The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Misc. Comics Films

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2013, 02:47 PM   #151
terry78
Heads up, heathen monkeys

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 3

We don't need established thespians for these roles. This is on par with hiring a Cavill or a Hemsworth, who pretty much were just pretty boys before they suddenly become fanboy favorites. Cavill did good work in previous roles, but nothing mind blowing. Hemsworth was on a soap opera.

Old 03-23-2013, 06:17 PM   #152
scifiwolf
Side-Kick

Default Re: New Live Action Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Movie In The Works? - Part 3

Cavill had done very solid work on a high profile Showtime series, and Hemsworth had made a tremendous impact with his performance in Star Trek. This is a guy who's not had a role to break onto the scene like those two did before landing franchises.

Last edited by scifiwolf; 03-23-2013 at 06:30 PM.
Old 03-23-2013, 07:41 PM   #153
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Hemsworth's fantastic screen presence more than makes up for any acting deficiencies he might have. If he continues to pick the right projects he could be a huge moviestar. Cavill is a wait and see guy until June 14. He is hot and has been okay in some roles but he hasn't had that breakout Thor moviestar type of performance yet.

2014 IS THE YEAR DC/WB DECIDED TO GET SERIOUS.
Old 03-23-2013, 10:40 PM   #154
the last son
Side-Kick

Anyone who has seen Cavill act know that the only chance he has is to be a brilliant Superman because he has proven time and time again he is not a leading man in anything else. If he can get Superman right he will at least be able to continue to get supporting roles. He is not an awful actor but his screen presence is just not there when he is starring in a role. He tries to hard and it doesn't come natural. He is much better in a supporting role

Old 03-23-2013, 11:30 PM   #155
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by I SEE SPIDEY View Post
I've never seen him act so I have no idea how good or bad he is.

And a lot of actors did some modeling before they became actors. The 22 year old Oscar winning actress in your avatar did some modeling.

I'm not going to dismiss him because he was a model, I only dismiss actors who are bad or mediocre at acting.
^exactly

also people forget rebecca was a model with tiny bit parts in tv shows like just shoot me and friends before she got cast as mystique and she was amazing

Old 03-24-2013, 10:59 AM   #156
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

I hope we get the other Turtles casting soon. I wonder if Casey Jones will be in it or are they waiting for a sequel to add him in.

Old 03-24-2013, 04:29 PM   #157
scifiwolf
Side-Kick

Watching Grimm, I could see David Giuntoli as Casey.

Old 03-25-2013, 01:19 AM   #158
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

http://www.superherohype.com/news/ar...s-a-ski-resort

Quote:
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Books a Ski Resort

by Silas Lesnick
March 24, 2013

Although most of the film is planned to shoot in and around New York City, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles has now booked production time at the Big Tupper Ski Area in Tupper Lake, New York. The Adirondack Daily Enterprise reports that the Platinum Dunes production will make use of the resort which, last September, was forced to shut down.

Three days of shooting will also take place at Lake Tupper's local golf course and the schedule is said to call for a scene wherein a helicopter lands on the driving range.

To be directed by Jonathan Liebesman, the film features a screenplay by Josh Appelbaum, Andrew Nemec, Art Marcum, Matt Holloway and John Fusco, based on the characters created by Peter Laird and Kevin Eastman.

So far, only two cast members have been announced: Megan Fox will star as reporter April O'Neil and Alan Ritchson will play Raphael. Check back for further casting and production updates as they become available.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is scheduled for release on June 6, 2014.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 03-25-2013, 09:10 AM   #159
Hunter Rider
Ronin
SHH! Administrator

The Turtles have to have a snowboarding scene if they are shooting at a ski resort.

"Now this life is etched in black but I wont be looking back, the rain washed out the tracks, I'll never find again"

Old 03-25-2013, 09:23 AM   #160
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter Rider View Post
The Turtles have to have a snowboarding scene if they are shooting at a ski resort.
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

COWABUNGA!

