The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-21-2013, 04:11 PM   #726
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The future, where else would I be?
Posts: 17,968
Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

I would love to see him more fight scenes with Banshee and Havok. Too bad, it seems like they don't have the effort to development them more. I thought they would.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ICEMAN | PORTRAYED BY SHAWN ASHMORE
"Welcome to mutant high" - X1
"Call me Iceman" - X2
"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 04:12 PM   #727
Glutton
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Romania
Posts: 137
Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

Lol I just remembered James McAvoy & Peter Dinklage both starred in a movie I'd forgotten about called Penelope back in 2006 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5pE1XZxFhEU

Glutton is offline  
Old 03-22-2013, 09:35 PM   #728
ericadawn16
Side-Kick
 
ericadawn16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Tampa Bay
Posts: 511
Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

I love Penelope, it's so underrated.

ericadawn16 is offline  
Old 03-23-2013, 10:33 PM   #729
Angamb
Banned User
 
Angamb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Spain
Posts: 13,348
Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

Here is a wallpaper of the cast confirmed to date, in case some of you want to use it as your desktop:

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:


Direct link: http://s7.postimg.org/mojs6hf3v/wall..._black1_Xc.jpg


Angamb is offline  
Old 03-24-2013, 03:23 AM   #730
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop
 
Hawkingbird's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: With the Hawkeyes
Posts: 5,733
Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

Is it confirmed there will be more cast announcements?

__________________
"Turkey sucks and you suck, and who made you boss?"
Hawkingbird is offline  
Old 03-24-2013, 03:26 AM   #731
JP
To me
 
JP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: NYC
Posts: 52,914
Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

Nope. In fact, I took Singers tweet to mean that that was the full main cast. I'm sure there's a few more smaller roles, like Nixon and characters of the size of Levene and McCone from First Class.

JP is offline  
Old 03-24-2013, 02:56 PM   #732
Airwings
Waves of air
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 3,407
Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
The character of Leech ran his course in The Last Stand. It's doubtful he will be brought back to be further fleshed out, nor is it necessary.
I whouldn't be so sure about that. Now that he's older, he can be doing field work.

Airwings is offline  
Old 03-24-2013, 03:10 PM   #733
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick
 
EnDz0n3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 4,054
Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

Is anyone really clamouring for that character though. Especially that character as interpreted by Ratner et al?

EnDz0n3 is offline  
Old 03-24-2013, 03:12 PM   #734
DarknessOfDeath
Something grows dark
 
DarknessOfDeath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Somewhere in the darkness, lurking...
Posts: 26,826
Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

Nope...I doubt he'll return. Tis all.

__________________

Eva Green for Jean Grey/Dark Phoenix if Marvel gets the rights back for X-Men.


ďIt is some kind of a cosmic force that somehow felt drawn to Jean and her powers. It inhabited her body and mind, which made Jean vulnerable to losing control of her extended powers. Iíve seen what this cosmic entity can do, for I looked into Jeanís conscious mind and saw some things I didnít like and Scott, believe me; it is unlike anything weíve encountered of our time.Ē - Xavier
DarknessOfDeath is offline  
Old 03-24-2013, 08:17 PM   #735
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The future, where else would I be?
Posts: 17,968
Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

Well in my opinion, not all the characters in the previous movies should return especially characters who aren't well-known in the comics.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ICEMAN | PORTRAYED BY SHAWN ASHMORE
"Welcome to mutant high" - X1
"Call me Iceman" - X2
"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 03:34 PM   #736
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective
 
Nave 'Torment''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Bat-Garage
Posts: 4,785
Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

I'd actually be okay if we didn't see Jean and Scott.

__________________

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:
(pt 1; pt 2; pt 3; pt 4; pt 5; pt 6; pt 7)


Nave 'Torment' is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 03:47 PM   #737
BMM
Side-Kick
 
BMM's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Posts: 7,374
Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airwings View Post
I whouldn't be so sure about that. Now that he's older, he can be doing field work.
Field work? This is a dystopian future in which mutants are presumably fighting for their lives. It doesn't make much sense that they would be doing it alongside someone who cancels out their powers, rendering them utterly useless.

BMM is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 04:01 PM   #738
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,851
Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
Field work? This is a dystopian future in which mutants are presumably fighting for their lives. It doesn't make much sense that they would be doing it alongside someone who cancels out their powers, rendering them utterly useless.
The only way it would work to include Leech would be for a specific plot point where he has to cancel someone's powers. Singer did mention being a fan of that part of X3.

