The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

View Poll Results: Should Judd Run for Senate?
Yes, and declare intent to run immediately. 1 11.11%
Yes, but declare intent to run later. 1 11.11%
No, express disinterest immediately. 3 33.33%
No, express interest in running somewhere else. 1 11.11%
Do nothing. 2 22.22%
Other 1 11.11%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-17-2013, 01:51 PM   #26
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: Ashley Judd for Senate?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Fan View Post
Cruz is nothing more then an attention whore looking to build up his stock so he can hawk books and other products in the future. As I pointed out above I think his referencing the fictional group Friends of Hamas in a legit Senate hearing speaks volume of where the guys head is at and his legitimacy as a politician. His question for Feinstein was yet another example of hey look at me far right wing nuts, I am standing up to the man.
WTF, lmao....you had no clue who Cruz was until this...and you have him pegged....give me a break. He is a Tea Party pick, he is conservative, you have judged him on nothing more than that. It has nothing to do with this exchange. You hate conservatives.....moving on. No need to discuss that....

Old 03-17-2013, 01:58 PM   #27
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly View Post
WTF, lmao....you had no clue who Cruz was until this...and you have him pegged....give me a break. He is a Tea Party pick, he is conservative, you have judged him on nothing more than that. It has nothing to do with this exchange. You hate conservatives.....moving on. No need to discuss that....
So you think bringing up "Friends of Hamas" was a legit question? Or even asking Feinstein a question that is full of holes and proves nothing is legit? The guy in his short time in the Senate has proved on multiple occasions that he basically goes out to ask questions based on pandering to a small group of people for shock value and not much more.

As I said his argument to try defend the 2nd amendment was plan stupid because it infact gives arguments why their should be limits on guns based on other laws made towards other amendments if one thinks about it for 2 seconds. I am sure though their will be people who support Cruz who won't care how stupid the question was because in a superficial way he was sticking it to the man and that's all that matters

Anytime I seen Cruz talk it sounds like I am reading some right wing blog or listening to Rush Limbaugh, if you think that's good for politics fine but I see a guy who is more style then actual substance. In order to deserve a little respect you have to do something in order to earn it and his friend of hamas witchhunt put him on bad grounds to start off his early career, so it's hard for me to give him the benefit of the doubt he trying to ask a legit question the next time he does his media whoring.

Last edited by SV Fan; 03-17-2013 at 02:09 PM.
SV Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 02:00 PM   #28
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
So you think bringing up "Friends of Hamas" was a legit question? Or even asking Feinstein a question that is full of holes and proves nothing is legit? The guy in his short time in the Senate has proved on multiple occasions that he basically goes out to ask questions based on pandering to a small group of people for shock value and not much more.

Well, I'm sure glad you are around to explain these things....

Old 03-17-2013, 02:16 PM   #29
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, I'm sure glad you are around to explain these things....
Well it's a honest question, do you think Cruz's question about the Friends of Hamas is a positive to give the guy credibility or not? He basically choose to ask that question for whatever reason he had but I would argue it made him look bad in the process.

The problem asking a question that i would argue takes away credibility from the person is the next time he asks a question one is going to judge it on the person's history. Sure the question wasn't as bad as the Friends of Hamas witchunt but it first question does bring up the question is he trying to ask a legitimate question or just trying to poop disturb one more time for the sake of pandering to tea party types(and given the history of anytime I seen Cruz speak I would argue the later)

If somebody with a more respectable history asked Feinstein the question they would deserve a more respectable answer, but fact is Cruz got the answer his short history in the Senate deserves(ie if you want to go out of your way to attention whore and be a prick I will talk to you like your a little kid)

Last edited by SV Fan; 03-17-2013 at 02:25 PM.
Old 03-17-2013, 02:24 PM   #30
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Well it's a honest question, do you think Cruz's question about the Friends of Hamas is a positive to give the guy credibility or not? He basically choose to ask that question for whatever reason he had but I would argue it made him look bad in the process.

The problem asking a question that i would argue takes away credibility from the person is the next time he asks a question one is going to judge it on the person's history. Sure the question wasn't as bad as the Friends of Hamas witchunt but it first question does bring up the question is he trying to ask a legitimate question or just trying to poop disturb one more time for the sake of pandering to tea party types(and given the history of anytime I seen Cruz speak I would argue the later)
Are we now talking about the Hagel thing???? I'll wait until I see the documents that Hagel has been asked about.

I will say this....I do believe that Cruz needs to slow down a bit...I could care less what Hagel thinks of anyone...but Feinstein is one that he may need later on in his "legislative writing career"...

