Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Ant-Man > Ant-Man

Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 01:48 PM   #251
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

Default Re: The Official Ant-Man News and Speculation Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfer View Post
That is what I was mentioning / questioning just a few quotes earlier, but are you stating it's a good possibility it will be included because of something you have heard or seen, or are you just thinking it makes sense that it might be included like I do.

Surfer

Also, even though this is far from any kind of confirmation as it was a while back and the individual may not be credible, but on Amazon's site for the MCU Box Set under product reviews there is an individual who claims that on 11/21/2012 that several news sources were stating that teasers for several marvel projects would be included in the box set and Ant Man was one of them listed. So, once again far from proof as I don't remember any news sources stating this specifically, but who knows I could have missed it maybe it has some truth to it. However, even if that is the case (no pun intended) things could have changed between the time they originally planned to release it and what we are getting now. Here is the link if you want to check it out, just scroll down a little until you reach the 11/21/2012.

http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Cinemat...owViewpoints=1

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 03-20-2013, 01:49 PM   #252
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
I want to see that quote on the poster. lol

Surfer
hahaha ME too!!! I may try to do that as a Fanposter like those Avengers silhouetted posters I did.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 03-20-2013, 02:07 PM   #253
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
I want to see that quote on the poster. lol

Surfer
def needs to be a tag line

Old 03-20-2013, 02:22 PM   #254
Guerrilla
Side-Kick

Quote:
Also, even though this is far from any kind of confirmation as it was a while back and the individual may not be credible, but on Amazon's site for the MCU Box Set under product reviews there is an individual who claims that on 11/21/2012 that several news sources were stating that teasers for several marvel projects would be included in the box set and Ant Man was one of them listed. So, once again far from proof as I don't remember any news sources stating this specifically, but who knows I could have missed it maybe it has some truth to it. However, even if that is the case (no pun intended) things could have changed between the time they originally planned to release it and what we are getting now. Here is the link if you want to check it out, just scroll down a little until you reach the 11/21/2012.

http://www.amazon.com/Marvel-Cinemat...owViewpoints=1

Surfer
Yeah, I was just agreeing with you. It seems like there would have to be a solid reason to sink any kind of money into test footage that has already played its part for the purposes of the studio. If they are "completing" effects on the test reel, its logical to assume that the purpose would be to either add it to the extras for avengers or maaaaaaaaaaaybe for some kind of end credits scene in phase 2!? I doubt that it would be for an end credit scene so....dvd extra makes the most sense.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #255
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Damn! Missed Test footage leak! saw pics though! I like the look of the suit!!!! Can't wait for this.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:56 PM   #256
MahvelBaby!
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by 747 View Post
Seeing the test footage really cemented this film as my most anticipated, well aside from Avengers 2, coming MCU film. Ant-Man inherently is a bit silly, but that's part of why he is so awesome to me.

Totally loved what I saw kick-ass, clever and fun!
Agree wholeheartedly about Ant Mans sillyness factor being why I love him, I just hope it's Hank now but I have faith in Marvel whatever direction they go it will be respectable.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:34 PM   #257
QBComics
Side-Kick

I'd take the link down, you're not supposed to link to bootleg videos.

Saw the footage last night. Thought it looked great. Cannot wait. Edgar Wright has yet to disappoint me.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:45 PM   #258
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

DO NOT post links to the Bootlegged footage IN the threads. THANKs

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 03-20-2013, 04:21 PM   #259
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
DO NOT post links to the Bootlegged footage IN the threads. THANKs
is there a particular reason why? I've always wondered lol

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 03-20-2013, 04:23 PM   #260
spideymouse
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Ummm...because studios don't put out test footage?? The final concept might not even look like this, why would they put out something that may end up having very little correlation with the finished product? That would just serve to create negative buzz.
Yeah, they would definitely not want to show any fans any test footage whatsoever this early in the ga-- oh wait, they DID, at Comic-Con, last year... and oh yeah, they did again, in London, last Thursday...

...and there was definitely negative buzz from those screenings for sure.

Old 03-20-2013, 04:32 PM   #261
DyeLorean
Cinemaphonic Quadrovision

'Leaked' stuff makes people even more interested. Maybe it's all part of a marketing strategy. Who knows.

Old 03-20-2013, 04:35 PM   #262
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
is there a particular reason why? I've always wondered lol
Mainly to show we don't allow bootlegging on the boards. lol
See IF the film company WANTED everyone to see it they would post it on-line. This test footage was to show Ant Man could be done to a select few people, not the public.

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Last edited by Vartha; 03-20-2013 at 05:11 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:39 PM   #263
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DyeLorean View Post
'Leaked' stuff makes people even more interested. Maybe it's all part of a marketing strategy. Who knows.
Yeah I don't get WHY they just don't allow the footage to remain on-line since it was shown at SDCC last year. Granted, like I said it was to a paticular audiance and it wasn't finished. (there was supposed to be visible wires and such)

I think more news is made because of the Leaked test footage getting online than the actual viewing lol

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 03-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #264
metaphysician
Side-Kick

Which might be one reason for them to not officially release it: the leaked stuff receives more attention. This would imply that a fair amount of "leaked" material is deliberately leaked, mind, even if they do put in efforts to clamp down on it afterwards ( you know, at the point when its already loose and impossible to truly remove anyway ).

