The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

View Poll Results: What announcement would you love?
Article/interview confirming the shared universe with F4 with deeper info about it 13 39.39%
'X-Men 4' aka New Sequel set in present time with full Original Cast back 14 42.42%
New Trilogy set in present time (X4, X5 & X6) 9 27.27%
'First Class' third movie & release date 9 27.27%
New X-Men spin-off 9 27.27%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-20-2013, 07:47 AM   #51
Angamb
Banned User

Default Re: 20th Century Fox upcoming Big Announcement

exactly. solids point JP.

without forgeting that Millar said that The Wolverine is like Ironman to Marvel, like a starting point of the universe. and since Wolverine/Hugh/Dopf all take part of the same series, no way Fox would drop all of that just after their 'starting point' lol

Last edited by Angamb; 03-20-2013 at 09:21 AM.
Angamb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:17 AM   #52
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Yeah but I think it will be difficult locking up McAvoy, Fassebender, Lawrence, and Hoult for another trilogy after this. They are big names and I expect them to move on. So why would you build this new timeline around this current cast when they have already given you two and probably a third film down the line?

So this "reboot" may consist of the older versions of those characters, with a new cast in their primes. And age appropriate actors for Xavier and Magneto. Closer to Stewart and McKellan. That makes sense to me. Or you can hold off on the "reboot" for another 10-15 years, and then try to get this cast back for another round. I don't see this nucleus giving us SIX movies playing these characters.

I think DoFP is going to be it, and FC 3 is also a decent possibility to setup the new timeline. Then they will take a break; perhaps continue with spinoffs.

Mr.M is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:25 AM   #53
Angamb
Banned User

Im sure most of both casts would sign for another movie, either if its FC4, (after the trilogy) or X4 after DOFP.

Actors need work, and to be appart of a huge franchise like this benefits them, so most of the actors would like to stay on the franchise.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:32 AM   #54
DarknessOfDeath
We're badasses...

*sighs* It's going to be a long wait until Fox drops the bomb of what they have in store. I hope we don't have to wait too long.

DarknessOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:33 AM   #55
Mr.M
Side-Kick

I don't think Jennifer Lawrence is going to struggle finding work anytime soon. Same for any of the other three. They are hot names. They won't all commit like Jackman has. That's just wishful thinking.

Now a Mystique spinoff? I like that. Magneto could have a cameo in it as well. That's something I think Lawrence would agree upon. Could setup some nice backstory to her character. Maybe her relationship with Azazel or Sabertooth.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:55 AM   #56
Angamb
Banned User

Its not like Jennifer or Michael wont have other proyects, its just that being part of this franchise is a good look, because it makes them even bigger names, and hotter.

Jennifer has two franchises, so she in on another level. But James has expressed recently how he likes to be appart of this franchise and to do sequels with a three years gap. He's smart.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:56 AM   #57
Project862006
Banned User

scratch deadpool off the list reynolds did an interview promoting the croods saying fox is hesitant to pull the trigger

Project862006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:57 AM   #58
JP
Smelly

Why are we worrying about stuff like that though? We have no idea what's going on in either of those 4 actors heads. So long as a good director is attached and there is a good script, and a nice paycheck I'm sure either of them would not have a problem coming back.

JP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 09:59 AM   #59
DarknessOfDeath
We're badasses...

Yeah I just read that when I was on twitter a few moments ago... I don't think a Deadpool movie is gonna happen any time soon, judging from the script unless Fox gets off their butts and do something about it, which I doubt they'll do.

I think we'll be getting an X-men announcement but how soon will Fox tell us what that is?

DarknessOfDeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 11:57 AM   #60
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Why are we worrying about stuff like that though? We have no idea what's going on in either of those 4 actors heads. So long as a good director is attached and there is a good script, and a nice paycheck I'm sure either of them would not have a problem coming back.
More to do with the fact that you don't really see franchises going past four films these days unless they are REALLY successful. Compared to other comic book franchises, X-Men is lagging. DoFP could be a major hit, and if it doubles the take of any one X-Men movie, and gets in that 800-900 range, then I think Fox has the resources they need to extend the franchise. Outside of that, I think they stick with the trilogy format, and the symmetry it brings. I don't view First Class as a traditional trilogy, but I think most of the actors were signed with a three picture deal in mind.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:02 PM   #61
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

I will only get excited for Deadpool if Tarantino wrote and directed it. But knowing that will never happen, I couldn't care less about a Deadpool movie.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Norek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:12 PM   #62
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
But knowing that will never happen, I couldn't care less about a Deadpool movie.
Read the script and youll say otherwise. Its as close to a Tarantino Deadpool flick as you will get. Most actually reviewed it as Kill Bill meets Caddyshack.

