Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2013, 10:05 AM   #651
Chewy
REDACTED

Default Re: The IRON MAN 3 News & Speculation Thread - Part 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
sorry about that, didn't know that interview quote would be regarded as spoiler
In general I wouldn't say it is, but it's pretty specific in its implication during this conversation. And the spoiler-averse won't like it, lol

Old 03-18-2013, 10:06 AM   #652
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Can some of yall not alude directly to it without spoiler tags? Even if you're using an actor's quote to do it. I'm 100% positive that there are people who are reading this thread that won't want to know
No prob.

Basically, what I was saying is that that is is likely false considering the spoilers that leaked about a month ago (after the Super Bowl spoilers, which have since been debunked by the trailer itself) have been, so far, on the up and up with other sources coming out with similar to exact info as was in that leak.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.
The Legend of Labeouf by Schlosser85
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=226

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 03-18-2013, 10:07 AM   #653
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
This was actually confirmed by The Hollywood Reporter when Kingsley was first cast:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...favreau-309693
We all know that was bogus because he plays the Mandarin.

They knew exactly jack **** at the time. So they couldn't really be sure if he played the main villain or not because they didn't know who he played whatsoever.

Yeah, I'm just worried that if Pan of Steel isn't widely accepted by the audience and critics, they might try to shoehorn Pinocchio into the sequel, and we all know how long Hollywood has been trying to do a 'Pan vs Pinocchio' team up movie.

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 03-18-2013, 10:13 AM   #654
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
In general I wouldn't say it is, but it's pretty specific in its implication during this conversation. And the spoiler-averse won't like it, lol
isn't the point of this whole thread to be spoiled ^_-?

Old 03-18-2013, 10:15 AM   #655
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyFan866 View Post
We all know that was bogus because he plays the Mandarin.

They knew exactly jack **** at the time. So they couldn't really be sure if he played the main villain or not because they didn't know who he played whatsoever.
It says in that article that he "might" be playing the Mandarin, it's not like they were saying he wouldn't play him

The way they handled it is pretty interesting if you think about it. Cast Ben Kingsley as Iron Man's longest-lasting foe from the comics. Then cast Guy Pearce as a guy who offed himself at the beginning of the single issue he appeared in. Which one are people gonna focus on, which one are people gonna assume the movie is structured around? Then build the marketing campaign around that same expectation, probably the first half of the movie, too, before showing your hand.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:19 AM   #656
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
It says in that article that he "might" be playing the Mandarin, it's not like they were saying he wouldn't play him

The way they handled it is pretty interesting if you think about it. Cast Ben Kingsley as Iron Man's longest-lasting foe from the comics. Then cast Guy Pearce as a guy who offed himself at the beginning of the single issue he appeared in. Which one are people gonna focus on, which one are people gonna assume the movie is structured around? Then build the marketing campaign around that same expectation, probably the first half of the movie, too, before showing your hand.
Good point. But honestly, at the very least, I would see Killian being like Dent in TDK in that, in the end of the movie, Dent was more important in finding/stopping then Joker was.

The twist itself makes sense, but its the tiny other details they said that makes it seem like a farce.

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 03-18-2013, 10:37 AM   #657
Steyin
Project Designer, LEED AP

Quote:
Based on what I know, I'd say this this is close to it but not the whole truth.

Because the info I have heard (and you guys probably know this if you read the large list of spoilers that leaked almost a month ago) says that....

The Mandarin does not die.

Killian is infact injected with the Extremis virus and is it is him and the other Extremis power guys (random extremis soldiers as well as firepower and coldblood) who fight Tony, and the other Extremis powered goons in the end.

The Mandarin's rings are NOT purely cosmetic. They ARE actually magic/technological hybrid. The rocks are of a cosmic/magical origin, and the rings themselves are a harness for the energies.

Tony does infact face Mandarin at the end with the extremis-less REVISITED ARMOR, which is a revised version of the Mark I.

This.

My LEGO Gallery
Old 03-18-2013, 10:42 AM   #658
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
You can forget about that. The second trailer debunked all of this when it showed that the 40 armors were NOT all the same color scheme and essentially multiple versions of the Mark XLII.
um, huh? We saw all of seven of the armors, and most of those there we've seen in the Hasbro toy promotion. We can't say what MOST of the armors look like, which is what the spoiler said.

And we already knew there were variations based on the armor spoiler from the production guide, assuming it's true.

Quote:
Ummmm after a just a quick glance over both those posts we already know at least 3 of them are untrue.... you are deluded dude, the new spoiler may not be true but some of those old ones are BS too
Which three? They all match up with what we saw in the trailer. I just explained the 40 armors bit, we haven't actually seen more than 7 of them. Pepper does don an armor Tony creates for her so she can escape an attack, and I have no idea what the third would be.

Old 03-18-2013, 10:56 AM   #659
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

So were the spoilers from yesterday ever posted? Can someone PM me?

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:06 AM   #660
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
So were the spoilers from yesterday ever posted? Can someone PM me?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
IF THIS IS TRUE (<==big IF), then this is a super spoiler. Consider yourself warned.

Last chance...
This is what I got from Chewy, who I think got it from the boxoffice.com site: For a while now we've known that Mandarin's rings aren't alien, and don't have any powers. Black and Feige and co have described him as this ex-military guy who went a nuts along the way, is obsessed with Sun Tzu, and crafted the Mandarin persona. So the question we've all been asking is: If Ben Kingsley's Mandarin is the villain of the movie, and he doesn't have any powers, how do you stage a big third act with a bunch of suits of armor around that?

