The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 03:11 PM   #826
Lightning Strykez!
Former Mod On Pension Pay

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

The bottom line is that in Singer's original movie universe, Scott, Storm and Jean were among Xavier's first students. Somehow that got lost in translation for First Class. In my opinion, deleting all of these B and C-list characters is actually a good thing. None of them--Dawin, Havok, Angel, Tornado Boyeeee, Azazael, etc--were interesting.

Emma was dry as hell too.

The best of the rest is coming back and I think if they enhance their presence with the addition of young Storm, Jean and Scott, it will actually raise the stakes for the future events, perhaps even preventing Scott and Jean's death and thereby "fixin s***" as Bryan has been promising to do.

I, for one, am very, very happy with these deletions.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:11 PM   #827
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by spideyboy_1111 View Post
.why bring in a summer's brother if you never plan on making the relation?
Because his powers are cool.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:13 PM   #828
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by def28 View Post
Fixed. Happy?
Nope. You still messed it up.

Quote:
Exactly. Seems Fox, Vaughn and Singer or whoever else couldn't about making that connection.
LOL

Last edited by EnDz0n3; 03-29-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 03:14 PM   #829
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
with all the great news and excitment these latest months, since November, in fact..

Singer has just dissapointed me after all these years

What's the point of bringing new x-men on FC if they were gonna drop them on the sequel? no other franchise has done this in the past. Where is the magic of continuity? keeping the same characters and letting the audience know them and enjoy their journeys? Even if just on two movies?

Harry Potter, Pirates, Narnia... all the franchises have kept the characters from the first movie

but Singer cant do it now, after FC?

thanks, Singer. I was really hyped with the FC characters getting a second chance, but no, only four actor will return.

This event movie is not Combining the two casts anymore, It just have 4 actors of FC. Thats not the cast of FC, thats just 4 actors, and I dont care if they were the lead roles. 4 actors alone is really really poor to me
I am actually shocked by your post.

You've been clamoring for us to get X4. It should be pretty clear now that that's exactly what we're getting at this point. How could you, of all posters, not be happy? It is simply impossible to have the cake and eat it too, ya know.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:17 PM   #830
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by EnDz0n3 View Post
Nope. You still messed it up.

LOL

Old 03-29-2013, 03:17 PM   #831
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post
The bottom line is that in Singer's original movie universe, Scott, Storm and Jean were among Xavier's first students. Somehow that got lost in translation for First Class. In my opinion, deleting all of these B and C-list characters is actually a good thing. None of them--Dawin, Havok, Angel, Tornado Boyeeee, Azazael, etc--were interesting.

The best of the rest is coming back and I think if they enhance their presence with the addition of young Storm, Jean and Scott, it will actually raise the stakes for the future events, perhaps even preventing Scott and Jean's death and thereby "fixin s***" as Bryan has been promising to do.

it's good for you because you didn't like them anyway... but the damage is done. making more continuity and plot holes just keeps weakening the franchise.. hell at least GI JOE retaliation explains it by "they all died"

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 03-29-2013, 03:19 PM   #832
EnDz0n3
Side-Kick

Eleven years has passed is good enough reason as any. And those characters were not very good...

Old 03-29-2013, 03:19 PM   #833
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lightning Strykez! View Post

If this ends up happening, I can overlook Havok and Banshee not returning, but if we see a team like Beast, Thunderbird, and Blink, or something ****** like that, I'll

Old 03-29-2013, 03:21 PM   #834
DarknessOfDeath
We're badasses...

The only characters I really cared about were the main four that they focused on whereas the secondary characters were ... well...okay but wasn't enough to grab my attention considering they had less scenes.

Anyway, I just hope...for the sake of trying to make a decent X-film, that Singer and co know what they're doing.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:26 PM   #835
Electrix
Side-Kick

Quote:
it's good for you because you didn't like them anyway... but the damage is done. making more continuity and plot holes just keeps weakening the franchise.. hell at least GI JOE retaliation explains it by "they all died"
Days of Future Past is 10 years after First Class. People move on. It's not a plot hole or continuity error. It's just how the story is developing.

We don't need explanations as to why Banshee and Emma Frost aren't around. We may get hints, but it's not needed.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:33 PM   #836
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
If this ends up happening, I can overlook Havok and Banshee not returning, but if we see a team like Beast, Thunderbird, and Blink, or something ****** like that, I'll
It will probably be like that... unless they are cool with continuity being off again.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:34 PM   #837
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

Quote:
What makes you think their absence won't be addressed and explained?

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Old 03-29-2013, 03:38 PM   #838
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrix View Post
Days of Future Past is 10 years after First Class. People move on. It's not a plot hole or continuity error. It's just how the story is developing.

We don't need explanations as to why Banshee and Emma Frost aren't around. We may get hints, but it's not needed.
im quite aware of that... but when the X-men "team" goes from Xavier, Beast, Havok, Banshee, to just Xavier and Beast... it'd be nice to have some sort of explanation. even if just verbal

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
Old 03-29-2013, 03:39 PM   #839
Mulholland-Jr
Banned User

Characters are dropped all the time in the comics. How does that affect it's continuity and create plot holes?

Besides, Banshee and Havok already served their purpose in First Class. They weren't characters that needed to have more character development. Could they have? Of course, but it's definitely not necessary. It's a totally different story when it comes to the main characters like Magneto, Xavier, Beast, and Mystique who obviously need more development after the way First Class ended becaue their story isn't over. Banshee and Havok were minor characters, and they served their purpose by having their own mini character arcs and had their moment in the climax. It's wrapped up in a nice, neat little bow when it ends. Nothing else is needed from them, and the movie certainly will not falter because of their absence.

