The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Old 03-12-2013, 02:34 PM   #126
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Default Re: First Class ACTORS Thread [new proyects, interviews, quotes...]

Lots of comments like these over the last day or so...

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
I've learned at this point that it doesn't matter what comes out of Singer or the actors mouths. Certain people choose to believe made up nonsense/concerns for the sake of it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
I would imagine that wolverine fans would have no problem with the concept of the "Badass" character getting more screentime and focus than the more "boy scout" counterpart.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loganbabe View Post
I just don't understand why people who have reasonable doubts about the real importance of the FC cast are treated like idiots by some people here. If you love a film and love the cast dynamics, it's only natural to worry about it when so many new actors are joining the film.
How about we discuss this movie without feeling the need to take potshots at each other in the process? No one's calling anyone an idiot, there's no need to bring up what *other people* might think, or assume words or thoughts of fans you disagree with.

Quit the unnecessary griping and stick with discussing the movie.

Thank you.

Old 03-12-2013, 02:43 PM   #127
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
seems james is hoping for a 3rd movie, who knows
Yeah, sounds like DOFP will be a transition movie for his character. Be interesting how they follow this one up.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:57 PM   #128
Double B
Side-Kick

I still think we'll end up with a FC sequel and an OT sequel after this. One by Vaughn and one by Singer.

Double B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 02:59 PM   #129
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

it would be impressive if you could have the franchise staying strong with 2 different timelines, but i have my doubts, its abit much to go back and forth and still keep casual audiences knowing whats going on

Old 03-12-2013, 03:01 PM   #130
def28
Side-Kick

Unless they are both in the same film again. I never really dug the idea of of flip flopping between FC and Modern X-Men as stand alones.

Old 03-12-2013, 03:09 PM   #131
Double B
Side-Kick

To be honest, I doubt they'll get beyond a FC 3 anyway, so I don't know how much life that part of the franchise has left.

Double B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 03:10 PM   #132
def28
Side-Kick

Yeah, I really cant see them pushing past that. At some point I want it to just be moving forward. Not all over the place in time. Too many prequels.

Old 03-12-2013, 11:07 PM   #133
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
So more evidence on how big the FC roles are. Yet folks will still choose to believe otherwise.
No one is questioning the how big the FC roles are. But when you have 4 people from the cast of FC and you have 7 people from the original trilogy, some people can't help to think that this movie is looking like a X-Men 4 movie rather than a sequel to First Class.

"I wanna be able to touch people, Logan. A hug, a handshake, a kiss." - X3
*smiles* *walks away* - X4
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
psylockolussus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 09:46 PM   #134
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

If time is evenly distributed between the trilogy and First Class, the First Class actors will have a larger role because they'll only have to divide their screen time by four, as opposed to seven.

Old 03-13-2013, 11:05 PM   #135
psyonic
X-Man

I think the FC cast will be brought into the future and have them stay there for the remainder of the film series and when I say future it'll be after the Sentinel timeline is prevented, so some time shortly after X3. The older actors of cast will be gone except for maybe Hugh Jackman. Cyclops, Jean and Storm will be recast with younger actors possibly introduced in DoFP?

The X-Men will be Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Rogue, Iceman, Kitty, Hoult Beast and McAvoy Xavier with the Brotherhood being Fassbender Magneto and Lawrence Mystique for future films.

psyonic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 01:41 AM   #136
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I think we can presume they'll add some more characters however.

Old 03-14-2013, 09:34 AM   #137
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psyonic View Post
I think the FC cast will be brought into the future and have them stay there for the remainder of the film series and when I say future it'll be after the Sentinel timeline is prevented, so some time shortly after X3. The older actors of cast will be gone except for maybe Hugh Jackman. Cyclops, Jean and Storm will be recast with younger actors possibly introduced in DoFP?

The X-Men will be Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Rogue, Iceman, Kitty, Hoult Beast and McAvoy Xavier with the Brotherhood being Fassbender Magneto and Lawrence Mystique for future films.

i'm not sure you could do that, i'm not an expert at time travel but seems like something that couldn't work

thats alot of twisting time to the point where nothing joins up very well

Old 03-16-2013, 03:50 AM   #138
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
daniel cudmore ‏@danielcudmore

Thanks for all the love for my return to the Xmen universe! I'm so pumped for this movie! #daysoffuturepast
Daniel tweeting about his comeback!

Old 03-18-2013, 05:15 PM   #139
Alison Blaire
Side-Kick

This is so amazing,new Famke Janssen's Hemlock Grove video:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/03/18...lusive-trailer

Alison Blaire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 08:11 PM   #140
Specter313
Ghost of all things X

Magneto marrying Professor X? What once seemed relegated to the realm of fanfic is now coming to pass -- sort of.

Appearing on the U.K.'s popular Jonathan Ross Show, Ian McKellen, who has played the metal-bending mutant Magneto in three X-Men movies, revealed: "I'm going to marry Patrick [Stewart]. I am going to officiate at his wedding."

Ross pressed McKellen, 73, on how he is legally equipped to marry Stewart, who plays the wheelchair-bound Professor Charles Xavier in the Marvel movies, and his fiancee, jazz singer Sunny Ozell.

“I don’t know,” McKellen said. “But in Massachusetts, in the middle of America somewhere, you get a friend along, and I read out the words, and Sunny and Patrick will then be married. … I’ve done it once before with two guys having a civil partnership. I was crying my eyes out.”

