The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Ant-Man > Ant-Man

Old 03-09-2013, 11:31 AM   #376
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Default Re: Ant-Man Casting Thread

Nah it's alright. It's not like you suggested him for Thanos or anything. I like Jim when he's not in full on Ace Ventura mode. He doesn't really fit my image of Hank but I wouldn't sneer if they went with him.

With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."
~ The Road of Kings

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2013, 04:20 PM   #377
MarvelKnight
Side-Kick

To be honest, I think Aaron Eckhart would be a good pym imo

Old 03-12-2013, 09:36 PM   #378
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelKnight View Post
To be honest, I think Aaron Eckhart would be a good pym imo
sure. but i can't see him playing one beyond a solo Ant-Man movie; no follow-ups.

Ant-manic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:24 AM   #379
Dr. Pym
New User - Level 0

I think Nathan Fillion or Carl Urban would make a great Pym (not Lang).

Dr. Pym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 11:57 AM   #380
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

It depends on how Wright is going to portray Pym. More of an awkward weirdo or a straightfoward scientist who tries to do the right thing.

terry78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:13 PM   #381
InternetPeople
Petty... and tiny

I like the idea of Paul Rudd if Pym will be portrayed with a quick wit to match up with Stark in future Avengers movies. If Pym is just a dorky scientist he will get crushed by Stark's personality unless the writers move away from that character interaction, which I believe would be a mistake. Creating conflict within the group helped make Avengers a quality film and will continue to add to the story for future films. Paul Rudd has the wit and delivery to make Stark and Pym throwing barbs at each other worth watching.

InternetPeople is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 01:39 PM   #382
VictorShade
Side-Kick

Pym should be portrayed as somewhat distant, and distracted. Alot going on upstairs when you're the smartest man in the MCU. Remember, Reed Richards, Pym's only real competition in the intellect arena, is at Fox.
I guess Tony will be the MCU equivilent. Hank could be quirky, but still a very serious person. An academic as well.

VictorShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:22 PM   #383
lozzy.94
Im no Side-Kick

Like always Marvel will go for a semi-unknown for Ant-man that nobody would of thought of but people will then say his perfect for the role.

lozzy.94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:28 PM   #384
Ant-manic
Banned User

mabe Josh Stewart for Lang; if it's more of a supporting character role. i liked him as a divorced-father-would-be-burglar-turned-"hero" in the Collector.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1783929088/nm1577637

Old 03-19-2013, 12:45 AM   #385
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetPeople View Post
I like the idea of Paul Rudd if Pym will be portrayed with a quick wit to match up with Stark in future Avengers movies. If Pym is just a dorky scientist he will get crushed by Stark's personality unless the writers move away from that character interaction, which I believe would be a mistake. Creating conflict within the group helped make Avengers a quality film and will continue to add to the story for future films. Paul Rudd has the wit and delivery to make Stark and Pym throwing barbs at each other worth watching.
I agree. I think if Pym is portrayed as kind of a left-wing scientist and environmentalist who despises all things corporate, who's in it for "pure" science instead of making a buck off it, there's enormous dramatic potential for him and Stark to lock horns at every single turn.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:40 AM   #386
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I agree. I think if Pym is portrayed as kind of a left-wing scientist and environmentalist who despises all things corporate, who's in it for "pure" science instead of making a buck off it, there's enormous dramatic potential for him and Stark to lock horns at every single turn.
I would love that!
If, in the near future, there was a Secret Invasion story line, would people want Pym to be one of the Skrulls?

Old 03-19-2013, 08:45 AM   #387
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
So, he'd be a hipster scientist?

spideymouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:29 AM   #388
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
So, he'd be a hipster scientist?
Yup. Crunching granola and everything.

Old 03-19-2013, 02:18 PM   #389
Ant-manic
Banned User

eh. changed my mind. now i think Brian Geraghty (Flight, Hurt Locker) would make quite a good Scott Lang.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm1736292608/nm1310016

Old 03-19-2013, 03:41 PM   #390
chamber-music
Hail Hydra

I like Pym who is a academic scientist but still dishes out an ass whooping much like Professor Henry 'Indiana' Jones.

Old 03-19-2013, 04:39 PM   #391
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Quote:
Yup. Crunching granola and everything.
Hey, what's wrong with granola???

TheHeatKitchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:37 PM   #392
Spider-Cross
Side-Kick

Thumbs up Re: Ant-Man Casting Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derrick9592 View Post
I don't know why, but I've been thinking about Ewan McGregor would be a good choice for Hank Pym. Just something out of the blue.

Yeah! Yeah! Ewan McGregor would work!

Spider-Cross is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:42 PM   #393
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Cross View Post
Yeah! Yeah! Ewan McGregor would work!
I dunno....can he crunch granola?