Now I know what Marvel fanboys are talking about when they say X-Men fans are childish...

Last edited by Mulholland-Jr; 03-29-2013 at 03:57 PM. Reason: sp
Old 03-29-2013, 03:44 PM   #840
Double B
Side-Kick

Oh thank GOD.

FC's biggest failure was the horrific cast of supporting characters. The less of them, the better.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:45 PM   #841
magneto23
Side-Kick

I don't get it. They can waste screen time on a played out Bobby/Rogue relationship and a mute colossus but they can't give a little screen time to a couple of supporting characters that we just met?

Old 03-29-2013, 03:45 PM   #842
def28
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulholland '49 View Post
Characters are dropped all the time in the comics. How does that affect it's continuity and create plot holes?
After they serve their arc yeah. If DOFP is supposed to be a sequel to FC and we are just getting power replacement characters then yeah I would rather see those characters brought back. There were complaints about FC that the X -Men didn't have enough focus. It's not odd to be disappointed in that.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:53 PM   #843
Mulholland-Jr
Banned User

Quote:
After they serve their arc yeah. If DOFP is supposed to be a sequel to FC and we are just getting power replacement characters then yeah I would rather see those characters brought back. There were complaints about FC that the X -Men didn't have enough focus. It's not odd to be disappointed in that.
Singer already explained DOFP is not meant to be a direct sequel to First Class many times.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:56 PM   #844
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Havok and Banshee may still be In film with older actors playing them.But,let's say they are both dropped along with Emma,Azarel,Riptide,and Angel Salvatore.

This Isn't really direct sequel to first Class.It's basiclly X4 serving as both prequel and sequel to X-Men trilogy.

This Isn't going to be 90 percent In past and 10 percent In future more likely going to be split 50/50 or 60/40 between 2 time peroids.

The focus In 1973 part of film Is going to be on Xavier,Magneto,Mystique,Beast,and Peter Dinklage's character and future will be focused on Xavier,Magneto,and Wolverine.

Any remaining characters announced for 1973 will be for secondary Characters who will get no focus and just be there.

If you pay attention to list of actors Bryan SInger showed on twitter It shows only 1 major character yet to be announced while the rest of blank spaces are secondary roles.
My bet Is the major role left may be whoever Is playing Nixon while blank spaces for rest of roles are for 1973 X-Men.Blink may be a future character and Omar Sy and Booboo
Stewert could be playing Snych and Sunspot as Magneto's new henchman.

Plus there Is also possibilty of another trilogy vet In film.

I don't think Cyclops,Jean,and Storm will be In 1973 part of film.Origins and Last stand make It hard for cyclops and Jean to make the cut prior to time traveler arriving.And the time travel could be Xavier switching minds If they stick to comic version.If they don't stick to It Wolverine will defently be time traveling

Old 03-29-2013, 03:59 PM   #845
Norek
Yvonne Strahotski <3

DOFP is actually a dual sequel to both FC and X3, and it does come after FC, so yeah, it is a direct sequel.

"Films are worth seeing period, even the bad ones." - Blue Sugar
Old 03-29-2013, 04:02 PM   #846
Mulholland-Jr
Banned User

That's not what we meant by direct sequel. We're talking about the fact that it's set 10 years after First Class and Singer's words of it being an "inbetweenquel".

Old 03-29-2013, 04:04 PM   #847
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Singer already explained DOFP is not meant to be a direct sequel to First Class many times.
I am glad someone remembered that.

We can't even be sure what the split between time peroids will be.James Mcavoy,Michael Fassbender,Jennifer Lawrence,and Nicholas Holt will be major
Characters In film but so will Hugh Jackman,Patrick Stewert,and Ian Mckellen.

If you think this Is going to be like Star Trek Generations with them trying to cram at least 8 OT characters In 15 to 20 Minutes worth of screentime at begining of film and then 5 minutes at very end your going to be disappointed.

Patrick and Ian may even get more screentime than Hugh.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:07 PM   #848
Lightning Strykez!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Electrix View Post

My sentiments exactly. It's not like there were any open-ended questions hanging out there for Banshee and Havok. It's not like we have this "cliff-hanger" involving them and we must have them all back in the sequel to tie any loose ends up.

The truth is, neither Havok nor Banshee (or any of the others being dropped) are among the most popular, upper echelon of X-Men characters. They just...aren't. And believe me when I say...the main movie going audiences are NOT going to miss them. They are going to be focused 100% on the main core again: Wolverine, Xavier, Magneto, Storm, Rogue, Bobby, etc.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:11 PM   #849
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
That's not what we meant by direct sequel. We're talking about the fact that it's set 10 years after First Class and Singer's words of it being an "inbetweenquel".
A direct sequel would have been focusing on first Class cast and using ending of first class to set up storyline.

Die Hard with a Vengence could be called direct sequel to die hard since much of
plot Is Jeremy Irons wanting to kill toy with and kill Bruce Willis for the death of
Alan richman at end of original die Hard.Nightmare on elm street 3 could be called direct sequel to original Nightmare on elm street.

Bryan Singer In calling an inbetweenquel has been hinting at him seeing this not as followup to first Class but both prequel and sequel to X-Men trilogy.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:50 PM   #850
Fanboy rivalry? Yawn.

I'm sad Banshee is not coming back.

Closed Thread