The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2013, 06:38 PM   #51
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,759
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Given the fact that this film is released next year in April, and before the sequel to the Amazing Spider-Man, shouldn't this have already started filming by now?
They're supposedly starting filming on April 1st but it seems like none of the actors are able to confirm that for sure.

Webfoot Hero is offline  
Old 03-11-2013, 08:12 PM   #52
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,633
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
Buckeyes.

For The Avengers, Cleavland filled in for India and Russia.

They're also filming in Washington DC and Los Angeles. I read somewhere that they'll do some shooting in an undisclosed European location. (I want o say Scotland)
Cleveland is probably doubling for NYC again. DC makes sense for a political thriller, likely involving the White House. LA is news to me, but I wonder if there might be a link to Tony Stark/IM3 there....?

Scotland is what sounds most interesting to me. I get a vision of some dark, dank old castle serving as the sinister lair of a certain Baron, and I don't mean the Red one....

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is online now  
Old 03-11-2013, 08:41 PM   #53
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,759
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Cleveland is probably doubling for NYC again. DC makes sense for a political thriller, likely involving the White House. LA is news to me, but I wonder if there might be a link to Tony Stark/IM3 there....?

Scotland is what sounds most interesting to me. I get a vision of some dark, dank old castle serving as the sinister lair of a certain Baron, and I don't mean the Red one....
They're in LA because they're using Raleigh Manhattan Beach Studios for stage filming and I bet they'll do some minor outdoor stuff as well around LA. As for Scotland, I could easily see that if there's a castle setting.

Webfoot Hero is offline  
Old 03-12-2013, 10:25 AM   #54
ctsketch
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,772
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

Do we have any recent pics of Frank after all this hardcore training?

ctsketch is online now  
Old 03-12-2013, 12:13 PM   #55
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick
 
Webfoot Hero's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 5,759
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctsketch View Post
Do we have any recent pics of Frank after all this hardcore training?
He really hasn't posted a lot of photos. The ones we do have are from late December or early January so with another couple months elapsed from those, he could look really different.


Webfoot Hero is offline  
Old 03-12-2013, 01:11 PM   #56
ctsketch
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 2,772
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

yeah I saw that one. the only other photo I saw he was in a suit so I couldn't tell

ctsketch is online now  
Old 03-12-2013, 01:42 PM   #57
BoredGuy
Killing Time
 
BoredGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: the future past
Posts: 3,312
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

I just watched Season 1 of Prison Break again
Didn't even realize Grillo was in that

He's a pretty good actor, didn't wow me, but I was sad when he got killed off

__________________
MOVIE STUDIO BATTING AVERAGES:
MARVEL- .800 WB- .412 FOX- .400 SONY- .429


BoredGuy is offline  
Old 03-12-2013, 09:18 PM   #58
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches
 
Spider-Vader's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Jacksonville, FL
Posts: 12,232
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

I hoe can play a mean SOB, Crossbones shouldn't be likable at all.

__________________
"Okay...This looks bad."
Spider-Vader is offline  
Old 03-18-2013, 01:11 PM   #59
marvel_freshman
Side-Kick
 
marvel_freshman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 2,358
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

Looks like Agent Sitwell is returning. Says he'll be in Cleveland in May. Can't wait to get more scenes on the helicarrier.

Quote:
The glasses still fit. But the suit may have to be taken in.
Quote:
So beautiful I'm LA today. Does it ever get this nice in Cleveland?
Quote:
Excelsior!!! This is going to be an interesting summer!!!
https://twitter.com/maxitois4real

__________________
"I Still Believe In Heroes" - Nick Fury

Last edited by marvel_freshman; 03-18-2013 at 01:17 PM.
marvel_freshman is offline  
Old 03-18-2013, 03:11 PM   #60
OB12
Side-Kick
 
OB12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,203
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

^That's awesome, I hope Sitwell shows up in the SHIELD show as well.

OB12 is offline  
Old 03-18-2013, 03:34 PM   #61
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra
 
Dark Raven's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tall and tan and young and lovely
Posts: 18,501
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by OB12 View Post
^That's awesome, I hope Sitwell shows up in the SHIELD show as well.
I'm hoping that too. Would like to see a scene between him and Coulson similar to the Consultant.

__________________
Quote:
Anne Hathaway: "You did not just ask me that!! What a forward young man you are!!! My goodness!!"
Dark Raven is online now  
Old 03-18-2013, 11:44 PM   #62
darkslayer101
Side-Kick
 
darkslayer101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 2,605
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Looks like Agent Sitwell is returning. Says he'll be in Cleveland in May. Can't wait to get more scenes on the helicarrier.






https://twitter.com/maxitois4real
did anyone confirm that it is taking place in the helicarrier?
and when exaclty does shooting start?

darkslayer101 is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 01:50 AM   #63
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop
 
Hawkingbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: With the Hawkeyes
Posts: 5,733
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkslayer101 View Post
did anyone confirm that it is taking place in the helicarrier?
and when exaclty does shooting start?
Considering SHIELD have high involvement, I think we'll be seeing the Helicarrier again.

__________________
"Turkey sucks and you suck, and who made you boss?"
Hawkingbird is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 08:33 AM   #64
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,633
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
Considering SHIELD have high involvement, I think we'll be seeing the Helicarrier again.
Yeah, I don't see how CATWS *or* the SHIELD TV series can avoid using the Helicarrier.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is online now  
Old 03-19-2013, 10:20 AM   #65
Wade Garrett
Tails again!
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 163
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Yeah, I don't see how CATWS *or* the SHIELD TV series can avoid using the Helicarrier.
If the studio saved the set piece, which some times they do, instead of recycling it ( and to be be honest with what marvel has planned for all these things it would be stupid not to) I say its very likely. It was save them money rather then coming up with another set piece. and the exterior is a simple CG shot of an object they already have mapped and rendered.

