The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 06:49 PM   #451
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

haha Seriously. The movie is going to be huge.

Like, it's just cause of the scope. Ironman 3 with the mandarin, and all his armors, and cap, but this seems to be taking place in multiple realms, with Malekith, a powerhouse like Kurse, super powered beings like Odin, and basically dealing with things that none of the other solo characters have any business being involved with.

Especially if Surtur is in it in some way, or lead to. I've said it before, but I hope that Thor has some pretty damn impressive feats, that he may not necessarily show in an ensamble movie, but in his own solo movie, I really want to see him use some exotic powers and deal with his threats, and really separate himself from the rest of the avengers, in terms of power, and scale.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:21 PM   #452
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Reports online today saying Chris Hemsworth is heading back to the UK for reshoots.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:24 PM   #453
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
I thought they said the trailer was due out the time the Phase 1 case came out which IS april 2nd and not to mention we HAVE heard it should be out then Can't remember WHERE tho
what bothers me is that only 1 source said that the trailer comes out on April 2....
couple that with the phase 1 box set release, I am like 60% sure theres gonna be a trailer..
also IM3 comes out like april twenty something overseas, so it seems like a good time to release trailer at the first week of april

Old 03-19-2013, 08:16 PM   #454
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

So Chris O'Dowd is in Thor: TDW...

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 03-19-2013, 09:04 PM   #455
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I am just going to say that I am pumped fr Ironman, and the ironman 3 board has kept me busy, along with gotg. But as soon as we get a trailer for this movie, and some more info/media, I am completely jumping ships, and will probably forget about every other movie in phase 2 until they are rreleased because this is my most anticipated movie of ALL of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by R_Hythlodeus View Post
this. not much happening in this phase of production that keeps the hype going and IM3 (a few weeks before its release) and GOTG (casting phase of preproduction) go through more interesting times right now, but this will change soon...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crimson King View Post
QFT

Can't freaking wait
Same here fellas

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 03-19-2013, 09:30 PM   #456
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by itchyscratch View Post
Reports online today saying Chris Hemsworth is heading back to the UK for reshoots.
Do you have links?

Old 03-19-2013, 09:42 PM   #457
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
Do you have links?
Here's one:

http://movies.cosmicbooknews.com/con...eading-airport

Old 03-19-2013, 09:47 PM   #458
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by JB-the-Hunter View Post
So Chris O'Dowd is in Thor: TDW...

ďI think Iíll do more dramatic stuff and I think I have some stuff coming out thatís a bit more dramatic. I donít know if Iíd do an action movie because I donít know if I could keep a straight face honestly, I just think itís so silly. Like I love watching them but I canít imagine me doing one. Actually, you know what Iíve done, just for fun because I didnít think there was any way that I could be in a superhero movie, so Iíve done a scene in the new ďThorĒ movie, just for that. I just do like one scene, which was fun.Ē

Which directly relates to what he tweeted during a TDW shoot back on Nov. 26:

Quote:
So today I'm filming a date scene with Natalie Portman.

So, *pretty* good odds that O'Dowd cameos as Dr. Donald Blake, Jane's hapless ex (and Thor's occasional alter ego).

But there's still some *longer* odds that he could be playing a different Doctor. There's that old rumor that keeps cropping back up about this movie, revolving around a certain Dr. Stephen Strange.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 03-19-2013, 10:02 PM   #459
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

anyone catch the Ant Man footage?

Old 03-19-2013, 10:11 PM   #460
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

I did. It looked better than I thought it would.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:13 PM   #461
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
anyone catch the Ant Man footage?
Quote:
wait...what?

Old 03-19-2013, 10:18 PM   #462
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
better than i expected, although the vid needs more polish...

Old 03-19-2013, 10:53 PM   #463
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
ďI think Iíll do more dramatic stuff and I think I have some stuff coming out thatís a bit more dramatic. I donít know if Iíd do an action movie because I donít know if I could keep a straight face honestly, I just think itís so silly. Like I love watching them but I canít imagine me doing one. Actually, you know what Iíve done, just for fun because I didnít think there was any way that I could be in a superhero movie, so Iíve done a scene in the new ďThorĒ movie, just for that. I just do like one scene, which was fun.Ē

Which directly relates to what he tweeted during a TDW shoot back on Nov. 26:

So, *pretty* good odds that O'Dowd cameos as Dr. Donald Blake, Jane's hapless ex (and Thor's occasional alter ego).

