The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Iron Man > Iron Man 3

Old 03-28-2013, 08:45 PM   #51
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Default Re: Iron Man Hall of Armors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
Is there any article that makes explicit the exact power upgrades from mark to mark? Would be really helpful.
I remember someone listing the vague suit to suit upgrades in one of these forums lol. I know what doesn't help at all but maybe someone else can point you in the right direction.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 08:46 PM   #52
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excelsior. View Post
Is there any article that makes explicit the exact power upgrades from mark to mark? Would be really helpful.
Not that I know of, lets do it in this thread. If we come to a solid consensus I'll add it to the OP. Best I can tell it goes like this:

Mark I: Prototype, built with limited resources in unfavorable conditions. Miniaturized arc-reactor allows for defensive weaponry and short burst of unstable flight through repulsion.
Weapons - wrist-mounted flame throwers, rocket propelled grenade

Mark II: Less limitation on resources, more precise measurements allow for better Arc technology with higher energy output. Sustained flight attained and stabilized using boot and glove repulsors. More durable armor plating. Integration of home-computer AI. Max flight speeds between Mach 1 and 2.
Weapons - none beyond repulsors in hands, feet and chest RT.

Mark III: Gold-titanium alloy used to prevent icing at high altitudes, maintains power-to-weight ratio of Mark II. Hot rod red added for aesthetic contrast.
Weapons: Anti-tank missile, auto-targeting small caliber rounds, flares, repulsor tech.

Mark IV: After near-destruction of Mark III armor in battle with Iron Monger, Mark IV is created with easier removal functionality. Helmet can be removed entirely.
Weapons - Assumedly similar to Mark III

Mark V: Suitcase Suit. Useful when Stark needs to suit up far from home or other appropriate location. Lighter and less armored, not built for sustained flight.
Weapons - repulsors in hands and chest RT

Mark VI: Advanced tech built after Stark invented a new element to replace Palladium and perfected his Arc reactor technology. Far higher energy output which we can assume allows for faster flight speeds (Mach 3-4) and more advanced weaponry.
Weapons - Sticky grenades, "one-off" beam and several other wrist and shoulder mounted weapons (used to intimidate Loki).

Mark VII: Rapid deployment armor that targets bracelet mounted beacons. Deployed after Mark VI sustains substantial damage while attempting to repair the Helicarrier.
Weapons - Beyond Mark VI weaponry: Auto-targeting rocket barrage, leg mounted missile compartments, back mounted jet packs for freedom of arm movement during flight.

Beyond Mark VII, we can assume Tony begins to produce armors for specific scenarios:

Mark XVII: "Heartbreaker" Artillery Level RT Suit. Likely built as an anti-aircraft suit. Perhaps in response to the Chitauri "Leviathans" seen in The Avengers.
Mark XXXIII: "Silver Centurion" Enhanced Energy Suit. Likely built as a prototype to test high energy weaponry or defenses (energy shielding etc.) Perhaps with the Tesseract in mind, its just more efficient use of the energy created by his chest Arc.
Mark XXXV: "Red Snapper" Disaster Rescue Suit. Built with telescopic/hydraulic arms to assist in rescue and retrieval of innocents during times of duress. Perhaps with Pepper or Coulson in mind.
Mark XXXVIII: "Igor" Heavy Lifting Suit. Built with Bruce Banner in mind, no doubt. Tony also refers to much "heavy lifting" being done during the construction of Stark Tower.
Mark XXXIX: "Gemini" Sub Orbital Suit. Dreamed up after Tony's first venture into the cosmic unknown. Likely, boasts several life support systems including oxygen and temperature control. Also has back mounted jets.
Mark XL: "Shotgun" Hyper Velocity Suit. Assumedly the first suit to exceed Mach 8 (hypervelocity). Probably less impressive weaponry. Another one Stark dreamed up in an effort to keep those he loves safe.
Mark XLII: Extremis armor? Telepathically linked to Stark for ease and immediacy of use.