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline  
Old 03-25-2013, 04:54 PM   #739
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,292
Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nave 'Torment' View Post
I'd actually be okay if we didn't see Jean and Scott.
am stating to think it may be better if we don't

maybe only in a 3rd prequel film

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004
GuestStar2004 is online now  
Old 03-25-2013, 04:56 PM   #740
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: St. Louis,Missouri
Posts: 10,025
Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

You may not get a third prequel film If they are using time travel to retcon large parts of Last Stand out of exsistance.The Correcting as Bryan Singer put It.

marvelrobbins is offline  
Old 03-26-2013, 12:36 AM   #741
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!
 
psylockolussus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: The future, where else would I be?
Posts: 17,968
Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

And after DOFP is released, I think the next movie should be set in the altered future. Like why bring back the OT cast and do this "save the future" mission if they're not bringing them back in the next movie and just keep making films that are set before X1. It just doesn't flow well.

__________________
X-MEN RI5E' MUTANT OF THE MONTH | ICEMAN | PORTRAYED BY SHAWN ASHMORE
"Welcome to mutant high" - X1
"Call me Iceman" - X2
"Don't ever do that again" - X3
"They'll find us they'll always do" - X4
JOIN MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018/
psylockolussus is offline  
Old 03-26-2013, 04:31 AM   #742
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3
 
Norek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 2,177
Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
And after DOFP is released, I think the next movie should be set in the altered future. Like why bring back the OT cast and do this "save the future" mission if they're not bringing them back in the next movie and just keep making films that are set before X1. It just doesn't flow well.
I think it does. After they alter the future, the OT timeline can have a proper ending, and they can follow from the FC storyline to wherever they want to go without worrying that they might **** up the already existing future from the OT. In a way, it's a reboot, and I'd like that. Not saying that this will happen, but the opportunity allows it to happen very naturally, and it would be nice to see.

__________________
"This is NOT the comics. There WON'T be a Batman IV, there will be a reboot." - Nevincer

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Norek is offline  
Old 03-26-2013, 05:01 AM   #743
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective
 
Nave 'Torment''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Bat-Garage
Posts: 4,785
Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

I think that DoFP itself should be the "proper" send-off to the OT. There's no point in doing another "last movie" after "the last stand"

that way you have the OT as the OT and DoFP as this sort of rite of passage film

What boggles me is what they'll be doing with Wolverine. Everyone is getting bored of more Hugh Jackman stand-alone films and the new pics released (still waiting on the trailer) doesn't really promise me something very meanignful and artistic.

It would've been if Aronofsky directed. Now it just feels liek another run-of-the-mill superhero flick. What happens to Wolverine? I love Jackman in the role and would love to see more of him. And a part of me still hopes for a Wolverine III movie but ... i dunno. DoFP would feel right if it's the last time we see the OT.

__________________

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:
(pt 1; pt 2; pt 3; pt 4; pt 5; pt 6; pt 7)


Nave 'Torment' is offline  
Old 03-26-2013, 07:56 AM   #744
Nave 'Torment'
Vigilante Detective
 
Nave 'Torment''s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: The Bat-Garage
Posts: 4,785
Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuestStar2004 View Post
am stating to think it may be better if we don't

maybe only in a 3rd prequel film
I wouldn't mind it one bit. Cyclops and Jean are important characters, I wouldn't want them to be in the movie if they're just in it as subplot figures (which at least Scott has been in every appearance). That's an insult to the characters, and DoFP wasn't exactly Scott or Jean's story to begin with. Why use them at all?

I love Wolverine's role and Storm's role in the future. And yes as well as Kitty and Colossus. I get that they're bringing Rogue and Bobby back because that way we have the full surviving cast from X3 (who were seen as active X-Men by the end of the last film). Was never a big fan of Angel in X3 so I'm okay with him not being around, especially since Rogue & Bobby were characters fans remember from the first series. I'd love to see how Singer uses Iceman since he was so fond of the character in the past films.

The reason why I'm okay with Rogue & Bobby being in it while Scott & Jean are not is because, well at the end of the day, Scott & Jean deserve more than being just supporting characters. I could give that to Rogue & Bobby.


Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelrobbins View Post
You may not get a third prequel film If they are using time travel to retcon large parts of Last Stand out of exsistance.The Correcting as Bryan Singer put It.
What did he say specifically?

