The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Old 03-13-2013, 11:34 AM   #476
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Default Re: TNT greenlights 'Dallas'

It's funny that the original Who Shot JR episode was called "A House Divided" and now, in the wake of Who Killed JR, the next episode is "Ewings Unite."

Old 03-14-2013, 08:15 PM   #477
Burgundy LaRue
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Raven View Post
I don't know if Cliff would've gone that far in his younger years. He seemed to have more of a sense of decency back then. He's more of a bitter old man now. I can imagine if he were younger, he might've offered his condolences to Miss Ellie even though he knew that he didn't get on with her son. Certainly if he did, Pam would've put him in his place, just like Pamela Rebecca did now.
The thing with Cliff is that he just doesn't know how to win. He's beaten the Ewings, in that with the TV movies not considered as canon, he still has the original Ewing Oil in some capacity and is much, much richer than all the Ewings combined through smart investments. He should leave well enough alone. But his life has been consumed by all things Ewing, he can't help himself. He has to go after them, even when it makes no sense to do so. At the very least, he should remember that he and Bobby got along pretty well at several points during the original show and not bothered making a scene at the funeral.

It'll be interesting to see if this version of Dallas can do with Larry Hagman's death what the original did with Jim Davis' passing, in that they built a year's worth of stories around it and used it to springboard the show into a ratings powerhouse. Times are different, of course, and TNT isn't CBS. But there's a lot of potential to be tapped if the writers handle it correctly.

Burgundy LaRue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:02 AM   #478
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Jesus, Cliff...

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Sawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 02:39 AM   #479
Frodo
Side-Kick

Good episode. Its as if Barnes has returned to Dallas to fulfill Ras Al Ghul's destiny.

Frodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 12:28 PM   #480
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

He really has gotten nuts in his old age. For God sake, man, that's your daughter...

Oh, what's that, America? You love Chris Pratt? Well, I guess we'll have to wait and see the overnight ratings for this upcoming season of Parks and Recreation for me to determine how full of **** you are about that.

Old 03-19-2013, 09:22 PM   #481
Prison Mike
Don't drop the soap!

This Cliff is definitely different from the old series. He's a desperate man.

Old 03-19-2013, 11:01 PM   #482
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Yeah, but desperate about what? He already has all that he could ever need. Now he's willing to jeopardise his own daughter and grandchildren just for some vendetta he should've let go of decades ago.

Drew is an idiot though. Sure, his sister was threatened, but he should've come to her and others. Now he's put her life in danger as well as the rest of the Ewings. I can't see Elena wanting to work with him if he is found out, which he almost certainly will be. And Harris did that just because Drew went on a date with Emma?

I wonder if Judith Light is dead after falling down the stairs. It almost seems like she's the dominant mother from Psycho and Ryland is Norman Bates.

I thought Valene would feature more in the episode than she did, and actually have scenes with Gary. Is their storyline going to be resolved at all in Dallas or is that the end for them? I think Ted Shackleford was only contracted for 3 episodes for the moment, of which this was the last.

I hope they don't go into Sue Ellen's drinking too much. We've had that storyline done to death in the old series. It's like Tony Stark when they can't think what to do with him Marvel resorts to the old chestnut alcohol plot.

Last edited by Dark Raven; 03-19-2013 at 11:11 PM.
Dark Raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 11:38 PM   #483
Obsidian Idea
The light is blinding

Cool Re: TNT greenlights 'Dallas'

-It was good to see Valene...she looked better than I've seen in the past...good to see her and Gary interact...wanted more of it though.

-So Emma's going to be a fast little gal...uh-huh...that's what happens when you keep 'dem prep girls all pent up

-I think we're going to see Chris start to take a walk on the dark side...which would add depth to his character

-We all know...when all is said and done...Rebecca is going to turn on daddy after she loses those babies....

-I hope it's not the end for Mama Ryland...I do so enjoy Judith Light's acting...she's too evil to throw away

-I'm enjoying this season so far...

