The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 11:56 AM   #476
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 2

First of all, he's a raccoon and he's a weapons expert.

Second of all, did Avengers really re-work their line-up? The Big 3 were present in Cap, Iron Man and Thor. You have Hulk who was fundamental in the founding of the Avengers in the comics if not exactly a member. They added Hawkeye and Black Widow who are long time Avengers. I mean, yeah they could have gone with Hank and Janet for a more classic line-up but honestly, it's not like Luke Cage was leading the Avengers in the movie with Jessica Drew and Moon Knight.

Honestly, who would be your line-up for Guardians? Because we're getting the team straight from the comics, current and from the 2008 series this team is being based on. I'm guessing you would want to add Adam Warlock or Nova.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 03-29-2013, 12:46 PM   #477
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Default Re: Guardians of the Galaxy: General Discussion & Speculation Thread - Part 2

I'm excited to see how they can get Groot and Rocket to work on screen. Happy they're in the movie.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-29-2013, 01:04 PM   #478
James_Smith
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by J'adore View Post
...giant tree and a kung-fu squirrel...
But giant trees and kung-fu squirrels raccoons are badass.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Old 03-29-2013, 03:49 PM   #479
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

Mark my words: Those two are going to steal the show.

Old 03-29-2013, 03:52 PM   #480
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

They're definitely the most interesting of the bunch. Those kinds of characters always have draw with audiences.

Old 03-29-2013, 04:55 PM   #481
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

I think the older crowd will go in for Star-Lord, Drax and Gamora. The younger crowd will be drawn in by Rocket and Groot, but then everyone will end up loving those two when the movie comes out. They might be the Iron Man and Hulk of GOTG.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 03-30-2013, 03:11 AM   #482
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
I think the older crowd will go in for Star-Lord, Drax and Gamora. The younger crowd will be drawn in by Rocket and Groot, but then everyone will end up loving those two when the movie comes out. They might be the Iron Man and Hulk of GOTG.
Hulk and IM were written to steal the show, no one else were really even given much of a chance.

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 03-31-2013, 02:10 PM   #483
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spider-Vader View Post
Mark my words: Those two are going to steal the show.
I'm telling you, Marvel is going to get a crack A-list actor to voice Rocket and it will be all over. All these doubters will be first in line to buy the plushies and Rocket Raccoon sheets.

2015: Ant-Man
2016: Thor: Ragnarok, Doctor Strange
2017: Captain America: Secret Empire, Black Panther
2018: The Incredible Hulk: Rise of the Leader, Guardians of the Galaxy: War of Kings
2019: The Inhumans, Avengers: Thanos Imperative

Last edited by KangConquers; 04-01-2013 at 02:58 AM.
Old 03-31-2013, 02:41 PM   #484
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
I'm telling you, Marvel is going to get a crack A-list actor to voice Rocket and it will be all over. All these doubters will be first in line to by the plushies and Rocket Raccoon sheets.
I already am.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 03-31-2013, 03:58 PM   #485
Chewy
REDACTED

Quote:
I'm telling you, Marvel is going to get a crack A-list actor to voice Rocket and it will be all over. All these doubters will be first in line to by the plushies and Rocket Raccoon sheets.
RPattz Raccoon

Old 03-31-2013, 07:33 PM   #486
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
RPattz Raccoon
KStew for Groot, then?

She's wooden enough.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 03-31-2013, 08:16 PM   #487
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

http://instantrimshot.com/?play=true

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 03-31-2013, 09:13 PM   #488
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whiskey Tango View Post

lol

If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 03-31-2013, 11:12 PM   #489
Spider-Vader
Groot and Branches

Quote:
"Oh I've always been a Guardians fan, especially Rocket!" ~ Half of SHH come August 2014

Old 04-01-2013, 12:38 AM   #490
InternetPeople
Petty... and tiny

Oh I've always been a Guardians fan, especially Rocket!

Just wanted to get that in

Old 04-01-2013, 03:02 AM   #491
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
"Oh I've always been a Guardians fan, especially Rocket!" ~ Half of SHH come August 2014
Yes. I suspect this film is sinks or swims based on Rocket reaction.

2018: The Incredible Hulk: Rise of the Leader, Guardians of the Galaxy: War of Kings
Old 04-01-2013, 04:15 AM   #492
Parker Wayne
I have an army, of Batmen

"I never doubted that this movie wouldn't be a hit."

Old 04-01-2013, 08:32 AM   #493
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Yeah, it always amazes me (....should it? nah) how many bandwagoners come out of the closet and declare their lifelong fandom of obscure and/or ridiculous characters like the Guardians, Mandarin, Ant-Man, Batroc the Leaper, Malekith, Kurse and others now that the studio has lined them up for movies. I've been a Marvel comics fan for over 40 years and have *never* met this army of "fans" in the comic shops or conventions before. Where have all of you been hiding for lo, these many years?

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 04-01-2013, 09:56 AM   #494
ctsketch
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Yeah, it always amazes me (....should it? nah) how many bandwagoners come out of the closet and declare their lifelong fandom of obscure and/or ridiculous characters like the Guardians, Mandarin, Ant-Man, Batroc the Leaper, Malekith, Kurse and others now that the studio has lined them up for movies. I've been a Marvel comics fan for over 40 years and have *never* met this army of "fans" in the comic shops or conventions before. Where have all of you been hiding for lo, these many years?

I love how when MS was buying up old ant-man comics before Ant-Man was announced a comic shop guy was saying "No one buys Ant-man!"

I admit I bought some GoTG comics and started researching them after the announcement

Old 04-01-2013, 02:01 PM   #495
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Where have all of you been hiding for lo, these many years?
Probably many a father's basement.

Old 04-01-2013, 02:21 PM   #496
Chewy
REDACTED

If D-Man doesn't have his trademark body odor in the Avengers sequel I'm walking out.

Old 04-01-2013, 02:41 PM   #497
Dark Raven
The Gal from Themysicra

Quote:
Well, I don't think Mandarin and Ant-Man are in the same boat as the others. Mandarin is Iron Man's arch enemy so it's perfectly understandable he'd have his fans, and Hank Pym is a staple of the Marvel Universe. It's not like both of them are so obscure.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:29 PM   #498
TheHeatKitchen
Side-Kick

Michael Rooker's schedule opened up.... Who's he going to play?

Old 04-01-2013, 04:54 PM   #499
Scarecrow_King
King of Swinging Moods

And if you think the Guardians didn't have fairly big and devoted following before the movie announcement, you haven't been paying attention.

Old 04-01-2013, 05:09 PM   #500
Whiskey Tango
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHeatKitchen View Post
Michael Rooker's schedule opened up.... Who's he going to play?
Goddamnit. Why did I click that?

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Closed Thread