The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 11:00 AM   #551
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This reminds me of the period before promotion started pre-release of TDKR. At one point (around this time of the year again) we had nothing to talk about, nothing got released. Then the final poster, final trailer, and after that, it was an ocean of promotion.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Old 03-20-2013, 11:06 AM   #552
A.Stabelli
Man Of Steel

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Ocean of promotion. Nice rhyme.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:08 AM   #553
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

The marketing kind of reminds me of Superman Returns and or Batman Begins right now.

I'd too like to know why some are sure we are getting a trailer on April 20th? The truth is we don't know when a trailer is coming out. We could get it April 20th, before April 20th or with Iron Man 3 in May. Personally I'm guessing with Iron Man 3 in May but I'm not going to pretend that I know that. I'm thinking posters next month forsure though.

As always we will find things to talk about and somehow find things we dislike about a film we haven't seen yet.

Last edited by I SEE SPIDEY; 03-20-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Old 03-20-2013, 11:12 AM   #554
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElDuderino View Post
Remind me how we know that?
It's not completely "confirmed", but in January, there was a russian website that published the release dates of the 2013 movies trailers and it was right in both Iron Man 3 trailers and Obvilion trailer #2.

http://starkindustries.ru/news/2013-...4#.URbJ8qKFQrX

The same website told a new MOS and Thor 2 trailer are going to be released in April.

Also the tons of rumors and the fact there are just 2 months left to MOS release (from April). All those things makes us think it's almost confirmed.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:17 AM   #555
Kalonthar

Between Injustice and a new trailer in April, I'm not sure I'll last lol.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:23 AM   #556
DarthAlani
Side-Kick

WB needs to start promoting this film more due to the fact they are having a **** year so far. But we probably won't get the trailer until May with IM3, WB is determined to prove their way of marketing works.

This film is a damn reboot and needs to be promoted to the moon.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:25 AM   #557
Smallville13
Side-Kick

It's just occurred to me that Michael Shannon could have made a really great Lex Luthor.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:30 AM   #558
TheFlamingCoco
Side-Kick

^ But Micheal Shannon would make pretty much a great ANYTHING.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:46 AM   #559
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
It's just occurred to me that Michael Shannon could have made a really great Lex Luthor.
Shannon's name was thrown around heavily on here for Lex before he was cast as Zod.

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 03-20-2013, 11:46 AM   #560
ElDuderino
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomez147 View Post
It's not completely "confirmed", but in January, there was a russian website that published the release dates of the 2013 movies trailers and it was right in both Iron Man 3 trailers and Obvilion trailer #2.

http://starkindustries.ru/news/2013-...4#.URbJ8qKFQrX

The same website told a new MOS and Thor 2 trailer are going to be released in April.

Also the tons of rumors and the fact there are just 2 months left to MOS release (from April). All those things makes us think it's almost confirmed.
Right, yes, thanks.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:52 AM   #561
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Shannon's name was thrown around heavily on here for Lex before he was cast as Zod.
Yeah I can see why. His intimidating intensity in his roles. He could have done something pretty special with Lex. But we'll get it with Zod plus see him brawl with Russell Crowe so all good!

Old 03-20-2013, 11:53 AM   #562
Mace Bloodstone
Prospect

I'm dying for an action picture of Zod and Superman. Handcuffed, walking looking angry and posing with Lois on a cover isn't cutting it for me.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:54 AM   #563
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mace Bloodstone View Post
I'm dying for an action picture of Zod and Superman. Handcuffed, walking looking angry and posing with Lois on a cover isn't cutting it for me.
I guess his big 'official reveal' will be these character posters.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:59 AM   #564
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Yeah I can see why. His intimidating intensity in his roles. He could have done something pretty special with Lex. But we'll get it with Zod plus see him brawl with Russell Crowe so all good!
Definitely

Quote:
Yeah well aslong as he gets a reveal I'm happy. I mean I know the focus has to be on Clark but Zod's a pretty big deal and I think they should use his exposure. I can see him been a popular villain. Terrence Stamp's Zod was very well regarded back in the day.

Last edited by BH/HHH; 03-20-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:02 PM   #565
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhero 101 View Post
What if the movie opens up with destruction of krypton and once it explodes we see bearded Clark wake up from sleeping as if he were having a nightmare then we see him traveling around the world with flashbacks of him in smallville
Fishing guy: Dream?

Clark: Nightmare.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 03-20-2013, 12:17 PM   #566
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
Definitely

Yeah well aslong as he gets a reveal I'm happy. I mean I know the focus has to be on Clark but Zod's a pretty big deal and I think they should use his exposure. I can see him been a popular villain. Terrence Stamp's Zod was very well regarded back in the day.
I'd say his Zod is still well regarded. It was a fun yet interesting performance.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 03-20-2013, 12:30 PM   #567
Naite22
Side-Kick

Quote:
What's this talk about character posters??? Is this something that has been confirmed to happen?

Old 03-20-2013, 12:58 PM   #568
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I'd say his Zod is still well regarded. It was a fun yet interesting performance.
What I meant was it was well regarded before the internet and cosplay etc. Shannon's Zod could be extremley popular today.

Old 03-20-2013, 01:10 PM   #569
gomez147
You're not just anyone

I can feel a marketing-full May with TV Spots, featurettes, posters, toys, books, etc...

Old 03-20-2013, 01:16 PM   #570
geetard
The Amazon Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhero 101 View Post
What if the movie opens up with destruction of krypton and once it explodes we see bearded Clark wake up from sleeping as if he were having a nightmare then we see him traveling around the world with flashbacks of him in smallville
Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
Fishing guy: Dream?

Clark: Nightmare.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:23 PM   #571
Kevin Smith
Banned User

^^ lmfao ^^

Old 03-20-2013, 02:26 PM   #572
dark_b
Side-Kick

i dotn see what is funny about that. that would be bad if they would copy Batman Begins.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:33 PM   #573
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark_b View Post
i don't see what is funny about that. that would be bad if they would copy Batman Begins.
One of my worries is that the film will be nothing more than Batman Begins in a red cape.

Now regardless of how one feels about Begins one way or the other I think we can all agree that borrowing too much from Begins would be a mistake. Let this film be it's own thing.

...It's Batman and Superman, lets just be honest, I don't know how you get bigger than that--Zack Snyder.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:35 PM   #574
J-Sentius
Watch out, he's coconuts!

And when I travelled, I learnt the fear before a throw...and the thrill of a catch.
Fish aren't complicated, I just need to find out what they want.
My parents deserve justice..

Old 03-20-2013, 02:44 PM   #575
Mean Mr Mustard
Mighty Pirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sentius View Post
And when I travelled, I learnt the fear before a throw...and the thrill of a catch.
Fish aren't complicated, I just need to find out what they want.
My parents deserve justice..

Closed Thread