The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Politics

View Poll Results:
0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2013, 12:21 AM   #651
CGHulk
Green Guy
 
CGHulk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 5,108
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII


__________________
"Great spirits have always experienced violent opposition from mediocre minds." - Albert Einstein

"All that was great in the past, was ridiculed, condemned, combatted, suppressed." -Nikola Tesla

“Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has.” – Margaret Mead
CGHulk is offline  
Old 03-29-2013, 12:24 AM   #652
wiegeabo
Omniposcient
 
wiegeabo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Look behind you...
Posts: 36,317
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

That's it! We kill all the straight people, and there won't be any more gays!


....wait

__________________
I don't care about your deathmatches. Don't even ask. I'll just report it as spam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Green Lantern View Post
90% of people are in love with wiegeabo. The other 10% are liars.
wiegeabo is offline  
Old 03-30-2013, 11:25 AM   #653
chamber-music
Hail Hydra
 
chamber-music's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 24,094
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

The former archbishop of Canterbury, Lord Carey, has accused British Prime David Cameron of persecuting Christians for supporting Gay Marriage in the Daily Mail

Quote:
Writing in the Daily Mail, Carey said, “I hate the idea of gay marriage and yet the government insists on making it perfectly legal.”

“It’s almost as if the government doesn’t care what it says in my really important two-thousand year old story book.”

Persecuted Christians have spoken in support of Lord Carey, saying there has never been a worse time to be a Christian in the six-thousand year old history of the world.

Definite Christian Sharon Jameson told us, “Schools and their ‘education’ and ‘science’ are making it harder and harder for me to convince my children about the stories in the Bible.”

“You should try telling a six year-old child about the story of creation, only for them to tell you to try Googling ‘carbon dating’ – it’s very dispiriting

Lord Carey continued his tirade against the government, telling Mail readers, “Did you know the government is also happy for people to not be Christians – what’s that all about?”

“This country is just one step away from burning Christians at the stake.”
lol "I am a persecuted minority with no voice" writes man from the House of Lords on the front page of a national newspaper.

So not getting your own way means your persecuted

Also "burning Christians at the stake" hyperbole much

__________________
King Of Strong Style
chamber-music is offline  
Old 03-30-2013, 05:09 PM   #654
Schlosser85
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Schlosser85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 18,926
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Um, the way that's worded it really sounds like it's from The Onion.

__________________
Quote:
In the rain the pavement shines like silver
All the lights are misty in the river
...


Two wrongs just make something more wrong.


Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is offline  
Old 03-30-2013, 06:13 PM   #655
Lighthouse
Fairness, Equality, Bacon
 
Lighthouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: A beach somewhere.
Posts: 10,831
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
Um, the way that's worded it really sounds like it's from The Onion.
I was thinking the same thing.

__________________
...Or when your hands are cold, you rub them together, you see, that's good, that feels good! There's so many good things! But you're not here - I'm here. I wish you were here. I wish you could talk to me. 'Cause I'm a friend. - Peter Falk (Wings of Desire)
Lighthouse is offline  
Old 03-30-2013, 07:28 PM   #656
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty
 
Lead Cenobite's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: US
Posts: 2,970
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Looks like April Fools came a few days early.

__________________
Superman with realistic physics isn't Superman.
Lead Cenobite is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 09:34 AM   #657
KevanG
Brony
 
KevanG's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Moncton, NB, Canada
Posts: 16,100
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

It's from news thump. It's like the onion but it sounds as reasonable as they usually do

__________________
It's time to make yourself proud and everybody else a little nervous.

#saveWontkinsMom
KevanG is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 05:42 PM   #658
Thundercrack85
Side-Kick
 
Thundercrack85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 13,732
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

“It’s almost as if the government doesn’t care what it says in my really important two-thousand year old story book.”

Okay guys, this quote should have made it kind of obvious it's satire. Hilarious satire. But satire nonetheless.

Thundercrack85 is offline  
Old 03-31-2013, 05:58 PM   #659
childeroland
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,155
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

A scary amount of people would say that in all seriousness. Many of them government officials.

__________________
That which is not Body, is no part of the Universe, and because the Universe is All, that which is not Body is Nothing and consequently Nowhere. Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

You are the world you have created. And when you cease to exist, this world that you have created will also cease to exist. Cormac Mccarthy, The Counselor

If you shut your eyes to a frightening sight, you end up being frightened. If you look at it straight on, there is nothing to be afraid of.
Heigo Kurosawa, Akira's brother



childeroland is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 10:25 AM   #660
echostation
Banned User
 
echostation's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Posts: 5,094
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Tis true what you say childeroflandhood... Peoples would say this, this is why churches may be dangerous for the gay marriage which brings me to my original question of which religions and places of worship will marry Gays when they get their well-deserved right to be married and enjoy the benefits of marriage.

