The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

View Poll Results: Rate the NEW costume...
Best Spidey costume yet! 105 52.50%
Slightly better than Raimi's costumes 36 18.00%
The same as Raimi's 36 18.00%
Worse than Raimi's 6 3.00%
Worse than the first ASM's costume 17 8.50%
Voters: 200. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-12-2013, 09:05 AM   #576
SpideyFan866
Banned User

Default Re: Rate the NEW ASM2 costume!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryptic name View Post
Wonder if they have to darken the crotch on this one to hide Garfield's business like last time.
That was exactly why.

They didn't want his junk to be poking out at the audience once it was converted to 3D.

Old 03-12-2013, 09:25 AM   #577
JOE
____#BringHomeSpidey____

This lol ^

"You see... Madness, as you know, is like gravity. All you need is a little push!"

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
Old 03-12-2013, 01:14 PM   #578
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
Yeah. I think biggest motivation for the material change was to benefit Andrew and the stuntmen.

Andrew has said many times in interviews that the ASM suit was uncomfortable and that he couldn't even take it off to pee. That resulted in this funny picture.

I really liked that costume but on many instances the side stripes just look horrible!! Thank god they removed them

Old 03-12-2013, 04:35 PM   #579
Smegger56
The Smegginator

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWallCrawler View Post
I really liked that costume but on many instances the side stripes just look horrible!! Thank god they removed them
I was thinking about that. They where the only thing on the costume I would have really changed.

BUT, the more I watch the film, the more I see why they are included. It makes the costume look sleeker. I get why the included them from a visual point.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:33 AM   #580
Spider - Man
Banned User

Really ticks me off. They did the same thing in the FF movies. First film had Doom in perfect color tunic and hood and mask but had him wearing like black dress slacks and shoes. Second film, they got the armor right but the mask was wrong as well as the color of the cloak and hood.

IMO best of both worlds would have been
- AMS material and color tones (like the brighter colors)
- new suit design (more traditional, no lines down the legs)
- new suit eyes - perfect.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:36 AM   #581
Nathan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smegger56 View Post
I was thinking about that. They where the only thing on the costume I would have really changed.

BUT, the more I watch the film, the more I see why they are included. It makes the costume look sleeker. I get why the included them from a visual point.
Looking at tons of promo shots, they were unnecessary though. Because in most of them, you see them either barely or not at all, and the costume still looks pretty sleek.

Old 03-16-2013, 11:44 PM   #582
storyteller
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAlwaysAngry View Post
This new suit does not look much at all like Raimi's suit. Seriously. I don't get it. It may share some slight similarities, but it's just as close to ASM in my opinion. And closer to the comics than Raimi ever
got.

Raimi's suit is basically the one from the comics so it's kinda hard to beat perfection. The raised webbing the honeycomb patters are lifted direct from Raimi's suit. But again, it's basically the comic book suit so really if your adapting that costume, it's hard not to be similar.

There really isn't more to say. They have successfully adapted the suit. It is THE standard. The new suit is SPIDER-MAN.

I am interested in how it plays in the light. The red doesn't seem to be the same material as the blue. The red reacts differently to light.

Its time to be a man..................and run away.
Old 03-17-2013, 01:59 AM   #583
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Changing the raised webbing and changing the honeycomb pattern is simple enough to keep the comic-accurate suit and stray away from actually looking like Raimi's design, though.

Old 03-17-2013, 10:01 AM   #584
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smegger56 View Post

I understand the concept of the side stripes, but they could've done a better job with them. I found a perfect concept art pic of what I wanted the side stripes to be

My point is: if they wanted to include the side stripes to convey sleekness/edginess they should've gone all out. The side stripe in the movie was... "blocky"

Old 03-17-2013, 12:06 PM   #585
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Nice art, but the stripes still suck.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:58 PM   #586
storyteller
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CastlesInTheAir View Post
Does anyone know if Andrew Garfield can even see out of those big white eyes? They don't seem very practical lol

He probably can see but it's certainly no the best. None of the comic book movie suits have exactly been "practical". Gotta give a lot to make it look nice and faithful.

Its time to be a man..................and run away.
Old 04-10-2013, 10:30 PM   #587
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

I hate that it looks just like Toby's suit.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:55 AM   #588
chaseter
Bland User

I love it. I love the suit and I love that they realized how ugly the first suit was that they fired the costume designer and hired a new one who changed it.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:40 AM   #589
mayo23
Side-Kick

Came across this photo, which was taken from the ASM documentary. Looks like one of the earlier suit tests from the concept art. It might be the lighting, but the webbing also appears silver. Don't know about anyone else, but I like it.

Old 04-11-2013, 05:41 AM   #590
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
I love it. I love the suit and I love that they realized how ugly the first suit was that they fired the costume designer and hired a new one who changed it.
I couldn't agree more.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 04-11-2013, 05:44 AM   #591
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayo23 View Post
Came across this photo, which was taken from the ASM documentary. Looks like one of the earlier suit tests from the concept art. It might be the lighting, but the webbing also appears silver. Don't know about anyone else, but I like it.

i really don't like it D:

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 04-11-2013, 06:15 AM   #592
elsewhere
omnipotent

Quote:
The first suit was supposed to be ugly. That was the whole point.

Old 04-11-2013, 06:36 AM   #593
Nathan

And it wasn't even that ugly. Come on, does this seriously look so bad? I think it looks great. All that was needed for the sequel were a couple of tweaks here and there.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:54 AM   #594
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:

It's not the lighting...it's silver. I don't like this design and I'm glad they didnt use it. The web pattern on the face looks horrible and I've never cared for silver webs on Spidey's suit.

Old 04-11-2013, 10:55 AM   #595
UltimateWebhead
Black's the new Red&Blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
And it wasn't even that ugly. Come on, does this seriously look so bad? I think it looks great. All that was needed for the sequel were a couple of tweaks here and there.
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Ditto.

Old 04-11-2013, 12:21 PM   #596
Nicko-Ray
"On va voir."

Quote:

I don't like the webbing design on the face, but I noticed in that shot when I was watching it, that the lenses are indeed dark blue as well as the frames around it. That I found real cool as opposed to the reflective lenses. I think Marc wanted to go old school with the idea of the reflective lenses because that's how they were described in the early comics.

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsewhere View Post
I get the feeling that it was kind of supposed to "suck" too. I mean I enjoy the suit, and I've said this before, maybe it's supposed to look like a "level 1" suit you know?

Quote:
Same here. It pretty much screams Ultimate Spider-Man to me. And that's a very good thing. It looks classic. Simple.

Old 04-11-2013, 01:35 PM   #597
chaseter
Bland User

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsewhere View Post
No it wasn't.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
Old 04-16-2013, 09:55 AM   #598
Webhead38
Side-Kick

The eyes are a nice improvement. Glad they're also embracing the classic costume. I think that's what the majority of people identify with.

Old 04-16-2013, 07:43 PM   #599
spidermanJLA!~
SUPERHERO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post

My only problem with changing from this one is that it defined Webb's Spider-man for me, so the new suit is going to take some getting used to.

Old 04-16-2013, 08:17 PM   #600
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

The new suit;s griwing on me. I just wish they would have made the webbing on the suit was flat and black.