The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 10:42 AM   #101
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce Malone View Post
Am i wrong in thinking that returns was actually more heavily promoted at this point than MOS has? or at least had a bigger buzz maybe?
The Marketing of MOS so far has been "Nolanized".

*\S/T*
Old 03-24-2013, 10:45 AM   #102
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
I think the MOS promotion will really 'kick off' in May after IM3 (which will dominate the airwaves and billboards in April).
I really think it's going to really ramp up here in the next 3 weeks. I'd even be willing to bet that we get our first TV spot at the end of April. With Cavill being in Tokyo next week, even though it's a one stop promotion, I expect to have at least a few new posters by the end of next week. I mean, surely to goodness they aren't going to Japan empty handed. They HAVE to have some sort of new promotional material.

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 03-24-2013, 11:11 AM   #103
HankTheTurtle
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagosnati View Post
I dont think this is Clark.I believe it is a random kid who has seen Superman and became a fan.As we know,Clark takes the suit at grown age.How did he know from child that he will had a red cape?i am sure that this is just a admirer not Clark.
There would be something kind of cool about Clark just instinctively putting on a cape to play hero.

I can picture it:

Quote:
Clark is just running around the field. Playing like any other kid. Pa walks up wiping the grease off his hands from the old tractor he had been working on. He leans up against a fence post, just watching. Finally...

PA KENT
Hey Clark. What are you doing?

CLARK
(still running around)
I'm pretending.

PA
Oh yeah?

CLARK
Yup. I'm saving people. From fires and stuff.

Pa smiles to himself. Then...

PA
What's with the towel?

Clark stops, and looks at his father, puzzled.

CLARK
Hu?

He looks down and remembers that he has a towel tied around his neck.

CLARK
Oh. It's a cape.

PA
A cape? Why a cape?

Clark thinks for a second. Then shrugs.

CLARK
I dunno.

He smiles, and starts running around again, laughing.
I guess it could be hinted that Clark subconsciously remembers Jor El (who wore a cape) saving him, and just instinctively felt the need to put on a cape when playing hero.

I don't really think they'll do that, but it could work.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:16 AM   #104
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Knights and Victorian royalty wore capes. It's not only associated with Superman. Shuster and Siegel got the idea from somewhere. I'm sure young kids 100+ years back ran about in long capes and robes playing pretending too.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:17 AM   #105
Smallville13
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
I really think it's going to really ramp up here in the next 3 weeks. I'd even be willing to bet that we get our first TV spot at the end of April. With Cavill being in Tokyo next week, even though it's a one stop promotion, I expect to have at least a few new posters by the end of next week. I mean, surely to goodness they aren't going to Japan empty handed. They HAVE to have some sort of new promotional material.
Is it a promotional stop though? I thought people here dubunked that it was just a holiday with Gina.

Old 03-24-2013, 11:25 AM   #106
echostation
Banned User

lol GREAT, KICK off major marketing for a film that really needs buzz first off from the get go but do it instead a month before release LOL.

I swear I think WB want to shoot themselves in the foot with this...

Old 03-24-2013, 11:30 AM   #107
DoomsdayApex
Ćzrael "Fallen Angel" X.

Quote:
Knights and Victorian royalty wore capes. It's not only associated with Superman. Shuster and Siegel got the idea from somewhere. I'm sure young kids 100+ years back ran about in long capes and robes playing pretending too.
One of Snyder's influences for Krypton, I believe.

Henry Cavill: The Ultimate Man-Crush
(Move on over Tom Hardy)

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
Quote:
Oldman: "Wow, this is it."

Nolan: [facetiously] "Yeah. [pause] Unless you want to whore your ass out for a load of money for ‘Batman 4."
Quote:
Nolan: "I've gotta pee. It's a two pee movie. I need to make a shorter movie next time."
Quote:

Nolan: "Oh, it's on. Here Emma, hold my vest."
Old 03-24-2013, 11:36 AM   #108
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by echostation View Post
lol GREAT, KICK off major marketing for a film that really needs buzz first off from the get go but do it instead a month before release LOL.

lol.