I wouldn't mind agents visiting Steve in his NY apartment though, almost parallel the difference in how Tony and him live. I know there is that deleted scene, but it didn't give you a huge sense of the space Steve lives in. I'd like to see a chat with an agent like Steve opens the fridge to pour a glass a milk or make a ham sandwhich or something.

Wade Garrett is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 11:50 AM   #66
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson
 
cherokeesam's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Cherokee, NC
Posts: 11,633
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wade Garrett View Post
If the studio saved the set piece, which some times they do, instead of recycling it ( and to be be honest with what marvel has planned for all these things it would be stupid not to) I say its very likely. It was save them money rather then coming up with another set piece. and the exterior is a simple CG shot of an object they already have mapped and rendered.

I wouldn't mind agents visiting Steve in his NY apartment though, almost parallel the difference in how Tony and him live. I know there is that deleted scene, but it didn't give you a huge sense of the space Steve lives in. I'd like to see a chat with an agent like Steve opens the fridge to pour a glass a milk or make a ham sandwhich or something.
I'd like to see Steve's apartment look like it's stuck in a time warp. Have all the trappings of the 1940s in it; have him watching old black and white movies on TCM; listening to Big Band and Jazz stations on Sirius; etc.

__________________
THE COTTON AVENGERS

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
cherokeesam is online now  
Old 03-19-2013, 11:55 AM   #67
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick
 
Whiskey Tango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: The South
Posts: 19,217
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

I liked the bit from the Ultimates where he was basically living in a rundown ****hole but he stayed there anyway because it was his old neighborhood.

__________________

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Whiskey Tango is offline  
Old 03-19-2013, 09:56 PM   #68
DeGenerate10
Br Ba
 
DeGenerate10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 3,485
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

Early in Brubakers run of Cap they showed his apartment. I can't remember it but there wasn't much in there except a punching bag

__________________
Woodrow Wilson? Willy Wonka? ... Walter White?
DeGenerate10 is online now  
Old 03-19-2013, 10:43 PM   #69
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods
 
Scarecrow_King's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: The Point of Diminishing Returns
Posts: 4,971
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post
I liked the bit from the Ultimates where he was basically living in a rundown ****hole but he stayed there anyway because it was his old neighborhood.
The one and only thing I liked about Ultimate Cap.

__________________
Well, it's been a shattering disillusionment. Goodnight.
Scarecrow_King is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 03:13 AM   #70
herolee10
S.W. Mourner
 
herolee10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 15,204
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

Do you guys think Marvel would actually re-use some of the "Man out of time" sequence that was originally shot for "The Avengers" for WS in order to save some money?

herolee10 is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 03:41 AM   #71
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick
 
BullMcGiveny's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,298
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by herolee10 View Post
Do you guys think Marvel would actually re-use some of the "Man out of time" sequence that was originally shot for "The Avengers" for WS in order to save some money?
Maybe the newsreel.

The scene at the cafe makes little sense, as the waitress doesn't recognize him. The scene at the gym shows him signing up to the gym he's at in the beginning of the Avengers. It wouldn't make sense being set after the Avengers.

BullMcGiveny is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 02:31 PM   #72
InternetPeople
Petty... and tiny
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 377
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

I don't think we will see any of Cap acclimating to the modern world. It would only work to make Cap look silly and does nothing to move the story forward (we already know he is not from our time). With all the other, more important, stuff happening in the film, I can't see them devoting any real time to this. Maybe they can do the modern references thing again (flying monkeys, Stephen Hawking), but that is played out and would be dumb.

InternetPeople is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 03:34 PM   #73
spideymouse
Side-Kick
 
spideymouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 1,506
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetPeople View Post
I don't think we will see any of Cap acclimating to the modern world. It would only work to make Cap look silly and does nothing to move the story forward (we already know he is not from our time). With all the other, more important, stuff happening in the film, I can't see them devoting any real time to this. Maybe they can do the modern references thing again (flying monkeys, Stephen Hawking), but that is played out and would be dumb.
I think they will absolutely make juxtaposing a man from the 1940s into the 2010s a big part of the plot, but not so much in the comedic sense to which you are referring. More along the lines of, "I went under, the world was at war. I wake up, they say we won. They didn't say what we lost." I do think the Russos will take the opportunity to find humor in certain situations, especially with Sharon, but not so much that it would distract from where Steve is emotionally. I very much want to see Cap continue to struggle with the disconnect between the world he knew and the world in which he finds himself.

spideymouse is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #74
InternetPeople
Petty... and tiny
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 377
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

Sure, he can struggle with it but the film won't dwell on it, there just isn't time. Besides, time has passed and Cap has dealt with some of these issues off camera. The question you have to answer is "How do we make this into a compelling story that moves the plot forward?" If you can't answer that, don't do it.

Showing Cap being sad for more than a second is boring. Thinking about it, I would start to dislike Cap if he started whining about missing those years. I would just be like, "Cry me a river."

InternetPeople is offline  
Old 03-20-2013, 05:55 PM   #75
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys
 
terry78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 60,019
Default Re: Captain America 2: News and Speculation - Part 2

But he has done that in the books. He doesn't dwell on it but he thinks it and doesn't really show it to teammates.

__________________
The only thing funnier than watching stupid people argue is watching smart people argue.
-----------
Who the **** makes a movie and while planning it is like, "you know what this needs...is some Greg Kinnear."
terry78 is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:01 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.