The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Amazing Spider-Man 2

Old 03-23-2013, 03:43 PM   #26
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
If TASM takes place after, why wasn't the battle mentioned at all in TASM? Not a single allusion to aliens or superheroes.
if TASM is set after the avengers why would what happened in the avengers be brought up at all? even in the MCU they didn't spend alot of time talking about the events in the other solo films, infact there were little hints in each film to link them together, and ironicly i believe TASM had 1 or 2 also

i think if they did link spiderman to MCU they would probably not explain where spiderman was or why it was never mentioned

Old 03-23-2013, 03:47 PM   #27
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Default Re: The Amazing Spider-Man - Tie it in with the Marvel Cinematic Universe.

Quote:
I don't understand how it could be tied into the MCU. The Avengers final battle took place in New York. If TASM takes place before that, why wasn't Spider-Man involved in the battle? If TASM takes place after, why wasn't the battle mentioned at all in TASM? Not a single allusion to aliens or superheroes.
If it took place before the battle, Spidey was somewhere else in the city, off screen....The film was about the Avengers after all....
Same could be said for War Machine, the US Army, and even Daredevil.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
if TASM is set after the avengers why would what happened in the avengers be brought up at all? even in the MCU they didn't spend alot of time talking about the events in the other solo films, infact there were little hints in each film to link them together, and ironicly i believe TASM had 1 or 2 also

i think if they did link spiderman to MCU they would probably not explain where spiderman was or why it was never mentioned
^Pretty much this

Lol, don't forget the cranes in the TASM

I can confirm there aren't THAT many cranes conveniently lined up in Midtown usually.

Last edited by GRangerPrimeNYC; 03-23-2013 at 03:54 PM.
GRangerPrimeNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 04:23 PM   #28
elsewhere
super

Quote:
I don't understand how it could be tied into the MCU. The Avengers final battle took place in New York. If TASM takes place before that, why wasn't Spider-Man involved in the battle? If TASM takes place after, why wasn't the battle mentioned at all in TASM? Not a single allusion to aliens or superheroes.
Both TASM and TASM 2 could take place before the events of The Avengers.

elsewhere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #29
SpideyK
SHH14

Quote:
Originally Posted by elsewhere View Post
Both TASM and TASM 2 could take place before the events of The Avengers.
The Amazing Spider-Man takes place in 2012. That we know for sure.
According to this http://www.tiki-toki.com/timeline/en...04-05_12:42:43! The Avengers takes place in 2011. There was obviously a lot of work put into it, but it's still fan-made, so I'm not 100% sure what to think.

SpideyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 06:38 PM   #30
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

I don't think they gave any specific year to any of the MCU films.

As for TASM taking place in 2012, that'd have to be Fall 2012, but........Peter is a Senior, Class of 2012, which means he should be outta high school already.
That means the film might've been in Fall 2011 if he's really in the Class of 2012, unless he's Class of 2013, which would put it in Fall 2012 then.

Old 03-23-2013, 07:54 PM   #31
SpideyK
SHH14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRangerPrimeNYC View Post
I don't think they gave any specific year to any of the MCU films.

As for TASM taking place in 2012, that'd have to be Fall 2012, but........Peter is a Senior, Class of 2012, which means he should be outta high school already.
That means the film might've been in Fall 2011 if he's really in the Class of 2012, unless he's Class of 2013, which would put it in Fall 2012 then.
Hm... According to http://cdn3.superherohype.com/images...jpg?1336419364 Peter's in the Class of 2012.

And you're definitely right about the movie taking place in the fall:

Guess I might've been a little quick with thinking it was set in 2012.

I suppose it must have taken place in 2011, then?

Old 03-23-2013, 10:12 PM   #32
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Yeah, Fall 2011 to be exact.

And if we say The Avengers took place in May 2012, then TASM definitely took place before that.

Maybe even TASM2, since they didn't graduate yet, according to the plot summary, which means it probably takes place only a few months after TASM and can possibly be placed before The Avengers too.

Old 03-23-2013, 10:14 PM   #33
Spiderdevil
Side-Kick

Quote:
Er thats the same as saying where was Banner,CapAm and Thor when Mandarin was wrecking Havoc? Why was Stark left to deal with it alone?
And where was War Machine in The Avengers?

The Audience wont care as long as the movie is good

Personally I partially agree with your point

Both TASM and MCU were started with a set plan in the makers mind in which the other did not have a part,meaning that making an Avengers film with Spider-man or TASM2 with Nick Fury would have them shift a lot of things here and there and could possibly make the movies look bad(Like forcing Venom into SM3)

They should only do it if they have given it a thought and have ideas about how to make it happen,if not they should restrict on simple easter eggs

Last edited by Spiderdevil; 03-23-2013 at 10:18 PM.
Spiderdevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 10:25 PM   #34
SpideyK
SHH14

Quote:
Yeah, Fall 2011 to be exact.

And if we say The Avengers took place in May 2012, then TASM definitely took place before that.

Maybe even TASM2, since they didn't graduate yet, according to the plot summary, which means it probably takes place only a few months after TASM and can possibly be placed before The Avengers too.
That actually makes pretty good sense. Wonder how Spidey's absence during an effin' Chitauri invasion would be explained, though...

Old 03-23-2013, 11:03 PM   #35
TH29
Side-Kick

truth is they will probably not feel the need to explain when what movie took place, I for one wont care, if Spider-Man shows up in an Avengers cameo, or Cap shows up in Spidey, etc, It wont matter, because it will be awesome to see regardless, i wouldnt let details that dont exist (ie, not thought out or worried about by the powers that be at the time of filming) ruin my enjoyment of it.

