Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > Misc. TV Series

Closed Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 05:01 PM   #751
Donut
Side-Kick

Default Re: JJ Abrams/Eric Kripke team up for NBC thriller 'Revolution'

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMadness View Post
No one man should be able to direct a Star Trek AND a Star Wars movie. JJ Abrams is living the life.
Now he just needs to do a Stargate movie. If that series were to ever return. Then the Star movies are complete with JJ

Old 01-26-2013, 06:29 PM   #752
Marvolo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingMadness View Post
No one man should be able to direct a Star Trek AND a Star Wars movie. JJ Abrams is living the life.
If he pulls it off and gives us even a good Star Wars film he will challenge Joss Whedon for the title of the nerd god.

Dr. Neil DeGrasse Tyson: A Fascinatingly Disturbing Thought
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Old 01-28-2013, 08:02 PM   #753
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

http://tvline.com/2013/01/28/revolut...cast-miles-ex/
Quote:
Revolution Exclusive: 24 Alum Annie Wersching Cast as [Spoiler]'s First Love

Stop me if you’ve heard this before, but: One of 24 crimestopper Jack Bauer’s love interests has landed a role on NBC’s Revolution.

TVLine has learned that Annie Wersching, who played 24 FBI agent Renee Walker, will guest-star on TV’s highest-rated freshman drama as Emma, who was Miles Matheson’s first love — and also the first object of Sebastian Monroe’s obsession.

When Emma resurfaces in the current timeline, it sets the stage for a dramatic confrontation between the gentleman frenemies.

As alluded to above, Wersching is the third 24 alumna to appear on Revolution. Kim Raver recurs as Captain Neville’s wife, while Leslie Hope recently booked a multi-episode arc as the president of the Georgia Federation. (The connective tissue: Onetime 24 EP Jon Cassar directs for Revolution.)

Revolution returns from hiatus on March 25, with Episode 11. Wersching appears in Episode 15 — as does Hope.
Three-for-three with Jack Bauer's love interests... not bad.

Heterosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Opposite Sex
Homosexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to the Same Sex
Bisexual - A Person Sexually Attracted to Both Sexes
Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 01-28-2013, 11:13 PM   #754
Hunter Rider
Ronin

Quality addition.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 02-05-2013, 08:55 PM   #755
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Timothy Busfield To Guest Star

Hype-osexual - A Person More Sexually Excited By CBM Photos/Trailers Than Any Man or Woman Could Ever Hope To Make Them

Old 02-14-2013, 12:04 PM   #756
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

New Teaser Poster, Images

Old 02-22-2013, 01:14 AM   #757
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

NBC, would it kill you to use some new footage?

Old 02-22-2013, 01:40 AM   #758
<(o_o)>
Evangeline Is My Hero!

Need my Charlie fix. No wonder why people lose interest in NBC shows, they take too long of breaks.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:44 AM   #759
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Eh. It'll probably do better with The Voice remaining it's lead in than it would if they decided to put it on after The 80-year-olds Prank Eachother show.

Old 02-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #760
KingMadness
Side-Kick

Scared that Revolution will DRASTICALLY fall off after this break. It was waaaaaaaaaaaay too long.

Tracy Spiradakos may not be the best actor but I hope she gets work cause she has a hot greekness to her.

Old 02-22-2013, 01:46 PM   #761
Destructus86
Side-Kick

yeah..a break this long generally makes it difficult for a show to make a good come back

Old 02-22-2013, 04:26 PM   #762
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Revolution Prequel Starring Giancarlo Esposito Premieres Feb. 25th
Quote:
In this webseries, premiering Feb. 25 on NBC.com, we flashback to 11 years after the blackout and the night Miles (Billy Burke) first tried to assassinate Gen. Monroe (David Lyons). The story will follow Capt. Neville (Giancarlo Esposito) on a mission to hunt down and kill and those who had a hand in the attempt to assassinate Monroe. While on his journey, however, Neville will apparently stumble “upon an even greater conspiracy that could change the course of the Republic forever,” according to a description.

Esposito and Lyons will star in the five-episode webseries.
Awesome.

Old 02-22-2013, 05:30 PM   #763
rashad
Hype Board Junkie

They could've aired something like that during the break.

