The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 02:21 PM   #801
Angamb
Banned User

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

with all the great news and excitment these latest months, since November, in fact..

Singer has just dissapointed me after all these years

What's the point of bringing new x-men on FC if they were gonna drop them on the sequel? no other franchise has done this in the past. Where is the magic of continuity? keeping the same characters and letting the audience know them and enjoy their journeys? Even if just on two movies?

Harry Potter, Pirates, Narnia... all the franchises have kept the characters from the first movie

but Singer cant do it now, after FC?

thanks, Singer. I was really hyped with the FC characters getting a second chance, but no, only four actor will return.

This event movie is not Combining the two casts anymore, It just have 4 actors of FC. Thats not the cast of FC, thats just 4 actors, and I dont care if they were the lead roles. 4 actors alone is really really poor to me

Old 03-29-2013, 02:26 PM   #802
Electrix
Side-Kick

I liked Banshee and he served his purpose in X-Men: First Class (finding the submarine), but I can see why him (and Havok) have not been included. They are secondary characters and I'd much rather they focus on the characters people actually care about.

Hopefully this paves the way for young Storm, Jean, and Cyclops to join the 70s X-Men.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:28 PM   #803
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
with all the great news and excitment these latest months, since November, in fact..

Singer has just dissapointed me after all these years

What's the point of bringing new x-men on FC if they were gonna drop them on the sequel? no other franchise has done this in the past. Where is the magic of continuity? keeping the same characters and letting the audience know them and enjoy their journeys? Even if just on two movies?

Harry Potter, Pirates, Narnia... all the franchises have kept the characters from the first movie

but Singer cant do it now, after FC?

thanks, Singer. I was really hyped with the FC characters getting a second chance, but no, only four actor will return.

This event movie is not Combining the two casts anymore, It just have 4 actors of FC. Thats not the cast of FC, thats just 4 actors, and I dont care if they were the lead roles. 4 actors alone is really really poor to me
wanna know the obvious difference between those franchises and the X-men one?

They don't "Plan as you go" Singer and Fox have never mapped out a film series for these film... Singer started to with X2 going into X3.. but he dumped FOX for SR just like majority of the FC is now getting dumped. if Millar is on board to create a cohesive universe, they've already flubbed that up

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 03-29-2013, 02:28 PM   #804
MarvelU
Side-Kick

If Fassbenders Magneto and McCavoys Professor X really develop in this next film then all should be forgiven IMO. Besides that is who they need to really focus on in these prequel films.

Last edited by MarvelU; 03-29-2013 at 02:32 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:29 PM   #805
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

What a typical reaction. Ride along happily with all the great news and excitement, then throw the **** at the guy at the first time of disappointment.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Old 03-29-2013, 02:35 PM   #806
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norek View Post
What a typical reaction. Ride along happily with all the great news and excitement, then throw the **** at the guy at the first time of disappointment.
Well, Singer or someone else involved could have pre-empted that disappointment by explaining/announcing it themselves.

People are going to wonder what became of those who were alive at the end of First Class.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:37 PM   #807
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Caleb Landry Jones doesn't necessarily mean that he character isn't returning, as he could have been recast with an older actor, though I do doubt that the character is returning at all, and the same goes for Havok which is too bad. I'd hate to see a slew of new mutants that would be in the same underdeveloped boat Havok and Banshee were in when we could have seen these two again and fleshed out a bit more. That just seems silly to me. But, perhaps quite a few, if not, all the future X-men will be traveling to 1973.

Or, Scott, Jean, and Ororo could be on the team.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:39 PM   #808
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post
Well, Singer or someone else involved could have pre-empted that disappointment by explaining/announcing it themselves.

People are going to wonder what became of those who were alive at the end of First Class.
So? Would that automatically reduce the quality of the movie?

Old 03-29-2013, 02:42 PM   #809
DarknessOfDeath
Something grows dark

Well I...for one, am not too worried. Im glad that Fassbender, McAvoy, Lawrence and Hoult are back since their characters are the most notable ones from FC.

