Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2013, 05:53 PM   #201
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Default Re: The TDKR General Discussion Thread - - - - - - - - - - - - Part 144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
It only works thematically with the idea that the "fear has to find you". If there wasn't a theme to back it up, I would have groaned at the sight of a child making the jump and not an adult.
Yeah, I get that. And that's the only reason why I don't normall make a huge deal out of it. Though I still wish they had found another way to highlight that fact.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequilla
MJ was my idol when i was young so.....

Those guys i would know. But they are famous people and work within industries i follow (justin because of films , nba has always been huge in europe and im kinda crazy about sports... ) . They are not playboy millionaires (well they probably were that too lol ) . But if instead of kobe , you would put right in front of me the most famous baseball , hockey or american football player , i wouldn't know them. Much less rich people.
Haha, I was more of a fan of the 89 Pistons, so I wasn't a huge fan. Though I can't deny the guy was great. And I don't think Wayne was as famous as the guys I mentioned. Someone like a Paris Hilton as Milost says is more comparable.

However, like I said, I'd be more apt to just look at a person and go, "hm, they look a lot like so and so" and keep on going, instead of instantly jumping to "THEY MUST HAVE FAKED THEIR DEATHS!"

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Old 03-13-2013, 05:57 PM   #202
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Pistons fan..i can see why you didnt love him But i also loved watching the bad boys. Everybody was a bulls fans during the 80-90's here (and i still follow them religiously...even during the slumps)

Old 03-13-2013, 05:58 PM   #203
milost
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tequilla View Post
Nolan's movies never state anything remotely like that regarding his character and how well known he's in the worl. He's a known millionaire in a us city. The prince of Gotham. Outside of Ra's , we never see anyone recognizing him in Begins outside US.

And i had no idea who the hell was Paris Hilton until i saw that bad sex tape.

There is certainly very rich and young people in chicago , new york , florida , beijing , paris , whatever...i have no idea who they are.
Funny you mentioned Ra's.

"The world is too small for someone like Bruce Wayne to disappear." Let's also remember all the Wayne Enterprises equipment out of the country that Bruce came across before he was arrested. He just wasn't a "rich guy" as you put it, he's Thomas Wayne's son of Wayne Enterprises, a huge company.

Anyway, do you know who Bill Gates is Tequila?

Old 03-13-2013, 06:04 PM   #204
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by milost View Post

"The world is too small for someone like Bruce Wayne to disappear." Let's also remember all the Wayne Enterprises equipment out of the country that Bruce came across before he was arrested. He just wasn't a "rich guy" as you put it, he's Thomas Wayne's son of Wayne Enterprises, a huge company.

You're going to take the off-hand remark of a man who wanted nothing else than to have the "Prince of Gotham" helping the LoS in destroying the city? They would do ANYTHING to search for him even if he was declared dead years earlier by Mr. Earle. I highly doubt that would be the case of anyone else when Bruce is assumed to be dead at the end of TDKR.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:07 PM   #205
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Quote:

Anyway, do you know who Bill Gates is Tequila?
Ra's a friggin ninjaaaaaa !

And i dont think its anywhere in Nolan's movie stated that he's famous as Bill Gates .

I think he's as well known as todays prince's of Madrid , Paris , Rome , Beijing , Tokyo , NY , Florida , Chicago , Dubai (this i actually know! ) etc , etc...do you know them ? I certanly dont. But there's probably people who would . Ra's maybe

Old 03-13-2013, 06:10 PM   #206
Anno_Domini
Banned User

Prince of Florida? Who's that? Someone's grandpa? Lol.

Old 03-13-2013, 06:12 PM   #207
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Prince of Florida? Who's that? Someone's grandpa? Lol.
Dont harass me for my poor knowledge of US geography I know Lebron plays in Miami , Florida...

Texas then. The other day i heard Dallas Cowboys were the most supported team in US ..is that true ? I thought Yankees , or Lakers. I had never heard of dallas cowboys until i read that...

Last edited by Tequilla; 03-13-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Old 03-13-2013, 06:26 PM   #208
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

JFK Jr. is a much better analogy for Bruce Wayne than Bill Gates. But probably a bit less famous than JFK Jr., seeing as he's not the son of a US President.