Old 02-28-2013, 06:59 PM   #764
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Revoluti...s-1062027.aspx
Quote:
7 Reasons to Be Excited for Revolution's Return
by Sadie Gennis

It's been a while, Revolution. We've missed you. At least those of us who still remember the NBC hit after its seemingly endless four month hiatus. But now Revolution's return is only a few weeks away (March 25 at 10/9c) and the question is: does anyone still care? Creator Eric Kripke sure hopes so. "I think, honestly, it's an engine that's humming better than it ever has," he said. While Revolution was the biggest freshman hit of the fall season, many viewers were left lukewarm by the midseason finale. After taking this time off the air to reevaluate, Kripke now believes the show's return has what it takes to attract old fans, those still on the fence as well as a whole new audience. "We've learned from our mistakes and really sort of figured out what works and what doesn't work," he tells TVGuide.com.

Still hesitant to commit? Here are another seven reasons to be excited for Revolution's return:

1. Things are going to get moving — and fast! With Supernatural's Kripke and Lost's J.J. Abrams at the helm, viewers expected the same quick-paced storytelling we'd come to know from the pair's previous series. Unfortunately, Revolution's first 10 episodes — while a fun ride — moved at a snail's pace. (Ten episodes just to get one kid? Sheesh!) That's all going to change when the show returns. "It explodes into a big ball of fury after this," Billy Burke, who plays Miles, says. "I know [Kripke and Abrams] want to hasten, quicken the pace," Captain Neville's portrayer Giancarlo Esposito says, adding that they also plan to swiftly answer some of the series' biggest burning questions, including why the power went out!

2. There are going to be higher stakes (and an actual revolution) Now that Monroe has power — not to mention helicopters — gone are the days of a simple search-and-rescue mission. "It'll evolve into a really sizeable quest," Kripke says. "I think we really look at the first 10 episodes as the prologue to the story ... now it's time for the revolution to start." But things won't' be so easy for our heroes as they set out to restore power worldwide. "They've got crossbows and swords and [Monroe] has M16s and choppers, so they're woefully overwhelmed and outmanned and outgunned," the creator adds. To help even the playing field, Kripke hints that the rebels might look to outside forces for help. Georgia, perhaps?

3. We'll see a larger, complex world à la Game of Thrones "We've seen personal relationship struggles and personal revolutions happen, but we haven't seen how this particular power outage has affected the whole world. We're about to," Esposito teases. With the revolution finally beginning, everyone has their own role to play, roles that will take them outside of the Monroe Republic. "We'll see the Georgia Federation this season, we'll see the Plains Nation this season — and they're wildly different nations ... We really want this to evolve into kind of an American Game of Thrones." Kripke says. But with the world expanding, don't expect our recently reunited gang of misfits to stay together too long.

4. What other show has this many badass women? Revolution has done the unthinkable on network TV: feature a cast filled with strong, inspiring women. "If you notice, all the women are incredibly tough," David Lyons, who plays Monroe, says. "If you look at [Elizabeth Mitchell's] character, Rachel, she's as tough as the guys. She's killed more people onscreen than I have!" And Rachel's not alone. Charlie, Nora, Julia and even Maggie (RIP) have all proven their ability to get the job done under distressing circumstances. "I believe there is an essence of grace and brilliance that women embody that's thoughtful, spiritual and intellectually far ahead of what we think about as men and so I love this writing team because I think they're really thinking about all of that," Esposito explains. "I really believe the saviors of our society and our compassion and our world will be female. There's no doubt."

5. The Nevilles put your family drama to shame "The Nevilles put the fun in dysfunctional for sure," Kripke jokes — but the man has a point. As Monroe's right-hand man, Neville can't stand idly by as his son Jason's affection for Charlie and the rebels grow. "I believe a lot is lost between Jason and Neville," JD Pardo, who plays Jason Neville says, adding the only common denominator between the pair is their love for Julia. "I can't speak for [Neville], but I'm sure there's jealously there. He's got to feel like he's losing grip on his wife and on his son." But according to Esposito, Jason isn't the only person he's worried about stealing Julia's attention. With Neville's job taking him away for years at a time, he becomes more than a little insecure about his wife's relationship with Monroe. "It starts to get really loaded," Esposito teases.

6. Danny and Charlie are going to be way less obnoxious After very vocal complaints about the whiny, pouty Charlie, the innocent girl you once loathed is now all grown up. "She's no longer this little girl that [Miles] met at the beginning. She's now becoming a warrior and she's got the chops for it," Tracy Spiridakos, who plays Charlie, says. As for her brother Danny, who basically has done nothing except ruin everyone's lives by sheer passivity, Kripke says, "I think [his captivity and torture] really matures him and ages him in a way that we'll really see in the second half of the season. He'll really be willing to take up arms in the fight against Mornoe." And thank God, because with helicopters ready to gun them down, the last thing Miles needs to be focused on is babysitting.