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:" John 10:27 (New King James Version)
Obsidian Idea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 07:35 AM   #484
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

So apparently Afton is back next episode. Is she the silent partner in Barnes Global that the Ewings thought might be Pam? Or is she just there to either comfort Pamela Rebecca (if she's lost the babies in the explosion) or to set Cliff straight for his latest schemes?

Old 03-20-2013, 07:48 AM   #485
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Interview with Charlene Tilton on her return to Dallas. Interesting that she compares Emma to Lucy, with both of them being a "wild child":

http://www.ultimatedallas.com/dallas...to-dallas-tnt/

Quote:

As Charlene Tilton makes another return to Dallas TNT as Lucy Ewing, she talks of Larry Hagman’s death, her return to Dallas TNT and her love for the fans.

Hi Charlene. How are you doing? It’s been a while

Charlene Tilton – It has. I’m doing very well thank you

We got some questions in from the fans…………….

We have just seen the memorial episode and thought it was absolutely amazing. What was it like shooting that episode? It was obviously quite soon after Larry had passed.

Charlene – Well on a personal level, because from the time I was seventeen years old Larry became like a surrogate father to me and taught me about the business and taught me about acting and taught me about behaving on the set. He was an amazing man. Also his main advice to me always was “Have fun – you are going to work really hard but have a good time doing it”. He was a surrogate father to me, I never knew my own father, I never had a father figure in my life and so Larry came along at seventeen years of age when I started the show.

So on a very personal level I will never forget I got the call right after he passed away and they said “Where are you?” and I said “I’m driving” and they said “Pull over” and I said “What’s going on?” and they said “Pull over”. I pulled the car over to the side and the person that called me, I’m not going to say who – obviously in Larry’s inner circle, said “We lost Larry” and I just screamed, I was so devastated. I got myself together, I was only three blocks away from home and I went back home and called my daughter, she was in a recording studio and came right over.

On a personal level it was devastating and honestly quite a bit of a shock because I had spoken to Larry less than a week before on the phone, we had a long conversation and he sounded great. He was very supportive of Cherish’s, my daughters, music and he always loved listening to her music. I went to his memorial in Los Angeles and it was very nice, we laughed, we cried, it was perfectly fitting for Larry.

Charlene – On the show I was very grateful that Cynthia, the creator, did bring Lucy back for JR’s funeral. I go up and say one quick line but at least Lucy is there to pay respects to JR and I was grateful to have that opportunity. You could see Lucy’s growth where she understood JR a little bit better. That was nice.

You were also in the scene at the Petroleum Club with the other former cast members where you remembered a scene with JR talking about Mitch and plastic surgery.

Charlene - Of course Lucy had to go to the memorial and the funeral. As I said I was grateful that they did give my character a chance to at least let Lucy pay her respects to JR. So that was good.

What was it like meeting up with some of the other cast members like Cathy Podewell [Cally]? I’m sure you have not seen her in years.
Charlene – That was great, it was wonderful. It was great to be asked back because I think the fans are under the impression that Lucy is back but Lucy is really not back. There is really no character development for Lucy. I really don’t know if Lucy lives in Dallas, I really don’t know if Lucy is married or if Lucy has children, if Lucy’s successful, if she’s a drunken loser – I have no idea. I am literally just back to say goodbye to JR.

So there has been not talk of character development at all for Lucy?
Charlene – No no. Lucy really isn’t back. I was just there for a brief moment, which I was grateful for. In the next episode Valene comes and I was sorry I really didn’t get to have any moments with Valene or Gary. I just come in with Valene and Bobby says “I didn’t know Valene was here” and I say “I didn’t either” and that was kind of it. I’m basically there for a second; if you blink you miss me. It’s one of those types of things.

How was it seeing Ted and Joan again?

Charlene – Personally it was wonderful. Like I said I just wish on the show we got to do more. Personally it was great. I do see Joan from time to time and I get to talk to her from time to time. I adore her. I adore Ted. It was great to see them personally but on screen there really wasn’t any real scenes between us or anything like that.

The fans obviously love Lucy, you’ve obviously heard about the support Lucy has out there, they want her back. At this point how would you see Lucy fitting in if she did end up back?