And several other armors are pictured, but not yet named. See far left/far right:

Last edited by pr0xyt0xin; 03-28-2013 at 09:19 PM.
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 09:32 PM   #53
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

And what about these armors?

Old 03-28-2013, 09:50 PM   #54
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

And finally, theres a pretty rockin red and black suit dead center in this frame of the trailer:

Old 03-29-2013, 12:27 AM   #55
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
And finally, theres a pretty rockin red and black suit dead center in this frame of the trailer:

when he's going down into the HoA? I love that one! reminds me of a Stark take on Ant-Man costume

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
mkilban2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:44 AM   #56
James_Smith
Banned User

Here are the armors which we know about but which remain unidentified (blue = identified, red = unidentified):

Left to right:

Row 1 - Mark ?, Mark 39 (Gemini armor), Mark ?, Mark ?, Mark ?
Row 2 - Mark 42, Mark ?, Mark 5 (Suitcase armor), Mark ?, Mark 7
Row 3 - Mark ?, Mark ?, Mark ?, War Machine Mark 1, Mark 17 (Heartbreaker armor)

Mark 40 (Shotgun armor), unfinished Mark ?, Mark ?, Mark 42, Mark 33 (Silver Centurion armor)

Mark ?, Mark 33 (Silver Centurion), Mark 39 (Gemini), Mark 17 (Heartbreaker), Mark 40 (Shotgun), Mark 35 (Red Snapper), Mark ?, Mark ?

Last edited by James_Smith; 03-29-2013 at 09:07 AM.
James_Smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 05:59 AM   #57
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

that's the mark 7 above the heartbreaker in that armory pic just fyi

www.redlettermedia.com
Repulsor Blast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 06:15 AM   #58
James_Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
that's the mark 7 above the heartbreaker in that armory pic just fyi
Thanks! I've updated it.

Old 03-29-2013, 08:47 AM   #59
TonyStarkJr

Quote:
Originally Posted by James_Smith View Post

Mark ?, unfinished Mark ?, Mark ?, Mark 42, Mark ?
Mark 40, unfinished Mark?, Mark 17 or Heartbreaker vol.2, Mark 42, Mark 33

Last edited by TonyStarkJr; 03-29-2013 at 09:02 AM.
TonyStarkJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 09:09 AM   #60
James_Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyStarkJr View Post
Mark 40, unfinished Mark?, Mark 17 or Heartbreaker vol.2, Mark 42, Mark 33
I've added Mk 40 and Mk 33 to the list, but what makes you think the middle armor is the Mark 17? It doesn't look like the Heartbreaker to me...

Old 03-29-2013, 09:27 AM   #61
James_Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyStarkJr View Post
I think you're right about the Stealth armor. Also, could this be the 'Deep Diving Suit'?

Old 03-29-2013, 10:18 AM   #62
kaijunexus
===---- ゴジラ 2014 ----===

Quote:
Originally Posted by pr0xyt0xin View Post
And what about these armors?

This looks so similar to the Heartbreaker armor...but different. It has to be the Heartbreaker v2 suit that's been rumored for a while...

I REALLY want to see what this is. It definitely looks like an unfinished suit (grating, mechanical parts visible), but in some ways it doesn't. Strange...

ゴジラ
kaijunexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:35 AM   #63
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Betting the 2nd one is the Asgardian, since it has been noted that it IS UNFINISHED armor
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaijunexus View Post

This looks so similar to the Heartbreaker armor...but different. It has to be the Heartbreaker v2 suit that's been rumored for a while...

I REALLY want to see what this is. It definitely looks like an unfinished suit (grating, mechanical parts visible), but in some ways it doesn't. Strange...

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:44 AM   #64
Vartha
We are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by StreetWarrior View Post
The original did indeed resemble the Juggernaut. I think it looked great but agree to disagree. This one looks like a turtle though.
lol looks like the Hobbit trolls to me lol lolMEH it's nick-name is IGOR lol

....to every King.

