The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Guardians of the Galaxy > Guardians of the Galaxy

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2013, 07:40 PM   #426
Chewy
REDACTED

Default Re: OFFICIAL Guardians of Galaxy Casting Thread - Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
Kind of doubt we're going to be seeing any John Carter actors in Guardians of the Galaxy.
Not even Bryan Cranston?

Old 03-30-2013, 09:08 PM   #427
Whiskey Tango
2008 ~ 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by T"Challa View Post
Lynn Collins for Gamora
Can't. She's Wonder Woman.

How about Kate Beckinsale? She was suggested for Hela and Enchantress on the Thor boards fairly often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Not even Bryan Cranston?
He's too old for Gamora anyway.

With poison in my wine-cup, and daggers at my back."
~ The Road of Kings

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Old 03-30-2013, 09:13 PM   #428
Chewy
REDACTED

He could totally pull off that suspenders/thong thing though. And he's tall enough. NO SHORTIES

Old 03-30-2013, 10:07 PM   #429
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

You midget apologists will rue the day you fancast Kunis as Gamora! Rue it!

Old 03-30-2013, 10:12 PM   #430
Donnie Darko
Forgotten Pre-New 52 Hero

There is going to be someone closer to the a-list coming soon. I think the common ideas are for either the villain or the voice of Rocket. It could be Gamora. Who knows. I've never read much Guardians, so I will be going I to this movie with fairly fresh eyes like a non-fanboy for the other Marvel films.

Old 03-30-2013, 10:24 PM   #431
Crimson King
Superhero Novelista

Raleigh, represent

Old 03-30-2013, 10:33 PM   #432
Lobo
Mmhmmm him

So I know Nova has been rumored to be appearing, any new casting choices for him? What about Quills father? What about some cardinals for the church? Those are chances to add some star names to the cast. And of course Thanos.

<o>\o/<o>\o/<o>\o/
Old 03-30-2013, 10:38 PM   #433
Chewy
REDACTED

Meryl Streep for the Matriarch of the Universal Church of Truth

Old 03-30-2013, 11:17 PM   #434
InternetPeople
Petty... and tiny

Nova Corps makes a lot of sense to include in some capacity but Nova himself will bring up a lot of questions like "How did a second human get into space?" Also, introducing Nova without an origin story will seem weird. I think showing Nova Corps in Guardians will make it easier for Nova Corps to recruit Rider without just rehashing the Green Lantern story. Not only is it a lame story, but it's already been done on screen in a crappy movie. The MCU could potentially give Nova a different origin that is influenced by Thanos coming to Earth. If Thanos were to live past Avengers 2 then Nova and the Guardians could pursue Thanos throughout the cosmos if they aren't doing something else.

Old 03-31-2013, 02:28 AM   #435
lozzy.94
Im no Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
So I know Nova has been rumored to be appearing, any new casting choices for him? What about Quills father? What about some cardinals for the church? Those are chances to add some star names to the cast. And of course Thanos.
Nova (Richard Rider): Ryan Gosling

Peter Quills Father (Flashback): Nathan Fillion

Thanos: Denzel Washington

Gamora: Adrianne Palicki

Old 03-31-2013, 07:10 AM   #436
xeno000
Raining hell from above

In terms of adding a big name to GotG, I still tend to believe that Robert Downey Jr. will be involved. Marvel tends to sync up its films and comics now, so the addition of Iron Man to the Guardians' book immediately raised my suspicions that the character would be included in the film, as well. Then the Deep Space Armor design surfaced and was suppressed by Marvel; the fact that it is now called Sub Orbital Armor simply makes me think they're trying to throw people off.

This film is in need of a major star hire, and with only Gamora, Thanos and the voice roles left to cast there really doesn't seem to be all that many possibilities. Although I joked about casting Angelina Jolie, Gamora really isn't the kind of role that will attract or even rate a top actress. Thanos is a better prospect, but even there Marvel will be hard pressed to get a name actor. In Downey, however, they have one of the top stars on the planet who is already part of the MCU. Iron Man also has the longest history with Thanos, who debuted in his series. An appearance by Downey could therefore be justified in terms of the characters' history, not merely by box office considerations.

Old 03-31-2013, 01:13 PM   #437
InternetPeople
Petty... and tiny

The problem with putting Iron Man in space is where does he get food, water...anything? Unless he figures out how to do wormholes (Einstein-Rosen bridge), Tony is going to have to take a lunchbox and so yeah. Could Iron Man be included in future Guardians films? Sure, but the first one? Nah.

Old 03-31-2013, 01:15 PM   #438
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozzy.94 View Post
Nova (Richard Rider): Ryan Gosling

Peter Quills Father (Flashback): Nathan Fillion

Thanos: Denzel Washington

Gamora: Adrianne Palicki
Well if they take a page from the current Guardians book, Fillion doesn't work because he shows up older.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 03-31-2013, 01:17 PM   #439
Darthphere
Kneel before 'Drox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by InternetPeople View Post
The problem with putting Iron Man in space is where does he get food, water...anything? Unless he figures out how to do wormholes (Einstein-Rosen bridge), Tony is going to have to take a lunchbox and so yeah. Could Iron Man be included in future Guardians films? Sure, but the first one? Nah.
Iron Man doesn't work in Guardians because it doesn't make any damn sense, basically.

I doubt we'll see him long term in possible future Guardians movies, I just think he will be the bridge to connect Earth with the cosmic universe.