I will also say this....I will take Cruz over the alternative which was Greg Abbott, Governor Perry's lacky. : /

AND, I will probably be missing Kay Bailey far more than I thought I would.... ; )

Old 03-17-2013, 02:31 PM   #31
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Are we now talking about the Hagel thing???? I'll wait until I see the documents that Hagel has been asked about.
Here is the problem, Cruz's question about the Hagel's ties to the "friends of Hamas" has already been proved to be a hoax . There never was a Friends of Hamas, it was a joke a reporter made, that got picked up by a right wing blog that reported it as legit news that intern Cruz asked Hagel about and it wasn't even asking it was impleying that Hagel has ties to "Friends of Hamas". I am sorry a person's credibility level goes down alot when you make a blunder like that, and it's not a case he has a solid history to back him up that we can just slide that under the carpet as a honest mistake, that was one of his first big speeches in the Senate.

Old 03-17-2013, 02:35 PM   #32
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Here is the problem, Cruz's question about the Hagel's ties to the "friends of Hamas" has already been proved to be a hoax . There never was a Friends of Hamas, it was a joke a reporter made, that got picked up by a right wing blog that reported it as legit news that intern Cruz asked Hagel about and it wasn't even asking it was impleying that Hagel has ties to "Friends of Hamas". I am sorry a person's credibility level goes down alot when you make a blunder like that, and it's not a case he has a solid history to back him up that we can just slide that under the carpet as a honest mistake, that was one of his first big speeches in the Senate.
Hmmmmm....I'll hold judgment. I held judgment on Pelosi all the way until she became Speaker of the House....I can do the same for Cruz in the Senate. NOT, that I want him for Majority leader...or Minority leader , just saying I'm not going to start the namecalling just yet simply because he is too Conservative for my taste in the area of Social Issues. As far as fiscal policy, I'm right with him.....

Old 03-17-2013, 05:29 PM   #33
Cosmic
Theosophist

My impression was that Feinstein was irritated not just by Cruz's question, but also the overly pedantic, almost patronizing tone.

I think she was justified. Yes, she could've responded more tactfully. And he could've asked the same question in a less patronizing way. We speak more carefully to people in the organization with seniority. It's a matter of respect and proper manners. If you can't understand this or refuse to accept it (like Cruz, apparently) then you're going to piss off the wrong people, and they're going to put you in your place.

She's basically saying, don't talk to me like I'm a little kid who's not familiar with the constitution. I've been doing this for over 20 years and you just got here. I'm not going to let you talk down to me in front of all these people in committee...it's rather insulting. I don't blame her for blasting him. You can't let people push you around. McCain and graham are not going to come and back her up as they did with Hagel against Cruz.

Not only can Krypto now talk like a human, but his powers are far superior to mine! I can no longer be his master! -Superboy, Adventure Comics #239
Cosmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:51 PM   #34
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
My impression was that Feinstein was irritated not just by Cruz's question, but also the overly pedantic, almost patronizing tone.

I think she was justified. Yes, she could've responded more tactfully. And he could've asked the same question in a less patronizing way. We speak more carefully to people in the organization with seniority. It's a matter of respect and proper manners. If you can't understand this or refuse to accept it (like Cruz, apparently) then you're going to piss off the wrong people, and they're going to put you in your place.

She's basically saying, don't talk to me like I'm a little kid who's not familiar with the constitution. I've been doing this for over 20 years and you just got here. I'm not going to let you talk down to me in front of all these people in committee...it's rather insulting. I don't blame her for blasting him. You can't let people push you around. McCain and graham are not going to come and back her up as they did with Hagel against Cruz.
I think there are a lot in Washington that know little of the Constitution....Feinstein however, not being one of them....as far as McCain, McCain apologized to Cruz the same day as his comments.

I'm not one that really gives a crap about tenure in office....20 years is far too long in the Senate or House for my taste, but, more than anything else, I think had Feinstein simply answered his question and stayed chilled, it would have done far more for her side of the issue. People like Graham and others, of his own party, could put him in his place, and she totally comes out smelling like a rose.

Old 03-17-2013, 06:34 PM   #35
Cosmic
Theosophist

They both could've handled it better. I'd be happier if they were both gone, but that's not going to happen, so here we are.

Not only can Krypto now talk like a human, but his powers are far superior to mine! I can no longer be his master! -Superboy, Adventure Comics #239
Old 03-27-2013, 04:29 PM   #36
dnno1
Side-Kick

Ashley Judd Senate Run Not Happening
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...n_2966373.html

Old 03-27-2013, 05:25 PM   #37
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Her reasoning for not running is also a load of BS as well. What family does she have to look after, considering she has no kids and her mom can seemingly take care of herself still? About the only family thing she has to take care of is her impending divorce from Dario Franchitti. I think she saw the writing on the wall and is bowing out due to pressure from other KY Democrats.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 07:18 PM   #38
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
Her reasoning for not running is also a load of BS as well. What family does she have to look after, considering she has no kids and her mom can seemingly take care of herself still? About the only family thing she has to take care of is her impending divorce from Dario Franchitti. I think she saw the writing on the wall and is bowing out due to pressure from other KY Democrats.