Any film that...
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
...quotes Mothy Python after Colossus breaks Deadpool arms and legs and ends in Deadpool cutting off his own arm to escape from him is a pretty solid win.

Last edited by def28; 03-20-2013 at 12:22 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:29 PM   #63
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.M View Post
More to do with the fact that you don't really see franchises going past four films these days unless they are REALLY successful. Compared to other comic book franchises, X-Men is lagging. DoFP could be a major hit, and if it doubles the take of any one X-Men movie, and gets in that 800-900 range, then I think Fox has the resources they need to extend the franchise.
I have a strong feeling and confidence that this is what gonna happen.

Maybe it wont reach one billion worldwide, but 800m is a strong possibility, and if Fox gets that, I bet you they will do something bigger with the franchise after that. and no, Im not talking about a reboot.

Last edited by Angamb; 03-20-2013 at 12:32 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:34 PM   #64
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

James bond went to 20 films before rebooting.Star Trek 10.So far none of Star Wars prequels or clone wars film and TV show Is being retconned out of exsistance by Disney.

marvelrobbins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:39 PM   #65
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
James bond went to 20 films before rebooting.Star Trek 10.So far none of Star Wars prequels or clone wars film and TV show Is being retconned out of exsistance by Disney.
**** that ****, dude, we're living in the Era of Reboots. The Era of Dark and Gritty Reboots, to be exact.

Old 03-20-2013, 12:44 PM   #66
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
good point

Old 03-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #67
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
I have a strong feeling and confidence that this is what gonna happen.

Maybe it wont reach one billion worldwide, but 800m is a strong possibility, and if Fox gets that, I bet you they will do something bigger with the franchise after that. and no, Im not talking about a reboot.
Unfortunately, I believe the window for an X-4 is closed. I think this IS the X-4. McKellan is going to be 80 by 2016-17. Famke is soon to be 50 as mentioned. Jackman is up there, pushing 50. These aren't the actors I planned seeing taking on Apocalypse and other stories that were held back for a "future" trilogy. Never once doubted that. So does Fox throw another 300 million dollars into an official X-4 when clearly the future of this franchise resides with the next crop of actors in these roles, concurrent with the ones established in First Class? Doesn't make sense. As an ensemble movie, it's near impossible to stretch things out more than this. If it was just one or two main characters, then you could milk those guys and get the crappy fourth and fifth installments we tend to get elsewhere (see Die Hard).

I think people will be surprised when characters like Storm, Rogue, and perhaps even Wolverine only get 30-40 minutes of screen time collectively. Could be more than that for sure, but this project was not something that these actors were prepared for at this point in their careers. An opportunity came up when Singer pitched this to them, and I think most of the people that are back took it knowing it would be a small, supporting role for the most part.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:09 PM   #68
Angamb
Banned User

you dont feel its possible, but I should remind you and some other users that Lauren S- Donner posted recently on twitter that she Is, in fact, trying to do X-men 4.

So there you have it. And with the great relationship she and Bryan Singer have, well, is more possible than impossible.

Its just up to Fox. not to the actors age or fans worries, so as always, only time will tell.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:12 PM   #69
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
Unfortunately, I believe the window for an X-4 is closed. I think this IS the X-4. McKellan is going to be 80 by 2016-17. Famke is soon to be 50 as mentioned. Jackman is up there, pushing 50.
Patrick Steward will be pushing 80 too, Halle is going for 50 even sooner than Hugh. As sad as it is, they won't be playing these characters forever.

You can however bring new young actors in these roles in the FC continuity, and with Fassy, J-Law, McAvoy and Hoult, who are hot actors right now, a FC continuation can make up a solid cast without having to rely on OT actors.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:14 PM   #70
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

I also want to point this out: FOX could announce that their X-Men and FF are joining the MCU without going into specifics. DoFP, etc., could still run their course without affecting future plans to reboot the X-Men.

I say this because I have a very hard time believing that FOX's new FF are going to be sharing the same universe with the current X-Men even if they don't join MCU
. What's the point of having a new (younger) FF cast to share the same universe with late 40s, 50s and 80 year old principal actors from X-Men? I mean, do any of you want that? I don't see a future there...they won't "match". Especially if they want to share in the same world of Avengers' younger casts.

Either way, I think this version of X-Men are going to be going away sooner than some of us may be realizing...in an Andrew Garfield sort of way.

Last edited by Lightning Strykez!; 03-20-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Lightning Strykez! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:15 PM   #71
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Either way, I think this version of X-Men are going to be going away sooner than some of us may be realizing...in an Andrew Garfield sort of way.
What do you mean?

