The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > TV Series > The Walking Dead

Old 03-28-2013, 03:09 PM   #226
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 15 "This Sorrowful Life" Discussion Thread

Yeah that was actually Rick's fault Oscar died. He was hallucinating about Shane (which was actually Oscar's killer) in the middle of a gunfight (of all places) and could've prevented Oscar's death. If Rick had killed or shot the shooter before he got a shot off at Oscar. Maybe Oscar would've made it out of Woodbury alive that night. Tbh, I knew Oscar wouldn't make it out alive the moment he volunteered to help Rick, Michonne and Daryl. If the writers are too afraid to write off a major character than write off a minor one instead. Just like they with Axel. That seems to be the case with some of these eps.

Elevator Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 04:19 PM   #227
Agent Z
Side-Kick

Default Re: The Walking Dead Season 3 Episode 15 "This Sorrowful Life" Discussion Thread

I'm going out on a limb and saying that it was the shooter who was actually at fault for shooting and killing Oscar.

Would it have been great if Rick (or anyone else, for that matter) would have stopped or intercepted the shooter before he pulled the trigger? Of course, but it was still the shooter's decision that really killed Oscar.

Agent Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 10:31 PM   #228
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

Well yeah it was the shooter's fault that Oscar died. Since he's the one who killed Oscar, but it still doesn't change the fact that Rick could've prevented that from happening. Guaranteed if Andrea was in the same position as Rick and let Oscar die. Nobody would defend her or make excuses for her like some are doing for Rick. No offense but Rick could've prevented Oscar's death, but he gets off b/c he's the lead character.

Old 03-28-2013, 11:14 PM   #229
DeGenerate10
Br Ba

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elevator Man View Post
Well yeah it was the shooter's fault that Oscar died. Since he's the one who killed Oscar, but it still doesn't change the fact that Rick could've prevented that from happening. Guaranteed if Andrea was in the same position as Rick and let Oscar die. Nobody would defend her or make excuses for her like some are doing for Rick. No offense but Rick could've prevented Oscar's death, but he gets off b/c he's the lead character.
There's just no protecting the black characters on the Walking Dead

Old 03-28-2013, 11:52 PM   #230
Elevator Man
Side-Kick

You know what gets me is that Rick tells Axel that Oscar "died fighting" or something to that extent. No Rick! Oscar died because you didn't cover him when he was helping Glenn get over that barricade. The sad thing is, when Andrew was causing havoc at the prison, Oscar saved Rick by shooting Andrew instead of him. He could've easily killed Rick (with his own gun no less) or let Andrew kill him with that ax, but he didn't. He proved to Rick that he's loyal and earned Rick's trust in the group. Oh well. I'll stop ranting, but that scene when Oscar dies always frustrates me b/c it could've easily been prevented.

Last edited by Elevator Man; 03-28-2013 at 11:57 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 12:40 AM   #231
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Thinking about it now, it really does kind of suck they didn't save at least one prisoner. Axel's shock value death robbed us of some great potential I think.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Darthphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:13 AM   #232
HighFivingMF
Welp.

It's totally Rick's fault for choosing the particular way he reacted to his wife's death.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:00 AM   #233
Agent Z
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Thinking about it now, it really does kind of suck they didn't save at least one prisoner. Axel's shock value death robbed us of some great potential I think.
I don't know. I wasn't buying Axel's stories wholesale. I still didn't trust him to the end. I think that bullet may have saved the group from a wolf in sheep's clothing.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:02 AM   #234
Agent Z
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighFivingMF View Post
It's totally Rick's fault for choosing the particular way he reacted to his wife's death.
From what I have gathered through these last few posts, Rick up and shot Oscar himself....