The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Spider-Man > The Comics

Old 03-15-2013, 09:04 AM   #76
shinlyle
King of the Haters

Default Re: The Official Avenging Spider-Man thread...

Avenging Spider-Man 18 was magnificent. This book is honestly SO MUCH BETTER now that it is running parallel to Superior Spider-Man. Before, this book and Amazing seemed to be all over the place. The story is MUCH more focused now.

Also...the art was breathtaking!!

Check out my art!
http://shinlyle.deviantart.com/
shinlyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 04:23 PM   #77
ben_reilly_s_s
Side-Kick

Without completely spoiling...
3 Down, 2 to go...Cause 1 is already in play
Though 1 of the 3 isn't in the "Jar"
That leaves K. and C.
Who is the last "Jar" for?

My 3DS friend code: 2492-4192-0317
My XboX GamerTag: KaineKinetic
ben_reilly_s_s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 09:53 PM   #78
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben_reilly_s_s View Post
That leaves K. and C.
Aloha,
So is the Master Planner, planning to revive the Sinister Six? And if so, how will they react to their New Leader-Spider-Man?
Spidey rules

Donald Thomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:52 AM   #79
Themanofbat
Never Mind the Buttocks...

Maybe... but we just saw SpOck fight the Vulture, and had little need of him (in the same sense he went after Electro & Sandman), and for the life of me, I'm not sure what value SpOck would see in having a resurected Kraven and Mysterio back at the table... fun villains unto themselves, but have no REAL powers persay...

I's gonna be fun to see...

Read The Amazing Spider-Man...100% pure Spider-Man Goodness...

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Play Spider-Man Trivia here...
Themanofbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 01:53 AM   #80
Themanofbat

Anyone else think that SpOck's ultimate demise as being Spider-Man will come at the hands of a pissed off Rhino?

"It's disturbing when young people believe right-wing political hype. It's like rock n' roll never happened."

Old 03-18-2013, 06:28 AM   #81
ben_reilly_s_s
Side-Kick

wtf...
it won't multi quote....

Quote:
That leaves K. and C.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Themanofbat View Post
Maybe... but we just saw SpOck fight the Vulture, and had little need of him (in the same sense he went after Electro & Sandman), and for the life of me, I'm not sure what value SpOck would see in having a resurected Kraven and Mysterio back at the table... fun villains unto themselves, but have no REAL powers persay...

3 Down, 2 to go...Cause 1 is already in play.... S., E. and O.
That leaves K., C. and M. or the Originals. (can't believe I forgot M.)
H. for the Second Incarnation.
G. for the 3rd.
V. for the Reboot Team.

I'm leaving out the S 7, the S 12 and the S Syndicate.

Last edited by ben_reilly_s_s; 03-18-2013 at 06:37 AM.
Old 03-18-2013, 10:56 AM   #82
Mr. Dent
Banned User

18 was very good. Reilly do you have inside info or something? Also C was not the original, V was.

I'm really interested in why he's bringing the Sinister Six back together though...

Mr. Dent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 11:17 AM   #83
Themanofbat

Though the other V... the one that came along and replaced H, who had replaced K, could fit into a jar.

Old 03-18-2013, 03:02 PM   #84
ben_reilly_s_s
Side-Kick

Quote:
That leaves K. and C.
Quote:

Quote:
Though the other V... the one that came along and replaced H, who had replaced K, could fit into a jar.

OMG...LOL
Now I'M confused....

Old 03-18-2013, 03:46 PM   #85
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight

Aloha,
Alphabet fatigue anyone?
Spidey rules

Old 03-23-2013, 09:29 PM   #86
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

So Octo-Spidey is hoarding members of the Sinister Six in his underwater lair.

Some serious villainy afoot me thinks

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 06:24 AM   #87
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

And yet, from his attitude, I don't think he wants to do evil. Or at least, his goal doesn't seem to be evil, but he probably knows that he has to do bad things in order to succeed.

I'm dancing the Batusi in front of Bane Hardy
Naked Bat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 03:17 PM   #88
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Léo Ho Tep View Post
And yet, from his attitude, I don't think he wants to do evil. Or at least, his goal doesn't seem to be evil, but he probably knows that he has to do bad things in order to succeed.
Aloha,
Okay, here's where I go off on my rank. DOC OCK WAS NEVER REFORMED! He is still the evil, psychopath he ALWAYS was. He KILLED PETER PARKER (although we know better). He hasn't shown an ounce of remorse for all of his past crimes, nor has he shed one tear for killing Peter. Both Ock and Kraven define the word COVET. The only way they could beat Spider-Man, was to become Spider-Man. Both guys had to kill or at least bury, the true Spider-Man in order to try and prove themselves his superior.We know where that took Kraven.
So repeat after me-Doc Ock is a criminal. Doc Ock is a murderer.Doc Ock is NOT a Thunderbolt who has been pardoned for any of his past crimes.Doc Ock is a criminal( I know I said that already-just checking to see if you're still following me)!
Spidey rules -Doc Ock fools....SOME!

