Closed Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 02:26 PM   #576
def28
Side-Kick

Default Re: Bryan Singer Directing X-Men: Days of Future Past - Part 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
you didnt get the point, Im afraid.

Gambit doesnt need to look 50 years old. As long as Taylor plays him, he will look older than Origins, and that should be fine.
I got the point Angamb I just disagree with you.

Kitsch will not look anywhere near like 35 years have gone by and will probably look very close to his age in Origins since he is still young. You wont be able to tell he has aged much if any at all.

Its the same as just ignoring Origins. Which I dont have a problem with. But trying to fit that character with their continuity and decade is a problem. Same with Emma.

Last edited by def28; 03-20-2013 at 02:54 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 02:35 PM   #577
JP
Smelly

Gambit should only be 15-20 years older. They could go with Josh Hollaway like LSD always wanted.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:39 PM   #578
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Gambit should only be 15-20 years older. They could go with Josh Hollaway like LSD always wanted.
I saw a few on here mention the actor who plays Jamie Lannister on GOT for Gambit. Both would be good choices.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:40 PM   #579
JP
Smelly

Nikolaj Coster-Waldau. He's definitely a hotter name nowadays than Hollaway.

Old 03-20-2013, 02:56 PM   #580
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

It wouldn't be more than worth it. I'm sorry, but Gambit looking as old as he did (in his 20's) would have to be pretty old(late 30s-40s) to make any sense. It just doesn't, and at this point a recast would make more sense than that would, unless you want an old Gambit running around. Which I do not.

They screwed up including him in Origins, and now they have to pay for it if they choose to include him. However, I think a time warp will change certain things anyway so I'm not worried.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:09 PM   #581
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I'd be glad with a time warp or some s**t.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Old 03-20-2013, 03:13 PM   #582
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
It wouldn't be more than worth it. I'm sorry, but Gambit looking as old as he did (in his 20's) would have to be pretty old(late 30s-40s) to make any sense. It just doesn't, and at this point a recast would make more sense than that would, unless you want an old Gambit running around. Which I do not.

They screwed up including him in Origins, and now they have to pay for it if they choose to include him. However, I think a time warp will change certain things anyway so I'm not worried.
all the respect guys, but I think some of you are a bit closed minded regarding Taylor Kitsch's Gambit appearing again.

its not a big deal, but I guess you arent interested to see Hugh/Taylor again on the big screen and Taylor joining original cast actors.

Its fine, everyone has their prefference. I just find it a bit sad.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #583
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 03-20-2013, 03:22 PM   #584
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
all the respect guys, but I think some of you are a bit closed minded regarding Taylor Kitsch's Gambit appearing again.

its not a big deal, but I guess you arent interested to see Hugh/Taylor again on the big screen and Taylor joining original cast actors.

If they are going to try to keep the continuity from getting more screwed up, and if they want to move forward with more films featuring the original cast, then they will more than likely cast Kitsch again. They can just say his mutant power slows down his ageing.

Or the story of DoFP could see Gambit plucked from the past into the future or whichever time period the films ends in.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:26 PM   #585
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:

Not really. I'm being open minded when I say that I can see Kitsch's Gambit appearing in a future X-Movie as his younger self due to a time warp or something.

What I am saying is that I'm not interested in seeing an older Gambit fighting alongside the X-Men just because Origins screwed up his story and chose to include him in such an early decade.

If you think that's sad, then so be it.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:34 PM   #586
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

Ugh this is why we need a reboot. There are so many characters that have been ruined, many of them fan favourites. If a lot of them were to return to the franchise it'll either be a continuity error (enraging fan boys and girls) or under less than ideal circumstances (i.e a Gambit in his 50s, enraging fan boys and girls).

Look at how many people were mad that Emma was in First Class.

Now imagine if we ever see Gambit, Psylocke, etc.

A reboot would be so freeing.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:42 PM   #587
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Lol, they really *****ed over Psylocke. But her death can be fixed too.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:42 PM   #588
Angamb
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
If they are going to try to keep the continuity from getting more screwed up, and if they want to move forward with more films featuring the original cast, then they will more than likely cast Kitsch again. They can just say his mutant power slows down his ageing.

Or the story of DoFP could see Gambit plucked from the past into the future or whichever time period the films ends in.
The issue is that its no really needed at all to make him an older Gambit.

I mean, there are many movies and tv shows that have the actors playing the same character but in different periods of time.

I said some posts ago, its called a cinematic Concession. Its fiction. Actors can play the same character in different periods of time. And very often their look dont use to change that much. appart from hair colour in some cases, or the clothes. Audience accepts it.

Audience IS used to it, but some users now feel that Fox cant do it with Gambit, because it would be wrong or something.

Taylor could play Gambit in 2016, for example, and we can accept that its an older Gambit, around 10-15 years older than Origins. Its not a big issue. He will look different, we dont need to see a 50 year old Gambit to enjoy the role and his performance.

