The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Justice League > Justice League Parts One & Two

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 10:54 PM   #626
Whiskey Tango
#N7DAY14

Default Re: Justice League: News and Speculation - Part 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by FeedOnATreeFrog View Post
The Bruce Wayne you know has a body that doesn't wear out.
Congratulations on apparently knowing the real life Bruce Wayne. The one to whom career-ending injuries might actually be a serious thing, rather than a source of drama. The one that isn't subject to writerly whim. You know, the one that isn't a fictional character?

Oh wait.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion

Last edited by Whiskey Tango; 03-16-2013 at 11:04 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:13 PM   #627
erehwon0
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dnno1 View Post
Just keep in mind that Gordon posed it as a question and was not actually sure if Batman was Bruce Wayne (Batman actually said it doesn't matter when he was posed the question of his identity). A writer could easily make it look like nobody knew if they just say that Blake covered as Batman for a few years and then Wayne returns to take back the mantle (you could also use the Batman incorporated angle or even just let Gordon keep it a secret).

Killing Blake is unnecessary (they didn't do that in the comics for Azrael). He could just become some other hero or retire.

He was also presumed dead in Batman Begins, but that didn't seem to stop anything.

It's not complicated at all.
I don't know whether you're being naive, serious or stubborn.

They held a small funeral for Bruce Wayne, the only reason they would do that was if Gordon told them Bruce had died. Even if they explained it had nothing to do with the seige, died of natural causes?, the world assumes both Bruce Wayne and Batman are dead. Remember in The Dark Knight where Harvey questions whether Wayne Manor was even a part of Gotham because it was so far from the city? So Bruce Wayne could not have been a casualty o f the seige. So Bruce Wayne and Batman died close to the same time. What a coincidence! And Batman Incorporated was never established in the movies! You're reaching at straws now!

Also they showed that Wayne Enterprises being dissolved or seriously reduced in size at the end of the movie. Where will that leave JGL, without the resources of Wayne Enterprises? A guerilla Batman? What is Batman without the resourses of Wayne Enterprises? Nightwing? So, can Bruce Wayne still return to the Bat without the resources in place? And after enduring all the physical hardships he had? This is the movie Batman not the comics one!

I don't doubt Bruce left some of his wealth somewhere where there will be no paper trail, so that he can live off of it for a long time. Also, for him to come back he'll have rebuild his wealth before so he could have the resources or else he'll be no better than Kick-Ass! It's not like in Batman Begins where everything was in place for him to become Batman.

Sure, its not complicated at all! And Goyer will write a way past it, after writing it definitvely as their end to their Batman! After painting themelves in to this corner would he even want to? Sure its not complicated. After all, you're not writing it!

Last edited by erehwon0; 03-16-2013 at 11:22 PM.
Old 03-16-2013, 11:33 PM   #628
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Quote:
Also they showed that Wayne Enterprises being dissolved or seriously reduced in size at the end of the movie. Where will that leave JGL, without the resources of Wayne Enterprises? A guerilla Batman? What is Batman without the resourses of Wayne Enterprises? Nightwing? So, can Bruce Wayne still return to the Bat without the resources in place? And after enduring all the physical hardships he had? This is the movie Batman not the comics one!
I am sure that Fox will be able to prove the money transactions done by Bane and Dagget as invalid and claim back some of the money and stocks back in the name of Wayne Enterprises.

Bruce was considered as dead for many years in Batman Begins, same thing happens after the events of TDKR, he can still come back.

Nightwing will continue to operate as a vigilante in Gotham City, Batman will show up only if he is needed (that may happen in JL - movie .)

*\S/T*

I'll be back !
Old 03-16-2013, 11:43 PM   #629
Whiskey Tango
#N7DAY14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
Bruce was considered as dead for many years in Batman Begins
Nope! Sorry, there's your precedent! I guess all those subsequent movies didn't even happen. Probably just Bruce Wayne's fever dreams as he rotted away in some nameless Chinese prison.

Because, you know, there's no way to write your way out of the end scenario TDKR left us with. No sir.

resounding through the mountains
and off into the empty sky.
- Ryōkan

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 03-17-2013, 12:30 AM   #630
TIM BLAKE
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
Haaaaah! Nice try. I actually love Blake and have been defending him since the movie came out to all the haters. I may not love Robin as a whole but I love Nightwing and the idea of Blake being Nightwing.

I seriously doubt that A) im an idiot LOL and B) the movie will begin in Blakes perspective.

Stop assuming. Ive been into the idea around here, of Blake in a supporting role in Worlds Finest and in a cameo at the start of JL. What im saying is, JL is not about Gotham. It's about the rest of the world and each member. They may have their hands full already and will just reference Blake and maybe the fact that Bruce needs him to stay in Gotham to protect it while he joins the League for bigger problems. A cameo for JGL would be awesome, where he shares a nice scene with Bale. I even suggested Blake could be Batmans oracle then comes out at the end to aid the team in his suit. So calm down Robin fanboy.