It's really long overdue and sad that in most states still they don't have legal right for marriage but It comes back to my queswtion with relijus preists saying these sorts of irresponsible sayings and quotes and misgivings against innocent Gays, who will marry these gays for thsoe gays who are of the religious brand?

echostation is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 10:35 AM   #661
childeroland
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,155
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

town, city, county clerks, justices of the peace, or anyone possessing the legal authority. EDIT: Not religious brand, but so what? And plenty of denominations already listed and those Scholsser listed below will do it.

__________________
That which is not Body, is no part of the Universe, and because the Universe is All, that which is not Body is Nothing and consequently Nowhere. Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

You are the world you have created. And when you cease to exist, this world that you have created will also cease to exist. Cormac Mccarthy, The Counselor

If you shut your eyes to a frightening sight, you end up being frightened. If you look at it straight on, there is nothing to be afraid of.
Heigo Kurosawa, Akira's brother




Last edited by childeroland; 04-01-2013 at 01:42 PM.
childeroland is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 10:50 AM   #662
Schlosser85
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Schlosser85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 18,926
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by echostation View Post
Tis true what you say childeroflandhood... Peoples would say this, this is why churches may be dangerous for the gay marriage which brings me to my original question of which religions and places of worship will marry Gays when they get their well-deserved right to be married and enjoy the benefits of marriage.

It's really long overdue and sad that in most states still they don't have legal right for marriage but It comes back to my queswtion with relijus preists saying these sorts of irresponsible sayings and quotes and misgivings against innocent Gays, who will marry these gays for thsoe gays who are of the religious brand?

Your question was answered before, but I'll go into more detail.

United Church of Christ

Reform Judaism

some Quaker meetinghouses

Metropolitan Community Church

Unitarian Universalist

some Lutheran churches

__________________
Quote:
In the rain the pavement shines like silver
All the lights are misty in the river
...


Two wrongs just make something more wrong.


Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 11:43 AM   #663
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 58,179
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by chamber-music View Post
The former archbishop of Canterbury, Lord Carey, has accused British Prime David Cameron of persecuting Christians for supporting Gay Marriage in the Daily Mail



lol "I am a persecuted minority with no voice" writes man from the House of Lords on the front page of a national newspaper.

So not getting your own way means your persecuted

Also "burning Christians at the stake" hyperbole much
oh lord, you should see the uproar argument ive been involved in on a local news station... that poked crazy with a stick by asking how people felt about Cesar Chavez being the "google doodle" of the day instead of it being Easter related (keep in mind, google hasn't had an Easter doodle since the year 2000, and only usually make religious doodles around the winter holiday seasons where they try to do a doodle for all religions and cultures) they also think Cesar Chavez is "Hugo Chavez" the communist dictator.. and are so "angry" that Google didn't bow down to their religious beliefs and instead honored a guy they never heard of... (who without his existence they might of not even been able to have their Easter dinner) and that they are being persecuted because Google did not honor Easter (news flash, they didn't honor Passover either)

the sense of entitlement and concept of "not being able to rule over others = taking away their religious freedoms" is beyond ridiculous, and those people who have that mind set are the very people giving Christians a bad name.

the best part is those who are so upset that Google didn't honor Easter, all say "well that's it, i'm switching to BING!!" which.... is owned by Bill Gates (an Atheist) and screaming about it on Facebook (Mark Zuckerberg, also an Atheist)

__________________

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 12:07 PM   #664
Schlosser85
We Are Hunter Rider
SHH! Global Moderator
 
Schlosser85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Ohio
Posts: 18,926
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
the sense of entitlement and concept of "not being able to rule over others = taking away their religious freedoms" is beyond ridiculous, and those people who have that mind set are the very people giving Christians a bad name.
I got in a very lengthy argument on a friend's Facebook wall where another of her friend's kept saying gay marriage is intruding on his religious freedom.

__________________
Quote:
In the rain the pavement shines like silver
All the lights are misty in the river
...


Two wrongs just make something more wrong.


Movie Review Site:
Schlosser85 is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 12:09 PM   #665
spideyboy_1111
Young Avenger
 
spideyboy_1111's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Ohio, formally Los Angeles, by way of Ohio
Posts: 58,179
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlosser85 View Post
I got in a very lengthy argument on a friend's Facebook wall where another of her friend's kept saying gay marriage is intruding on his religious freedom.
it's ultimately about power that they masquerade as religion.

though, some like that all also act as if our actions are what send them to hell...

i'm like... let me worry about where i'm going, that's none of your concern.

__________________

DING DONG DOMA IS DEAD and PROP 8 has been slayed June 26th, 2013
[=]
spideyboy_1111 is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 03:30 PM   #666
super-t
Side-Kick
 
super-t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: texas baby!
Posts: 881
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

I guess ill throw my opinion in here...I am Christian and do believe that homosexuality is wrong because of my faith. BUT I DO NOT have the right to tell anyone who can be married to who. Do i think marriage should be between a man and woman? Absolutely. But if another man likes to TWERK lol well twerk away.

__________________
" The Real Black Superman "
super-t is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 03:33 PM   #667
childeroland
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,155
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

So should heterosexual marriage be outlawed because straight people act up sexually?