7. Miles and Rachel have an amazingly mysterious and tortured history Remember the fear on Rachel's face when she discovered Charlie had been traveling with Miles? What was all that about? "I think it has a lot to do with what his position was and who he was," Mitchell speculates. "I don't know if Rachel necessarily thinks that he would hurt [Charlie] but he is a man capable of extreme violence. I think that's where it comes from. But there's more." The kind of more that causes you to slap someone hello instead of stealing Monroe's only access to power? "Good more," Mitchell says. "It's messy. It's nice and messy and Rachel is morally questionable." Ugh! Even Mitchell's answers leave us with more questions. At least we won't have to wait long for answers. Mitchell promises we'll be delving into Miles and Rachel's backstory soon!

Will you be watching Revolution when it returns?

Revolution returns on Monday, March 25 at 10/9c on NBC.

Additional reporting by Natalie Abrams
Also...

Enemies of the State webisode Part 1:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 03-03-2013, 03:10 PM   #765
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Revolution at PaleyFest, from The Hollywood Reporter, TV Line, and Deadline.

Can't wait to see the Georgia Federation.

Old 03-05-2013, 05:52 PM   #766
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Complete First Season DVD/Blu-Ray Rumored to Arrive September 10th

Old 03-06-2013, 01:32 PM   #767
Forever Rud
Side-Kick

Revolution is featured on the new TV Guide cover. Didn't even recognize these two at first!

Old 03-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #768
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

First Minute of the Midseason Premiere:
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Only a minute, NBC? Come on, now... don't be stingy with me.

Old 03-07-2013, 01:42 AM   #769
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

The first episode back is titled "The Stand". Like I didn't already love this show...

Old 03-14-2013, 03:52 PM   #770
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

http://collider.com/arrow-revolution-wondercon-panels/

Quote:
SATURDAY, MARCH 30

Revolution Special Video Presentation and Q&A – This panel session featuring stars Billy Burke, Elizabeth Mitchell, Tracy Spiridakos, Zak Orth, David Lyons , Daniella Alonso and Tim Guinee as well as co-executive producer David Rambo will tackle burning questions such as Bass’s plans for the expansion of the Monroe Republic, the long-awaited Matheson family reunion and theories on what really happened to cause the blackout. Join these “revolutionaries” as they reveal exclusive information about the remaining episodes of the first season.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
He’s much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. He’s Everyman operating on a sci–fi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 03-14-2013, 05:45 PM   #771
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Awesome.

New promo...
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 03-20-2013, 02:19 PM   #772
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

http://insidetv.ew.com/2013/03/20/th...-spoiler-room/
Quote:
‘REVOLUTION’: THREE BURNING QUESTIONS

Do you know when we’re going to see the showdown between Neville and his son on Revolution? — Terri

In the first episode back! “There is this sort of unforgivable schism between father and son. And from that point on, their paths diverge,” says executive producer Eric Kripke. “Jason makes some radical changes and Neville is left to deal with them.” It’s so bad, says Kripke, that it “sets them on different paths for really most of the season.”

I’m so excited for the return of Revolution. Anything new you can share about the return? — Anne
In this second half, don’t expect the heroes to be traveling in one big happy bunch. According to Kripke, there’s a split-up coming. “I don’t want to say who goes where, but in our classic Lord of the Rings-way, different epic quests end up evolving and our little fellowship ends up having to split up and head off into different directions in the most emotional and fraught way possible to accomplish their goals,” he says. These quests will take them into the two new lands that have been teased — Georgia Federation and Plains Nation.

I’m going to marathon Revolution this weekend to prepare for the return. I’m hoping the lights don’t go out because I need this refresher course. Anything juicy to share to help me get through my quest? — Melissa
“If the first half of the season was to find Danny, the second half of the season, this war really begins,” teases Kripke. “It’s about this rag-tag group of rebels up against the evil empire — it’s as fun as that. It’s the good guys versus the bad guys and overwhelming battles and love and romance and loyalty.”

Old 03-21-2013, 08:19 PM   #773
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

FIRST EIGHT MINUTES!
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 03-22-2013, 12:53 PM   #774
KingMadness
Side-Kick

First 8 minutes was great. Tracy lookin fine as all **** too.

Old 03-22-2013, 03:58 PM   #775
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

edit

Closed Thread