Charlene – I have to say Cynthia has done a great job bringing Dallas back with these characters. I think any ideas she would have for Lucy would be great. As of this point I don’t believe there are any plans to bring Lucy back unfortunately, which on a personal note I wish they would. I think that Lucy is a great age and perfect to be a bridge between the original cast and the younger cast. I think there is still enough life in Lucy to continue to be a little bit of a wild child – Lucy might be fifty but she’s still Lucy (laughs).

I love the fact, I really do, I can’t even tell you how much it means to me to hear from the fans every day that they wish Lucy was back on the show more. It touches my heart but I honestly don’t know what to say. Unfortunately Lucy’s not back, I got to make a brief appearance and pay my respects to JR and I’m thrilled and grateful for that.

You were asked back before Larry passed away so do you know if Lucy’s story was changed following that?

Charlene – I don’t know because I wasn’t privy to any storylines that were written before or what changed. I know Cynthia had to quickly turn out a script for the memorial and my word she is a prolific, prolific writer. She turned out a beautiful script, I have to say, to pay tribute to JR.

A lot of people will be in tears after seeing that

Charlene – You know it really was a lovely script. The script was amazing, Cynthia did an incredible job. I think she is probably in the top three writers for television, I really do. She is amazing as a writer. I’m thrilled that at least I did get to take part, however brief, in the memorial and the funeral.

I think it’s great after all these years that Dallas has meant so much to the cast that so many are willing to come back.

Charlene – Absolutely. It’s just the fans always say “We’re so glad you’re back, we’re so glad you’re back” but in reality Lucy isn’t back. There is no character story there for her. I know nothing about Lucy right now. At one point Lucy had shares of Ewing Oil

It does seem a crowded landscape on the show with a lot of the new characters coming in. Maybe there is not enough time to give the attention that is needed to give a storyline to Lucy. Maybe down the road hopefully.

Charlene – Look, it is the new Dallas, I’m not under any delusion. It is the new Dallas and I’ve been fortunate to pop my head into a few of the episodes just to a quick hello (laughs). So that’s nice. I enjoy doing that.

I don’t know how caught up you are with this season but there have been comparisons with Ann’s daughter Emma being kind of like a young Lucy.

Charlene – (laughs) Kind of? Honey I read the script, I didn’t even know what she looked like but I said “It’s Lucy”. I knew in my mind, I hadn’t even met the actress who plays her and I knew exactly what she was going to look like. When we were filming JR’s funeral Marlene who plays Carmen was sitting and the girl who plays Emma in between us and Marlene leaned over and said to me “She’s you”, I said “I know” (laughs). She goes “She’s Lucy”, I said “I know, I read the script and knew exactly she was going to be blonde”. Of course there’s comparisons, I knew it right away, I read the script I went “Oh hello” (laughs).

I think the new cast are wonderful, they’re fantastic, wonderful wonderful actors and they’re all good looking. I have to tell you on a personal note every one of them is professional and lovely as people as well. They really have a great group of young people that are so talented, I have to say that. I think Josh Henderson, if the show continues without JR, is the perfect actor to carry the torch, I really do. I can’t tell you how impressed I am with him as an actor. He is so good looking and such a nice nice young man, a wonderful actor, he is perfect. There are big boots to fill but he can do it.

We now have JR’s masterpiece that involves JR giving Christopher a dossier on Pam and then Victoria’s statement that she won’t return. What do you make of that?

Charlene – I have no idea. I have not talked to Victoria in a long time but I thought Pam was dead in a car crash.

I think she ran off from the hospital

Charlene – If they tried bringing Pam back as another actress, I don’t know if that’s the plan or not, but that’s going to be a tough one because I know the fans want to see Pam [Victoria Principal]. All I can do is go on Victoria’s statement that she’s not coming back.

I was thinking that was maybe a smokescreen to throw people off. But that’s just my conspiracy theory (laughs)

Charlene – You know I have to tell you that my mind went there too. My mind went there as well. Cynthia has it figured out. Like I said she is one of the top writers right now on television, she’s an amazing writer – she will make it work. Personally I adore Victoria and I know the fans would love to see Pam back, at least however briefly. And hopefully, god willing, they can come up with a storyline for little Lucy (laughs).

