The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Old 03-14-2013, 11:10 AM   #1
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Default Do not scan and post complete articles from magazines

A notice to everyone.....

Scanning of entire articles will not be allowed. Mirko (the owner of SHH) has received legal notices that this is copyright infringement. You can post parts of articles or links to them.....but if you scan an entire article and post it, we will have to delete it.

C. Lee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:43 PM   #2
jthom19802
Side-Kick

Default Re: Do not scan and post complete articles from magazines

If someone types fast and has 10 minutes to kill, may we transcribe the entire content of the article and just post it here as a typical post with no imagery?

jthom19802 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 10:50 PM   #3
C. Lee
I'm not old, I'm ancient
SHH! Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthom19802 View Post
If someone types fast and has 10 minutes to kill, may we transcribe the entire content of the article and just post it here as a typical post with no imagery?
For now, I will say that is OK to do. If I find out different later, the post will be removed, but no other actions taken against the poster.

C. Lee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 07:08 AM   #4
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthom19802 View Post
If you are commenting on or critiquing an article, novel, short story, etc., ďfair useĒ guidelines allow you to quote sections of the work. But in these situations, the amount of original content (e.g., your critique) should be greater than the quoted material. If itís not (especially if youíre using a few token comments as an excuse to quote the entire work) then youíre probably on thin ice, copyright-wise.

On blogs and such, it seems permissible to quote the first few paragraphs of an article - provided that you then post a link to the remainder (the majority). This acknowledges the author and the copyright. If you canít provide a link (because the article/work isnít online) and scan or retype the entire article, Iíd guess this would be a copyright violation.

Iím not a lawyer, so take the above with a grain of salt. But I believe itís generally accurate.

Dr. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 02:53 AM   #5
Stephen Harmon
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. View Post
If you are commenting on or critiquing an article, novel, short story, etc., ďfair useĒ guidelines allow you to quote sections of the work. But in these situations, the amount of original content (e.g., your critique) should be greater than the quoted material. If itís not (especially if youíre using a few token comments as an excuse to quote the entire work) then youíre probably on thin ice, copyright-wise.

On blogs and such, it seems permissible to quote the first few paragraphs of an article - provided that you then post a link to the remainder (the majority). This acknowledges the author and the copyright. If you canít provide a link (because the article/work isnít online) and scan or retype the entire article, Iíd guess this would be a copyright violation.

Iím not a lawyer, so take the above with a grain of salt. But I believe itís generally accurate.
Agreed.

Stephen Harmon is offline   Reply With Quote