Old 03-28-2013, 06:52 AM   #89
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donald Thomas View Post
Aloha,
Okay, here's where I go off on my rank. DOC OCK WAS NEVER REFORMED! He is still the evil, psychopath he ALWAYS was. He KILLED PETER PARKER (although we know better). He hasn't shown an ounce of remorse for all of his past crimes, nor has he shed one tear for killing Peter. Both Ock and Kraven define the word COVET. The only way they could beat Spider-Man, was to become Spider-Man. Both guys had to kill or at least bury, the true Spider-Man in order to try and prove themselves his superior.We know where that took Kraven.
So repeat after me-Doc Ock is a criminal. Doc Ock is a murderer.Doc Ock is NOT a Thunderbolt who has been pardoned for any of his past crimes.Doc Ock is a criminal( I know I said that already-just checking to see if you're still following me)!
Spidey rules -Doc Ock fools....SOME!
yeah, I've read your posts before, I know what you think about it. And I don't entirely agree. While I don't think he's all of a sudden the ultimate good guy, I do think what Peter did to him in ASM 700 made an impression on him.

Also I believe he now thinks that his genius will be acclaimed by doing great deeds. So while it may not be entirely altruistic of him, it's possible that he's trying do something great. Of course, it will end in tragedy, but it might not be because Spock is trying to be evil.

Old 03-28-2013, 05:48 PM   #90
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight

Quote:
yeah, I've read your posts before, I know what you think about it. And I don't entirely agree. While I don't think he's all of a sudden the ultimate good guy, I do think what Peter did to him in ASM 700 made an impression on him.

Also I believe he now thinks that his genius will be acclaimed by doing great deeds. So while it may not be entirely altruistic of him, it's possible that he's trying do something great. Of course, it will end in tragedy, but it might not be because Spock is trying to be evil.
Aloha,
The point I've been trying to make with this is "at what point do some people think that Doc Ock STOPPED being evil?"Between issues #600 and 700, was there a place where he reformed? Saw the light. Gave up his evil criminal ways?During the entire time of Kraven Lasts Hunt-Kraven was acting the part of Spider-Man. Saving lives-catching bad guys. I don't recall anyone thinking during that arc, that somehow Kraven had become a hero.My issue is that some are taking just that sort of stand with Octavius. He's heroism is much more twisted than Kraven's-least we forget-despite his claim of benevolence Doc was going to DESTROY the Earth no less than 4-5 issues ago. How does anyone overlook that? Any thing great achieved by SpOck is done by a murderer so jealous of his enemies superiority that the only way he could be his superior was to become him.Which makes him a parasite feeding off of a living host.I think that this will be the ultimate reason for SpOck's departure from Peter.Nothing he does in Peter's body, will ever be reflected upon the genius of Octavius, so it's a flawed plan.Peter will get a Ph.D out of this but his name will be worse than mud unless some super hero types are involved in the separation and know the truth behind this behavior that is becoming more and more out of synch with what they know Spidey's behavior is.
Spidey rules-Doc Ock fools...some!

BTW-I'm enjoying every part of Superior Spider-Man.

Last edited by Donald Thomas; 03-28-2013 at 09:09 PM.
Old 03-29-2013, 02:57 AM   #91
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

Quote:
Aloha,
The point I've been trying to make with this is "at what point do some people think that Doc Ock STOPPED being evil?"Between issues #600 and 700, was there a place where he reformed? Saw the light. Gave up his evil criminal ways?During the entire time of Kraven Lasts Hunt-Kraven was acting the part of Spider-Man. Saving lives-catching bad guys. I don't recall anyone thinking during that arc, that somehow Kraven had become a hero.My issue is that some are taking just that sort of stand with Octavius. He's heroism is much more twisted than Kraven's-least we forget-despite his claim of benevolence Doc was going to DESTROY the Earth no less than 4-5 issues ago. How does anyone overlook that? Any thing great achieved by SpOck is done by a murderer so jealous of his enemies superiority that the only way he could be his superior was to become him.Which makes him a parasite feeding off of a living host.I think that this will be the ultimate reason for SpOck's departure from Peter.Nothing he does in Peter's body, will ever be reflected upon the genius of Octavius, so it's a flawed plan.Peter will get a Ph.D out of this but his name will be worse than mud unless some super hero types are involved in the separation and know the truth behind this behavior that is becoming more and more out of synch with what they know Spidey's behavior is.
Spidey rules-Doc Ock fools...some!

