The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 08:03 PM   #26
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post
no pic?

Here !!
I love this shirt !

Last edited by ConnorKon-El; 03-23-2013 at 09:50 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 08:06 PM   #27
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

That's cocky? That kid appeared more awkward than arrogant in my opinion.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 03-23-2013, 08:35 PM   #28
JimJimBinks
A friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
Yeah, I remember that video. That kid is a cocky, smug little brat. At least that's the way he comes off.
My sister taught him at her kids improv class that she runs. She says he's actually a nice kid.

" -Batman (Superman/Batman #3)
Old 03-23-2013, 09:37 PM   #29
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoomsdayApex View Post
That's cocky? That kid appeared more awkward than arrogant in my opinion.
Yeah, going to have to go with you on this one. Seems awkward, excited and a bit shy.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:46 PM   #30
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Well that's just the way it sounded to me. All I know is that many young teenagers today are MUCH different from when I was their age.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 03-23-2013, 09:51 PM   #31
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well that's just the way it sounded to me. All I know is that many young teenagers today are MUCH different from when I was their age.
You say that like it is a bad thing.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:51 PM   #32
Torrente
Side-Kick

I bet he's a good kid and that's even more of a reason for the people around him make sure he comes off as that, I just think no matter the interviewer or what he REALLY is trying to be (funny, smart, etc) he does come out a bit cocky and full of himself.
Of course he is just a child and will learn as he goes but good advices are never too early or too late in life, just for the sake of the kid's image.

I guess this is what happens when we have so little to discuss Man Of Steel wise, but we're so close to June 14 that I don't mind having almost nothing, we've waited this long, what's a little less than 3 more months, I'm confident it'll be worth it.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:55 PM   #33
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
You say that like it is a bad thing.
I'm not saying all kids are different/bad. It's just a completely different world then when I was that age. I just see more and more kids around that age not having respect for adults. Again, I'm not saying it's like that with ALL kids. It just seems more prevalent nowadays. I've got two kids of my own, and that's one thing that I will not tolerate. They will not be disrespectful and they will be grateful for what they have. Humility is something that's sorely lacking with many kids today, imo.

Last edited by Kryptonian Warrior; 03-23-2013 at 09:59 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 09:59 PM   #34
DarthSkywalker
Side-Kick

Quote:
I'm not saying all kids are different/bad. It's just a completely different world then when I was that age. I just see more and more kids around that age not having respect for adults. Again, I'm not saying it's like that with ALL kids. It just seems more prevalent nowadays.
Adults get respect when they earn respect in this day and age. As an adult, I like that. I like that adults are no longer allowed to simply play the age card to treat kids like they are sub-humans. This is how parents got away with and justified abuse. I would know.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:01 PM   #35
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
Adults get respect when they earn respect in this day and age. As an adult, I like that. I like that adults are no longer allowed to simply play the age card to treat kids like they are sub-humans. This is how parents got away with and justified abuse. I would know.
Do you have kids?

Old 03-23-2013, 10:11 PM   #36
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

We should probably end this discussion. First of all, it has nothing to do with Superman and we all seem to have very different views on kids and the way they are raised, so there's no point in going any further.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:24 PM   #37
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

So why is the new MOS shirt not available in large on Hot Topic's site ?
God is hating on me lately ya'll.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:28 PM   #38
Simo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
So why is the new MOS shirt not available in large on Hot Topic's site ?
God is hating on me lately ya'll.
*Looks at site*

Daaaaaaaaamn! It didn't take long for sizes to sell out at all did it. Luckily my Large is on the way.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:28 PM   #39
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Yeah, I watched the video again. I don't see a kid full of himself. He's more shy and awkward playing confident in front of the camera than being a conceited little brat.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 03-23-2013, 10:30 PM   #40
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simo View Post
*Looks at site*

Daaaaaaaaamn! It didn't take long for sizes to sell out at all did it. Luckily my Large is on the way.

Yeah :/ I was waiting to see if it was at my local HT yet, which it wasn't. Oh well, i shall purchase it sooner or later. And my Sup in handcuffs poster is on its way. So hey, i have SOMETHING to look forward to.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:39 PM   #41
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Yeah I noticed that the larger shirts went REALLY quick. I mean I checked one night, and then the next night they were gone. I'm hoping that Amazon will get them.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:52 PM   #42
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Yeah I noticed that the larger shirts went REALLY quick. I mean I checked one night, and then the next night they were gone. I'm hoping that Amazon will get them.
Hopefully !

Old 03-24-2013, 12:45 AM   #43
Kevin Smith
Papa Spank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
Kids learn as they grow, get back to me if he starts acting like Shia Lebeof, I'll help you deride him if he turns into that much of an arrogant, ungrateful, disrespectful, bite the hand that feeds you trainwreck.

Old 03-24-2013, 02:12 AM   #44
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheIrishAvenger View Post
For new thread.

I decided to make a cover out of the demonic abomination from the depths of hell known as the 2nd poster (if you couldn't guess, I'm being both self-deprecating and hyperbolic).

"What do you think?"
This looks great as far as I'm concerned. I'd love for that to be the Blu-ray cover It's a very powerful, almost esoteric image I think. Of us taking this massive cultural ideal and then subjecting him/it to reality.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanboiii View Post

OMG there's a border collie in this film!!!

Old 03-24-2013, 02:20 AM   #45
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

There are two in the pic.

*\S/T*
Old 03-24-2013, 02:52 AM   #46
Vagosnati
Vag-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torrente View Post
@Kevin Smith
What makes me think that the kid with the red cape is Clark is because the dog that is with the boy seems to be the same one from when he is older Clark in the dock. I might be wrong though, what do you guys think? Is it the same dog?
I dont think this is Clark.I believe it is a random kid who has seen Superman and became a fan.As we know,Clark takes the suit at grown age.How did he know from child that he will had a red cape?i am sure that this is just a admirer not Clark.

Old 03-24-2013, 03:10 AM   #47
Astrodust
Side-Kick

I didn't find him that cocky really. Just trying to be somewhat entertaining and not boring in the interview. He is probably just enjoying the spotlight.

Old 03-24-2013, 03:31 AM   #48
Kevin Smith
Papa Spank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagosnati View Post
I dont think this is Clark.I believe it is a random kid who has seen Superman and became a fan.As we know,Clark takes the suit at grown age.How did he know from child that he will had a red cape?i am sure that this is just a admirer not Clark.
That was my train of thought. Like if that's Clark as a kid, then the image of the superhero with a cape and all hasn't been created yet, right? Doesn't make sense.

Old 03-24-2013, 03:56 AM   #49
Denish
Side-Kick

So..No Kid's Choice Awards spot..

Old 03-24-2013, 04:23 AM   #50
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denish View Post
So..No Kid's Choice Awards spot..
Of course! You weren't expecting one, were you?

Closed Thread