Do you watch your scenes back and are you critical?

Charlene - Yeah I do watch it . I am hard on myself but I’m also honest, if I do something that I think is good I go “Oh that was good” and if it wasn’t I go “That didn’t hit it, I could have done it better”. I’m not like Sunset Boulevard; watching myself at seventeen on Dallas with a Martini and a cigarette going “Arrgh look at me in that bathing suit” (laughs).

And finally do you have any messages for the fans?

Charlene – I want to say to the fans that their kind and lovely words to me and about the character of Lucy, honestly I can’t tell you how much it means to me. [Ultimate Dallas] you have known me over the years and when you see me at Southfork you know that I am not kidding , you know that genuinely the fans of the show mean everything to me. You know that , I mean seriously those people mean so much to me. Everybody that watches the show, who remembers the original Dallas, I’m so grateful for and they mean the world to me.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:39 PM   #486
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Oh Gawd, the IMDB board for this show is hilariously idiotic...

John Ross ****s literally every female on the show that is not a blood relative and they don't say a word.
Emma, however, has sex with John Ross and goes out on a date with Drew, and she's suddenly a bigger "whore" than Lucy to these people...

Oh, the double standards...

Old 03-26-2013, 02:04 AM   #487
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Cliff... your daughter is gonna **** you up when she learns the truth about this. And then JR's ghost is going to rise(?)/descend(?) to smite your ass.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:09 PM   #488
Primal Slayer
Good ol' Lima Heights

Usually I hate babies being introduced into shows but I was sad to see the 4th generation Ewing/Barnes babies die since we all know in 20yrs we will get Dallas 3.0 and seeing twins (esp if they were both girls or b/g) going at it would've been a welcome change.

Primal Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 04:12 PM   #489
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

A Ewing and a Barnes cannot procreate. God won't allow it.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:15 AM   #490
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Cliff is an idiot. He knows how much heartache his sister Pam went through by not being able to have children after JR made her miscarry, and now he's done the same thing with his own daughter Pamela. Talk about history repeating itself.

I hope Drew confesses though.

Great to see Afton back and she still looks gorgeous after all these years. I was glad she had a sizeable role as i thought it was just going to be a small cameo like Joan Van Ark last week. Funny they still got her to sing. At least she didn't break into that Tits and Ass song from A Chorus Line.

Nice to see Lee Majors too, although he does seem a bit plucked out of thin air. He's an old friend of Sue Ellen but we've never seen him all these years.

Good to see the Ewings still working together and that John Ross shared the info with Christopher and didn't try to use it to his own advantage.

Ryland and his mother are two messed up individuals. At least Emma is pretty, although she doesn't seem to really know what she wants.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:20 AM   #491
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

The Rylands are on crack. I loved Emma immediately calling shenanigans on the grandmother trying to convince her that Harris was strong-arming her into all the **** she's been up to though.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:30 AM   #492
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Cliff has definitely shifted towards being a villain. He was more the victim and poor schmuck whom JR continually beat in the original. He usually still had his heart in the right place and would never have done something like this.

They seem to have forgotten about finding out who killed JR.

I wonder what they'll come up with about Pam if Victoria Principal isn't returning. Are they going to say she's dead? I thought that's what Bobby would find out in the report this week.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:31 AM   #493
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Quote:
Cliff has definitely shifted towards being a villain. He was more the victim and poor schmuck whom JR continually beat in the original. He usually still had his heart in the right place and would never have done something like this.

They seem to have forgotten about finding out who killed JR.

I wonder what they'll come up with about Pam if Victoria Principal isn't returning. Are they going to say she's dead? I thought that's what Bobby would find out in the report this week.
Well, you know, that pesky matter of a rig explosion does tend to distract folks for a certain amount of time....

