The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 03-16-2013, 01:49 AM   #651
TheWiseGuy487
Electrifying!

Default Re: Latest Anime you watched? - Part 1

I love Nichijou, from the two episodes I've watched of it (I seriously need to get back to it).

The best way I can describe it: Imagine the most exaggerated, random or worst case scenario of how a person feels what could possibly happen in a normal, everyday situation or accident, and someone put it into animated form. (i.e.-- bumping into someone and causing a devastating, catastrophic explosion that would wipe out millions. )

5-.-2-.-14

Old 03-16-2013, 01:58 AM   #652
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

haha that sounds pretty damn hilarious, heck those few clips made me literally laugh out loud.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 03-16-2013, 03:10 AM   #653
Spider-Aziz
Web Interphase

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
What for did they congratulate him?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Last thing Anime I watched, this clip.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

SPIDER-MAN: Taking selfies since the 60s, making money out of it.

6th annual animated shows tournament voting has begun.
Old 03-16-2013, 08:32 AM   #654
Lord
All Mighty

Anybody else following JoJo's Bizarre Adventure?

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 03-16-2013, 10:22 AM   #655
ssj wolverine
Plenty have tried pal!!

Berserk ep 18

Old 03-16-2013, 02:33 PM   #656
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Psycho-Pass Ep.1 - 3

It's like a mixture of Minority Report, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?/Blade Runner, & Judge Dredd. Really digging this show so far.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Old 03-17-2013, 09:32 AM   #657
Lucien
Bozhe Moi

Time of Eve.

Its a short 6 episode series set in the not too distant future, where humans have become almost reliant on androids in their day to day lives. They're treated as appliances and looked upon with indifference, despite the majority of them looking identical to flesh and blood people, and any close relationship between human and robot is seen almost as taboo. Time of Eve is an underground cafe that has only one rule: there's no discrimination between humans and robots. Androids visiting deactivate their status rings when inside, which is a holographic halo that circles an android's head identifying them as robots. It draws heavily on Asimov and his Three Laws of Robotics, but delves a lot deeper into what makes a person a person and the relationships between man and AI than say I, Robot did. It's a really great piece of science fiction anime, i hope it gets a second series that it leaves itself open for, but it can easily live in its own.

Old 03-17-2013, 04:32 PM   #658
MagnarTheGreat
The Avatar

Quote:
Psycho-Pass Ep.1 - 3

It's like a mixture of Minority Report, Do Androids Dream of Electric Sheep?/Blade Runner, & Judge Dredd. Really digging this show so far.
It gets a hell of a lot better around episode 9 or 10. Just wait. I almost bailed at the beginning because it was just above average (for a modern anime) and I have a lot of other stuff to do. I'm not all caught up on all the episodes myself, yet.

Last edited by MagnarTheGreat; 03-17-2013 at 04:35 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:37 PM   #659
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

They look like FFVII's Turks.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:34 AM   #660
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
It gets a hell of a lot better around episode 9 or 10. Just wait. I almost bailed at the beginning because it was just above average (for a modern anime) and I have a lot of other stuff to do. I'm not all caught up on all the episodes myself, yet.
Interesting. Definitely not planning on bailing on this series. I'm on episode 5 now (taking this one in slowly) and I still find this show beyond intriguing. Plus the intro for the show alone has me hooked.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Quote:
Old 03-18-2013, 06:31 AM   #661
MagnarTheGreat
The Avatar

Cs Funny Re: Latest Anime you watched? - Part 1

I like the original opening and ending too. Of course they later replace both of them with something I like less.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:36 PM   #662
Ryo Jin
Let's Fighting Love!

Sword Art Online
Episode 13

"Now I'm the best at whatever it is Wolverine does!"
-Deadpool

Old 03-19-2013, 11:17 AM   #663
Lord
All Mighty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fading View Post
Yeah, you were right on both parts, Ant King (Cell), and the 3rd gen Dragonslayers. I was just trying to avoid spoiling you just in case you hadn't gotten to that point yet.

The FT mystery I'm talking about is something I can't get into depth without spoiling. I'll just say it was hinted at with Lucy's mom, then the Dragon's, then a character named Zeref, and now carried on in the current arc. It's like a large web in the background with bits being shown throughout the series, but never taking center stage. Still though, the fights aren't always well thought out, and too easily become lopsided.

As for HunterXHunter being very loved, I can understand that. It's a solid series that goes at it's own pace. It's just more of a personal thing with me. The Chimera Ant arc started to go a bit downhill (IMO), and then it goes on hiatus forever. It did eventually come back and get good again, but by then I had kind of been soured on it. Then it goes on hiatus again right in the middle of the climax of the arc. Then comes back, finishes the arc, does one little tiny arc, sets up something that could be really interesting, and goes on hiatus again. It's a series worth sticking too, but if you've been following it for awhile...it gets sooooo frustrating, lol.