Eva Green for Jean Grey/Dark Phoenix if Marvel gets the rights back for X-Men.

ďIt is some kind of a cosmic force that somehow felt drawn to Jean and her powers. It inhabited her body and mind, which made Jean vulnerable to losing control of her extended powers. Iíve seen what this cosmic entity can do, for I looked into Jeanís conscious mind and saw some things I didnít like and Scott, believe me; it is unlike anything weíve encountered of our time.Ē - Xavier
Old 03-29-2013, 02:45 PM   #810
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Its a mistake the franchise has not fixed. Like someone else posted, this series does not plan ahead. Thats the problem. Of course this film can still be good, but they have dropped and ****ed over more then a few characters along the way. They need to plan the franchise for once and choose to use characters who who will be developed over time. Not just one shots.

Start choosing characters for development not just powers.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:48 PM   #811
X-Maniac
High Evolutionary

Quote:
It's not going to do a lot for the concept of continuity. I'm not surprised or upset at the absence of Banshee (and likely Havok as well as Emma, Azazel, Riptide and Angel Salvadore), but it's going to be a disappointment for many X-Men fans.

The mainstream audience won't care or remember, but I don't know if that's a good reasoning for filmmakers to use (that people won't care or remember).

From a fans' viewpoint, and a continuity perspective, it's a shame we won't see more of those characters, especially Emma, Havok and Banshee. It almost makes it feel like there is another unmade movie between First Class and DoFP that covers the events from 1962 to 1973.

It's also beginning to look like they might add a young Jean, Scott and Storm into DoFP. Or maybe bring back Famke and James as older Jean and Scott. Keeping only Beast at the mansion in 1973 would be odd - not an X-Men team at all and not much of a school. What have Xavier and Beast been doing for 11 years?

Old 03-29-2013, 02:51 PM   #812
MarvelU
Side-Kick

The thing with the X-Men is that it's a team film. There might not be enough time to develop every X-men on the team. The ones that they chose to develop are Magneto, Professor X, Mystique, and Beast. That is a good number to develop regarding the characters in the last movie. Besides you still have the other future X-Men and their stories.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:52 PM   #813
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
sorta.. they are some of the biggest complaints about the entire franchise...

why bring in a summer's brother if you never plan on making the relation?

[=]
Old 03-29-2013, 02:55 PM   #814
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarvelU View Post
The thing with the X-Men is that it's a team film. There might not be enough time to develop every X-men on the team. The ones that they chose to develop are Magneto, Professor X, Mystique, and Beast. That is a good number to develop regarding the characters in the last movie. Besides you still have the other future X-Men and their stories.
the problem is... Mystique/Xavier/and Magneto already have a quite clear cut out of who they are and how we know them. they don't need much development

[=]
Old 03-29-2013, 02:55 PM   #815
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
The thing with the X-Men is that it's a team film. There might not be enough time to develop every X-men on the team. The ones that they chose to develop Magneto, Professor X, Mystique, and Beast. That is a decent number to develop concerning new characters introduced in the last movie. Besides you still have the other future X-Men and their stories.

But, that's the funny thing. Only one of those characters is a member of the X-Men, one is the founder, and the other two are villains. DOFP should focus on the actual team.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:56 PM   #816
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMM View Post
To be fair, I doubt Jones or Till were getting anyone excited beyond us.
Exactly.

I'm actually pleased that Havok will not be in this film; technically he had no business being in First Class anyway. Banshee is okay, but...Siryn is so much more interesting in my opinion.

My hope is that the deletion of these characters will open the doors for the casting of a young Scott, Jean and Ororo.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:00 PM   #817
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Good riddance I say. I was not a fan of FC and I've always thought it would have been a better movie had it been just Charles and Mags and some supporting characters. As it was they've already messed up their own continuity by introducing Xavier with "some of [his] first students" that were not Cyclops, Storm and Jean. And bigger issue still, it was team members that were disposable/forgettable and some horrible and cringe-worthy acting (even from JLaw).

