The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Smallville

Old 02-10-2013, 03:51 PM   #76
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Default Re: 11.3 - Haunted - Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Is Jay supposed to look like the actor who played Alaric Saltzman on The Vampire Diaries?

The Boy Scout is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 08:02 PM   #77
KalKai
n/a

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
I said he reminded me visually of reprogrammed Clark, not that he was acting like him.
I know you were talking attire wise. It wasn't meant as a direct reply to what you said.

KalKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:21 AM   #78
Johnny
Side-Kick

Fair enough.

Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:48 AM   #79
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
He reminded me more of Clark from "Crusade". The black shirt, dark jeans, it was awesome.
In the issue panel yes, but I was referring to the cover art featuring the Clark Luthor in the mirror box cover art.

The Caped Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 06:18 AM   #80
Milos
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KalKai View Post
Cover #3:

Milos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 11:39 AM   #81
Johnny
Side-Kick

Ah welcome back Milos.

Old 02-23-2013, 07:06 PM   #82
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

I gotta hand it to Lois that was pretty clever in enlisting Barbara Gordon aid in talking to Otis to let his guard down.

Old 03-15-2013, 12:44 PM   #83
KalKai
n/a

Cover #4:

KalKai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 01:52 PM   #84
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Cover #4:

Wow electric Superman blue, I'm loving the design .

Old 03-15-2013, 06:08 PM   #85
Johnny
Side-Kick

Is it me, or does Clark look so much like George Reeves here?

Old 03-16-2013, 10:54 PM   #86
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Quote:
Cover #4:

Part of this picture looks like he in pain. But part of it look like he's mourning someone. Please don't tell me this a spoilers. We already lost one speedster I don't want to loose another.

"Nazi zombies don’t wanna eat you just ‘cause they’re craving the protein. They do it ‘cause…they do it ‘cause they hate Americans, man. Talibans. They’re the Talibans of the zombie world." thanks TheNextNolan22 for reminding me how awesome Badger is
ironman29758 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:20 PM   #87
Johnny
Side-Kick

I love symbolic art but I doubt the image means something other than Clark in physical pain. I seriously doubt they would kill off Bart.

Old 03-17-2013, 08:59 PM   #88
dru-zod2501
Side-Kick

well the charred ground is in the shape of Flash's lightning bolt, but no way they can kill Bart, he's the only Flash of their universe to date (not counting Jay)

Last edited by dru-zod2501; 03-17-2013 at 09:09 PM.
dru-zod2501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 02:47 PM   #89
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dru-zod2501 View Post
well the charred ground is in the shape of Flash's lightning bolt, but no way they can kill Bart, he's the only Flash of their universe to date (not counting Jay)
Normally I would agree but after
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

1.the revelation of the speed force

2.Black Flash is trying to recreate speedsters by sending bits and pieces of the Speed Force out into the world and trying to find someone with the right DNA to handle it in order to create a new speedster

3.Bart and Jay who saw names of Max Mercury, Barry, Wally, etc and names of speedsters and potential speedsters

4.Jay telling Bart and Clark that Bart wasn't the first speedster and he definitely won't be the life because of "The Circle of Life"

and more examples, I'm a little more worried if Bart will die.

But I hope that Jay decides to be a mentor of sorts to Bart and Bart decides to take on the mantle of the Flash and protect Central and Keystone City and becomes Smallville Barry Allen and Flash/combo of Barry Allen, Wally West and Bart Allen of the Smallville universe like Wally West of the DCAU Universe, Barry Allen of the live action TV show and The Batman.

"Nazi zombies don’t wanna eat you just ‘cause they’re craving the protein. They do it ‘cause…they do it ‘cause they hate Americans, man. Talibans. They’re the Talibans of the zombie world." thanks TheNextNolan22 for reminding me how awesome Badger is
Old 03-22-2013, 07:24 PM   #90
smallville fan
Hero

OMG!!!!!!!!!!

Bart dies

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 12:26 AM   #91
Binker
Side-Kick

Is the arc over?

Binker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 01:50 AM   #92
smallville fan
Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by Binker View Post
Is the arc over?
nearly

smallville fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 02:12 AM   #93
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by smallville fan View Post
OMG!!!!!!!!!!

Bart dies
Not surprised, it's the only way and plus once you reveal Jay's existence, it just stand to reason that Barry Allen would become the classic Scarlet Speedster with Wally as Kid Flash before becoming the second Flash.

Bart's end was inevitable and let's not forget the cover art gave it away as well

Old 03-23-2013, 10:23 AM   #94
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Caped Knight View Post
Not surprised, it's the only way and plus once you reveal Jay's existence, it just stand to reason that Barry Allen would become the classic Scarlet Speedster with Wally as Kid Flash before becoming the second Flash.