__________________

THE JUSTICE BULLETIN published some of my thematic analysis on the symbolism in Nolan's superhero saga.
I call it Heroic Archetypes. You can read the parts on Batman Begins in the following links:
(pt 1; pt 2; pt 3; pt 4; pt 5; pt 6; pt 7)


Nave 'Torment' is offline  
Old 03-26-2013, 02:44 PM   #745
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,851
Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nave 'Torment' View Post
I wouldn't mind it one bit. Cyclops and Jean are important characters, I wouldn't want them to be in the movie if they're just in it as subplot figures (which at least Scott has been in every appearance). That's an insult to the characters, and DoFP wasn't exactly Scott or Jean's story to begin with. Why use them at all?

I love Wolverine's role and Storm's role in the future. And yes as well as Kitty and Colossus. I get that they're bringing Rogue and Bobby back because that way we have the full surviving cast from X3 (who were seen as active X-Men by the end of the last film). Was never a big fan of Angel in X3 so I'm okay with him not being around, especially since Rogue & Bobby were characters fans remember from the first series. I'd love to see how Singer uses Iceman since he was so fond of the character in the past films.

The reason why I'm okay with Rogue & Bobby being in it while Scott & Jean are not is because, well at the end of the day, Scott & Jean deserve more than being just supporting characters. I could give that to Rogue & Bobby.
I agree. If they're going to be ciphers, best not to bother or we're back where we started. Best to have an end-scene set-up for them to be in the next movie in more fully developed roles.

Quote:
What did he say specifically?
Singer spoke to IGN and said this

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline  
Old 03-26-2013, 04:51 PM   #746
Airwings
Waves of air
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Scandinavia
Posts: 3,407
Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
Field work? This is a dystopian future in which mutants are presumably fighting for their lives. It doesn't make much sense that they would be doing it alongside someone who cancels out their powers, rendering them utterly useless.
What if he has learned to control his powers, on and off like a switch.
The Haitian in Heroes was a pretty cool character, if you know what I mean.

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
The only way it would work to include Leech would be for a specific plot point where he has to cancel someone's powers. Singer did mention being a fan of that part of X3.
^this
The mutants could face a really powerful villain, and need help.


Last edited by Airwings; 03-26-2013 at 04:56 PM.
Airwings is offline  
Old 03-26-2013, 06:18 PM   #747
The Batman
The Dark Knight
 
The Batman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Gotham City
Posts: 20,036
Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nave 'Torment' View Post
I think that DoFP itself should be the "proper" send-off to the OT. There's no point in doing another "last movie" after "the last stand"
This. The only reason I'm exciting about the OT characters coming back is because Last Stand was so bad. DOFP can be a proper goodbye to those characters. We don't need to see them in yet another trilogy like so many fans seem to want.

Ideally, they reboot the franchise after one more FC film.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by hafizbat View Post
Welcome to the Batman v Superman forums, where people will take a perfectly reasonable comment you make and twist it into something completely different to make themselves feel better.
The Batman is offline  
Old 03-26-2013, 08:03 PM   #748
GuestStar2004
Side-Kick
 
GuestStar2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Posts: 9,292
Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
This. The only reason I'm exciting about the OT characters coming back is because Last Stand was so bad. DOFP can be a proper goodbye to those characters. We don't need to see them in yet another trilogy like so many fans seem to want.

Ideally, they reboot the franchise after one more FC film.
there is no way DOFP is a goodbye to the original trilogy films, im surprised people actally think this?

__________________
A Guest star on this Forum Since 2004
GuestStar2004 is online now  
Old 03-26-2013, 08:18 PM   #749
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick
 
TheHeatKitchen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Charleston, SC
Posts: 1,091
Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
And after DOFP is released, I think the next movie should be set in the altered future. Like why bring back the OT cast and do this "save the future" mission if they're not bringing them back in the next movie and just keep making films that are set before X1. It just doesn't flow well.
I think one of the original cast members will die in the past and not be in the sequels of the altered future.... Who has the biggest combined contract and ego? Halle Berry? .... Young Storm is killed in the past.

TheHeatKitchen is offline  
Old 03-26-2013, 08:24 PM   #750
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary
 
X-Maniac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Genosha
Posts: 12,851
Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeatKitchen View Post
I think one of the original cast members will die in the past and not be in the sequels of the altered future.... Who has the biggest combined contract and ego? Halle Berry? .... Young Storm is killed in the past.
There is no Young Storm cast in this project. Not at this stage, that we know about, anyway.

Halle is the old Storm in the future.

And if there is a Young Storm who dies in the past, there wouldn't be any Storm in the future at all, so it's paradoxical.

As for who has the biggest salary and ego, the answer to that is Hugh Jackman at $20 million a movie.

__________________
Noah 3/10, Godzilla 6/10, Captain America: The Winter Soldier 7/10, X-Men: Days of Future Past 9/10
X-Maniac is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.