Im not writing the script, neither are you. If Goyer feels a mention of Robin protecting Gotham is enough or that he's only keeping a watchful eye with the computers (inside the batcave without suiting up)...because Gotham might be doing OK during this "rebuilding period" for now.....then that's how it will be written. And if JGL doesn't get an appearance because of that writing decision.........then that's because it doesn't serve the story. The story is about the League and if Nightwing isn't a part of the team he's not as important. He needs to be addressed but nothing more. This is not a Batman solo movie.

The problem here is fans like you walk into a movie expecting a huge thing that u cooked up in ur mind and now I bet if it doesn't happen you'll be so pissed that ull be let down. That's on you buddy. Not the filmmakers.
Batman's Oracle LOL that's the gayest **** I've ever heard phuck no.He could just be Nightwing,sorry bro I'm not on here every waking minute of everyday,I have a job and a life.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:53 AM   #631
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sub-Zero View Post
If he comes back, he has no home ,no money, his body is destroyed and he's not even 40. Just get someone new or retcon with bale.
As he did when he returned in Batman Begins. Remember, Alfred is holding on the his estate, and he is smart enough to remake his fortune (remember he still is withholding some Wayne tech). Once again, it all depends on the writer.

Old 03-17-2013, 01:52 AM   #632
erehwon0
Side-Kick

Remember the start of TDKR? Wayne Enterprises couldn't even donate to a charity! Because he nearly bankrupted the company after pulling the plug on the fusion reactor! And since Wayne Enterprises was a public company, why would shareholders keep Wayne enterprises going when Bruce Wayne died? For a second time! Fool us once, good on you! Fool us twice, you're going to pay big time!

Also, Bruce Wayne was declared missing first then deceased later in Batman Begins. I think Gordon realizing Bruce Wayne was Batman, confirmed Bruce Wayne died. This is what you get with Nolan's "realism"! A lot of questions that need to be addressed!

Old 03-17-2013, 02:11 AM   #633
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Quote:
Remember the start of TDKR? Wayne Enterprises couldn't even donate to a charity! Because he nearly bankrupted the company after pulling the plug on the fusion reactor! And since Wayne Enterprises was a public company, why would shareholders keep Wayne enterprises going when Bruce Wayne died?
Bruce left Alfred in-charge of whatever was left of his fortune that includes Wayne Enterprises, after Fox will establish that all the transactions and stocks transferred by Dagget were invalid and illegal, The company will survive again, not in a great financial position but as a medium sized enterprise.

*\S/T*

I'll be back !
Old 03-17-2013, 03:22 AM   #634
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIM BLAKE View Post
You said to have Nightwing or Blake in Gotham and not even show him in the movie.Which would be retarded because Nightwing's an awesome character and would be cooler to see on screen the Bales washed up Batman talking with cancer getting owned in every scene cause he's like 50.Just sayin.

Silly talk.

Old 03-17-2013, 03:25 AM   #635
Dark Knight
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shauner111 View Post
The problem here is fans like you walk into a movie expecting a huge thing that u cooked up in ur mind and now I bet if it doesn't happen you'll be so pissed that ull be let down. That's on you buddy. Not the filmmakers.

Quoted for Truth!

Old 03-17-2013, 06:16 AM   #636
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by erehwon0 View Post
Remember the start of TDKR? Wayne Enterprises couldn't even donate to a charity! Because he nearly bankrupted the company after pulling the plug on the fusion reactor! And since Wayne Enterprises was a public company, why would shareholders keep Wayne enterprises going when Bruce Wayne died? For a second time! Fool us once, good on you! Fool us twice, you're going to pay big time!

Also, Bruce Wayne was declared missing first then deceased later in Batman Begins. I think Gordon realizing Bruce Wayne was Batman, confirmed Bruce Wayne died. This is what you get with Nolan's "realism"! A lot of questions that need to be addressed!
There was no body. If Wayne shows up again, then it is obvious that he didn't die and everybody knew that he was eccentric. Furthermore, if Gordon realizes that Wayne is Batman, I am pretty sure that he will keep his secret (at Wayne's funeral, he never acknowledged that he saved the city when asked who did by Blake). He would not be the only one that knows and it wouldn't ruin anything if a few people did. Keep in mind Fox was always in charge of the company since TDK and that Wayne, now living an anonymous life must have some source of income (i.e. a stash of cash, stock, trust fund, business interest, et. al.). The story is not all messed up as you think.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:47 AM   #637
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
Congratulations on apparently knowing the real life Bruce Wayne. The one to whom career-ending injuries might actually be a serious thing, rather than a source of drama. The one that isn't subject to writerly whim. You know, the one that isn't a fictional character?