Old 03-20-2013, 05:42 PM   #265
Ant-manic
Banned User

Quote:
then i hope that the next bit of leaked information involves the plot of the movie and/or who they are looking at to play the lead(s).

Old 03-20-2013, 05:57 PM   #266
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideymouse View Post
Yeah, they would definitely not want to show any fans any test footage whatsoever this early in the ga-- oh wait, they DID, at Comic-Con, last year... and oh yeah, they did again, in London, last Thursday...

...and there was definitely negative buzz from those screenings for sure.
Showing a handful of fans at comic-con does not equate to officially releasing it for MILLIONS to see. It's an unfinished product that may not look like that in the final film, it does not make business sense to officially release it. There is a reason companies do not put out test footage...because it is test footage, i.e. a concept at best. Releasing it and giving millions and possibly false impression of how the movie will be WOULD cause negative buzz after the final product is shown and it's nothing like a lot of people were expecting. This is not hard stuff to grasp.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:07 PM   #267
DyeLorean

Right. I guess "test footage" is only interesting to die hard fans. This kind of leaked stuff hardly gets big headlines, but it does bring a lot of word-of-mouth, specially in the comic-book circle.
I don't know much about marketing. But I showed the footage to a female friend and she said that not only it looks awesome, but she'll go watch the movie when it comes out. It provides anticipation which, with 2 more years ahead of us, I'm sure that footage will reach more people, just like my friend. And that's another ticket right there.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:39 PM   #268
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Quote:
Right. I guess "test footage" is only interesting to die hard fans. This kind of leaked stuff hardly gets big headlines, but it does bring a lot of word-of-mouth, specially in the comic-book circle.
I don't know much about marketing. But I showed the footage to a female friend and she said that not only it looks awesome, but she'll go watch the movie when it comes out. It provides anticipation which, with 2 more years ahead of us, I'm sure that footage will reach more people, just like my friend. And that's another ticket right there.
You're missing the point. It doesn't matter that it could generate interest, you just don't officially release test footage. It's not about whether or not only die hard fans are interested. You do not release an uncompleted product, it is counterintuitive.

Old 03-20-2013, 07:42 PM   #269
DyeLorean

I never said or talked about releasing it officially.
I think the way the footage found its way is actually fine, it works, it's good word-of-mouth for the movie.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:13 AM   #270
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Hey guys,

So I wrote a user editorial article speculating how I think Ant-Man is going to work within Phase 2 & 3. It's on the site that shall not be named, so I won't post the link here but I figure most of us frequent that site as well.

Go check it out if you've got a chance, it's all just purely ideas that I got bored and put together. I would spoiler tag it here but I figured it would just divert attention to everything else we've been chatting about here, so if anyone would like go read it and comment there and we can chat there

Okay well just wanted to interject that here, in case anyone was interested. Thanks and hope to see ya there!!

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 03-21-2013, 07:20 AM   #271
Brian Braddock
R.I.P. '96 Y.N.W.A.

Gutted that I missed the footage. It's probably still available on some small site somewhere, but I'm in work and my internet is largely restricted.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:45 AM   #272
ChukNoris
Experienced Bra Fitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Braddock View Post
Gutted that I missed the footage. It's probably still available on some small site somewhere, but I'm in work and my internet is largely restricted.
It was pretty....astonishing

I don't know if you saw the 'fan' video made off the top of an artists head, but the artist got it surprisingly close.

If you get a chance, check it out!

Old 03-21-2013, 09:41 AM   #273
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Braddock View Post
Vimeo still has it on their site.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 03-21-2013, 10:38 AM   #274
Surfer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
Hey guys,

So I wrote a user editorial article speculating how I think Ant-Man is going to work within Phase 2 & 3. It's on the site that shall not be named, so I won't post the link here but I figure most of us frequent that site as well.

Go check it out if you've got a chance, it's all just purely ideas that I got bored and put together. I would spoiler tag it here but I figured it would just divert attention to everything else we've been chatting about here, so if anyone would like go read it and comment there and we can chat there

Okay well just wanted to interject that here, in case anyone was interested. Thanks and hope to see ya there!!
mkilban, I read your article and you have some pretty good ideas on how it could play out, but of course it is still very early in the process and Marvel can still introduce these characters in any number of ways. So, I guess we will see.

Oh, and sorry it didn't post my response elsewhere, but I don't have an account over there despite using the site frequently.

Thanks for sharing!

Surfer

Old 03-21-2013, 01:17 PM   #275
Frico
Detective

I managed to catch the vid before it was taken down and although the quality wasn't great I was amazed how awesome it looked for test footage. Not only that but how giddy I felt watching it. I mean, it's ANT-MAN FFS lol. Not exactly a character I ever paid much attention to. But I liked what I saw.

I do it because of a reckless bat. I do it because it's justice for my parents. I do it because no one else will. But most of all...I do it because I have to. - Batman

Closed Thread