Quote:
Originally Posted by X-Maniac View Post

Somehow I seriously doubt this negative reaction from these same people would be different had Singer pre-empted the leak from some guy on twitter.

Quote:
True dat.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:02 PM   #818
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
Exactly.

I'm actually pleased that Havok will not be in this film; technically he had no business being in First Class anyway. Banshee is okay, but...Siryn is so much more interesting in my opinion.

My hope is that the deletion of these characters will open the doors for the casting of a young Scott, Jean and Ororo.
I just want a scene somewhere in the franchise that has Banshee drop off Syrin at the school... all we have is fan continuity... to peace the crap together...

like we assume Mystique and Azazel get together to make NC.... hell I almost assume Havok is actually Scott's dad in the movie universe.

[=]
Old 03-29-2013, 03:03 PM   #819
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

I'm actually against the idea of bringing back something just for the sake of continuity. Banshee and Havoc were not bad, but they were not very interesting either. I felt like Till was trying too hard to look and act like a badass, to the point of actually being laughable on certain occasions. Banshee was alright, but again, replacable and I'm not heartbroken that he's not coming back. The four main characters that were actually relevant are all back, so I'm glad for that.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:04 PM   #820
MarvelU
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
the problem is... Mystique/Xavier/and Magneto already have a quite clear cut out of who they are and how we know them. they don't need much development
I thought it was clear that these pre-quel films were about Professor X and Magneto beginning. Which means they will get lots of development even if they have been introduced in the past as older and former friends. This film is a big project, I hear it might be the biggest X-Men film to date. They have quite a few X-men from the past returning as well as some from these new films. They can't obviously develop every single person from The first class. Just imagine how much they can accomplish if they spend their time focusing on the characters that have already been developed instead of working to develop Emma Frost, Angel, Banshee, Havok, and Azazel. Plus they still have some new characters to develop that will be central to the plot of Days of The Future Past. That is more than enough.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:04 PM   #821
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
why bring in a summer's brother if you never plan on making the relation?
Exactly. Seems Fox, Vaughn and Singer or whoever else just don't care about making that connection. They just needed someone with a new power to fill that role who they havnt used yet. Im sure they will do the same in this film as well.

The X-Men and villains drop out of these films faster then teens in a slasher pic.

Last edited by def28; 03-29-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:06 PM   #822
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
I just want a scene somewhere in the franchise that has Banshee drop off Syrin at the school... all we have is fan continuity... to peace the crap together...

like we assume Mystique and Azazel get together to make NC....
hell I almost assume Havok is actually Scott's dad in the movie universe.
I actually lol'ed at this part.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:06 PM   #823
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Exactly. Seems Fox, Vaughn and Singer or whoever else could care less about making that connection. They just needed someone with a new power to fill that role who they havnt used yet. Im sure they will do the same in this film as well.

The X-Men and villains drop out of these films faster then teens in a slasher pic.
Pet peeve: The correct expression is: coudn't care less

Sorry that really bugs me.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:09 PM   #824
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Pet peeve: The correct expression is: coudn't care less

Sorry that really bugs me.
Fixed. Happy?

Old 03-29-2013, 03:10 PM   #825
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
I thought it was clear that these pre-quel films were about Professor X and Magneto beginning. Which means they will get lots of development even if they have been introduced in the past as older and former friends. This film is a big project, I hear it might be the biggest X-Men film to date. They have quite a few X-men from the past returning as well as some from these new films. They can't obviously develop every single person from The first class. Just imagine how much they can accomplish if they spend their time focusing on the characters that have already been developed instead of working to develop Emma Frost, Angel, Banshee, Havok, and Azazel. Plus they still have some new characters to develop that will be central to the plot of Days of The Future Past. That is more than enough.
i get that, but Unfortunately.. other than the wolverine spin-offs.... the entire franchise is mostly about Xavier and Magneto already... it's time to give some good development on the teams themselves.

[=]
Closed Thread