Oh wait.
Enjoyed the Fictional characters clip.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:53 AM   #638
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Quote:
There was no body. If Wayne shows up again, then it is obvious that he didn't die and everybody knew that he was eccentric. Furthermore, if Gordon realizes that Wayne is Batman, I am pretty sure that he will keep his secret (at Wayne's funeral, he never acknowledged that he saved the city when asked who did by Blake). He would not be the only one that knows and it wouldn't ruin anything if a few people did. Keep in mind Fox was always in charge of the company since TDK and that Wayne, now living an anonymous life must have some source of income (i.e. a stash of cash, stock, trust fund, business interest, et. al.). The story is not all messed up as you think.
No body precisely! I would thoroughly enjoy seeing a gotham coroner say "we have no report on Bruce Wayne on file so therefore he could still be alive".

Last edited by IamtheBatman; 03-17-2013 at 08:58 AM.
Old 03-17-2013, 09:37 AM   #639
cleverusername8
Side-Kick

Well, maybe Bruce Wayne doesn't need to make a public appearance, only Batman. Think about it! If Blake takes on the Batman mantle and continues to fight crime wearing the same suit, what's to make the public think that it's a different guy? Level of skill may be a thing, but enough of the face is concealed to make them close enough in appearance.

Anyway, if Blake is running around as Batman in Gotham, and then Wayne reaapears as Batman alongside Superman and the new heroes, no one is going to know it's Bruce. Maybe they'll assume that yet another Batman imitator has arisen to combat crime.

Old 03-17-2013, 11:04 AM   #640
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

ElMayimbe started this madness!

Old 03-17-2013, 11:23 AM   #641
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamtheBatman View Post
No body precisely! I would thoroughly enjoy seeing a gotham coroner say "we have no report on Bruce Wayne on file so therefore he could still be alive".
And technically, you would have to wait 7 years before that person would be declared dead. For all we know, that scene could have happened 7 years after the blast.

Old 03-17-2013, 11:34 AM   #642
dnno1
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverusername8 View Post
Well, maybe Bruce Wayne doesn't need to make a public appearance, only Batman. Think about it! If Blake takes on the Batman mantle and continues to fight crime wearing the same suit, what's to make the public think that it's a different guy? Level of skill may be a thing, but enough of the face is concealed to make them close enough in appearance.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

After the second film, we were led to believe that there were copycats.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleverusername8 View Post
Anyway, if Blake is running around as Batman in Gotham, and then Wayne reaapears as Batman alongside Superman and the new heroes, no one is going to know it's Bruce. Maybe they'll assume that yet another Batman imitator has arisen to combat crime.
True.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:00 PM   #643
shauner111
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TIM BLAKE View Post
Batman's Oracle LOL that's the gayest **** I've ever heard phuck no.He could just be Nightwing,sorry bro I'm not on here every waking minute of everyday,I have a job and a life.
Hey buddy, take the attitude somewhere else. Your defense for having Nightwing is just a bunch of silliness. There's nothing to it other than the defense sounding like a teenager just wanting their "awesome Nightwing" to appear. If it doesn't serve the story (a JL story not a Gotham story) then the character doesn't have to get more than a nod. I myself would rather see him as Nightwing, but the story is more important than just throwing the character in there cuz you can.

Old 03-17-2013, 12:20 PM   #644
cleverusername8
Side-Kick

Quote:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

After the second film, we were led to believe that there were copycats.

True.
That scene is what I had in mind when I said this, actually. I doubt the public would make a huge deal out of multiple Batmen which means Bruce can reemerge in the cape and cowl without the public being confused over his "death".

Old 03-17-2013, 01:31 PM   #645
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

Now, that I think about it I rather have David Goyer be the one that does the DCU for WB he knows the characters and he reads the comics.

Old 03-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #646
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
If he's a real hero with a strong sense of responsibility and the desire to help the people who need him? You're damned right I do. The Bruce Wayne I know doesn't quit.
Unless you kill his girlfriend.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
TOO SOON!

He's seen his parents die before his eyes - the reason he became Batman. Would-be-girlfriend that doesn't even want a relationship with him and is not in a relationship with him dies? Nah, **** that. No more Batman.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:11 PM   #647
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
Unless you kill his girlfriend.

TOO SOON!

He's seen his parents die before his eyes - the reason he became Batman. Would-be-girlfriend that doesn't even want a relationship with him and is not in a relationship with him dies? Nah, **** that. No more Batman.
That's not why he stopped being Batman. He stopped because he thought Batman wasn't needed any more.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:14 PM   #648
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
That's not why he stopped being Batman. He stopped because he thought Batman wasn't needed any more.
COINKYDINK!

Which is absurd. Batman would never do that, either.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:18 PM   #649
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

I don't like his reasons for quitting in TDKR either, but I don't think it was because of Rachel. Rather, Rachel was the reason he could not move on after quitting.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:33 PM   #650
IamtheBatman
Side-Kick

I didn't like the fact that Alfred didn't support Bruce in being Batman. In the comics Alfred always supports him.

Closed Thread