Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Batman > The Dark Knight Rises

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-30-2013, 01:52 PM   #11
The Joker
Clown Prince of Crime

Default Re: In hindsight what changes would you do - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by BatmanGoesToRio View Post
After re-reading "Bane Of The Demon" I have to say that comic's Bane is a much more interesting character and a much more intimidating villain than his movie's counterpart. I do understand that they have to change some of the characters' aspects when they transfer them from one media to another. But in this case more "comic faithfulness" would have been much better.

And Nolan did a huge mistake when he made "his" Bane having to wear his mask all the time. It limited Hardy's acting abilities a lot. Comic's Bane is a badass even without his mask. And Hardy would have been, too. Maybe even more than with the mask on.
The thing with Nolan is he has to have a valid reason for his villains to have their theatrical comic book elements, just like his Batman did with his theatrical traits.

Crane wore the Scarecrow mask to freak out people under the effects of his fear gas. Joker wore the clown make up like a war paint to intimidate people and to match with his cut smile ("Now I see the funny side. Now I'm always smiling"). Dent used the two headed coin because he believed chance was the only morality. Of course Bane wore the mask because he had to due to a physical pain.

Catwoman is the only one who stands out in this regard. Apart from her razor heels we're not given any validation for the domino mask, or the goggles etc. Ra's and Talia didn't really look very theatrical. It's why Ra's could walk into Bruce Wayne's birthday party and not draw attention. The other villains in their theatrical guises could never do that lol.

- The Joker

Last edited by The Joker; 03-30-2013 at 01:57 PM.
The Joker is offline   Reply With Quote