Old 03-20-2013, 01:19 PM   #72
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:

I say this because I have a very hard time believing that FOX's new FF are going to be sharing the same universe with the current X-Men even if they don't join MCU
. What's the point of having a new FF cast to share the same universe with 50 and 80 year old principal actors from X-Men? I mean, do any of you want that? I don't see a future there...they won't "match".
I dont think anyone really wants that. The shared universe thing was mentioned but I think they were more talking about crossing their X films like they are doing with DOFP and then more X films in the future like Millar said. Until they can prove they can crossover X men films they shouldnt even bother jumping into the FF.

When asked about the FF X Men thing they said it would be after the FF have been established. We have awhile to go on that, and that film may not even be a hit. The others are not exactly a huge success. I would think they would need to crossover SS and FF before the X Men come in.

Bottom line I think is, X Men doesnt need FF to increase sales. Its a waste right now.

Last edited by def28; 03-20-2013 at 01:24 PM.
def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:20 PM   #73
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Unfortunately, I believe the window for an X-4 is closed. I think this IS the X-4. McKellan is going to be 80 by 2016-17. Famke is soon to be 50 as mentioned. Jackman is up there, pushing 50. These aren't the actors I planned seeing taking on Apocalypse and other stories that were held back for a "future" trilogy. Never once doubted that. So does Fox throw another 300 million dollars into an official X-4 when clearly the future of this franchise resides with the next crop of actors in these roles, concurrent with the ones established in First Class? Doesn't make sense. As an ensemble movie, it's near impossible to stretch things out more than this. If it was just one or two main characters, then you could milk those guys and get the crappy fourth and fifth installments we tend to get elsewhere (see Die Hard).

I think people will be surprised when characters like Storm, Rogue, and perhaps even Wolverine only get 30-40 minutes of screen time collectively. Could be more than that for sure, but this project was not something that these actors were prepared for at this point in their careers. An opportunity came up when Singer pitched this to them, and I think most of the people that are back took it knowing it would be a small, supporting role for the most part.
Right on. I'm not sure why some here are resistant to the idea of the X-Men being recast with younger, more accurate representations of their favorite characters. Why not "get it right" like everyone else is doing with their franchise? Why settle for this alternate universe for the mutants when clearly the movie going audiences are primed and ready for more sci-fi level fantasy?

This is not 1999, 2000 where CMB properties were mostly jokes and studios were cautious about investing $$$ in them. Audiences now have willingly embraced the true fantastical nature of sophisticated comic book films. If they can eat up Thor and Thanos, they are ready for the REAL Dark Phoenix--raptor and all. I don't know why some of you want to hold on to this old s***.

Last edited by Lightning Strykez!; 03-20-2013 at 01:33 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:28 PM   #74
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
When asked about the FF X Men thing they said it would be after the FF have been established. We have awhile to go on that, and that film may not even be a hit. The others are not exactly a huge success. I would think they would need to crossover SS and FF before the X Men come in.
Exactly. All the more reason to cast younger 20, 30 something actors NOW for X-Men so that they will still be viable for those crossover films 10 years from now. The math is simple.

The other alternative is this: if they keep this current X-Men universe, they would just focus on other mutants and phase out the classic characters. That would mean that Magneto and Xavier (played by McKellan and Stewart) just "go away" from X-Men films because the actors playing them will be in their 80s. Ditto for Storm, Wolverine, Cyclops and Jean--the actors playing them also being too old for the roles.

So that leaves us with X-Men films without the most popular characters. I couldn't imagine a line-up of X-Men without at least one or two of those top tier characters.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:31 PM   #75
Mr.M
Side-Kick

Quote:
I also want to point this out: FOX could announce that their X-Men and FF are joining the MCU without going into specifics. DoFP, etc., could still run their course without affecting future plans to reboot the X-Men.

I say this because I have a very hard time believing that FOX's new FF are going to be sharing the same universe with the current X-Men even if they don't join MCU. What's the point of having a new (younger) FF cast to share the same universe with late 40s, 50s and 80 year old principal actors from X-Men? I mean, do any of you want that? I don't see a future there...they won't "match". Especially if they want to share in the same world of Avengers' younger casts.

Nah. I don't even think Marvel/Disney wants that. Too many egos at play number one. And X-Men would convolute the MCU and vice versa. Just doesn't work. If they rebooted X-Men it works, and I don't consider your proposal a reboot at its very definition.

As of now, the OT is cannon. And it did not incorporate superheroes at any point. They tried to combine X-Men with the then running FF series at the time, but that never panned out either (Jackman's cameo in FF was a deleted scene). I hope this new FF isn't going to be some parallel universe that didn't exist back in the X-Men OT, but exists now in the FC timeline and the now MCU timeline.

Last edited by Mr.M; 03-20-2013 at 01:35 PM.