And the best part is, even Bruce Wayne got found out...doesn't really affect much. He'd just look like a coward who, after being publicly humiliated, faked his death and fled Gotham sometime during Bane's occupancy. It wouldn't be the first time in this continuity that Bruce "came back from the dead".

My take on why there is no "DC Films" Division at WB:
http://forums.superherohype.com/show...&postcount=158
Old 03-13-2013, 07:22 PM   #209
georgec
Not a hero

As if it hadn't already, this thread has gone off the deep end.

A hero can be anyone. Even a man doing something as simple and reassuring as putting a coat
around a young boy's shoulders to let him know the world hadn't ended.
Old 03-13-2013, 08:40 PM   #210
Snow Queen
Side-Kick

Quote:
But he was leaving Gotham in Begins though, so that's a stretch.

I don't see what the big deal is whether he was going or leaving (ignoring the occupation which will be addressed below) is. He travels the world in Begins without using his money, why can't he do it now reversed?

And Gotham wasn't occupied by terrorists and closed off from the rest of the world in Begins. AND Bruce Wayne still had his faithful butler and all of his assets. AND he wasn't imprisoned in the middle of no where in a desert.

Yes, and you have operatives who show you how to sneak into the city. What other purpose do they have? Bruce sneaks in using the supply trucks. And, didn't they show a town in the distance when either he or Talia (in flashback) escaped the Pit? And why does he need his assets? He didn't need them to get around the world in the first place, he just decided to use them on the way back.

Pretty big difference. How did he get back to Gotham in Batman Begins? Why, he simply called up his butler and flew back to Gotham in HIS PRIVATE JET (which meets him just under the mountains, close to where he was left off last time).

Again, he still traveled to get there in the first place. He used the jet to go back, yes. But he didn't need it to travel to Asia to begin with.

In TDKR it's established that no one comes in or out (unless you're supplies), and if you somehow do manage to get in (special ops), they're on your tail almost immediately. There's also the fact that several key entrances back into the city are closed off, blown to bits and there's not only an entire city inside who is supposed to be vigilant to people that come in or out (out of fear of the "ordinary citizen") but also the government OUTSIDE that is keeping tabs on what goes in as to not upset the situation.

Not sure what point you're trying to make here, you point out yourself how people sneak inside the city. So why do you have a problem with Bruce getting in when the Special ops can?

That was what they established and the rules they set. So it's a little jarring when we see Bruce escape, with no money or things to his name, with nothing more than a piece of wrap around cloth (with a little food I guess), in the middle of nowhere in an unnamed location WITH only days to go before the bomb goes off. Then to top it off, when we see him again, he's just strolling up to Selina (like he was in there all along) and coincidentally the bomb will go off with hours to go. I mean, they would have been the perfect opportunity to depict a "disguised Bruce", but nah, just let him stroll right down the walk way towards Selina.

There was some water in there too, I'd assume. He survived in Begins without using his resources until the way back, I don't see why he can't do it now.

Not saying everything needs to be explained (certainly when Nolan will hit you in the head over and over again with the same ideas and themes), but the things that he chooses not to go into detail, when he has before, is just baffling and against what he did in the previous films. Sure, there's the Joker, but atleast we get some sense that he's capable of doing these things as the film and character evolves. They start out small with a bank robbery, seems simple enough. Then they build up to the hospital then the ferries. It's all built upon and with Joker's character being two steps ahead of everyone and in control of the city, it's not hard to imagine.

And we see that Batman is capable of traveling the world without using his resources, walk on ice and is trained as a ninja (basically). You ignore the abilities set up in Begins and are limiting it to what we see in TDKR. This is a trilogy that builds upon each previous film, like how the Joker builds his way up in TDK.
Replies in bold.