Coulson, "If the details of this gets out, the operation would be complimized"

Vartha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 12:07 PM   #65
TheIrishAvenger
You are not special.

Made avvys for the 6 armors that were revealed this week.

50x50

75x75

100x100

"We've always defined ourselves by the ability to overcome the impossible, and we count these moments. Those moments when we dared to aim higher -- to break barriers, to reach for the stars. To make the unknown known. We count these moments as our proudest achievements. But we lost all that, and perhaps we've just forgotten. That we're still pioneers, that we've barely begun and that our greatest accomplishments cannot be behind us -- because our destiny lies above us."

INTERSTELLAR

TheIrishAvenger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:08 PM   #66
GRangerPrimeNYC
AgentGodzillaRangerPrime

Anyone else think the Mark 7 in The Avengers should've been the first mostly gold armor?

It could've been a great homage to his armor in the first Avengers appearence in the comics where his armor was completely gold..

It also makes sense, since the Mark 7 wasn't even completely finished when Tony needed it according to JARVIS, so the lack of some red paint over the gold alloy would've been a great touch.

GRangerPrimeNYC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 07:28 PM   #67
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRangerPrimeNYC View Post
I think 42 suits seems pretty excessive D:

Should've been just 20 or 25

/:
I want to agree and disagree with this sentiment.

Basically, I think you're right. 42 is excessive. When I first heard this news back when Mark 42 was announced, I felt like this:

I loved seeing 3 new armors per movie and understanding Tony's reasoning behind creating each one. Seeing him progress etc.

Now he skipped ahead to 42 and the ones in between cannot possibly have much purpose, let alone screentime.

Fast forward to today. I am thrilled with the "collectible action figure" feeling this is instilling inside of me. I can't wait to see the next suit and (assuming they are each described in detail with names, and specific functions) I hope each one is as exciting as the last.

Plus I understand the obsessive PTS concept they are trying to convey. Tony is going of the deep end. He's obsessing like he did in Iron Man 1, he had no reason to come home and design suit after suit, but something compelled him to. And as he defeated each Stane and Vanko he felt a bit more in control. Then this interstellar threat comes and he realizes he can never be in control again. He has no idea what threats are out there so he has to just keep building suits.

Old 03-29-2013, 09:31 PM   #68
Spuzz
The Spuzziest of Spuzzes

The stealth suit looks like it has bell bottoms. Also why would he need a diving suit if he was deep underwater just fine in Avengers in the Mark whatever it was.

Also how closely do these follow the different Mark Armors in the comics? Are ones like Igor and the Red Snapper (probably my favorite. Those long arms!) straight from the page or new stuff they thought up?

Spuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 11:29 PM   #69
DrDoom
Dictator

I think the Deep Diving suit is for :ahem: "deep dives". He wasnt very deep underwater in the Avengers. After a certain depth his standard armor probably couldnt withstand the pressure

"Please, no human can hold such power"

"You're WRONG!"....."ONE can"
DrDoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:20 AM   #70
Raiden
Say hello 2 my lil friend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuzz View Post
The stealth suit looks like it has bell bottoms. Also why would he need a diving suit if he was deep underwater just fine in Avengers in the Mark whatever it was.

Also how closely do these follow the different Mark Armors in the comics? Are ones like Igor and the Red Snapper (probably my favorite. Those long arms!) straight from the page or new stuff they thought up?
Well, the ocean has depths that could be miles from the surface, and I doubt a standard armor like the Mark 7 could've reached that deep. A Deep Sea armor would be perfect for scenarios like this. It's like Mark 7 gives Stark superhuman strength, but if Stark needs a suit that can give him the maximum amount of strength and endurance he'd use "Igor" over Mark 7.