Well, trying to save your marriage seems to be a good idea..... But, yeah, seeing you aren't going to get any funding from the Democrat Party might help you make a decision...lol

Old 03-27-2013, 07:44 PM   #39
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well, trying to save your marriage seems to be a good idea..... But, yeah, seeing you aren't going to get any funding from the Democrat Party might help you make a decision...lol
There isn't anything to be saved since it sounds like they're done (been separated for several months with no talk of reconciliation) and will be going into divorce hearings to split up their possessions and money made during the marriage.

Webfoot Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:31 PM   #40
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

There's always a chance...

Old 03-28-2013, 08:20 AM   #41
JJJ's Ulcer
Old, cigar chompin' grump

I'm not sure she would have been a bad Senator. People thought Al Franken would be a clown, but he worked out. She would have been better than Mock Turtle McConnell at any rate.

JJJ's Ulcer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 07:38 PM   #42
Cosmic
Theosophist

Exclamation Re: Ashley Judd for Senate?

CNN: McConnell campaign calls in FBI over secret recordings

http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...nnell-meeting/

Today, Mother Jones released a leaked recording of a recent Mcconnell campaign meeting discussing their "oppo research" and attack strategy for a potential race against Judd. Obviously, she's now decided not to run, and the recording doesn't really reveal much about the strategy that I'm sure more than a few regular posters here couldn't have already guessed.

Mcconnell told the press that he thinks his campaign HQ was "bugged" a-la Watergate, but David Corn said that the recording was provided by a source who wished to remain anonymous. I'm thinking there was a mole in the room...

My initial thought: the people in the recording sound like extreme scumbags. It's definitely not a career choice that I would accept.

Old 04-09-2013, 07:47 PM   #43
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic View Post
My initial thought: the people in the recording sound like extreme scumbags. It's definitely not a career choice that I would accept.
I'll defend McConnell a bit on this one, I am guessing alot of campaign meetings sound like that. That being said his trying to avoid the question about the meetings came off bad(trying to divert attention to the "evil liberals"), I personally would have found more respect if he said listen whoever recorded that meeting is a scumbag and if my place was bugged it was illegal but that is how politics works(then claim that doesn't have the full meeting on tape and how we decided to attack her for her actual stances on issues as opposed to going after her personal life)

Last edited by SV Fan; 04-09-2013 at 07:52 PM.
Old 04-09-2013, 07:59 PM   #44
Cosmic
Theosophist

I would have all campaign staff sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement for closed-door meetings. For such meetings, all attendees leave personal electronics outside in the keeping of an assigned security watch. If you expect to receive a phone call more urgent than what's being discussed in the meeting, inform the watch and he or she can come in to let you know you have a call if necessary.

As it is now, all Mcconnell can hope for is that the FBI finds evidence of wrongdoing, or if not, then the mole can somehow be exposed or reveal themselves.

Old 04-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #45
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJJ's Ulcer View Post
I'm not sure she would have been a bad Senator. People thought Al Franken would be a clown, but he worked out. She would have been better than Mock Turtle McConnell at any rate.
I think he finally settled down....and I've agreed with him on a few things.

I think in her case, she is EXTREMELY outspoken, I've read her book...which was very good BTW...she almost got arrested in Thailand for her outspokeness on women's rights.

I like her passion, but I'm not sure she would have been a good fit for the majority of the constituents in Kentucky...she might have won on name recognition, and then had people dieing of heart attacks when they saw the votes she would be making...actually that would be kind of interesting to see their reaction, lol.

Old 04-10-2013, 01:27 PM   #46
SV Fan
Side-Kick

Quote:
I like her passion, but I'm not sure she would have been a good fit for the majority of the constituents in Kentucky...she might have won on name recognition, and then had people dieing of heart attacks when they saw the votes she would be making...actually that would be kind of interesting to see their reaction, lol.
I think she most likely would have lost but what she would have done for the Democrat party in general if she ran would be knock down the Republican party in the US when they started attacking her(ie. see this is how Republicans think and act), getting people in other more winnable states interested in politics and going out to vote to show displeasure of how the Republican party in general acts. You sure as hell know any attack on her would be used by the party as an attack on women in general.

Using a War analogy, she would be useful canon fodder.

Old 04-10-2013, 06:51 PM   #47
Kelly
WE ARE HUNTER RIDER!
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
I think she most likely would have lost but what she would have done for the Democrat party in general if she ran would be knock down the Republican party in the US when they started attacking her(ie. see this is how Republicans think and act), getting people in other more winnable states interested in politics and going out to vote to show displeasure of how the Republican party in general acts. You sure as hell know any attack on her would be used by the party as an attack on women in general.

Using a War analogy, she would be useful canon fodder.
Possible, but though I think that she is very well spoken, I don't think that she could have done the interviews, and taken the canon fire with the grace of a southern woman...I think she would have gone off...

I like her personally, she is a little too far left for my taste, but I like passion in her charity work. I'm glad she decided not to run, IMO, she can do far more of what she wants to do, outside of office.

Old 04-11-2013, 12:05 AM   #48
Cosmic
Theosophist

I agree, and I also did not want to see her get subjected to a prolonged smear campaign. Win or lose, I think it would've been bad for her, and not at all worth it in the end.