"When I was in college, I was belittling the woman who later become my wife for not knowing who Boba Fett was, and she responded by asking me if I knew who the Prime Minister of Israel was. Surprisingly? Not Mon Mothma."-BKV
Old 03-31-2013, 02:44 PM   #440
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
In terms of adding a big name to GotG, I still tend to believe that Robert Downey Jr. will be involved. Marvel tends to sync up its films and comics now, so the addition of Iron Man to the Guardians' book immediately raised my suspicions that the character would be included in the film, as well. Then the Deep Space Armor design surfaced and was suppressed by Marvel; the fact that it is now called Sub Orbital Armor simply makes me think they're trying to throw people off.

This film is in need of a major star hire, and with only Gamora, Thanos and the voice roles left to cast there really doesn't seem to be all that many possibilities. Although I joked about casting Angelina Jolie, Gamora really isn't the kind of role that will attract or even rate a top actress. Thanos is a better prospect, but even there Marvel will be hard pressed to get a name actor. In Downey, however, they have one of the top stars on the planet who is already part of the MCU. Iron Man also has the longest history with Thanos, who debuted in his series. An appearance by Downey could therefore be justified in terms of the characters' history, not merely by box office considerations.
-After the Avengers (and general success of CBM's) I'm sure a lot of "name" actors & actresses are trying to get in on the action. I mean Marvel just got Robert Redford for frick sake. That's aside from all the big names they got for their previous films.

-The thing is, they don't have Downey right now. IM3 was the last film on his contract & he won't resign until he sees how IM3 does which will be just before GotG starts filming. GotG being something they've been working on a long time, they wouldn't wait around until the last second to see whether or not RDJ agrees to join.

That's even aside from the $$$ to get RDJ to do it (or if he'd even agree to do it, $$$ that would be much better spent on the rest of the GotG rather than RDJ's pay and having to render IM's scenes.

Didn't Feige say they were going more subtle with the crossover stuff in Phase? I can't think of anything less subtle than shoving IM in another film.

I'm 99.9% sure IM won't show up in GotG, and frankly I don't want him to be. It's unnecessary.

I just have one of those faces. People come up to me and say, "What's wrong?" Nothing. "Well, it takes more energy to frown than it does to smile." Yeah, you know it takes more energy to point that out than it does to leave me alone? - Bill Hicks

Last edited by Moridin; 03-31-2013 at 02:51 PM.
Old 03-31-2013, 03:06 PM   #441
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Not even Bryan Cranston?
Bryan Cranston is allowed to be in anything because he's Bryan Cranston. Same with Mark Strong.

Old 03-31-2013, 03:07 PM   #442
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
-After the Avengers (and general success of CBM's) I'm sure a lot of "name" actors & actresses are trying to get in on the action. I mean Marvel just got Robert Redford for frick sake. That's aside from all the big names they got for their previous films.

-The thing is, they don't have Downey right now. IM3 was the last film on his contract & he won't resign until he sees how IM3 does which will be just before GotG starts filming. GotG being something they've been working on a long time, they wouldn't wait around until the last second to see whether or not RDJ agrees to join.

That's even aside from the $$$ to get RDJ to do it (or if he'd even agree to do it, $$$ that would be much better spent on the rest of the GotG rather than RDJ's pay and having to render IM's scenes.

Didn't Feige say they were going more subtle with the crossover stuff in Phase? I can't think of anything less subtle than shoving IM in another film.

I'm 99.9% sure IM won't show up in GotG, and frankly I don't want him to be. It's unnecessary.
I'm calling it right now. The Big names will play Rocket Raccoon, Thanos, Meredith Quill and J'son of Spartax.

Old 03-31-2013, 11:15 PM   #443
lozzy.94
Im no Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
Well if they take a page from the current Guardians book, Fillion doesn't work because he shows up older.
Im talking about when his younger and meets Quills Mum. I wouldn't be surprised if he does get the role considering Gunns and Fillions experience together, it would be a cool cameo.

Old 04-01-2013, 03:44 AM   #444
KangConquers
Purple Kang, Purple Kang

Quote:
Originally Posted by lozzy.94 View Post
Im talking about when his younger and meets Quills Mum. I wouldn't be surprised if he does get the role considering Gunns and Fillions experience together, it would be a cool cameo.
Fillion as Jason of Spartax would be interesting. He's a bit too young to be Jason now (not old enough to be Pratt's father) and a bit too old to be young Jason, but they can probably work that out with makeup and dye.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:06 AM   #445
fixxxer
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by KangConquers View Post
Fillion as Jason of Spartax would be interesting. He's a bit too young to be Jason now (not old enough to be Pratt's father) and a bit too old to be young Jason, but they can probably work that out with makeup and dye.
Russell Crowe as Quill's dad. 'Twill confused the hell out of the GA.

tar-Lord

Old 04-04-2013, 12:37 AM   #446
Son of Coul
Not 100% A Dick

I don't usually make these, but I was avoiding responsibility and wanted to distract myself.

Assuming Saldana is locked soon, our Guardians so far:

Bautista's veins freak me out.

Old 04-04-2013, 12:41 AM   #447
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Wooooooo! Go, Guardians.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:02 AM   #448
Octoberist
point blank

I like how diverse the actors are, with Bautista with a Greek/Fillipino background and Saldana being Dominican.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:09 AM   #449
Chewy
REDACTED

Too tall/short/fat/thin/muscular/scrawny/old/young/hairy/hairless/American/unAmerican

Old 04-04-2013, 01:13 AM   #450
Sawyer
We Are Human Resources

Quote:
Originally Posted by Son of Coul View Post
I don't usually make these, but I was avoiding responsibility and wanted to distract myself.

Assuming Saldana is locked soon, our Guardians so far:

Bautista's veins freak me out.
His nipples are practically invisible...

... why was that the first place my eyes went?

H.E.(R?)
Closed Thread