"I know I'm asking a lot, but the price of freedom is high, it always has been, and it's a price I'm willing to pay. And if I'm the only one, then so be it. But I'm willing to bet I'm not." - Captain America
Raiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 03:41 AM   #71
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiden View Post
Well, the ocean has depths that could be miles from the surface, and I doubt a standard armor like the Mark 7 could've reached that deep. A Deep Sea armor would be perfect for scenarios like this. It's like Mark 7 gives Stark superhuman strength, but if Stark needs a suit that can give him the maximum amount of strength and endurance he'd use "Igor" over Mark 7.
have the movies established how strong tony is when suited up? comics say he is able to lift 90 tons.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 03-30-2013, 07:27 AM   #72
Zarex
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repulsor Blast View Post
have the movies established how strong tony is when suited up? comics say he is able to lift 90 tons.
In general, the MCU characters are powered down by a considerable amount from their 616 counterparts, and appear to be more like their Ultimate Marvel versions. For example, Hulk in the MCU can leap hundreds of feet in the air, but cannot make mile long jumps like in the comics. Thor's greatest feat of strength in his debut film was tipping a heavy table, and I doubt we will ever see him travel through outer space unaided. MCU Cap is the only one who appears to have received a power boost, as he could punch through the window of a submerged sub and throw a Hydra soldier about 10 feet in the air.

In Iron Man 1 we saw Tony struggle to hold up a car, though he was powered by a primitive version of the arc reactor at the time. I would guess MCU Iron Man can lift about 5 tons, and double that amount with the "Igor" suit.

Zarex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:52 PM   #73
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zarex View Post
In general, the MCU characters are powered down by a considerable amount from their 616 counterparts, and appear to be more like their Ultimate Marvel versions. For example, Hulk in the MCU can leap hundreds of feet in the air, but cannot make mile long jumps like in the comics. Thor's greatest feat of strength in his debut film was tipping a heavy table, and I doubt we will ever see him travel through outer space unaided. MCU Cap is the only one who appears to have received a power boost, as he could punch through the window of a submerged sub and throw a Hydra soldier about 10 feet in the air.

In Iron Man 1 we saw Tony struggle to hold up a car, though he was powered by a primitive version of the arc reactor at the time. I would guess MCU Iron Man can lift about 5 tons, and double that amount with the "Igor" suit.
I'll agree. But I think its worth mentioning that from Mark 1 to Mark 2/3 theres a substantial power boost (obviously) and from Mark 4/5 to mark 6.

Mark 1 may be able to lift somewhere between .5 and 1 ton judging by the way he was punching through walls and how the prototype arc reactor was holding up lifting that car in the battle with Iron Monger

Fully powered Mark 2/3/4 probably around 2 tons and the average Mark after Mark 6 probably 4-5 tons.

"Igor" and the "Red Snapper" suits were built larger and more solidly for this purpose and probably both lift closer to 10 tons.

As for the rest?
Iron Monger ~ 2 tons
Whiplash (mk. 2) ~ 3-4 tons
War Machine ~ 2 tons
Captain America ~ 1 ton
Thor ~ 10-20 tons
Hulk ~ 25-50 tons

Hulk is probably the most difficult to read, just because I'm not sure how his power works. In the comics its based on his anger or even desperation. In the MCU they haven't really developed that at all. I say 50 tons is his absolute max at this point.

What I'd really like is more feats of pure strength. For instance, Thor has to hold up an entire train car over his head while people climb out of it. Or Hulk has to push a building over. **** like that.

Old 03-30-2013, 08:59 PM   #74
Repulsor Blast
Walloping Websnappers

oh well, iron man seems stronger to me than that. the effortlessness in which he punched that guy and sent him flying says a lot i reckon. thor is almost as strong as hulk i thought given their fight in the avengers? he could go toe to toe with him. i agree about cap though, except in the avengers he seemed nerfed compared to TFA.

www.redlettermedia.com
Old 03-31-2013, 01:27 AM   #75
Spuzz
The Spuzziest of Spuzzes

Igor =

Red Snapper=

Spuzz is offline   Reply With Quote