The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Games > Microsoft

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2013, 10:55 PM   #876
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: The next Xbox

Lets hope all of these rumors are fake because I find myself heading towards the PS4 more and more everyday.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 03-21-2013, 11:15 PM   #877
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

And that's a bad thing?

Old 03-21-2013, 11:25 PM   #878
Benstamania
Shot first.

Kind of...More so when you're dedicated to a series like Halo. It's one of, if not my all time favorite game series...And the only real online game I play.

Granted...Destiny could change all that...But we'll see.

Old 03-21-2013, 11:46 PM   #879
Soapy
It's happening again...

Halo is the only Microsoft-exclusive series that I care about, not worth buying a console just to play them though. Of course... with Halo games showing up in the Steam database, I might not have to.

Old 03-21-2013, 11:49 PM   #880
Dark_Lord
Dark Lord of the Sith

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippie_hunter View Post
The PS3 installs were only on HUGE games that came out early on in the PS3's life cycle like GTAIV and MGS4 because developers didn't have a full grasp on the console the way they do now. I haven't had to install a game at all lately on the PS3.
Ah, I see. I only have LBP (came with the system), LA Noire and the Uncharted games (I don't remember if U3 required installation), so I didn't know that newer games didn't require installation.

Either way, if you can play as the game installs, the I don't see this being that big of a deal. We'll see though. Based on the rumors, it seems MS has made some weird decisions.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:44 AM   #881
LuisTX85
Señor Zorro

I prefer to install my games and now being able to play them as they install&download is a tremendous bonus,My problem are the rumors on used games&always online..Even though I mostly get new games and am always online except when there's a problem with my Internet.

Old 03-22-2013, 12:46 AM   #882
Trainwreck2100
Side-Kick

MS isn't going to comment because this publicity is still free publicity, and it is keeping people from talking about the PS4, however if those rumors are true I'm probably not getting the new box

Old 03-22-2013, 03:41 AM   #883
LuisTX85
Señor Zorro

Most of the free publicity is negative and people talking about jumping to Sony/PS4 IF rumors are true though

Old 03-22-2013, 04:41 AM   #884
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
The PS3 installs were only on HUGE games that came out early on in the PS3's life cycle like GTAIV and MGS4 because developers didn't have a full grasp on the console the way they do now. I haven't had to install a game at all lately on the PS3.
then you dont a lot of games on the system? Most PS3 games require an install. I would say the average size is about 2gb and it wasn't done early in the life cycle bc developers didn't have a full grasp on the system. The BR drive is slow. I believe 2X and the installs are done so the data can be accessed quicker. The installs were implemented to deal with this limitation. With a faster drive, the PS4 shouldn't have that issue and the 8gb ram should help with the loading as well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Lord View Post
Ah, I see. I only have LBP (came with the system), LA Noire and the Uncharted games (I don't remember if U3 required installation), so I didn't know that newer games didn't require installation.
U3 is the only one in the series which required an install. Its listed at 1gb on the box. To reiterate my I just said, people didn't like the installs on the PS3 when they first started but understood why they were done. Reducing load times and making the games run smoother was a valid reason and benefited the gamer. Install just for the sake of blocking used games, doesn't. And not even a small partial install at that. A full game install just seems like a waste of HDD space, especially for people that make use of digital content that can be found on XBLA

Last edited by Havok83; 03-22-2013 at 04:49 AM.
Old 03-22-2013, 02:39 PM   #885
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuisTX85 View Post
Most of the free publicity is negative and people talking about jumping to Sony/PS4 IF rumors are true though
But it's not like being falsely accused of a heinous crime where the damage can stick even if a court finds you innocent. If they have an upbeat conference with a load of great features and they add a footnote (like Sony did) that btw used games will play & you don't need always online, there will have been zero damage from these rumours. It will probably have had a positive effect due to the (false) managing of expectations & the extra morbid doom & gloom interest in what they're going to say. And again if it's all true best to get the rumours circulating now so that noone is turned off more than they would be by a horrific surprise during the conference that leads to them making an emotional rather than logical switch to the other brand.

Old 03-22-2013, 08:16 PM   #886
X Knight
Taking a Break

it would be something if all these next XBOX rumors are true.......AND if Playstation 4 will start charging sub fees for all the online features.

if that's the case, I'll prob say **** it and just skip the next gen altogether.

Disney Lover and Proud!!
Old 03-22-2013, 08:31 PM   #887
The Squirrel
Le Rongeur

I have a feeling that the PS4 will charge for a lot of their online features. But I hope they keep the basic of playing a game online free.

Old 03-25-2013, 11:27 PM   #888
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
then you dont a lot of games on the system? Most PS3 games require an install.
I have a lot of games, the only ones that really required installs were the really, really big ones like Dragon Age, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Grand Theft Auto IV. I don't recall having to install the Uncharted games. But my Ratchet and Clanks, inFamouses, God of Wars, etc. didn't need them.

