DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 03-19-2013, 07:00 PM   #677
Rob3880
Side-Kick

Default Re: Marvel Legends, Selects, Universe- Thread - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
trust me, her face looks cheap as hell in person. it's easily one of hasbro's worst. the Hulk line and f4 line especially are full of some of the cheapest looking figures
The F4 line is bad, huh? I'm glad I heard that before I went and spent a lot of money on that Invisible Woman.

If you were to put together the best FF, what would you go with? The two twin-packs ?

Old 03-19-2013, 07:05 PM   #678
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob3880 View Post
The F4 line is bad, huh? I'm glad I heard that before I went and spent a lot of money on that Invisible Woman.
that sue is horrible.

if you want a good sue, you need the two pack of her and johnny. that's the best sue they've ever made.

the sculpt on the F4ML Reed is fantastic (long and stretchy) but i personally prefer the darkblue/lightblue combos of the team... so for my perfect team i use

-ML 2 pack Invisible Woman
-ML 2 pack Reed Richards
-TBML2 - Thing
- and i may currently be using my ML 2 pack johnny.. i can't remember which i have out at the house.

[=]
Old 03-19-2013, 07:07 PM   #679
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

the only decent figures in the F4ML line is Moleman (though sorely needed a good wash on the figure, his paint job is non-existent) , Silver Surfer, Ronan, and until MLEpicHeroes Doom

the rest are pretty crappy

[=]
Old 03-19-2013, 07:12 PM   #680
Rob3880
Side-Kick

Quote:
that sue is horrible.

if you want a good sue, you need the two pack of her and johnny. that's the best sue they've ever made.

the sculpt on the F4ML Reed is fantastic (long and stretchy) but i personally prefer the darkblue/lightblue combos of the team... so for my perfect team i use

-ML 2 pack Invisible Woman
-ML 2 pack Reed Richards
-TBML2 - Thing
- and i may currently be using my ML 2 pack johnny.. i can't remember which i have out at the house.
Yeah, I love that 2-pack Johnny, the face sculpt is awesome, and the fire effects are just subtle enough to make it look just right. Too bad the Reed in the 2-pack doesn't have the stretched torso, that does look cool. What is it with the Invisible Woman? They just can't seem to make the right figure for her. The twin pack one isn't terrible, but there's something a little off.. Like the body isn't tight enough or something. Maybe that's supposed to be "haven't quite lost the baby weight yet" Invisible Woman. I saw a movie version that would be perfect, except it was a little too small, so I guess twin-pack is the way to go.

Old 03-19-2013, 07:20 PM   #681
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

the 2-pack is pretty spot on imo..

the rest were complete garbage before it and i used invisible movie sue for the longest tie...

but, sue is a "milf" so she shouldn't have the body of a 20 year old imo

[=]
Old 03-19-2013, 07:20 PM   #682
Rob3880
Side-Kick

I put a bid on a Sue & Johnny 2-pack. Ends in 2 hours. Price is at $30.00 right now. Hopefully it won't go much higher.

Old 03-20-2013, 09:08 PM   #683
Rob3880
Side-Kick

Believe it or not, I think I'm ready to start opening my ML's. Been giving it a lot of thought, and now that I have enough figures overall (like 175) and enough of the big BAF's, I think I'm ready to start a big display going. Plus, I would rather start paying loose prices for some of the more expensive figures I have yet to acquire. Anyone got any words of advice? specifically, what's good to use for backgrounds? And what's the best way to do flight poses? I wish there was a place that you can get flight stands in bulk. I was hoping someone on Ebay would have a lot of 10 or something like that. I'm anxious to see them built, so I think I'm going to start with the Giant Man, Apocalypse, and Galactus waves.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:37 PM   #684
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

I use alot of fishingline and thumb tacks . I don't currently use backdrops but i use quite alot of bases and props

Check my fig thread out if you want any ideas

Old 03-20-2013, 11:21 PM   #685
MangleBoP
Unemployed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomed_hero View Post
kinda a little annoyed cyclops is in a Wolverine series since Logan is awesome and Cyclops is a hypocrite,
There ya go, fixed it for you.

Old 03-20-2013, 11:31 PM   #686
Doomed_hero
Side-Kick

since this is a action figure thread dont want to really start a debate but. logans mind: "i am taken over forced to kill till am stopped and in some cases saved by cyclops and other x-men. but its ok, it wasnt really me i was taken over. But Cyclops killed one person while taken over, well he deserves to die." like i said hypocrite

Old 03-21-2013, 12:11 AM   #687
MangleBoP
Unemployed

"The Phoenix is here to save the mutant race, but instead I'm going to use it to declare myself ruler of Earth, let Illyana throw Avengers into a section of Hell, murder my father figure, make everyone hate mutants more than ever, and then bust out of jail so I can open a new school named after the man I killed, to train young mutants as soldiers, in direct defiance of that man's dream, instead of serving my time for my crimes against humanity, which I've already admitted were my own damn fault, and not the result of mind control, possession, feral rage, or anything other than my own ego."

Yeah, awesome.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:39 AM   #688
Rob3880
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by MangleBoP View Post
"The Phoenix is here to save the mutant race, but instead I'm going to use it to declare myself ruler of Earth, let Illyana throw Avengers into a section of Hell, murder my father figure, make everyone hate mutants more than ever, and then bust out of jail so I can open a new school named after the man I killed, to train young mutants as soldiers, in direct defiance of that man's dream, instead of serving my time for my crimes against humanity, which I've already admitted were my own damn fault, and not the result of mind control, possession, feral rage, or anything other than my own ego."

Yeah, awesome.
End of argument.

Look, I was never a big Cyclops fan growing up... I thought he was a self-righteous little prick a lot of the time. Then, not long after he hooked up with Emma, he grew some balls, and finally became the rational, confident leader he was supposed to be. But from the minute word of the Phoenix came, he became totally irrational. How could he of all people, after everything that happened to Jean, believe the Phoenix could be a force of anything BUT evil. He suddenly became something of a "religious zealot", so to speak, unable to think rationally, or listen to anyone else. It was a total shift of character that I really didn't quite buy.. But anyway, he deserves whatever he gets for his actions of the last year. It sucks that he went from a character that I was finally able to love after 25 years of reading, to one I have to hate again.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:41 AM   #689
Rob3880
Side-Kick

Quote:
I use alot of fishingline and thumb tacks . I don't currently use backdrops but i use quite alot of bases and props

Check my fig thread out if you want any ideas
Will do, bud. Thanks.

Old 03-21-2013, 08:49 AM   #690
Rob3880
Side-Kick

So... As a warmup I opened up all my Matell DC figures first.. So awesome! It's so much better messing around with fully articulated figures, as opposed to my Marvel Selects which basically just stand there (and not well, those things fall over constantly)and can't be put in many action poses at all. And these DC figures don't even come close to the ML articulation. I'm going to have fun with these. So are the capes on the ML figures as big of a pain in the ass as with the DC figs? Posing Batman and Superman is kind of a pain cuz the capes get in the way of everything. I say bring back the removable cloth capes like we had back in the day with the Superpowers line.

Old 03-25-2013, 09:19 PM   #691
Rob3880
Side-Kick

Hey, I was wondering if anyone knew if the Series 5 Nick Fury has a ball jointed head that can be popped off pretty easily? I want to get a whole bunch of Shield agents, but the one from the 2-pack is expensive and not too plentiful.. The series 5 Fury on the other hand is dirt cheap loose and all over the place.. I would like to make two extra Shield agents with the extra heads that come with the 2 packs, and I'll be getting the Ronin/Elektra 2 pack eventually and could use the Barton head and the Tony Stark heads from his 2 packs as well. I'd like to make atleast a squad of half a dozen or so. I figure as long as the Series 5 Fury is on a ball joint, it'll be workable one way or another. So what do you guys think ? Doable?

Old 03-25-2013, 09:48 PM   #692
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

The ml fury is a little larger than the 2 pack so you'd have to be very careful finding heads that'd look good on that body

Old 04-15-2013, 04:56 PM   #693
slim_summers
Mutant Revolutionary

ROML wave 3 variants finally showing on ebay - white doom and moonstar so far

Old 04-15-2013, 05:19 PM   #694
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

oh? Moonstar finally showed? I know Deadpool and Doom have showed up (the variants) but Moonstar would be the first running change to show up (thank goodness)

[=]
Old 04-15-2013, 05:22 PM   #695
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dani-Moonsta...item19db4d9809

i found her. wonder how legit it is... i hate seeing promo-like photos like this...

it also appears that maybe the line was delayed to actually give her proper accessories? I thought she was going to go with the "massive guns" route like mystique and that one issue of her when she's heavily armed... kinda glad they decided not to do this.

[=]
Old 04-15-2013, 09:31 PM   #696
Rob3880
Side-Kick

Sweet. I'm going to be all over those like white on rice.

Old 04-19-2013, 11:02 AM   #697
Rob3880
Side-Kick

Okay, so I was trying to figure out what past and present members of the Avengers have yet to get a Marvel Legends scale figure... It would be awesome if one day we could all have displays featuring every card carrying member of the greatest collection of super heroes ever assembled. I'm talking main Avengers teams.. No Great Lakes Avengers or all those 50 state initiative teams after Civil War. Avengers, Avengers West Coast, or New Avengers. Now I have to admit I didn't become a huge Avengers fan until the Johns/Busiek days... I've gone back and read all the classics,and all of the Englehart run, but I don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of every era. Off the top of my head I can think of :
Mockingbird
Jarvis
Rick Jones (one of the most important characters in Marvel's history, we need a figure!)
Mantis
Swordsman
Starfox
Monica Rambeau
Sersi
Crystal
Jack of Hearts
Captain Britain (chick version)

Am I missing anyone? I know a lot of these are pipe-dreams, but I think Rick Jones, Jarvis, Mockingbird, and Jack of Hearts are absolutely must-haves.. I know Rick Jones is more a civilian overall, but look at his history, all of the characters he was somewhat of a sidekick too, the fact he was Bucky for a time. He needs a figure. Jarvis goes without saying as well. We have an Alfred figure on the DC side, why don't we have a Jarvis? Mockingbird seems like just a matter of time, especially since she has a MU figure now. Jack of Hearts would look pretty awesome as a figure. What characters do you guys want? What characters make your Avengers set-up feel incomplete?

Old 04-20-2013, 09:17 AM   #698
Spider-Jay420
Welcome Back Peter Parker

Triathalon? If Mantis came in her GOTG outfit I'd get her, and maybe Sersi.

Quote:
you've got some really good poses in there man. *congrats*
Quote:
Originally Posted by BizarroAids View Post
SpideyJay.....I've said it before and I'll say it again...Nice ass display! They look sweet, man.
Old 04-28-2013, 06:34 AM   #699
slim_summers
Mutant Revolutionary

new redpool showed up briefly (and surprisingly cheap) on ebay yesterday, had 'buy it now' option and was gone today when I checked. i don't need him but it's encouraging that another one's shown up. Worryingly the Moonstar one - which had gone over bids of 100 when I last saw it - looks like it was pulled from listing.

Old 04-28-2013, 11:04 AM   #700
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

yeah redpool and FFdoom are showing up in asian and european markets now. should be hitting US soon id think

[=]
Closed Thread