Old 03-19-2013, 07:37 PM   #394
Spider-Cross
Side-Kick

Post Re: Ant-Man Casting Thread

also Anne Hathaway would do great as Janet Van Dyne/the Wasp thanks to her performance in Dark Knight Rises. Plus she looks like the character when you take a moment to look at both Anne and Janet (from Avengers EMH) and notice that they both have auburn colored hair, pale skin, the lips, the eyes (except the color), the eyebrows, everything. Hathaway is a very good and kind person. She deserves the role of the character Wasp for the Marvel CInematic Universe

Old 03-19-2013, 07:38 PM   #395
Spider-Cross
Side-Kick

Quote:
I dunno....can he crunch granola?
Yeah of course he can he was obi wan solets give him a chance

Old 03-19-2013, 07:42 PM   #396
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

I really wish they would come out and tell us some sort of plot synopsis for this movie, My hype for this movie is so torn between if they do the "to steal an ant-man" storyline or not. And I also do not want it to be set in the past&present like a lot of people assume even though that snippet of info is like 6 years old.

I'm cool with Lang and the to steal an ant-man story involved, but I do not in any way, shape, or form want the movie to be about him. I want it to be about Hank and Janet. I imagine a good movie adaption could be like the A:EMH episode where they touched on "tsaam" where Lang worked where Pym worked, stole the suit and was using it to get money for his kidnapped/sick daughter (can't rememeber which it was lol) Then use that storyline where AIM has her kidnapped, thus connecting the AIM thread we will almost for sure being seeing over Phase 2 and then gives Hank a real enemy to face (AIM) once he settles the disputes with Lang stealing his stuff. Heck, Lang can even help somehow in the final battle, but then I want him to go away back to his life with his family and not a main MCU character.

I also think Phase 2 ends w/ Ant-man, not Avengers 2..

*I know this isn't the best thread to post all this in but it seems to be the most active lol so sorry, carry on..*

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 10:51 PM   #397
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
I really wish they would come out and tell us some sort of plot synopsis for this movie, My hype for this movie is so torn between if they do the "to steal an ant-man" storyline or not. And I also do not want it to be set in the past&present like a lot of people assume even though that snippet of info is like 6 years old.

I'm cool with Lang and the to steal an ant-man story involved, but I do not in any way, shape, or form want the movie to be about him. I want it to be about Hank and Janet. I imagine a good movie adaption could be like the A:EMH episode where they touched on "tsaam" where Lang worked where Pym worked, stole the suit and was using it to get money for his kidnapped/sick daughter (can't rememeber which it was lol) Then use that storyline where AIM has her kidnapped, thus connecting the AIM thread we will almost for sure being seeing over Phase 2 and then gives Hank a real enemy to face (AIM) once he settles the disputes with Lang stealing his stuff. Heck, Lang can even help somehow in the final battle, but then I want him to go away back to his life with his family and not a main MCU character.
i'm fine with that. i'm a Lang as Ant-Man fan. but i don't think he should be the main character of the first film. i do want him to be in the first film. and i don't much expect there to be a sequel. if they want the actor to do a cameo or something, Scott did get his start as one of Tony Stark's employees. he could always turn up in that capacity. or, if there is a sequel, he could always turn up in a support role (like Selvig was in the Thor movie). but, for the record, i'm on board with Hank and Jan being the main characters.

Old 03-19-2013, 10:57 PM   #398
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
i'm fine with that. i'm a Lang as Ant-Man fan. but i don't think he should be the main character of the first film. i do want him to be in the first film. and i don't much expect there to be a sequel. if they want the actor to do a cameo or something, Scott did get his start as one of Tony Stark's employees. he could always turn up in that capacity. or, if there is a sequel, he could always turn up in a support role (like Selvig was in the Thor movie). but, for the record, i'm on board with Hank and Jan being the main characters.
Yeah I don't know much about the Ant-Man lore outside of A:EMH which I've been told was a pretty good representation of him and his stories so I'm curious to see more of him. But the whole past/present storyline has always stuck me as kind of silly, and wouldn't fit into how the MCU is currently based. Which I think they probably already know and have figured out the kinks.

This and GotG are the two movies I'm most curious about since both are pretty far fetched ideas when you step back and look at them, but I believe will work well if set up properly throughout the other big hit movies (IM,Thor,Cap,A2) 2-4 movies before each should be enough to drum up the needed buzz to make these movies a success.

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
Old 03-19-2013, 10:59 PM   #399
Poni_Boy
Giggedy

Neil Patrick Harris

Just saying

Joss Whedon's MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING is the cinematic equivalent of Tony Stark building an Iron Man suit in a cave with a bunch of scraps
Poni_Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:38 PM   #400
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poni_Boy View Post
Neil Patrick Harris

Just saying
my personal favorite choice as well. I just love NPH in everything