The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 03-24-2013, 06:01 PM   #601
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 2

Words can't explain how much I love the suit we have. Seriously, out of all the superhero costumes I've ever seen brought to life on the big screen...this one is by far my favorite.

Old 03-24-2013, 06:02 PM   #602
Super Kal
Side-Kick

Default Re: It's a Bird, It's a Plane, It's the Superman Costume Thread! - Part 2

i do like the shine in the shield, but i would like to see a more saturated blue. that's one thing that bugs me

Old 03-24-2013, 06:02 PM   #603
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
Words can't explain how much I love the suit we have. Seriously, out of all the superhero costumes I've ever seen brought to life on the big screen...this one is by far my favorite.
oh yeah, this is an amazing looking suit

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 03-24-2013, 06:04 PM   #604
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
i do like the shine in the shield, but i would like to see a more saturated blue. that's one thing that bugs me
I love the way the suit looks when Superman and Lois are holding hands with each other in the trailer. If the suit looked like that all the time, I'd be one happy camper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
oh yeah, this is an amazing looking suit
I know, right?

Old 03-24-2013, 06:07 PM   #605
Super Kal
Side-Kick

yeah, i noticed that too... had a very nice shine and luster to it, but i also think it's because of the sunlight and how, like i've been speculation for a while, the blue body suit will probably more likely reflect light rather than color

Old 03-24-2013, 06:12 PM   #606
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

I think what might happen is the cinematography will get warmer and warmer looking as the film progresses.

Old 03-24-2013, 06:15 PM   #607
Super Kal
Side-Kick

that's a possibility... my hope, though, is that the cinematographers do go overboard with the teal/orange filters in this movie, like they have been doing in other movies for the past decade... from the trailer, you can already see that there is some of it in there, i just hope not to an extreme

Old 03-24-2013, 06:29 PM   #608
Stephen K. Hone
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El.9859 View Post
I know right?!?! Me and my crazy common sense! haha

That's why it should be called 'Uncommon sense',because so few possess it.

Old 03-24-2013, 06:30 PM   #609
Kal-El.9859
X-Men Gold Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen K. Hone View Post
That's why it should be called 'Uncommon sense',because so few possess it.
HAHAHA...totally agree!

You live, you die, you fight...as brothers
Old 03-24-2013, 06:31 PM   #610
Stephen K. Hone
Side-Kick

Quote:
I love the way the suit looks when Superman and Lois are holding hands with each other in the trailer. If the suit looked like that all the time, I'd be one happy camper.

I know, right?

You're Hal Jordan right?

Old 03-24-2013, 11:59 PM   #611
DKDetective
"He'll be a god to them."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Kal View Post
While I agree the blue seems too de-saturated in some photos, I think a saturated, primary blue is the hardest thing to make look good in a live-action superhero film. It only really works with Captain America because they went with a more uniform-like design and fabrics. Even the Reeve films went with much blues than in the comics. The bright colours work in the comics because everything else tends to be as bright and saturated. Nevertheless, the filters do annoy me a little because I think the suit's actual colours as seen in spy photos and shots of the suit on display at conventions are perfect.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:14 AM   #612
Super Kal
Side-Kick

well, personally, i dont want the shade of blue that the Donner films had. that had too many hues of teal and cyan... but i think a dark shade of blue, not a desaturated shade of blue, can work great in a film.

only the blue was changed, nothing else was:

Old 03-25-2013, 12:58 AM   #613
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephen K. Hone View Post
You're Hal Jordan right?
What?

Old 03-25-2013, 05:45 AM   #614
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

I think that was in reference to you're 'I know, right?'

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 03-25-2013, 09:23 AM   #615
Kryptonian Titan
Banned User

Quote:
Agreed. It's an amazing look!

Old 03-31-2013, 11:57 PM   #616
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Am I the only one who thinks the MOS movie costume is a way better update/reimagining of the suit then the DCnU one?

Old 04-01-2013, 12:14 AM   #617
Lead Cenobite
Exquisitely Empty

Definitely not, but I'm not one of the people who thinks it is. I don't see the updates made to the MoS costume working outside this particular movie.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:25 AM   #618
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Young Superman View Post
Am I the only one who thinks the MOS movie costume is a way better update/reimagining of the suit then the DCnU one?
Nope.

Old 04-01-2013, 01:05 AM   #619
titansupes
Side-Kick

Classic suit = Best.

MoS suit = Amazing.

New 52 suit = Poop.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:40 AM   #620
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

The two main things for me that make the MOS suit a superior redesign of Superman's classic suit, over the New 52 one are.

1 It does not have a collar.
2 It does not look like armor.

Old 04-01-2013, 04:22 PM   #621
Kalel_Angel
Side-Kick

I found the costume on this image similar to MOS's one, especially at the level of the wrists, the height of the boots ( the missing shorts ).

and the belt (which looks a lot like Superman Flyby's one):

If you take a look at the Burton version of the suit worn by Nicolas Cage you can see that the wrists look marked and resemble to MOS suit's ones:

As far as Superman Flyby project is concerned, I wanted to share this picture who came out lately ( to whoever hasn't seen it yet ). I think that the design is really well done.

Old 04-02-2013, 02:01 AM   #622
AnneFan
Hathaway #1

^Interesting post. Well done.

Is it looking like the Superman suit is in fact what Jor-El wore under his armour?

Rio 2 - Song One - Interstellar - The Intern - The Lifeboat - Get Happy - Alice 2
Old 04-02-2013, 02:04 AM   #623
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

That's been the speculation for a long time now, yes.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:08 AM   #624
Young Superman
The Last Son of Krypton

Quote:
Originally Posted by titansupes View Post
Classic suit = Best.

MoS suit = Amazing.

New 52 suit = Poop.
Agreed

Old 04-02-2013, 04:08 AM   #625
hopefuldreamer
Bangarang!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalel_Angel View Post
I found the costume on this image similar to MOS's one, especially at the level of the wrists, the height of the boots ( the missing shorts ).

and the belt (which looks a lot like Superman Flyby's one):

If you take a look at the Burton version of the suit worn by Nicolas Cage you can see that the wrists look marked and resemble to MOS suit's ones:

As far as Superman Flyby project is concerned, I wanted to share this picture who came out lately ( to whoever hasn't seen it yet ). I think that the design is really well done.
There are obviously similarities, but it's the the differences that make all those suits look horrible to me and the current one look amazing.

First image - Suit goes up the neck, and has no cape, and I don't like the big gold circular belt thingys. I think the one small circular thing on the current suit looks a lot better.

Second image - One of the better designs, but I dont like the way the cape goes up the neck, the blue boots, or the design of the 's' sheild over the MOS one.

Third image - The plasticy material is ridiculously hideous, especially the crotch.

Fourth image - Again, don't like the plasticy material, prefer the MOS sheild, and the lines on it remind me of the New 52 suit.

Basically the MOS suit has taken all the designs and cut out everything that made them not work.

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Closed Thread