Bart's end was inevitable and let's not forget the cover art gave it away as well
So I was right. But we have one chapter left so let's see if we'll see Bart's funeral or a revelation of Bart being alive. At least Bart died a heroic death. It felt like a mix of Barry's death in Crisis of Infinite Earths, Wally's near disappearance into the Speed Force in Justice League Unlimited and "Chained Lighting" saga and the speedsters pushing Superboy Prime into the Speed Force in Infinite Crisis combined. In short it's one more addition to the "Bart Allen is Smallville Barry Allen" pile..

Hope BQM have one more hopeful twist in the end.

Old 03-23-2013, 12:02 PM   #95
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

It looks like Bart absorbed the Iso radiation from Clark before sacrificing himself.

Old 03-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #96
dru-zod2501
Side-Kick

I can't even rate this one. I feel like this chapter was just a teaser for next week. Even Bart's "death" didn't resonate with me because the reader is not privy to the same knowledge about Black Flash that Bart has. He went in with a plan, and I doubt it was "blow myself up" I bet he's alive and well somewhere. The real payoff can't get here soon enough next week

dru-zod2501 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 05:59 PM   #97
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by dru-zod2501 View Post
I can't even rate this one. I feel like this chapter was just a teaser for next week. Even Bart's "death" didn't resonate with me because the reader is not privy to the same knowledge about Black Flash that Bart has. He went in with a plan, and I doubt it was "blow myself up" I bet he's alive and well somewhere. The real payoff can't get here soon enough next week
That's true. And BQM was acting real secretive trying to get people not to tweet the events of #39 and #40 so I'm going to keep a little hope. Maybe they'll do an Infinite Crisis like move with
Bart vanishing into the Speed Force and popping out in Tokyo, Central City or Keystone City or something with amnesia(or regain his memory and remembers his life in Central City as Barry Allen) and then becomes the second Flash and a rookie police scientist/rookie CSI until Clark and the JL find him or he chooses to rejoin the League/. Or based on three speedsters that showed and Bart loosing his memory he realizes he is Barry Allen's grandson and came from the future and something happens that lead Barry Allen become Flash(something I kind of don't want).)
I hope I'm right about this like I'm right about what happen in chapter 39.

Last edited by ironman29758; 03-23-2013 at 06:04 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 06:26 PM   #98
Binker
Side-Kick

Its really up in the air, as Bart just "woke" up with a) the names, and b) the powers. I don't think he's dead either, but I'm wondering what BQM has going for, as he could have Bart become the Flash when he comes back, but what about Garrick? It seems to be that Season 11 is building off of the formation of the JLA, with a story that's akin to Crisis, and if that's the case, Bart might come back as Kid Flash, with Garrick being his mentor, and at the end, Bart becoming Flash. I know it's not Barry or Wally, but I think they might go this route because it's Smallville, it's own universe, and thus it's own take/originality.

Binker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 01:51 AM   #99
ironman29758
Side-Kick

Quote:
Its really up in the air, as Bart just "woke" up with a) the names, and b) the powers. I don't think he's dead either, but I'm wondering what BQM has going for, as he could have Bart become the Flash when he comes back, but what about Garrick? It seems to be that Season 11 is building off of the formation of the JLA, with a story that's akin to Crisis, and if that's the case, Bart might come back as Kid Flash, with Garrick being his mentor, and at the end, Bart becoming Flash. I know it's not Barry or Wally, but I think they might go this route because it's Smallville, it's own universe, and thus it's own take/originality.
Quote:
Well BQM did add Barry/Flash elements:
-"Hex" where Bart and Clark are dealing with a crisis in Keystone City(suppose to be a rampaging gorilla, with Ollie joking Bart always has the most interesting rouges but got cut out due to time and oo b on Zatanna's story)
-Captain Cold being assigned to take down Impulse in "Prophecy"
-Bart's file in "Prophecy" revealed he had a lot of Barry's personality traits(Blonde hair that we saw in "Run" and "Haunted", blue eyes, has the ability to vibrate through solid objects which we saw in Haunted and is a Central City Native) and in Haunted(blonde hair, vibrate through,
sacrifice to take down Black Flash in a season focusing on the Crisis similar to Barry's sacrifice to take down Anti-Monitor in "Crisis of Infinite Earths", plus love saying things like "Back in a Flash" and "I'll be there in a Flash" which comic Barry and Young Justice Barry love saying
, Etc) and the other Barry like traits(similar origin, founding Justice League member, around Clark's age, etc)

Old 03-29-2013, 11:08 AM   #100
The Caped Knight
Shield Avenger

Loved the opening with Superman talking to Lois from space and then appearing as Clark Kent at the door of their apartment with "Honey I'm Home" followed by the homage to the "Isis" kiss with Lois jumping into Clark arms.

Last edited by The Caped Knight; 03-30-2013 at 01:52 PM.