The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > The Wolverine

Closed Thread

Old 03-28-2013, 01:33 PM   #151
JP
Smelly

Default Re: News & Discussion Thread - Part 3

Interesting theory, but then why not just use the guy who plays his younger self in the flashback sequence?

Old 03-28-2013, 02:02 PM   #152
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superhero 101 View Post
So is the old guy on the bed supposed to be a older Shingen and then after he takes Wolverine's healing ability he becomes the Shingen played by Hiroyuki Sanada?
If they're going by the comic book wouldn't it be more in keeping with the spirit of the comic's story if Shingen were the soldier guy's son? I mean Hugh did say in a way the guy he saved lived to become 'King of Japan' in a way and in the comic Shingen is a disgraced crime boss who claims to have a legitimate claim to the throne.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.

Last edited by The Infernal; 03-28-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old 03-28-2013, 02:48 PM   #153
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

I am bettin the older japanese guy Is shingen's father.

Old 03-28-2013, 02:53 PM   #154
The Infernal
Life's End Boss

That's what I'm thinking. It would be more in keeping with the comic than the old soldier being Shingen himself. Shingen would be the disgraced crime boss son whom the father disowned and threw out of the company in this case, I expect.

My worst fear: When I die all I see is a sign saying 'level 2'. Which means I have to live all of this all over again. Only on a higher difficulty setting.
Old 03-28-2013, 09:38 PM   #155
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
So, being a huge fan of the original Claremont/Miller mini-series, I have to ask this question:

Is anyone concerned about Shingin? Shingin was the main antagonist in that arc, and one of my favorite foils for Wolverine in general. The emotional and physical ways in which he hurt Wolverine were great, and it's something I've wanted to see translated to film for a very long time.

I was expecting him to be the main baddie in this film, the Emperor to the Silver Samurai's Darth Vader if you will. However, after everything we've seen, including the trailers, I'm starting to think that Shingin will be more of a side character and Viper/SS will be the main villains, which is something that would be very disappointing to me.

Does anybody else feel the same?
Shingen could still be the main antagonist.

Marketing-wise, Viper and Silver Samurai are more appealing because they got powers? and costumes so maybe thats why they are more prominent in the trailers than Shingen. But that doesn't automatically mean, they are more important in the story than Shingen.

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 03-29-2013, 02:07 AM   #156
Superhero 101
DESI

wow nice to see the international trailer have 6000000 views

Old 03-29-2013, 02:28 AM   #157
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

The movie is trending!!!

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 03-29-2013, 03:06 AM   #158
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

the intensity of the fight scene in the trailer where he get his cheek cut was awesome. hope all the fights are like that. also hugh is jacked man. he's huge. he's huge jackedman.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 03-29-2013, 03:07 AM   #159
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

He's making all kinds of gains. All kindzz.

Also I think I'll be the first to say that I actually really like the bullet train fight scene. Yeah, I said it.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arata 新 View Post
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Monica Bellucci for Hippolyta in SvB
Old 03-29-2013, 03:11 AM   #160
Nathan
Probationary Ban - I will return in a few days.

Btw, do we know if the Ninjas in the Movie are from The Hand, or are they just regular Ninjas?

Old 03-29-2013, 03:13 AM   #161
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigdbfan View Post
He's making all kinds of gains. All kindzz.

Also I think I'll be the first to say that I actually really like the bullet train fight scene. Yeah, I said it.
you should change your avatar to the international trailer version of those couple of frames; it's more violent and awesome

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 03-29-2013, 03:23 AM   #162
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
Btw, do we know if the Ninjas in the Movie are from The Hand, or are they just regular Ninjas?
We don't know yet. It would be cool if they do incorporate them into this. Fox has the rights too seeing as they first appeared in a Daredevil issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
you should change your avatar to the international trailer version of those couple of frames; it's more violent and awesome
I'll look into it.

For every man there is a cause which he would proudly die for. Defend the right to have a place for which he can belong to...and every man will fight with his bare hands in desperation...and shed his blood to stem the flood to barricade invasion.
Quote:
I don't like how USA portray Godzilla. Godzilla is a good man and kind man. Why can't Americans see this?
Old 03-29-2013, 03:28 AM   #163
Nathan

I actually hope they'll be another Ninja organization. I know it'd be true to the comics, but I never liked dissolving Ninjas.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:42 AM   #164
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

They probably won't be the hand. Seeing as realism seems to be key for this film.