Old 03-27-2013, 12:34 AM   #494
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sawyer View Post
Well, you know, that pesky matter of a rig explosion does tend to distract folks for a certain amount of time....
But they forgot about it last week before there was an explosion. I can understand this week but last week they didn't seem too bothered about it as if they had moved on.

Old 03-27-2013, 12:39 AM   #495
Sawyer
F***ITY BYE!

Well, I think last week was just them trying to follow the leads that JR had given them. Plus, Bobby wants everyone to continue operating under the belief that JR was killed by a mugger. If he's trying to find anything else (if he even WANTS to find anything else), he's going to hold it close to the vest.

Old 03-31-2013, 07:57 AM   #496
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Caught up on the last 2 eps last night, Cliff Barnes is one sick, twisted old nutter, blowing up your pregnant daughter? It's strange that no one has mentioned the fact his daughter has been in hospital over 24 hours and he has not been to see her.

It was good to see Christopher being less self righteous, I guess Elena had taken up the allotted quota.

Has Harris managed to get his insane mother sectioned?I thought it was curtains for the incestuous old battle axe when he pitched her down the stairs.

Drew..........

I like the way John Ross' master plan involved him screwing Annie Wersching, talk about a double win! "Welcome to the dark side"

I'm guessing John Ross is over Elena and they are going to have something develop further between him and Rebecca now she has lost the babies......that was really well done with the heartbeats decreasing to flat line on the monitor as she screamed and Christopher and John Ross looked on with tearful realization, so sad.

Quote:
Oh Gawd, the IMDB board for this show is hilariously idiotic...

John Ross ****s literally every female on the show that is not a blood relative and they don't say a word.
Emma, however, has sex with John Ross and goes out on a date with Drew, and she's suddenly a bigger "whore" than Lucy to these people...

Oh, the double standards...
Really? It always amazes me in this day and age. Of course being banged by John Ross is just a right of passage for any hot chick on this show, Emma was just earning her stripes!

Quote:
The Rylands are on crack. I loved Emma immediately calling shenanigans on the grandmother trying to convince her that Harris was strong-arming her into all the **** she's been up to though.
Yes, that was a nice slice of refreshing character logic as in these shows it usually takes several episodes for characters to realize an obvious mustache twirler is lying.

Quote:
Good to see the Ewings still working together and that John Ross shared the info with Christopher and didn't try to use it to his own advantage.
I liked this as well, I'd rather see the story continue with them united against Ryland and Barnes as opposed to rehashing the Bobby vs JR rivalry with younger surrogates. Towards the end Bobby admitted that sometimes what JR did was needed for survival in a cutthroat business.

I think they could take that route with John Ross and Christopher, where they stick together but Christopher at times doesn't approve of what John Ross does to protect the family business.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Last edited by Hunter Rider; 03-31-2013 at 08:00 AM.
Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:34 AM   #497
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Here are some theories on Who Killed JR? from Ultimate Dallas:

Quote:

Dallas TNT is building nicely to the end of season two finale when “Who killed J.R.?” is finally revealed.

But who could do such a dastardly act? We delved into the minds of those hardcore Dallas fans on Forkies.com for theories on who pulled the trigger.

These are not spoilers just a selection of theories from fans playing detective.

Theory one

Pamela Ewing killed JR – we know that JR was on the trail of Bobby’s ex wife played by Victoria Principal and we also know that there was no love lost between JR and Pam. Could it be possible that in actual fact JR was responsible for keeping Pam away and in a fit of rage she killed him?

Theory two

Cliff Barnes and Harris Ryland are behind JR’s murder. In a plot involving Carlos Del Sol in cahoots with Ryland and Barnes, a hired female assassin made her way to the hotel room and murdered JR.

Theory three

Carmen Ramos killed JR. Okay let’s just go with this highly unlikely scenario. We know Carmen was in Mexico when the murder took place. Perhaps JR insulted one of her tuna empanadas or in a twist it turns out JR is the father of Drew Ramos (all very Ray Krebbs).

Theory four

JR Ewing is behind his own death. This seems to be the most popular theory and we will outline the reasons fans have given.

