Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-18-2013, 11:56 PM   #10
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: Fox's Shared Universe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aztec View Post
Ummm...because Millar stated many times that "The Wolverine" was "our Iron Man, our kicking off point" and now we know that he had nothing to do with that film, and it's set off in be distant future as a stand alone. On top of that Millar was promoting his role in DOFP as an important step in building a cohesive universe and now we know from Singer that Millar has never spoken to him; and that Singer wants nothing to do with him. That's a pretty significant reason to doubt the viability of Millar's role as Fox's MCU "godfather". Especially since neither Mangold, Singer, nor Trank seem willing or able to perform the role.

I just don't see why anyone would be so optimistic about this working at this point? Seems like a clusterf**** to me!
Really? That's odd. Because there's this, just posted today at That Other Website That Can't Be Named:

Quote:

Mark Millar Teases Big Announcement From Fox; Confirms He Has Now Spoken To Bryan Singer

Fox Creative Consultant Mark Millar confirms that he has now spoken to X-Men: Days of Future Past director Bryan Singer and hints at a big announcement from the studio sometime over the course of the next few months. Hit the jump for more!

After inaccurate reports made it appear as if Mark Millar wasn't involved with X-Men: Days of Future Past (despite being appointed Fox's Creative Consultant on their upcoming Marvel movies), the comic book writer has now taken to his Millarworld Forums to set the record straight once and for all. In the following post, Millar confirms that he has finally spoken to director Bryan Singer about the movie and reveals that he will be taking on a far larger role in the Fox's upcoming comic book movie slate over the next few months. As for what the mysterious announcement is that he mentions, be sure to sound off with your thoughts and theories in the usual place!

What an immensely nice dude that guy is!
As a producer on Kick-Ass 2, I've not been in LA since Sept when Fox flew me out to sit with the insanely-clever writer Simon Kinberg and the Fox execs to chat X-men back when Matthew was still directing. But Kick-Ass 2 is pretty much done now and so my beady-eye can move back towards the Fox stuff again. There's a very exciting announcement you guys will hear about over the coming months (if not before), but the most immediate things the office is talking about are Days of Future Past and The Wolverine, both of which I'm absolutely aching to see. I saw the first 10 mins of Jim's Wolvie when I was out there last September. I'm out again next month and will have the pleasure of seeing a very near final cut too.

Days of Future-Past is potentially the biggest and most ambitious superhero movie ever made. I've seen this coming together in various stages, but now they're only weeks away from shooting it's really catching fire. I'll catch Bry in person before he heads to Montreal next month when I'm seeing Wolvie and we can chat a little more about the Fox grand plan. A very, very exciting time to be into this stuff, especially when you consider that the brilliant Josh Trank has Fantastic Four lined up for 2015. You don't know how lucky you are - when I was a kid Nicholas Hammond was playing Spidey on a visible wire!!

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote