The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles > Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

View Poll Results: What are you most excited for Michael Bay to screw up next?
Further casting: Gary Coleman as Splinter, Ken Jeong as Shredder 10 31.25%
Costumes: Turtle shells aren't cool enough. Also, lets do space helmets instead of masks. 12 37.50%
Explosions: Explosions 10 31.25%
Choreography: How about laser rifles instead of ninjutsu. 11 34.38%
Actually going through with making the film. 25 78.13%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 32. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-21-2013, 11:29 PM   #26
ShredderX
Side-Kick

Default Re: Things that are already broken

I hope you're not talking about the CGI animated " TMNT " Flick from 2007, because that movie was awful. Turtles 4Ever on the other hand was awesome.

ShredderX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 11:43 PM   #27
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShredderX View Post
I hope you're not talking about the CGI animated " TMNT " Flick from 2007, because that movie was awful. Turtles 4Ever on the other hand was awesome.
the design of the turtles and attitude of the turtles seemed to be more in line with the comics than the cartoons and movies were known for, it was a spiritual sequel to the live-action movies. I actually thoroughly enjoyed both Turtles Forever and TMNT.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:55 AM   #28
Spider-Aziz
Everything is Batman

Quote:
Turtles Forever is my favorite turtles movie

Note to some of the Hype! oldies: Want to take the Lounge back? Come and take it, it's not like there is a territorial battle to win it, it's the land of the free to lounge. Make it multiflavored, make it interesting.
Spider-Aziz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:23 AM   #29
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

i liked Turtles Forever but hated how dumb they made the 80s series Turtles. immature and almost borderline retarded.

GREEN =w= DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:23 PM   #30
Spider-Aziz
Everything is Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by GREEN =w= DAY View Post
i liked Turtles Forever but hated how dumb they made the 80s series Turtles. immature and almost borderline retarded.
Still, if not for the old school Donatello all dimensions would perish

Note to some of the Hype! oldies: Want to take the Lounge back? Come and take it, it's not like there is a territorial battle to win it, it's the land of the free to lounge. Make it multiflavored, make it interesting.
Spider-Aziz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 12:57 PM   #31
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

at least we have a glimmer of hope with the Raphael casting, but i'm not holding my breath.

Old 04-03-2013, 05:34 AM   #32
johnrain
Side-Kick

I have a problem with casting all Caucasian actors as the Turtles. Why not have one from each different ethnicity?

johnrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 06:03 AM   #33
scifiwolf
Side-Kick

You know, I went and watched the Transformers movies over the weekend. Gotta say I really don't have a problem with Megan Fox. She may be vapid, but I don't think she comes across that way. She has a lot of natural presence, which is half the battle right there. Actually gotta put her above Katie Holmes. If she's been improving with her technique, as I've heard suggested, then I'm fine with her as April. Her role has never even been confirmed, though. She could be Karai for all we know.

Right now my biggest concern is Jonathan Liebesman. I just haven't seen in him the ability to cull a lot of sympathy for his characters from the audience. His plot and pacing takes over.

Old 04-16-2013, 05:55 PM   #34
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Danny Woodburn as Master Splinter.

Eat horse **** Michael Bay.

Old 05-01-2013, 12:32 AM   #35
Fanged-Hunter
SwiftNinjaFox

Quote:
I loved the TMNT CG movie. Saw it repeatedly in theaters. It was the direction I was hoping a new series would take after 2003 went to the future and Back to the Sewers went off the tracks.

Only thing I didn't like was Raph, yet again, besting Leo and the movie makers going with "brute strength and raw rage trumps skill when it comes to martial arts!" again.

Honestly, I like the Leo/Raph sibling rivalry, but I'm kind of tired of it being the central focus in the movies, etc. Let Mikey and Don take the spotlight some!

Bear in mind, I went into TMNT with my childhood memories of TMNT and TMNT2 (and nightmares of TMNT 3) still clear in my mind. After 2 and 3, TMNT was freaking awesome. :P

Fanged-Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 10:04 PM   #36
I'm Old Greg
do you love me?

Why couldnt they rehire Steve Baron. He did the turtles justice!

Last edited by I'm Old Greg; 05-04-2013 at 11:21 PM. Reason: Edited director name
I'm Old Greg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 01:50 AM   #37
Quasimod0
Bell-Ringer

i thought the TMNT movie was great.

Saving Mr. Banks- 9/10, Jack Ryan- 7/10, The Lego Movie- 9/10, Non-Stop- 8/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier- 10/10, The Amazing Spider-Man 2-8/10, Godzilla- 7/10, Days of Future Past- 8/10, Edge of Tomorrow- 8.5/10, Transformers 4- 7.5/10, Dawn of the Planet of the Apes- 10/10, Guardians of the Galaxy- 9/10
Quasimod0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2013, 04:03 AM   #38
Octoberist
point blank

I didnt' care for 'TMNT' though I liked certain individual moments.

Old 05-09-2013, 04:15 PM   #39
jacobed
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
Danny Woodburn as Master Splinter.

Eat horse **** Michael Bay.
Um Michael Bay doesn't do the casting

I enjoyed a few things about the cg cartoon. The fights were pretty good and Chris Evans as Casey was awesome, he'd be awesome in the live action as well. I don't like the story they decided to tell. I don't need to the see "family" at odds with each other. I've seen enough of that crap in the other movies.

jacobed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 02:33 AM   #40
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post

I enjoyed a few things about the cg cartoon. The fights were pretty good and Chris Evans as Casey was awesome, he'd be awesome in the live action as well. I don't like the story they decided to tell. I don't need to the see "family" at odds with each other. I've seen enough of that crap in the other movies.
They were two separate points.

Old 05-10-2013, 06:47 AM   #41
spider-neil
spins a web any size!

Definately prefer a man that becomes a rat rather than a rat that becomes a man.
I can buy a skilled man being mutated into a rat retaining those martail arts memories but a rat in a cage that studied martial arts and THEN becomes mutated retaining those memories...C'MON!

spider-neil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:37 AM   #42
Donut
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobed View Post
If you think he has no say then you are a fool. Especially with the Megan Fox casting

Donut is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2013, 07:38 AM   #43
Marvin
Side-Kick

Any explanation as to why the mutagen does one thing to one individual and another thing to 4 other individuals(and then some).
(and then something else to the shredder himself).

For the sake of fan boy and general critics nit picking logic in "Bay's movies", Splinter starting off as a rat is better for everyone.

Old 05-10-2013, 07:50 AM   #44
Marvin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
If you think he has no say then you are a fool. Especially with the Megan Fox casting
I suppose that means Speilberg cast her in the TF films along with the rest of the Coen film alumni.
I did hear the Berg loved Shia after all. He should get credit and blame for that bit of casting approval. To suggest bay had anything to do with the infamous "no no no no" actor is wrong

Notice how it all had to go through the director of those films. And how Snyder has been very adamant about his love for Cavil in the casting.

To change our understanding of the system simply cause there's something you think you can't stand isn't a good practice imo. It's very possible that this director and the various other producers wanted to replicate the very obvious elements to TF so they all wanted Fox, and bay endorsed her(in spite of their feud). I'm not saying that happened but I'm not saying anything with authority cause I simply don't have it.

I think Kendrick may have been great in the role, but if you are looking for buzz and returns, and a role that simply isn't that of "Up in the Air", and a more appealing aesthetic to the demographic. Fox is a far better choice.

Old 05-10-2013, 01:12 PM   #45
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

if those are indeed the Foot Soldiers in the recent set pics, then WTF?!?!

GREEN =w= DAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 07:52 PM   #46
BATZARRO WWD
Campeador Boricua

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Aziz View Post
What feature was that?
I think they mean the Cg movie TMNT.

For me the casting of April O'Neil is not a dealbreaker(althought I think putting Megan Fox in there is like a bad joke come to life.) and I sorta liked Battle L.A. But for me I'm having a problem with the leads and the antagonist. Those cast as the turtle I'm not sure they can bring the larger than life personalities of the turtles to life. But maybe those guys are just the bodies and the voices will be someone else.

But Shredder...I don't like it when they water down a villain so much he becomes a generic guy. I don't think Batman should fight Joe Kerr, CEO of Laughlin Corp. I don't know, in other hands this might not seem as tragic, but for me it doesn't come across as "wild new reinvention" and more as " **** is silly/we are lazy".

For me the next worrisome thing is the design. I don't know how one screws up the design of the TMNT. But I'm always willing to learn.

BATZARRO WWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2013, 10:58 PM   #47
Cassandra Cain
C'mon! Let's get NUTS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-aziz View Post
what feature was that?
tmnt (2007)

Old 05-18-2013, 01:13 PM   #48
ShredderX
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spider-neil View Post
Definately prefer a man that becomes a rat rather than a rat that becomes a man.
I can buy a skilled man being mutated into a rat retaining those martail arts memories but a rat in a cage that studied martial arts and THEN becomes mutated retaining those memories...C'MON!
Well the RPG suggested that Splinter was already a mutant because of his high level of intelligence that allowed him to retain the knowledge he accquired from watching Yoshi.

Old 05-18-2013, 01:24 PM   #49
ShredderX
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
Any explanation as to why the mutagen does one thing to one individual and another thing to 4 other individuals(and then some).
(and then something else to the shredder himself).

For the sake of fan boy and general critics nit picking logic in "Bay's movies", Splinter starting off as a rat is better for everyone.
Depends on which version. In the Mirage comics, the mutagen was just a by -product of Utrom tech, and the turtles and splinter's mutation from it was just a freak accident ( also Laird really wanted the turtles to be " the only ones like them " so thats why there's not that many mutants in the Mirage books.

In the Fred Wolf toon and Archie books, The mutagen is created by Krang, and it combines the DNA of one creature, with the DNA of another, creating a hybrid ( although there are exceptions like Mutagen Man, and Muckman and Joe Eyball). That's why the majority of the mutants were animals.

The Movie's were more in line with the Mirage book, except the mutagen was just random chemicals exsposed to high levels of radiation, causing animals to mutate into humanoid forms, flowers to grow bigger, and human to grow extra muscle tissue.