Old 03-26-2013, 04:33 AM   #889
Havok83
Side-Kick

Quote:
I have a lot of games, the only ones that really required installs were the really, really big ones like Dragon Age, Metal Gear Solid 4, and Grand Theft Auto IV. I don't recall having to install the Uncharted games. But my Ratchet and Clanks, inFamouses, God of Wars, etc. didn't need them.
Both Infamous games required an install of about 2gb and while the first two Uncharted games didn't need one, the 3rd one however did. This is definetly not a thing primarily of the past. Its become more prevalent over the years once developers realized they could use it to make up for the PS3's BR drive speed limitation. With games becoming bigger and more complicated this late in the life cycle as oppose to early on, its become more of a necessity in order for that data to be accessed faster

Old 03-26-2013, 08:02 AM   #890
Donut
Side-Kick

Microsoft really needs to announce this son of a ***** & kill the rumors

Old 03-26-2013, 12:42 PM   #891
hippie_hunter
The King is Back!
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
Both Infamous games required an install of about 2gb and while the first two Uncharted games didn't need one, the 3rd one however did. This is definetly not a thing primarily of the past. Its become more prevalent over the years once developers realized they could use it to make up for the PS3's BR drive speed limitation. With games becoming bigger and more complicated this late in the life cycle as oppose to early on, its become more of a necessity in order for that data to be accessed faster
Why the hell do I not remember installing these games then?

Old 03-26-2013, 03:26 PM   #892
LuisTX85
Señor Zorro

Quote:
Originally Posted by X Knight View Post
it would be something if all these next XBOX rumors are true.......AND if Playstation 4 will start charging sub fees for all the online features.

if that's the case, I'll prob say **** it and just skip the next gen altogether.
It would be something IF the next Xbox rumors are completly false AND IF Playstation 4 still doesn't charge sub fees..BUT some how Sony goes bankrupt and Microsoft buys them or at least the gaming division..And the generation after Wii U/PS4&Xbox 3 becomes just MS&Nintendo(with them being the only company left truly caring about games/gamers&developers)with Sony just being a game developer like Sega.

Don't think that would be something good

Old 03-26-2013, 03:38 PM   #893
Parker Wayne
Classic Spider-Bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donut View Post
Microsoft really needs to announce this son of a ***** & kill the rumors
They really do. So far, like the PS3 before it's launch, all these rumors are not exciting, but killing the buzz and excitement for the next gen because of all these patents and ideas that are getting thrown around. The bad idea rumors are overshadowing and outweighing the good ones by a ton.

Parker Wayne will destroy us all as the Light beckons us to his unearthly call. Like a drop of cool condensation cascading down the side of a glass on a hot summer's day, we too will evaporate into The Void.
Old 03-26-2013, 03:44 PM   #894
LuisTX85
Señor Zorro

Isn't it expected to be announced in April?,Few weeks to go!

Old 03-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #895
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

End of April. Still a ways off.

Old 03-26-2013, 09:34 PM   #896
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker Wayne View Post
They really do. So far, like the PS3 before it's launch, all these rumors are not exciting, but killing the buzz and excitement for the next gen because of all these patents and ideas that are getting thrown around. The bad idea rumors are overshadowing and outweighing the good ones by a ton.
The PS4 rumours weren't exciting because half of them were made up and the actual good stuff was kept secret so that the conference could have an impact. Noone predicted those cool new features. They were too busy talking about it having gone with not enough RAM & not being able to play used games especially after that patent reveal. Rumours & apparent leaks & next gen stories will always be around even if nothing is leaked (even if Sony & Microsoft had decided not to do a new console lol) as they're essential to get hits.

So they don't really need to do anything other than have an awesome conference & a great product. I don't see any long term damage from negative rumours. People are only interested in them up to the point until facts become available so all the current negativity will either go in a flash during that conference or we'll get some real justified negativity!

Old 03-29-2013, 10:06 PM   #897
SolarTiger
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolarTiger View Post
End of April. Still a ways off.
Scratch that.

Xbox 720, Durango announcement delayed a month

http://www.examiner.com/article/xbox...elayed-a-month

Old 03-29-2013, 10:33 PM   #898
Iceman
Sir Hunter Rider

Wow, didn't expect it to be so long after the Sony event. On the subject of rumours and how much weight people are putting into them...remember that rumour about Sony's 'wait & see approach'...waiting for the XBox conference before unveiling their own product.

Old 03-31-2013, 10:13 PM   #899
Soapy
It's happening again...

Bonus Round - Microsoft's Next Move

Old 04-01-2013, 12:31 AM   #900
NextGenHero
The Dreamer

Actually the next console by microsoft doesn't have anything to do with gaming. I read it in a game informer. Its actually pretty cool check it out!

Closed Thread