TH29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:07 PM   #36
ParkerPeters
Mighty Amazing

Quote:
^ Kind of a closed minded way of thinking about it d:

You don't think he's interesting at all, yet you don't like the idea of Spidey part of a universe and prefer him being lone, yet you think he isn't that interesting.

Idgi
Not at all! I think Spider-Man is the greatest super hero of all time. He is so great, because he is all of us. He is a poor kid, he is unexceptional in every way, and that makes him amazing. His real super power is his character, and his strength of will. He is beaten, tattered, and torn apart. Everything he loves is destroyed and everyone turns their backs on him. His power is staying resolute.

Peter Parker isn't rich, he isn't super handsome, he isn't even popular. But he has been given the chance to change the world, and he sacrifices everything he has to give everyone else, the people that kicked him, spat on him, cursed his name, he gives them a chance. He saves them though they would more likely than not, let him die. He is the Jesus Christ of comics, and when you put him with the avengers, when you put him in a high tech jet, when you give him a lab with unlimited resources, he sort of loses his charm. He just becomes another Avenger.

Spider-Man is our personal Jesus, he is all of us.

ParkerPeters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2013, 11:36 PM   #37
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpideyK View Post
That actually makes pretty good sense. Wonder how Spidey's absence during an effin' Chitauri invasion would be explained, though...
The most likely explanation is that he was off screen doing something else during the battle.

Would feel bad for him since The Avengers were the ones credited with saving the day xD

Old 03-24-2013, 02:49 AM   #38
chaseter
Bland User

Spider-Man lives in Queens. The invasion took place in Manhattan yes? Would be LoLs to see him swing all the way down there and it's over.

Not everything has to be 100% seamlessly connected. ASM could be the X-Men Origins: Wolverine of the bunch.

It will happen sooner or later and you bet your ass Marvel wants it to happen....it's just in Sony's court to decide.

"Uh, since my boss made up the policy. You gonna pay? You're holding up my line of one other person. You can't afford your milk, step aside. What, daddy didn't give you enough milk money? Little baby gonna cry about it? Just step aside."
And that is how Uncle Ben dies.
chaseter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:34 AM   #39
Ultra Nolanite
Side-Kick

Who cares about how it all fits chronologically ? I just want the webslinger in the Avengers. I don't think most people will care so long as the movie is awesome.

Ultra Nolanite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 04:49 AM   #40
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

I wanna see Black Widow........... take Spidey down with her signature leg lock swing move xD

Spider vs Spider

Last edited by GRangerPrimeNYC; 03-24-2013 at 05:10 AM.
Old 03-24-2013, 05:20 AM   #41
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

I want him to evade that and be all "Seriously?".

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:29 AM   #42
TheWallCrawler
hero or a menace?

Agreed. I know they are trying to give Black Widow and incredible skill set to compensate for the "she doesn't even have superpowers, what's special about her" reactions, but Spider-Man at his prime is way more skilled than many people give him credit for

For example, in Ultimate Spider-Man he is a total loser screw up, and Avengers & SHIELD are always the ones who clean up the mess

TheWallCrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:12 AM   #43
SpideyK
SHH14

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaseter View Post
Spider-Man lives in Queens. The invasion took place in Manhattan yes? Would be LoLs to see him swing all the way down there and it's over.

Not everything has to be 100% seamlessly connected. ASM could be the X-Men Origins: Wolverine of the bunch.

It will happen sooner or later and you bet your ass Marvel wants it to happen....it's just in Sony's court to decide.
Haha, would be both hilarious and actually make sense if he arrived too late to Manhattan, yeah.
But you're probably right about things not having to be seemlessly connected, though. The GA would probably not care or even know, about continuity errors.

Old 03-24-2013, 06:18 AM   #44
melvintwj
Spoder-Man

I believe in the USM comics, when Fury first talked to Spidey, he told him that he is currently too young to be part of a bigger universe and when he reaches 18, he will be part of Fury's universe. Meanwhile, he will keep his eye on Spidey. I think it could be translated to the film.

melvintwj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:22 AM   #45
SpideyK
SHH14

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvintwj View Post
I believe in the USM comics, when Fury first talked to Spidey, he told him that he is currently too young to be part of a bigger universe and when he reaches 18, he will be part of Fury's universe. Meanwhile, he will keep his eye on Spidey. I think it could be translated to the film.
Hm, that'd be pretty cool actually. They could probably play around with Peter being too young to join The Avengers, until the studios get their stuff together.

Old 03-24-2013, 09:46 AM   #46
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by melvintwj View Post
That wouldn't be a bad idea if Spidey were to be included in the wider MCU. It would stop him being automatically included on the Avengers team, but leave it open for crossovers for Civil War type stories.

Though if Fury were to show up then you'd sill have to show that he has some form of impact on Spidey's world since it would be a bit of a waste of time just for him to show up and say "we know you exist, but you're too young to do anything with you".

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
The Infernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:14 AM   #47
JOE

Has Disney proposed anything to Sony?

"If you make yourself more than just an avatar, if you devote yourself to an ideal, you become something else entirely... A legend, Mr. Kane52630"

@JoeJoeJoeUrBoat
JOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 11:42 AM   #48
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe View Post
Has Disney proposed anything to Sony?
don't think anyone knows

we are just guessing because of the whole idea that oscorp would have appeared in the avengers but the design of oscorp wasn't finished or something and stark tower would have appeared in TASM also

so who knows

Old 03-24-2013, 11:51 AM   #49
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

I wouldn't be surprised if the whole, Oscorp Tower was suppose to be in the Avengers, thing was complete ********, a rumor gone out of control.

That would suck.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:53 AM   #50
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Wasn't it pretty much officially confirmed? The Tower would have been in Avengers, but by the time they got the design, they were already finished with the CGI skyline and there was no time to add it.

Nathan is offline   Reply With Quote