The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-29-2013, 12:11 PM   #1
R_Hythlodeus
Nerd Supreme

Default Robert Redford offically joins Cap:TWS

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment...,5513163.story
Quote:
Robert Redford's 'new territory' with 'Captain America' sequel

By Mark Olsen March 29, 2013, 8:00 a.m.

Though Robert Redford may be the very platonic ideal of a movie star -- a matinee idol from films such as "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid," "The Sting," "The Way We Were," "The Electric Horseman" and "Out of Africa" -- he has of late been involved with smaller-scale, socially conscious dramas. So many were surprised last week by the news that Redford would be appearing in the Marvel Studios comic-book action sequel "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" as a senior leader in the secret government agency of S.H.I.E.L.D.
"I'm doing this film because it's different. It's a new thing for me," Redford explained during a Q&A as part of the L.A. Times Indie Focus Screening Series this week. The Academy Award winner was appearing at his own Sundance Sunset Cinema in support of his latest effort as director, producer and star, "The Company You Keep." A thriller about former '60s radicals forced to confront their pasts in the present day, "Company" also stars Shia LaBeouf, Brit Marling, Susan Sarandon and Julie Christie.
Though the 76-year-old Redford has not previously appeared in a contemporary superhero/comic-book movie like "Captain America," he added: "I think these films are really powerful. I think they're great. This is the kind of film I would have loved to see as a kid."
He confirmed it himself.

And I think the man deserves his own thread!

RANDOM BLOCKBUSTER SEQUEL: RETURN OF THE RISING DARKNESS
------------------------------

ZWERG/ELF

a fantasy RPG based bilingual webcomic

R_Hythlodeus is offline   Reply With Quote