Default Re: Avengers Alliance

anyone got Punisher and is he worth it?

Old 03-20-2013, 05:50 PM   #952
Hellion
He's Not Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetWarrior View Post
Along with Cable and (soon) X-23. That's why they're (ridiculously) priced so high at 135 CP.
Already got Cable which is why I left him off.

Looking at your list...How's Ghost Rider?

Quote:
anyone got Punisher and is he worth it?
Seconded...I'm tempted to pick him up!

Quote:
I don't have enough coins to keep training the heroes. I have to farm them and it takes a while to get to 100.000 or 200.000.
Still have a good number to train, and but got some out of the way.

I'd like to see henchman summons as you know---a buyable pack of hand ninjas or aim scientists (or the random goons in each chapter) to summon as a one turn attack---and some more of the villains/bosses to recruit...I'm looking at Bullseye, Elektra, MODOK, and Abomination.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:57 PM   #953
zenith16
Side-Kick

I've been busy with another marvel game that in the works so that's why I haven't been talking much, But to those I have buddied up with for this don't worry I'm still sending you what you need. Oh they sent hints last night on Face book that the Black knight is on his way. he's up next as the next Hero.

Old 03-20-2013, 06:57 PM   #954
StreetWarrior
Respectfully disagreeing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion View Post
Already got Cable which is why I left him off.

Looking at your list...How's Ghost Rider?

Seconded...I'm tempted to pick him up!

Still have a good number to train, and but got some out of the way.

I'd like to see henchman summons as you know---a buyable pack of hand ninjas or aim scientists (or the random goons in each chapter) to summon as a one turn attack---and some more of the villains/bosses to recruit...I'm looking at Bullseye, Elektra, MODOK, and Abomination.
Ghost Rider is absolutely amazing in PVP (and the missions in general) but he really needs all of his powers unlocked before he becomes an absolute tank. His defense is okay but, offensively, he's absolutely insane. His second move, Penance Stare, deals a huge amount of damage based upon how many "sin" counters an opponent has (sin counters are gained anytime an opponent takes a combat action - whether defensively or offensively). Additionally, his final attack is a free attack that increases Ghost Rider's strength for each Sin counter on an opponent. Long story short, I've dealt over 77,000 damage to a single opponent in PVP with Penance Stare, a psychic attack that ignores all defenses/shields/dodges except for those that protect against psychic attacks.

Punisher is good but not great. His ability to change to any class and wide variety of attacks (12+) make him extremely versatile in the missions. I doubt he's going to be much use in PVP though. Much like Cable, he's a little too unpredictable and doesn't have any "amazing" abilities/attacks. That said, Frank's always been my favorite character so purchasing him was a no brainer for me.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:22 PM   #955
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenith16 View Post
I've been busy with another marvel game that in the works so that's why I haven't been talking much, But to those I have buddied up with for this don't worry I'm still sending you what you need. Oh they sent hints last night on Face book that the Black knight is on his way. he's up next as the next Hero.
Looks like he'll be the next PVP season hero. When they announced him at last year's NYCC, he was shown as part of the British Invasion. They've released Psylocke and Captain Britain already, so I'd imagine Union Jack is not far behind.

Others that need to be released after being shown at NYCC: Vision, Damion Hellstrom, Doctor Voodoo, Moon Knight, and Red Hulk.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:31 PM   #956
Hellion
He's Not Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetWarrior View Post
Ghost Rider is absolutely amazing in PVP (and the missions in general) but he really needs all of his powers unlocked before he becomes an absolute tank. His defense is okay but, offensively, he's absolutely insane. His second move, Penance Stare, deals a huge amount of damage based upon how many "sin" counters an opponent has (sin counters are gained anytime an opponent takes a combat action - whether defensively or offensively). Additionally, his final attack is a free attack that increases Ghost Rider's strength for each Sin counter on an opponent. Long story short, I've dealt over 77,000 damage to a single opponent in PVP with Penance Stare, a psychic attack that ignores all defenses/shields/dodges except for those that protect against psychic attacks.

Punisher is good but not great. His ability to change to any class and wide variety of attacks (12+) make him extremely versatile in the missions. I doubt he's going to be much use in PVP though. Much like Cable, he's a little too unpredictable and doesn't have any "amazing" abilities/attacks. That said, Frank's always been my favorite character so purchasing him was a no brainer for me.
That's what appeals to me (about Punisher).

If they ever re-offer Ghost Rider, I'll try to pick him up.

The only thing I'm loving about the Premium and Spec-Ops missions is the experience gained from them ---these were my 1st Premium and Spec-ops so far, I'm leveling up most of my heroes like crazy---only ones I haven't been able to I've been using for the Flight Deck. I just wish I had the points to keep up with the leveling up.

I noticed yesterday in the collections menu, the magnetic lockboxes has a coming soon slot under the Mag's boxes, coming soon with specs op 8. Anybody have any news on that?

Cyke still needs training, he'll be last because he'll drain most of my silver.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #957
zenith16
Side-Kick

I already started upgrading my jets so I don't have to worry about silver that much. but maybe they should have done with the p5 what they did with cable not the drain life thing but the amount of ability's they are able or should be able to do. they are capable of so much more.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:11 AM   #958
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

The new Nightcrawler alts are out and they really do help him. NC now has protection and counterattack abilities. Plus, all his attacks now cause bleeding.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:18 AM   #959
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
Fantomex was just announced to be joining:
Fantomex will be the next PVP hero for Adamantium players, and the season will start in about 12 hours or so.