BTW-I'm enjoying every part of Superior Spider-Man.
I understand your point. But I don't think Spock is the same as Kraderman. In Kraven last hunt, Kraven is impersonating Spider-man as a mean to defeat him in the most humiliating way. On the other hand, in ASM 700, it is shown that Ock is under the influence of Peter's mind, or at least of Peter's memories. he's not exactly the same otto octavius he once was in Superior, because being aware of Peter's memories, he's been changed. He's not a different person, but he becomes more aware of the pain people can suffer because of bad guys. Of course, being who he is, he won't become the best guy ever.

In his twisted mind, in his twisted way, I think he believes that he's doing the right thing, that not only he's is up to Spider-man's legacy, but that he's doing better than him. But he's a confused individual, because of his own beliefs, and because his mind is kinda altered by Peter's memories. Which is why it's not the same as Kraderman. Again, it won't make him a true hero, but at least, it makes him a more complex protagonist, which is why I like Superior and Avenging so far.

Old 03-29-2013, 08:48 AM   #92
Themanofbat

Clearly, unless Yost is pulling a rabbit out of his hat, SpOck has not reformed... stealing from the FF, killing his enemies, etc... and it will only be a matter of time.

And I`m really enjoying the ride.

Old 03-29-2013, 02:25 PM   #93
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight

Quote:
I understand your point. But I don't think Spock is the same as Kraderman. In Kraven last hunt, Kraven is impersonating Spider-man as a mean to defeat him in the most humiliating way. On the other hand, in ASM 700, it is shown that Ock is under the influence of Peter's mind, or at least of Peter's memories. he's not exactly the same otto octavius he once was in Superior, because being aware of Peter's memories, he's been changed. He's not a different person, but he becomes more aware of the pain people can suffer because of bad guys. Of course, being who he is, he won't become the best guy ever.

In his twisted mind, in his twisted way, I think he believes that he's doing the right thing, that not only he's is up to Spider-man's legacy, but that he's doing better than him. But he's a confused individual, because of his own beliefs, and because his mind is kinda altered by Peter's memories. Which is why it's not the same as Kraderman. Again, it won't make him a true hero, but at least, it makes him a more complex protagonist, which is why I like Superior and Avenging so far.
Aloha,
Great conversation. This is what the Hype is all about.
Spidey rules

Old 03-29-2013, 02:33 PM   #94
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight

Quote:
Clearly, unless Yost is pulling a rabbit out of his hat, SpOck has not reformed... stealing from the FF, killing his enemies, etc... and it will only be a matter of time.

Aloha,
Seeing how some react to Doc as SpOck, makes me fully appreciate why Mobsters throw block parties and give away turkeys on Thanksgiving. Everyone in the neighborhood knows these guys are murderers and thieves, but a little good will goes a long way in making some think "they're not really that bad!"
And you're right-It will only be a matter of time.People like Osborn and Ock only have plans to help themselves.
Spidey rules

Old 03-29-2013, 04:12 PM   #95
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Quote:

Snap. I am thrilled to see Otto slowly slip back to his old ways. Not that I ever believed he had really changed. Slipping Peter's memories into his mind isn't going to make Doc Ock's nature magically change.

- The Joker
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 01:42 PM   #96
Doc Ock
1951-2014

Its quite difficult to choose If I'm liking Avenging or Superior more, Spider-Man is in the hands of quite good writers!

I think Ock is trying to do good, in his own twisted evil way. I think in time he will become his old self again, this is quite exciting!

Old 04-02-2013, 05:10 AM   #97
Naked Bat
It's a TRAP!

Quote:
Aloha,
Great conversation. This is what the Hype is all about.
Spidey rules
agreed. It makes reading those comics even better

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Ock View Post
Its quite difficult to choose If I'm liking Avenging or Superior more, Spider-Man is in the hands of quite good writers!

I think Ock is trying to do good, in his own twisted evil way. I think in time he will become his old self again, this is quite exciting!
I really like both indeed. What makes avenging... superior in a way, is the subplot with the sinister six.

Old 04-25-2013, 07:08 PM   #98
Themanofbat

The SleepWalker issue was great...

Old 04-25-2013, 07:10 PM   #99
runawayboulder
#TheFappening

It was great seeing Sleepwalker again.

runawayboulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #100
Donald Thomas
The Black ArachKnight

Quote:
Originally Posted by runawayboulder View Post
It was great seeing Sleepwalker again.
Aloha,
Would you mind giving us a brief history of the Sleepwalker?Is this his first encounter with Spider-Man- Amazing or Superior?
Spidey rules