The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 11:38 PM   #876
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Default Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol Clips and Thunder ****ting the bed on the same night.

Old 03-20-2013, 04:45 PM   #877
JaD
Thriller Night

There was a lot of hype surrounding the Timberwolves this year and I was rooting for them to be a sleeper hit and sneak into the playoffs too but man, 23 wins? What a disappointing season for them. At the same time they were all kinds of bruised and battered up this year.

"Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
James Dean
Old 03-20-2013, 08:20 PM   #878
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Well this was unexpected....

Old 03-20-2013, 08:46 PM   #879
Mr. Dent
Banned User

This Hea/Cas game has been crazy, even more crazy than Heat/Boston. A fan ran out on the court lol.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:14 PM   #880
Mister J
Say 'Cheese'!
SHH! Global Moderator

Why not just take care of business from the start? Why just **** with me like that?

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:15 PM   #881
Donut
Side-Kick

That is how any team named Miami rolls

Old 03-20-2013, 09:18 PM   #882
JaD
Thriller Night

2 epic Miami games in a row, just too much to take dude.

Leaky scoreboards, crazy fans running onto the court, LeBron heat checks, and epic 27 point comebacks. Whew. I'm exhausted.

James Dean
Old 03-20-2013, 09:24 PM   #883
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Those 3 back to back 3s by Lebron was insane. I like how he just stood there after the second and looked into the stands.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:26 PM   #884
Mister J
Say 'Cheese'!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Those 3 back to back 3s by Lebron was insane. I like how he just stood there after the second and looked into the stands.

So when you find yourself locked onto an unpleasant train of thought, heading for the places in your past where the screaming is unbearable, remember there’s always madness. Madness is the emergency exit… you can just step outside, and close the door on all those dreadful things that happened. You can lock them away… forever.
Old 03-20-2013, 09:30 PM   #885
The Guardian
Forever In Darkness

Awesome Re: 2012/2013 NBA thread: This thread is POSSIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WOW, JUST WOW, what a game, incredible comeback by the Heat! I almost had a heart attack watching this game lol. Way to go guys, but damn do you have to cut it so damn close lol? 24 in a row baby!

Old 03-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #886
JaD
Thriller Night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dent View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister J View Post
This one reminded me of his crazy heat check against the Bucks when he went on a tear for like 3 minutes straight. 3 after 3 after 3 after 3.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Fast forward to 2:22 for the similar standing tall 3 and eyeing the crowd but the whole run was insane. His teammates swarmed him when the Bucks finally called timeout

James Dean
Old 03-20-2013, 10:01 PM   #887
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Lebron officially has Mamba blood lol. Back to back clutch performances. Insane. I just hope the Heat don't continue digging these huge holes.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:04 PM   #888
Mr. Dent
Banned User

lol OKC losing to Memphis and Denver back to back. Heat and Thunder heading in completely different directions lol.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:18 PM   #889
BatSpider
Not an S

Heat-Nuggets Finals. Mark it down.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:23 PM   #890
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Damn LeGod, when you gonna take a break?

Seriously, that clutch talk has been history for awhile, but if any detractor still holds doubts... yeah, tonight should shut you up. LJ just tore Cleveland's donor heart out in the nastiest way possible -- by giving Cleveland false hope again.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 03-20-2013, 10:33 PM   #891
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

Lebron has no flaws now. He used to be a mediocre 3 point shooter and disappear in the clutch, but now he's sniping threes and closing games like it ain't no thang.

Lebron is literally the perfect basketball player.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:37 PM   #892
Mr. Dent
Banned User

Teams are 6-2,013 in the last 15 seasons coming back from 27 down in the second half lmao.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:54 PM   #893
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarTiger View Post
Lebron has no flaws now. He used to be a mediocre 3 point shooter and disappear in the clutch, but now he's sniping threes and closing games like it ain't no thang.

I don't care what people say, but even if LeBron doesn't get six rings he still might end up surpassing Jordan. He's the most complete player in the game and he's dominating in such a fashion that 'godly' is the only way to describe him at times.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Old 03-20-2013, 11:01 PM   #894
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
I'd say he has the perfect basketball player mentality. But this was one of those games where he should've came out and put his foot on their neck in the first half. Instead, he was cold and decided to fall back, which is cool & commendable.