And the answer is apparent that he isn't, and you don't. Guy Pearce's Aldrich Killian is the villain, was from the beginning. He uses the Mandarin as his mouthpiece/symbol/distraction, and Mandarin dies during the movie.

So that's the spoiler, and it makes sense with what we know - Killian funnels out the Extremis soldiers, and the third act will presumably be Tony and Rhodey and all those suits versus Killian and his soldiers in that warehouse. And you can have a third act that involves the big villain in the big fight, as Killian will presumably inject himself with it too.
^^^^

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 03-18-2013, 11:06 AM   #661
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Oh wow, that is indeed lame. Thanks SpideyFan.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:10 AM   #662
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Oh wow, that is indeed lame. Thanks SpideyFan.
This.

I HIGHLY doubt that's true.

Even the toys, for crying out loud, show that Tony fights Mandarin himself at some point.

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 03-18-2013, 11:13 AM   #663
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Quote:
This.

I HIGHLY doubt that's true.

Even the toys, for crying out loud, show that Tony fights Mandarin himself at some point.
Well...

It does say that Mandarin dies at some point. I assume he doesn't keel over of a heart attack and that Tony is most likely involved. That still allows for Killian to be the main villain.

Trust me, I don't want this to be true at all, but the LEGO toys don't disprove it. If anything, they make the spoiler seem closer to the truth since Extremis Killian is shown.

Old 03-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #664
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

If it is true...

Why not just give Mandarin alien tech in his rings to make him a super badass? I mean seriously... this hyper-realism stuff is getting annoying.

Old 03-18-2013, 11:15 AM   #665
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MynAmeIsedDie90 View Post
Well since almost everyone on that forum was complaining about it, I'd rather be disappointed now than when I actually watch it.
yup....the only reason i would want to be spoiled if something bad happens to a movie...
Don't want to get disappointing during the movie

Old 03-18-2013, 11:20 AM   #666
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
IF THIS IS TRUE (<==big IF), then this is a super spoiler. Consider yourself warned.

Last chance...
This is what I got from Chewy, who I think got it from the boxoffice.com site: For a while now we've known that Mandarin's rings aren't alien, and don't have any powers. Black and Feige and co have described him as this ex-military guy who went a nuts along the way, is obsessed with Sun Tzu, and crafted the Mandarin persona. So the question we've all been asking is: If Ben Kingsley's Mandarin is the villain of the movie, and he doesn't have any powers, how do you stage a big third act with a bunch of suits of armor around that?

And the answer is apparent that he isn't, and you don't. Guy Pearce's Aldrich Killian is the villain, was from the beginning. He uses the Mandarin as his mouthpiece/symbol/distraction, and Mandarin dies during the movie.

So that's the spoiler, and it makes sense with what we know - Killian funnels out the Extremis soldiers, and the third act will presumably be Tony and Rhodey and all those suits versus Killian and his soldiers in that warehouse. And you can have a third act that involves the big villain in the big fight, as Killian will presumably inject himself with it too.
thats not a huge spoiler....
was expecting something else...
hmm this doesn't sound right, the directors wouldn't want the mandarin to be useless in the movie.

Old 03-18-2013, 11:21 AM   #667
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Guy said his role was cameo stuff really , we all knew that was a lie
lol tricky Guy

Old 03-18-2013, 11:25 AM   #668
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

TCL Tie-In TV Spot with some new footage!

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Last edited by TheIrishAvenger; 03-18-2013 at 11:41 AM.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:27 AM   #669
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

AND IT BEGINS

time to avoid tv spots from now on....

Old 03-18-2013, 11:34 AM   #670
TheVileOne
Side-Kick

Hey there is that one shot from the trailer of what looks like Iron Man fighting a dude without any armor or anything. Looks like it could be Pearce.

- CM Punk
Old 03-18-2013, 11:35 AM   #671
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
thats not a huge spoiler....
was expecting something else...
hmm this doesn't sound right, the directors wouldn't want the mandarin to be useless in the movie.
This.

Mandarin is the big Iron Man villain they have been building to since the first movie, which featured the Ten Rings then.

I have a very hard time believing they would devalue him like this. Especially in favor of a character such as Killian.

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 03-18-2013, 11:37 AM   #672
SpideyFan866
Raggle Fraggle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
Hey there is that one shot from the trailer of what looks like Iron Man fighting a dude without any armor or anything. Looks like it could be Pearce.
It is.

#Hypsters4Sawyer
Old 03-18-2013, 11:54 AM   #673
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Looks like the BecomeIronMan stuff is actually going to start.

http://www.becomeironman.com/

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Last edited by TheIrishAvenger; 03-18-2013 at 12:01 PM.
Old 03-18-2013, 11:58 AM   #674
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVileOne View Post
ya that is pearce but i doubt thats the final final battle.

Old 03-18-2013, 12:00 PM   #675
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:

But if that's what they did, it's going to piss a whole lot of people off and they had to know that going in. It's not the kind of "twist" ending that leaves people thrilled, but rather the kind that leaves them disappointed and confused as to why the writers would do something so lame. [e.g., Bane being Talia's lackey in TDKR.]

Closed Thread