Old 03-18-2013, 12:58 PM   #211
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

About the whole "how'd he get back into an occupied city?" thing. Besides the whole supply truck thing, and I think it's also been pointed out a lot that Bruce had training with maneuvering on thin ice. Check out this concept art from the movie:

Old 03-18-2013, 12:59 PM   #212
Brain Damage
Everything Under the Sun

It'd be nice if we saw that. Although it would have opened up a whole other can of worms, considering Bruce would most definitely be spotted

Free Original Music
Old 03-18-2013, 01:21 PM   #213
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

I don't think he'd necessarily be spotted if he did it at night. And if you think about it, the army was only guarding that one remaining bridge. There were a lot of potential entry points with sufficient distance from it. It's not like we're ever meant to assume there are LOS snipers everywhere. They're the ones who gave the army the unenviable task of guarding the island. Bane's whole "interference from the outside world" thing is just a way to keep the armed forces of the US and its allies in check. I don't think they were too concerned with a few random civilians sneaking on the island.

Old 03-18-2013, 01:29 PM   #214
ChrisB
Batman News

He jumped on Superman's back and flew back into Gotham!

Old 03-18-2013, 01:38 PM   #215
Anno_Domini
Banned User

I'm gonna just drop these in here....

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatLobsterRises View Post
About the whole "how'd he get back into an occupied city?" thing. Besides the whole supply truck thing, and I think it's also been pointed out a lot that Bruce had training with maneuvering on thin ice. Check out this concept art from the movie:

Very cool.

I never cared about seeing how Bruce got to Gotham as it would've taken away Bruce's return when he met up with Selina, but glad they had an idea on how Bruce returned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brain Damage View Post
It'd be nice if we saw that. Although it would have opened up a whole other can of worms, considering Bruce would most definitely be spotted
Indeed a whole other can of worms would have been opened...you can't rest the arguments of those who just want to lash out on TDKR for not being TDK 2.0!!!!

Old 03-18-2013, 01:49 PM   #216
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:

I've seen that before, but never knew it was official concept at.

That's very reminiscent of this scene:

Old 03-18-2013, 02:03 PM   #217
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

^ Yup, I'm sure that had to be the inspiration behind the concept art.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:08 PM   #218
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
^ Yup, I'm sure that had to be the inspiration behind the concept art.
It would have been awesome to see just a quick 5 second shot of that scene playing out with "Vespertilio" booming in the background.

Stupid IMAX limitations.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:17 PM   #219
Anno_Domini
Banned User

^ Would it?

People would then ask how Bruce even got back to the country, lol.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:21 PM   #220
JackWhite
Third Man

Quote:
^ Would it?

People would then ask how Bruce even got back to the country, lol.
lol, screw them.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:33 PM   #221
Tequilla
Side-Kick

Yeah , that concept art looks great. It would have been a hell of a shot.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:35 PM   #222
ThePhantasm
Feedin' the Wampa

A number of plot points in TDKR bother me. Bruce getting back into Gotham, however, is not one of them.

Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | H.E.
Old 03-18-2013, 02:36 PM   #223
BatLobsterRises
Lobsterized

The guy who plays Batman for College Humor is absolutely ridiculous. He really goes "full retard" with it, hahaha. Cracks me up.

On a random note...am I the only one who's still kinda bummed we didn't get comic adaptations of TDK and TDKR? I know movie comic adaptations don't really have a ton of "re-read" value, but as a completionist it bugs me that I can't put them on my shelf.

Another thing is I wish DC Animated would make a couple of more "Gotham Knight" style movies that are loosely connected to the Nolanverse. It doesn't have to be "Nolan canon" but it could serve a similar function as the Star Wars EU. I'm also still wondering about Dan Didio's ambiguous comment about Blake's "first mission".

Yeah, still not completely ready to part ways with it, lol.

Old 03-18-2013, 02:38 PM   #224
ThePhantasm
Feedin' the Wampa

College Humor was funny, once. Now their humor is no longer clever, its just puerile and disgusting. The first one or two Batman vids were funny, the rest I couldn't even finish watching.

Countdown to Mysterious Heroism | H.E.
Old 03-18-2013, 04:46 PM   #225
milost
Banned User

Quote:

On a random note...am I the only one who's still kinda bummed we didn't get comic adaptations of TDK and TDKR? I know movie comic adaptations don't really have a ton of "re-read" value, but as a completionist it bugs me that I can't put them on my shelf.

No, you're not alone man.

I have all the comic adaptations from Batman '89 to Batman Begins and was gutted when they didn't make one for The Dark Knight. I got that little prologue comic from the Begins blu ray but that hardly counts.

Closed Thread