But there's still some *longer* odds that he could be playing a different Doctor. There's that old rumor that keeps cropping back up about this movie, revolving around a certain Dr. Stephen Strange.

I'd be okay with him as strange. Can he do an american accent though? Or whatever accent Strange has.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 03-19-2013, 11:12 PM   #464
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Wait...where was this Ant-Man footage shown?

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 03-19-2013, 11:23 PM   #465
RockSP
MYTH SMITH ∞!!!

It's on youtube

http://myth-smith.com/
Old 03-19-2013, 11:27 PM   #466
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
Wait...where was this Ant-Man footage shown?
check cbm its there....

Old 03-19-2013, 11:30 PM   #467
Gamma Goliath
Engine of Destruction

Nvrm. Just saw it. Color me impressed.

Last edited by Gamma Goliath; 03-19-2013 at 11:50 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:00 AM   #468
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Do you have links?
http://perezhilton.com/2013-03-18-ch...atalie-portman

Old 03-20-2013, 12:09 AM   #469
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyGeek View Post
Thanks! Seems like they're just speculating, but I've seen recent photos of Chris back home in Oz as well as in London, so who knows.

The post just before photos of Chris at justjared.com has the now-infamous Bradley Cooper in perm rods pix. At least there are no photos of Chris getting his hair dyed floating around.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:31 AM   #470
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
check cbm its there....
Thanks I just saw it, man that **** was epic I sure would love for him to be in Avengers 2.

Spider-Man - Hear what?
Old 03-20-2013, 02:24 AM   #471
Christopher_M
League of Shadows

people seem to be on the money about Chris O'Dowd for Blake, its the most believable role since Don is apparently 6"3 according to his license.. but what about those creditable sources claiming that Strange was showing up in Thor 2? this is the first time a high profile actor has been mentioned for the film since that news came out... he is pretty high profile just to land a cameo as low-level supporting character..hmmm.. also odd that on Blake's ID that his birthday is November and the license also was issued/expires in the same month, the release date being in November

Old 03-20-2013, 06:04 AM   #472
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

it was ISSUED in 2004 and expires in 2014...ten years later

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Old 03-20-2013, 06:43 AM   #473
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christopher_M View Post
people seem to be on the money about Chris O'Dowd for Blake, its the most believable role since Don is apparently 6"3 according to his license.. but what about those creditable sources claiming that Strange was showing up in Thor 2? this is the first time a high profile actor has been mentioned for the film since that news came out... he is pretty high profile just to land a cameo as low-level supporting character..hmmm.. also odd that on Blake's ID that his birthday is November and the license also was issued/expires in the same month, the release date being in November

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

As far as I know there are no credible sources claiming that Doctor Strange is appearing in TDW. It's doubtful that Marvel would include Strange in such an off-hand manner. Kevin Feige has stated several times that they want the solo films to focus primarily on the individual characters instead of using them to set up future films. Having Strange appear in TDW out of the blue, in one scene, going on a date with Jane Foster, would definitely run counter to that.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:15 AM   #474
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
As far as I know there are no credible sources claiming that Doctor Strange is appearing in TDW. It's doubtful that Marvel would include Strange in such an off-hand manner. Kevin Feige has stated several times that they want the solo films to focus primarily on the individual characters instead of using them to set up future films. Having Strange appear in TDW out of the blue, in one scene, going on a date with Jane Foster, would definitely run counter to that.
Plus, O'Dowd's own words in that article seem to shoot down this cameo as being anything more than a brief one-time lark. So yeah, 99.99% that he's Blake.

(....and O'Dowd would suck as Dr. Strange for reals. )

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 03-20-2013, 07:27 AM   #475
Manowar
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
The "Loki" in "Vikings" is a normal human (this is a realistic series, not a fantasy one; they've done considerable research in trying to create an authentic, albeit fictional, portrayal of life in Viking times). He was given his name from the God of Mischief, of course, because this "Loki" is an outsider/outcast who seems to have some form of autism or Asperger's. He's a shipbuilder who helps the main character, Ragnar Lothbrok, build a "high tech" (for the era, that is) longship to allow the Vikings to extend their raids into unknown, unexplored territories like Britain.

A really interesting and entertaining show. It's especially interesting for those of us who are Thor-philes, while we're waiting on our next news fix.
I've been enjoying the Vikings show. Theres some great potential future Thor sequel cast in that show. How about Ragnar for Balder!

Closed Thread