Quote:
Old 03-29-2013, 04:18 AM   #165
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
They probably won't be the hand. Seeing as realism seems to be key for this film.
I don't know about that. There's a fight on a bullet train. I mean, I'm no expert, but I don't think a normal man can stay on top of a train going 250mph and not get blown off. Not to mentioned the advanced tech/scifi stuff we've glimpsed in the trailers.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Old 03-29-2013, 04:21 AM   #166
Nathan

That's why they aren't standing and only manage to stay on the train, because the one guy holds onto a knife that he jammed into the roof and Logan uses his claws.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:23 AM   #167
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

I just hope that SS gets to keep his tachyon ability or at least for his sword (Muramasa) to emit this tachyon energy.

Quote:
Old 03-29-2013, 04:24 AM   #168
Infinity9999x
Side-Kick

Quote:
That's why they aren't standing and only manage to stay on the train, because the one guy holds onto a knife that he jammed into the roof and Logan uses his claws.
Yeah, I don't think jamming a knife into the roof is going to keep you on a train going 250 mph. Dude must have some intense grip strength.

my veiws on Raimi's Spider-man
Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
here
just scoll down

X-men Short film:

http://vimeo.com/41530049
Old 03-29-2013, 04:25 AM   #169
Nathan

Definitely, I need some Metal Gear Rising craziness in the Movie. Silver Samurai being able to cut through anything, only with Wolverine's Adamantium laced skeleton being able to withstand his attacks.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:27 AM   #170
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinity9999x View Post
Yeah, I don't think jamming a knife into the roof is going to keep you on a train going 250 mph. Dude must have some intense grip strength.
It's the same thing with TDK and the Fulton surface to air system (Skyhook). Had Batman really been going that fast when being reeled in with Lau both of them would have snapped every single bone in their body but they didn't.

When I say "realism" I mean that quite loosely.

Quote:
Definitely, I need some Metal Gear Rising craziness in the Movie. Silver Samurai being able to cut through anything, only with Wolverine's Adamantium laced skeleton being able to withstand his attacks.
Damn that sounds awesome. I think us getting something like that (the Tachyon powered Muramasa) is likely seeing as that souped up Silver Samurai v2.0 seems to have a more high tech looking sword based on the quick glimpse we got.

Quote:
Old 03-29-2013, 05:01 AM   #171
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
We don't know yet. It would be cool if they do incorporate them into this. Fox has the rights too seeing as they first appeared in a Daredevil issue.

I'll look into it.
I thought Marvel got the Daredevil rights back?

Quote:
Too much cheese I think to claim realism. If they are going for that, why add the shedding?

Old 03-29-2013, 05:05 AM   #172
Nathan

Well, mutants with outlandish powers have already have been established. A Ninja organization with their warriors vaporizing when killed, that's another dose of craziness that would require some explanation.

Old 03-29-2013, 05:22 AM   #173
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarthSkywalker View Post
I thought Marvel got the Daredevil rights back?
They did. I forgot.

Quote:
Too much cheese I think to claim realism. If they are going for that, why add the shedding?
Selective realism. Just like every other "realistic" superhero movie out there.

Quote:
Old 03-29-2013, 05:27 AM   #174
DarthSkywalker
We Are Hunter Rider

Quote:
They did. I forgot.

Selective realism. Just like every other "realistic" superhero movie out there.
I think it is less realism, and more about grounded plausibility. Nolan's Batman wasn't all that realistic, but it was grounded and stuck to some ideas and rules that allowed it to be plausible.

It is kind of hard to take emotions seriously as you are watching ridiculous stuff like the train sequence. oh look, Logan is suffering on the inside. But then there are ninjas and Logan blowing stuff up with his claws again.

Old 03-29-2013, 05:35 AM   #175
craigdbfan
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

There was nothing plausible about how the Skyhook system was used in TDK. It's as silly as the train fight in The Wolverine is. Like I said, Batman and Lau would have been two contorted corpses by the time they were reeled back into that carrier.

While I will agree that visually it was presented in a more plausible fashion in TDK (for a layman) when it comes down to the actions themselves they're both completely impossible.

Quote:
Closed Thread