If many movies and tv show can do it, and the audience accepted, Fox can do it with Gambit/Taylor. The audience will enjoy the role, whatever his supposed age was on Origins, which a huge part of the new audience didnt watch. so its not a big deal. Audience can love him, many fans can love him, many females can love him, critics can love him too. And thats the beautiful thing.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:43 PM   #589
Cagefighterkip
Mr. Golightly

I'd love to see Kitsch back, he was my favorite part of ORIGINS. They can easily age him through makeup or CGI. If Gambit's in DOFP and they recast I'll be sorely disappointed.

Children are not born conservative bigots. They're molded to become them by their elders. Let's leave the world a better place, people.

Love and let love. Live and let live. #NOH8
Old 03-20-2013, 03:43 PM   #590
Mad Ones
Bebe le Strange

Quote:
But EVERYTHING either needs to be changed/fixed/altered/ignored/etc for so many things to work.

DoFP needs to give us a completely new timeline that has no ties to the original so that we can actually see more characters and stories without adding to the continuity errors.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:45 PM   #591
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ones View Post
But EVERYTHING either needs be changes/fixed/altered/ignored/etc for so many things to work.

DoFP needs to give us a completely new timeline that has no ties to the original so that we can actually see more characters and stories without adding to the continuity errors.
Agreed.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:48 PM   #592
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
The issue is that its no really needed at all to make him an older Gambit.

I mean, there are many movies and tv shows that have the actors playing the same character but in different periods of time.

I said some posts ago, its called a cinematic Concession. Its fiction. Actors can play the same character in different periods of time. And very often their look dont use to change that much. appart from hair colour in some cases, or the clothes. Audience accepts it.

Audience IS used to it, but some users now feel that Fox cant do it with Gambit, because it would be wrong or something.

Taylor could play Gambit in 2016, for example, and we can accept that its an older Gambit, around 10-15 years older than Origins. Its not a big issue. He will look different, we dont need to see a 50 year old Gambit to enjoy the role and his performance.

If many movies and tv show can do it, and the audience accepted, Fox can do it with Gambit/Taylor. The audience will enjoy the role, whatever his supposed age was on Origins, which a huge part of the new audience didnt watch. so its not a big deal. Audience can love him, many fans can love him, many females can love him, critics can love him too. And thats the beautiful thing.

What are some examples of these movies and tv shows you're talking about?

Old 03-20-2013, 03:49 PM   #593
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Ones View Post
But EVERYTHING either needs to be changed/fixed/altered/ignored/etc for so many things to work.

I don't think they should completely ignore the originals(first 2 movies at least), but they definitely need to wipe most of the slate clean.

Old 03-20-2013, 03:52 PM   #594
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
I don't think they should completely ignore the originals(first 2 movies at least), but they definitely need to wipe most of the slate clean.
Its probably gonna be all or nothing. It will seem a bit contrived since the OT are all close togther to only cut X3.
Alt Timeline would equal anything past the changing incident (70s) is different.

Last edited by def28; 03-20-2013 at 03:56 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:01 PM   #595
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
In fairness, though, her role was reduced during production, with script changes removing a scene where she fired her psi-blades. They did intend to do more with the character originally.

Dunno why Ratner chose to kill her off though. The camera panned away from her as she, Arclight and Quill dashed down that corridor, but someone posted a freeze-frame from the movie that showed that she was also disintegrated.

However, her role was so minimal that she can be recast easily and we can believe the X3 version was Kwannon or Revanche or something.

Old 03-20-2013, 04:50 PM   #596
Manic X
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
How are they gonna bring Gambit back into modern times unless they time warp him or some **** in this film? He would be in his late 50s/60s.
How so? Cyclops and Gambit in origins looked to be about 5 years apart in age.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:14 PM   #597
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manic X View Post
How so? Cyclops and Gambit in origins looked to be about 5 years apart in age.
The same reason they didnt have James Marsden play young Cyclops. You need to show a difference. That was only a 20 year difference between the two and they still used a younger actor. Gambit will be even longer age gap before he gets back in the series, at the least 35. Its all a cluster ****. Like X Maniac said if its an age slowing thing that could work.

Kitsch wont look that much different until another 10 years.

Last edited by def28; 03-20-2013 at 05:26 PM.
Old 03-20-2013, 05:19 PM   #598
Manic X
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
The same reason they didnt have James Marsden play young Cyclops. You need to show a difference.

Its all a cluster ****. Like X Maniac
That's true. If they need to recast, so be it. But age wise, there's no problem with having Gambit join the 'present' day xmen. Someone slightly older than Marsden would be fine.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:19 PM   #599
JP
Smelly

He's asking WHY would Gambit have to be in his 50's/60's?

He wasn't in his 40's in XOW. He was a young guy. Could have easily been 18.

They could cast an actor the around the same age as Marsden and that would be just fine.

Old 03-20-2013, 05:25 PM   #600
Great Mind(s)
Broken

Or use time travel to acquire him. Or put him in the next First Class sequel. Keep Rogue stuck in the 70s or something.

Closed Thread