But TBH, Shane Battier might be the "timeliest" player I've ever seen. Since the postseason last year, he has a knack of hitting the big shot at the exact time it's needed, making the perfect defensive play at the right moment. He's an irritant in the nicest way possible, and always there when something is needed the most.

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 03-20-2013, 11:36 PM   #895
BatSpider
Not an S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Samson View Post
I'd say he has the perfect basketball player mentality. But this was one of those games where he should've came out and put his foot on their neck in the first half. Instead, he was cold and decided to fall back, which is cool & commendable.

But TBH, Shane Battier might be the "timeliest" player I've ever seen. Since the postseason last year, he has a knack of hitting the big shot at the exact time it's needed, making the perfect defensive play at the right moment. He's an irritant in the nicest way possible, and always there when something is needed the most.
Why thank you

Old 03-20-2013, 11:55 PM   #896
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
I don't care what people say, but even if LeBron doesn't get six rings he still might end up surpassing Jordan. He's the most complete player in the game and he's dominating in such a fashion that 'godly' is the only way to describe him at times.
Don't know about that. If MJ was doing what he did back then now in the social media age, people would be going even more bananas. 6 for 6 when it comes to championships with six final MVPs.

I think Lebron will end up top 5 for sure when everything is said and done. If he wins 5 or 6 rings he might be widely considered the 2nd best player of all time. But the fact that MJ never lost in the finals, and never even let a finals get to a game 7 is seriously impressive.

Doesn't take anything away from Lebron though.

Old 03-21-2013, 12:09 AM   #897
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
Don't know about that. If MJ was doing what he did back then now in the social media age, people would be going even more bananas. 6 for 6 when it comes to championships with six final MVPs.

I think Lebron will end up top 5 for sure when everything is said and done. If he wins 5 or 6 rings he might be widely considered the 2nd best player of all time. But the fact that MJ never lost in the finals, and never even let a finals get to a game 7 is seriously impressive.

If he would've hung around, he might have. There's no doubt in my mind Hakeem would of been the best player he ever faced in a Finals. And no Center in Bulls history would come close to having an answer. No disrespect to Patrick Ewing, Mutumbo, Mourning, Shaq or any of those guys. But none of them could do anything with the Dream either. MJ running through them isn't exactly the same feat...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatSpider View Post
Why thank you

Sheesh. Well, never said the man was much of a looker...

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 03-21-2013, 12:55 AM   #898
Mister J
Say 'Cheese'!
SHH! Global Moderator

Bulls/Rockets mid-90s Finals would have been pretty interesting.
Quote:

Old 03-21-2013, 01:02 AM   #899
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:

Jordan had one of the greatest teams ever assembled with one of the greatest coaches in basketball history at the helm. LeBron's legacy will always be viewed as a 'disappointment' during his early years but James was the only reason why Cleveland even made to the playoffs and finals. Granted, his mental state was questionable during that era and he wasn't a true leader, but let's not forget that while Jordan was a fierce competitor in his younger years he too was criticized for his lack of maturity and leadership intangibles. Six titles erased all that.

(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Old 03-21-2013, 01:04 AM   #900
Hound55
Byfar The Most Evil Thing

Quote:
If he would've hung around, he might have. There's no doubt in my mind Hakeem would of been the best player he ever faced in a Finals. And no Center in Bulls history would come close to having an answer. No disrespect to Patrick Ewing, Mutumbo, Mourning, Shaq or any of those guys. But none of them could do anything with the Dream either. MJ running through them isn't exactly the same feat...

Sheesh. Well, never said the man was much of a looker...
93-94 I think they would have been fine.

Cartwright was one of the best, most consistent defenders in the league when it came to defending against specifically Hakeem.

He'd probably have done better than Ewing and certainly would have done better than Shaq and that would have been more than enough.

16,18, not much difference mentally or physically. It's a number over there. Here however it's the difference between mid life crisis with hot chicks with daddy issues and pound me in the ass prison. - Anubis

More Anubis' greatest hits:
"Families are Gods way of teaching us to get along with people we don't particularly like."
Closed Thread