__________________
That which is not Body, is no part of the Universe, and because the Universe is All, that which is not Body is Nothing and consequently Nowhere. Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

You are the world you have created. And when you cease to exist, this world that you have created will also cease to exist. Cormac Mccarthy, The Counselor

If you shut your eyes to a frightening sight, you end up being frightened. If you look at it straight on, there is nothing to be afraid of.
Heigo Kurosawa, Akira's brother



childeroland is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 03:39 PM   #668
SV Fan
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 5,148
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by super-t View Post
I guess ill throw my opinion in here...I am Christian and do believe that homosexuality is wrong because of my faith.
Just out of curiosity what is you take on eating lobster?

Quote:
Originally Posted by childeroland View Post
So should heterosexual marriage be outlawed because straight people act up sexually?
Personally I am all for is Gay marriage isn't legal that the Government completely dumps the whole idea of marriage in general for everybody, infact I would look at that as the best possible thing they can do.


Last edited by SV Fan; 04-01-2013 at 03:42 PM.
SV Fan is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 03:44 PM   #669
Snow Queen
Side-Kick
 
Snow Queen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 2,328
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by super-t View Post
I guess ill throw my opinion in here...I am Christian and do believe that homosexuality is wrong because of my faith. BUT I DO NOT have the right to tell anyone who can be married to who. Do i think marriage should be between a man and woman? Absolutely. But if another man likes to TWERK lol well twerk away.
Have you shaved lately? Is your shirt, pants or any other clothing item made of two fabrics? Because those are also against your faith.

Snow Queen is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 03:47 PM   #670
childeroland
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,155
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Don't forget those evil shellfish. Totally the work of Satan.

__________________
That which is not Body, is no part of the Universe, and because the Universe is All, that which is not Body is Nothing and consequently Nowhere. Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

You are the world you have created. And when you cease to exist, this world that you have created will also cease to exist. Cormac Mccarthy, The Counselor

If you shut your eyes to a frightening sight, you end up being frightened. If you look at it straight on, there is nothing to be afraid of.
Heigo Kurosawa, Akira's brother



childeroland is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 04:50 PM   #671
super-t
Side-Kick
 
super-t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: texas baby!
Posts: 881
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by SV Fan View Post
Just out of curiosity what is you take on eating lobster?



Personally I am all for is Gay marriage isn't legal that the Government completely dumps the whole idea of marriage in general for everybody, infact I would look at that as the best possible thing they can do.
I personally dont like lobster lol.

__________________
" The Real Black Superman "
super-t is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 04:56 PM   #672
super-t
Side-Kick
 
super-t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: texas baby!
Posts: 881
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham's Knight View Post
Have you shaved lately? Is your shirt, pants or any other clothing item made of two fabrics? Because those are also against your faith.
I see what you are getting at and am aware that it is confusing even for me it is too lol. And it will always be because, IF you are a christian, we think we cornal minds and the relam of God is far beyond our understanding. If I were ALL knowledgeable in the Bible I would debate more on this but I'm not lol so I cant, but however I do stick to my beliefs in terms of marriage. And as I stated even with my religious view I do NOT have the right to tell anyone who they can or cannot marry.

__________________
" The Real Black Superman "
super-t is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 05:19 PM   #673
super-t
Side-Kick
 
super-t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: texas baby!
Posts: 881
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotham's Knight View Post
Have you shaved lately? Is your shirt, pants or any other clothing item made of two fabrics? Because those are also against your faith.
Actually those were the laws given by God to the Jews under the Mosaic Covenant. In which the Jews agreed to follow. After Christ died we began the covenant of Grace, which we are under today. Christ died for us so we no longer would have to do such things as: Killing lamb for sacrifices, the eating of the shell fish, mixed clothing, stoning and etc.

__________________
" The Real Black Superman "
super-t is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 05:21 PM   #674
super-t
Side-Kick
 
super-t's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: texas baby!
Posts: 881
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

Again I'm not trying to turn anyone that is not Christian. Everyone has a choice I'm just stating my opinion. I have plenty of homosexual friends and a brother and I love them all. Like i said, I think its wrong BUT i have no right to tell you that you cant.

__________________
" The Real Black Superman "
super-t is offline  
Old 04-01-2013, 05:25 PM   #675
childeroland
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 4,155
Default Re: Discussion: Gay Rights XIII

I was just kidding about the shellfish. Anyway, if more people had a live and let live mentality (while society evolves toward greater acceptance of gays) like that, we'd all be better off, I think.

__________________
That which is not Body, is no part of the Universe, and because the Universe is All, that which is not Body is Nothing and consequently Nowhere. Thomas Hobbes, Leviathan

You are the world you have created. And when you cease to exist, this world that you have created will also cease to exist. Cormac Mccarthy, The Counselor

If you shut your eyes to a frightening sight, you end up being frightened. If you look at it straight on, there is nothing to be afraid of.
Heigo Kurosawa, Akira's brother



childeroland is offline  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:31 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. ©2014 All Rights Reserved.