Last edited by Hunter Rider; 03-25-2013 at 06:10 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 09:33 AM   #161
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAQU4M4N View Post
I hope we get the other Turtles casting soon. I wonder if Casey Jones will be in it or are they waiting for a sequel to add him in.
Casey, as well as many other TMNT characters, were in the initial draft(s).

He should be in if Liebesman and Co decided to keep them all after the production halt and rewrite.

Last edited by SpideyFan866; 03-25-2013 at 09:38 AM.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:11 PM   #162
terry78

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=101958

Casting is complete for each Turtle.

Jeremy Howard = Don
Noel Fisher = Mike
Peter Ploszek = Leo
Alan Ritchson = Raph

I'm really only familiar with Noel from his work on Shameless and Ritchson from Entourage and Blue Mountain State.

Last edited by terry78; 03-25-2013 at 02:15 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:15 PM   #163
TheAQU4M4N
K1NG Of ATL4NTiS!

I only recognized Noel, just by that picture with Howard I think he's definitely fits Donny.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #164
Stringer
CHAMPS AGAIN!

Eh we'll see.

"We dem lil bald headed b****es on the chessboard"- Bodie Broadus
Old 03-25-2013, 02:18 PM   #165
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Welp, we'll see how this all turns out. I'm repulsed, but at the same time, kinda excited for this movie.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:19 PM   #166
terry78

They got some decent actors to take the roles, so that is one thing so far they're doing right. I prefer them not to be actors we're all that familiar with anyway.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:49 PM   #167
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Welp, we'll see how this all turns out. I'm repulsed, but at the same time, kinda excited for this movie.
This. Its an odd feeling. The casting of the 4 turtles pleases me, but everything else is ****ing horrifying.

Quote:
Originally Posted by terry78 View Post
They got some decent actors to take the roles, so that is one thing so far they're doing right. I prefer them not to be actors we're all that familiar with anyway.
Yeah. Agreed. If they were to cast "name" actors, the name would end up overpowering the role, and possibly, the performance.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:50 PM   #168
GREEN =w= DAY
Side-Kick

i only know Ritchson. i have no clue who the other 3 are.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:54 PM   #169
SpideyFan866
Hero Support

^^^Im the opposite, and its shocking for me. I actually know who all of these actors are. I feel like thats why Im able to approve and like these choices so much.

Old 03-25-2013, 02:54 PM   #170
Octoberist
point blank

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAQU4M4N View Post
I only recognized Noel, just by that picture with Howard I think he's definitely fits Donny.

What? Becauae he looks dorky?

Old 03-25-2013, 02:55 PM   #171
terry78

The only names above the title to get top billing will be April whoever it is if it ain't Fox, Shredder, maybe April's friend, a cop or something, or whoever else has a major supporting role. I am waiting with impatience on who gets cast as Shredder if he's in this one.

VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:

Yeah, this dude will do fine as Michelangelo.

Last edited by terry78; 03-25-2013 at 03:00 PM.
Old 03-25-2013, 03:05 PM   #172
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Never heard of Peter Ploszek.

I was at some diplomatic party once. Got to talking to this princess who told me that when it came to Superman, I was missing the point. She told me, "His real strength lay in his generous spirit and sense of what's fair." - King Faraday

"
Hes much more of a working class superhero, which is why we ended the whole book with the image of a laboring Superman. Hes Everyman operating on a scifi Paul Bunyan scale." - Grant Morrison

"Self Portrait" By Batman
Old 03-25-2013, 03:08 PM   #173
terry78

^He's had guest roles on Parks and Recreation and Shameless basically.

Old 03-25-2013, 03:11 PM   #174
Lencho01
Shazoogle! Shazoogle!

Yeah, I Googled his name. I dont watch any of those shows.

With the casting, I assume the turtles will be in their late teens.

Old 03-25-2013, 03:24 PM   #175
jacobed
Banned User

awesome choices for the turtles. I love that they are all no names. This movie is going to be excellent

Closed Thread