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-24-2013, 11:36 AM   #109
HankTheTurtle
Side-Kick

Quote:
Right, but that kid isn't going around playing Knights or pretending to be a king. The idea is that the kid is playing "Superman". If that kid is Clark, he's doing it with no idea of its significance. Plenty of kids play police or fireman, saving imaginary people from danger, but they don't wear capes. For some unknown reason, young Clark decides to put on a cape when he's playing. Somehow, he associates the cape with saving people. It's that association that is the breakthrough. I just think it could be an interesting theme to explore.

Old 03-24-2013, 12:30 PM   #110
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:

With all the blue in his costume people are just gonna get it confused with Avatar anyway lolamirite?

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 03-24-2013, 12:32 PM   #111
Bruce_Begins
I am still Green Goblin

Maybe, the kid (young CK) is a fan of "Smallville Spartans" team ?

So, he decided to know more about the ancient Greek (Spartan) Warriors and then decides to play posing as one of them.

*\S/T*
Old 03-24-2013, 12:36 PM   #112
Dr.
Scorpion-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruce_Begins View Post
Maybe, the kid (young CK) is a fan of "Smallville Spartans" team ?

So, he decided to know more about the ancient Greek (Spartan) Warriors and then decides to play posing as one of them.
Maybe he saw 300.

Old 03-24-2013, 12:54 PM   #113
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Any new pics / posters / trailers?

No?

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 03-24-2013, 01:06 PM   #114
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePhantasm View Post
Any new pics / posters / trailers?

No?

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

Old 03-24-2013, 02:30 PM   #115
J-Sentius
Watch out, he's coconuts!

The trailer has already been approved for over a week or so now.
Trailer will probably be releasing early April (which is next week) or with IM3 at the latest.

Old 03-24-2013, 02:35 PM   #116
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sentius View Post
Trailer will probably be releasing early April (which is next week) or with IM3 at the latest.
How so and where?

Old 03-24-2013, 02:37 PM   #117
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

I got the man of steel shirt !

Old 03-24-2013, 02:40 PM   #118
Kryptonian Warrior
In Snyder I Trust

Quote:

Take your negativity somewhere else. It's pretty obvious that YOU don't want the movie to succeed. Can't stand people like you!

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 03-24-2013, 02:40 PM   #119
Kevin Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
^^ Awesome. ^^ I want one.

Old 03-24-2013, 03:23 PM   #120
Fedor
Side-Kick

For me, i don't care about the character posters. The only thing that is freaking me out right now is that i need to here some tunes of the soundtrack! I really hope Zimmer does something spectacular, Superman-ish, steel-ish. I want drums and horns!

Old 03-24-2013, 03:32 PM   #121
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
Me too!

on another note about the kid playing in the trailer with the cape on....I would assume that in this movie there is a such thing as comic books and they have costumed characters in them and IF that is a young Clark maybe he is emulating his favorite comic book superhero....just a thought

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 03-24-2013, 04:13 PM   #122
A.Stabelli
Man Of Steel

Quote:
Originally Posted by J-Sentius View Post
You best not be lying.

Old 03-24-2013, 04:21 PM   #123
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

yeah when people keep saying to expect this or that soon I usually think they are full of crap

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 03-24-2013, 04:24 PM   #124
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
Take your negativity somewhere else. It's pretty obvious that YOU don't want the movie to succeed. Can't stand people like you!
Well said. This is a forum for positively gushing only. Any attempts at criticism (and automatically therefore, a declaration of the hidden agenda of the ultimate failure of the film) is not welcome.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 03-24-2013, 04:28 PM   #125
Dark_Lord
Dark Lord of the Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.Stabelli View Post
You best not be lying.
He said the trailer would probably be released in early April, or with IM3 at the latest. He can't be wrong.

Closed Thread