Btw, I spent gold to recruit CB after reading how amazing he is, and right before the season starts Playdom nerfed him. If I had known that I'd have use that 90 CP for other things instead.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 03-21-2013, 02:26 AM   #960
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Fantomex will be the next PVP hero for Adamantium players, and the season will start in about 12 hours or so.

Btw, I spent gold to recruit CB after reading how amazing he is, and right before the season starts Playdom nerfed him. If I had known that I'd have use that 90 CP for other things instead.
The new PVP trench coats for agents are now white, instead of the usual black.

Old 03-21-2013, 10:57 AM   #961
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webfoot Hero View Post
The new Nightcrawler alts are out and they really do help him. NC now has protection and counterattack abilities. Plus, all his attacks now cause bleeding.
That's good to know, that's a must get for me then alongside the couple of heroes that i need to finish SO. The lack of isos is really hurting me atm

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 03-21-2013, 11:00 AM   #962
Hellion
He's Not Serious

Picked up the Nightcrawler suit, just think the extra buffs/stats/abilities most alts provide can be helpful (especially in PVP) and a good investment...

I think for PVP, I'll use my team from last time (Cyclops and Phoenix) and I'll try out Invisible Woman and Human Torch...(my only opponents almost, from the previous PVP)...and if I can level them up Pym and Magneto as a team.

Old 03-21-2013, 11:04 AM   #963
Morg
Gotta dance...
SHH! Global Moderator

Invisible Woman in PvP is worthless, I always can beat her

Old 03-21-2013, 12:01 PM   #964
Hellion
He's Not Serious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morg View Post
Invisible Woman in PvP is worthless, I always can beat her
The Force Field, and Reactive Shields/Share The Future, can be a pain.

Old 03-21-2013, 02:23 PM   #965
Morg
Gotta dance...
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
The Force Field, and Reactive Shields/Share The Future, can be a pain.
never have trouble dealing with it

Old 03-21-2013, 04:44 PM   #966
Hellion
He's Not Serious

So started PVP, my main team will be Future Foundation IW and Annihilus HT, they have some good buffs/abilities. How goes the PVP for everyone else? I actually had a few non-IW and HT opponents, had a couple matches with Captain Britain. I remember a page or two back everyone said what a beast CB was, one Fireball from HT took him out (in both matches) and his move set wasn't too impressive. I mean myself and the other side(s) had fairly similar stats...has CB been nerfed?...If so, I'll put picking him up on the back burner.

I'm getting close to getting the Ch. 1 mastery weapon, is it a good weapon? And what weapons is everyone using?

Old 03-21-2013, 05:05 PM   #967
Bim
Side-Kick

Oh hell no, again already!? I'm not even done with SO yet

If Jack Bauer joined the Rebel Alliance, 24 hours later there would be no Empire :p
Old 03-21-2013, 05:28 PM   #968
zenith16
Side-Kick

I know some people might think me weird for this but I think the onlything of interest to me is the trench coat. sorry to say. i hold back on this for a bit.

Old 03-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #969
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
So started PVP, my main team will be Future Foundation IW and Annihilus HT, they have some good buffs/abilities. How goes the PVP for everyone else? I actually had a few non-IW and HT opponents, had a couple matches with Captain Britain. I remember a page or two back everyone said what a beast CB was, one Fireball from HT took him out (in both matches) and his move set wasn't too impressive. I mean myself and the other side(s) had fairly similar stats...has CB been nerfed?...If so, I'll put picking him up on the back burner.

I'm getting close to getting the Ch. 1 mastery weapon, is it a good weapon? And what weapons is everyone using?
Yeah, CB has been nerfed; his Smash now only has 40% stun, instead of the original 60%. I'm not using him in my PVP team yet since he is only level 7, but once he's up to speed at level 9 I'll put him in. I might get the alt of Wolverine, Phoenix, or NC to help him out, though, or just use Emma Frost again (despite her recent nerf).

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Old 03-21-2013, 07:41 PM   #970
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

I'm using a Scrapper agent, Dr. Strange and Beast. It's the first time I'm using Beast in a tournament and he is proving to be really helpful. I only fought 7 times so far, but won 5 of those.

Old 03-21-2013, 11:05 PM   #971
Raiden
RIP Robin Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jick09 View Post
I'm using a Scrapper agent, Dr. Strange and Beast. It's the first time I'm using Beast in a tournament and he is proving to be really helpful. I only fought 7 times so far, but won 5 of those.
Too dangerous to use scrappers right now thanks to CB, X-23, and bruiser agents.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:53 AM   #972
Pepsiguy2
Snyder Worshipper

Just got a PC to play this game. Is it too late to jump in?

Old 03-22-2013, 09:55 AM   #973
Jick09
Auxiliary Assistant

Quote:
Too dangerous to use scrappers right now thanks to CB, X-23, and bruiser agents.
I fought a team using CB, but I could handle it more easily, this time. With his stun attack, he only stunned my Dr. Strange. However, if I meet more bruisers, then I'll just switch to my Blaster suit.

Old 03-22-2013, 10:15 AM   #974
Bim
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepsiguy2 View Post
Just got a PC to play this game. Is it too late to jump in?
Never too late, welcome

Old 03-22-2013, 11:21 AM   #975
Hellion
He's Not Serious

Quote:
Anybody got X-23?

Rethinking my PVP strategy, who is a good counter to Dr. Strange?