A. It’s wrong that anyone would kill JR. That would mean JR lost. It’s been made clear JR has the last laugh in this scenario

B. JR is told by a doctor he is terminally ill. Not wanting a long drawn out end JR decides to end his life but at the same time pull together a plan to bring down his enemies and continue John Ross’s learning curve.

C: With the help of Carlos Del Sol, JR hires an assassin to kill him at an unspecified time.

D: JR wants John Ross to think Cliff is behind the murder. He knows this will give John Ross the motivation to bring Cliff down and push John Ross’s ‘killer’ instinct to get revenge, thus continuing John Ross’s learning curve. JR knew that if he died at home John Ross would loose focus and thus allow Ryland and Barnes to take control.

E: The gun John Ross was given by JR is in actual fact the gun used to shoot JR. John Ross will use this to frame Ryland and Barnes.

F: Bobby is the keeper of the plan. He knows the truth and that JR has set the whole thing up. Remember Bobby’s words - “I knew you would have one more left up your sleeve JR and this is a good one”

G: But why the mugging? The mugging is to keep the Police out of it so the real reason of JR’s death is never known. This allows the plan to be carried out and the reason why Bobby is going along with it.

H: But the letter to Sue Ellen? The reason he sent Sue Ellen the letter in the first place was because he knew he would not return. He added the dinner invitation so not to make it sound final and give the game away but at the same time he wanted to let Sue Ellen know he loved her.

Finally a quote from one member of Forkies.com – “So, what’s left other than JR Ewing deciding his own fate with his own rules and serving up one last hurrah to stick it to his enemies? Especially when it could easily be written that his trips to Vegas and wherever were a result of him seeking a cure for his terminal illness but to no avail….so he chose his own terms. It’s not so much suicide when he was going to die soon anyway

Do you agree with any of these ideas?

http://www.ultimatedallas.com/dallas...lay-detective/
Not sure about this theory that JR planned his own death, but it's an interesting one.

Old 03-31-2013, 09:09 AM   #498
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

Ever since the "This will be my masterpiece" line was reused in the final phone call to John Ross I've thought suicide to get rid of both Ryland and Barnes was a strong possibility, but there are two holes in the theory.

1. It doesn't seem a learning curve for John Ross, the way JR has done it seems more geared towards bringing John Ross and Christopher together in a way he and Bobby could never quite manage.

2. The big hole, I don't see Bobby knowingly going along with a plan to frame anyone for murder.

I'm actually a bit surprised that the killer will be revealed this season but I probably shouldn't be given that this is the fastest moving show on TV.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Hunter Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 09:30 AM   #499
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Well from the time JR was murdered to the time the killer is revealed is about the same length of time (in episodes) from where JR (or Bobby) was shot and the shooter was revealed. It's just that they used to be season-ending cliffhangers, and the shooter was revealed the next season, but of course it couldn't be one here since Larry Hagman died mid season.

Also watched an old interview with Audrey Landers from last year where she said she's recording an album of all the songs that she sung as Afton on the show, which apparently have never been recorded before.

http://www.ultimatedallas.com/dallas...dallas-return/

She looks amazing in this video, and definitely not 56 years old.

Old 03-31-2013, 03:12 PM   #500
Matt
The Man
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
Ever since the "This will be my masterpiece" line was reused in the final phone call to John Ross I've thought suicide to get rid of both Ryland and Barnes was a strong possibility, but there are two holes in the theory.

1. It doesn't seem a learning curve for John Ross, the way JR has done it seems more geared towards bringing John Ross and Christopher together in a way he and Bobby could never quite manage.

2. The big hole, I don't see Bobby knowingly going along with a plan to frame anyone for murder.

I'm actually a bit surprised that the killer will be revealed this season but I probably shouldn't be given that this is the fastest moving show on TV.
I can live with point 1, because JR was never about tearing the family apart. In his mind, all of the sinister things he did, even the ones that screwed over Bobby, Gary, etc were all about protecting the family. So I don't think JR would really mind that his death brought the cousins together. But yeah, I agree, it falls apart with point 2. Bobby would never be a party to that.