In fact, the last issue was released March this year. I'm guessing the next issue won't be until sometime next year. If he's waited this long, chances are he'll wait until after New Years.
If you're interested in watching it in a row the chimera ants arc is going to be animated:

Plenty of male-led action films fail, yet the actors' gender is not blamed. Why should it be different for women? Especially since far more male-led action films are made than female-led action films?
Old 03-19-2013, 11:41 AM   #664
Spider-Aziz
Web Interphase

Bleach the first movie

Old 03-19-2013, 12:33 PM   #665
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnarTheGreat View Post
I like the original opening and ending too. Of course they later replace both of them with something I like less.
Oh my goodness! Dude about episode 11:
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
you weren't kidding about things getting even better, I sort of figured Makishima figured a way to avoid being detected by the dominator but it was still a pretty powerful moment nonetheless. I felt bad for Akane's friend though.
Oh and I completely agree about the new opening. It's so awful in comparison to the 1st. Not only is the visual not creative (it's just a montage of clips) but the song itself is just dreadful. The 1st opening is lightyears better.

Now I'm going to try and kill ep. 12 - 21.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo Jin View Post
Sword Art Online
Episode 13

How are you liking it so far? I really loved this series (especially Season 1).

Quote:
Old 03-20-2013, 01:13 PM   #666
Spider-Aziz
Web Interphase

Street Fighter II the film

Old 03-21-2013, 05:52 AM   #667
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Psycho Pass EP. 12 - 21 since Tuesday/Wednesday night/morning respectively.

Dammit I wanted to catch the Simulcast of Psycho Pass so badly but I'm going to miss it by 2 hours because of work.

I wanted to experience the finale with the whole world.

Se la vie.

Quote:
Old 03-21-2013, 07:23 PM   #668
Ryo Jin
Let's Fighting Love!

Quote:
How are you liking it so far? I really loved this series (especially Season 1).
Same here, season 1 was great. Season 2's okay, but his cousin crushing on him is annoying, tropey, pointless, and stupid.

"Now I'm the best at whatever it is Wolverine does!"
-Deadpool

Old 03-22-2013, 12:14 AM   #669
MagnarTheGreat
The Avatar

Psycho-Pass completed (22 episodes)

The ending: Everything up to Kogami shooting Makishima was well handled. Akane's got some sweet moves. While I'm glad they didn't have Kogami not kill Makishima, in many ways they reset right back to square one where the show started, which is just potential sequel bait I guess. The Sibyl system lives on, despite Akane's outburst. I suppose Kogami becomes the next Makishima. I suppose.

VERDICT: Good to very good but not a classic...yet. Is this supposed to have a second season?

Old 03-22-2013, 12:55 AM   #670
craigdbfan
El Psy Congroo
SHH! Global Moderator

Psycho Pass
(entire series)

A masterpiece. The philosophical pondering of morality and the price of progression in order to achieve justice to deliver "peace" have never quite been as eloquently displayed as they have in this here series.

Even without a second season the message of Psycho Pass was a very poignant one. What's the price of justice and what do we have to sacrifice (Akane staying subservient yet morally reluctant towards the Sibyl System and Kogami becoming the immovable object to Makishimas unstoppable force).

Beautiful, introspective and most of all powerful.

As for the ending:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
I didn't take it as Kogami replacing Mikishima. Kogami while understanding the actions of Mikishima completely detested his abhorrent ways. The restart showed how differently Akane was handling her job as Inspector in comparison to Ginzo who made the differentiation between the enforcers in a way that dehumanized them. Akane opted out for that and makes it very clear that they are in fact human but go about finding criminals in a "different" way.

As for Kogami I firmly believe he didn't turn into a Makishima type. The whole point of the series was that Kogami found Makishima's actions completely abhorrent and a desperate act for attention. While Kogami understood him better than anyone else it's that very reason that brought so much disgust towards him. It was a classic instance of "What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?". In this case though Kogami was able to trivialize this entire concept by tearing Makishima down and destroying him. This irresistible force paradox that Makishima was so confident about was turned upside down by Kogami's determined will to erase Makishima from existence.

The book he's reading at the end "Swann's Way" deals with a whole bunch of themes and apparently one of those is that time is a constant which would go perfectly with Akane's quote about Kogami and Makishima's fate being determined from the very beginning.

As for their being a second season I would guess that all depends on how well the DVD/Blu Ray ends up selling in Japan and overseas (mainly Japan). I'm perfectly fine with this ending but I certainly wouldn't mind a sequel as long as it's written by Urobuchi.

Quote:
Old 03-22-2013, 05:16 AM   #671
titansupes
Side-Kick

Just watched a few minutes of Bio-Booster Armour Guyver and Tekno Man on YouTube. Just on a bit of 'cartoons I found when I was little' kick today.

Old 03-22-2013, 05:31 AM   #672
Lord
All Mighty

Is Psycho-Pass worth watching? I heard many fans got disapointed.

Heard Fate/ Zero was amazing, is the plot that good?

Old 03-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #673
MagnarTheGreat
The Avatar

I'd certainly say Psycho-Pass is worth watching to the end. I might even watch it again if there's ever a dub.

Old 03-22-2013, 04:25 PM   #674
Lord
All Mighty

Anybody wants to vote in the anime tournament?

http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=454879

The first round is Naruto vs Sword Art Online

Old 03-24-2013, 07:12 PM   #675
ssj wolverine
Plenty have tried pal!!

Finally finished all 25 eps of Berserk. Man that was intense but great anime.

Last edited by ssj wolverine; 03-24-2013 at 07:29 PM.
Closed Thread