Massachusetts' Secretary of Commonwealth offers a service that allows a family friend or relative to perform a couple's wedding ceremony for a one-time fee of $25.

Asked what he might wear to the happy event, McKellen replied that the last time he officiated, he wore "a white gown which I bought in India. You mustn’t upstage the bride.”

Stewart, 72, has been romantically linked to Ozell, 35, since 2009.

Both he and McKellen will reprise their X-Men roles in flashback scenes in the upcoming prequel, X-Men: Days of Future Past.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/hea...iate-at-429459

Old 03-18-2013, 08:27 PM   #141
DarknessOfDeath
We're badasses...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alison Blaire View Post
This is so amazing,new Famke Janssen's Hemlock Grove video:

http://www.ign.com/videos/2013/03/18...lusive-trailer
Wow...Famke looking so sexy as hell...omg... like hello...Mmmm oh gods...

DarknessOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:22 PM   #142
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

New Entertainment Weekly Interview with Bryan Singer, regarding Jennifer Lawrence:

Quote:
X-Men: First Class director Matthew Vaughn cast her to play a younger version of Mystique, the blue-skinned mutant played by Rebecca Romijn in the original films, for his 2011 preboot. Her supporting character took a backseat to mutant frenemies played by James McAvoy and Michael Fassbender, but the actress made an immediate impression on First Class producer Bryan Singer, who’s directing the sequel, Days of Future Past.

“There was a sequence they were doing with James and Mike, and I noticed that she had no trouble speaking her mind, in a fun way,” laughs Singer. “She and Matthew sort of had a back and forth about what was working and what wasn’t, and it just sort of struck me that of all the actors standing on the platform, she was among the youngest and yet she was able to be the most vocal.”

Last April, Fox pushed back its start date for Days of Future Past, sidestepping a scheduling conflict with Catching Fire, which filmed last fall and just wrapped reshoots. Days of Future Past finally gets underway April 14 in Montreal, and Lawrence’s character is expected to play a larger role in the sequel, though Singer says that was always the plan and nothing has been changed plotwise to showcase her presence.

“You have to be careful not to suddenly lean the movie all towards her just for her rise in popularity,” Singer says. “It has to work for the character. She’d be the first person to argue that. It’s an ensemble movie. It’s definitely not suddenly her movie, but she factors in it significantly. She’s going to be more bad-ass in this movie, which will be nice. A lot more bad-ass than Hunger Games. Which will be fun to see, because she’s very feisty, as you may have noticed in Silver Linings.”

“In an industry where people are so worried about everything and put such importance on the process it takes to get ready for the Academy Awards — like what was your process to put on a dress and take a shower? — she understands the lack of importance of that,” says Singer, who got to know Lawrence better in England during the filming of Jack the Giant Slayer, which stars Lawrence’s now ex-boyfriend Nicholas Hoult. “She doesn’t care what people think about her, what she looks like, her weight, her attitude, her anything. She just doesn’t.”
Singer knows how to get attention.

Quote:
"She’s going to be more bad-ass in this movie, which will be nice. A lot more bad-ass than Hunger Games."
There's your pull-quote!

EnDz0n3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:27 PM   #143
JP
Smelly

Exciting to hear! Bring on bad ass Jenn.

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:49 PM   #144
Storm22
Side-Kick

After seeing what Singer did with Mystique in X2 I'm looking forward to seeing a more bad ass side to Jennifer Lawrence's Mystique.

Old 03-23-2013, 06:10 PM   #145
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm22 View Post
After seeing what Singer did with Mystique in X2 I'm looking forward to seeing a more bad ass side to Jennifer Lawrence's Mystique.
As long as there is a reason why she became more 'bad-ass.' She was much more vulnerable and timid in First Class and we should know why she has toughened up.

Old 03-23-2013, 06:10 PM   #146
Angamb
Banned User

yeah, Im intrigued too, and confident Singer will do something really really cool with Jennifer. Some haters will be surprised, Im sure

Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #147
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

What do you want to bet we are going to see tranaformation to more badass Mystique
that we saw In X2.

Who knows maybe It will be Mystique who Is assigned to kill the human Peter Dinklage Is playing.

Regardless Jennifer won't be playing a timid Mystique anymore.

marvelrobbins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:28 PM   #148
Angamb
Banned User

thats exactly what I wanted on this movie. To see Magneto asking Raven to kill the politician. as her very first dark mission, showing her conflict or what happens to her to decide to do it.

THATS the interesting stuff regarding young Mystique, how she evolves to the Mystique everyone knows.

I hope Singer delivers

Old 03-23-2013, 06:42 PM   #149
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Well I hope DOFP will really show how Mystique's attitude went from a sweet girl to a cold hearted person. I feel like its the important thing that they should give to Mystique in this movie. Even if Jennifer Lawrence/Mystique aren't going to appear in future movies, but if they explained why Mystique became a cold person, at least they have completed her story arc.

Old 03-23-2013, 06:52 PM   #150
Angamb
Banned User

after FC, Ive thought about cool and dark stuff regarding young Mystique

like showing Raven on the streets, at night, and a group of humans antimutants attacking her heavily, for being a mutant. That would be something really intense for the character, and to me, that would be more than enough to make us believe why Mystique started hating humans and becoming slowly the cold character she is.

I imagined too Azazel finding her, as a beautiful moment for the two, and as a way to start the Nightcrawler connection.

But sadly all of this is out of Singer plans right now. Such a shame