Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > SHH Community > Sports

Closed Thread

Old 02-21-2013, 01:19 AM   #151
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Default Re: The Official Boxing Thread!!! - Part 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by B View Post
Here's a video showing a good example of what you are talking about using the Pacquiao/Bradley fight as an example.
I remember that fight. So many people were mad it was called for Bradley.

Old 02-21-2013, 09:10 AM   #152
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Yeah but looking back at that fight with the volume down, it appears to be the right call. When I first saw it I was pissed as well but now, Paq missed a lot of punches.

Old 03-09-2013, 10:39 AM   #153
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron

No it wasn't, Pac got shafted bad in that fight. It doesn't matter now, Pac is finished and Bradley is going back into obscurity. Marquez stole his thunder, no one cares about Bradley's next fight. Bradley is the new Zahir Raheem.

Guardians of the Galaxy - August 1, 2014
The Avengers 2 - May 1, 2015
Iron Man will return
Old 03-09-2013, 02:23 PM   #154
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron_Stark View Post
No it wasn't, Pac got shafted bad in that fight. It doesn't matter now, Pac is finished and Bradley is going back into obscurity. Marquez stole his thunder, no one cares about Bradley's next fight. Bradley is the new Zahir Raheem.
Sure he was. Look at Paq's face and Bradley's face before and after the fight and tell me Paq was hitting him. Bradley looked almost the exact same. Paq mostly got gloves and air. Watch the fight with the volume off and you will see.

"Lets all take a moment to laugh at the Miami Heat.

HAHAHAHA."-ESPN poster James Slattery
Old 03-09-2013, 10:49 PM   #155
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Congrads B Hops! He beat a champion in Cloud. He deserves the belt.

Old 03-10-2013, 02:15 PM   #156
Iron_Stark
Age of Ultron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docker2.0 View Post
Sure he was. Look at Paq's face and Bradley's face before and after the fight and tell me Paq was hitting him. Bradley looked almost the exact same. Paq mostly got gloves and air. Watch the fight with the volume off and you will see.
Like I said it really doesn't matter and no one cares anymore. Pacquiao is done and Bradley is going back to fighting in Boxing After Dark on HBO where no one will watch his fights or care about him. Paquiao's final legacy in his career will be defined by the Marquez ko and not the Bradley robbery. I'll bet you anything Bradley vs Povowhatever will be one of the lowest rated fights in recent history.

Guardians of the Galaxy - August 1, 2014
The Avengers 2 - May 1, 2015
Iron Man will return
Old 03-12-2013, 01:31 AM   #157
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
Congrads B Hops! He beat a champion in Cloud. He deserves the belt.
He did, but I also hope he decides to hang it up now and leave on a good note. I'm not saying Cloud was made to order, he definitely has skills and was a good opponent. But he also seemed to just stop trying to do anything and let Hopkins dictate the fight, which is always one of his great strengths. I'd rather see Bernard end on a high then try to fight someone who won't allow him to dictate so easily and possibly get hurt because of it.

The man stays in fantastic shape, has terrific (and slightly dirty) tactics to bother almost any opponent, and he's one of the great champions of recent history. But if he keeps going, he will get caught, bad, at some point. For once, I'd rather not see one of our greats beaten close to death or knocked out cold before we're done with them...

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather

Last edited by Doc Samson; 03-12-2013 at 03:32 AM.
Old 03-12-2013, 09:21 AM   #158
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Idk man. You play basketball? There is always this one old man who plays every day that NO ONE seems to beat and B Hop seems to be like that. Do I think he should retire? Sure. But I can see him fighting until he's 50.

Old 03-13-2013, 02:23 AM   #159
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
Idk man. You play basketball? There is always this one old man who plays every day that NO ONE seems to beat and B Hop seems to be like that. Do I think he should retire? Sure. But I can see him fighting until he's 50.
I can see that too, unfortunately. That's what I'm afraid of.

I definitely ball, actually tore my knee up last January and I'm just getting back around. I'll probably be that old man in a second lol...

"I don't give a **** what you say. If I go out there and miss game winners, and people say, 'Kobe choked, or Kobe is seven for whatever in pressure situations,' Well, **** you. Because I don't play for your ******* approval. I play for my own love and enjoyment of the game. And to win. That's what I play for."
- Kobe Bryant

"As of right now, I don't know what he do good, cause what may work on another fighter is not gonna work on me."

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 03-16-2013, 11:21 PM   #160
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Bradley has some of the ugliest, sloppiest fights ever witnessed on his resume. But the man is tough, that's for sure.

- Kobe Bryant

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 03-16-2013, 11:23 PM   #161
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Great fight by Bradley! Bradley was out on his feet a couple of times but the idiot he was fighting was more worried about taunting him than fighting him. Best fight for Bradley by far and he clearly won, but it was extremely close!

Old 03-31-2013, 11:00 PM   #162
Project862006
Banned User

Gennadiy Golovkin improves his record to 26-0 scoring his 23rd Knockout by putting Nobuhiro Ishida out in the 3rd round

ishida has never been finished before in 35 fights

Old 04-01-2013, 06:56 AM   #163
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

That's a video game knock out.

Old 04-05-2013, 09:26 PM   #164
the last son
Side-Kick

Man I love Friday Night Fights. I can watch any two people box but won't watch a second of MMA or any other stuff

Old 04-13-2013, 11:25 PM   #165
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Whoa! Donaire got schooled! What fight was the judges watching? Donaire got killed!

Old 04-13-2013, 11:31 PM   #166
Project862006
Banned User

fight was boring as **** great technical fighter but very boring to watch

Old 04-14-2013, 12:29 AM   #167
antonydelfini
Did I get You?!!

- Donaire schooled by Rigo.
- I gave Donaire 2 rounds.
-Boxing is all about adjustments. When Rigo started to move around and pot shot, Donaire never changed strategy.
- Rigo is an excellent boxer, too "boring" to be a star but should be a great champion and a future hall-of-famer.
-Rigo should continue being a defensive fighter but should be more active next time ala Floyd. Rigo got booed because of his inactivity, but when Floyd does his thing he never gets booed because he's much more active and he standa his ground more. Instead of boos he gets "ooooohhhh"s.

Old 04-14-2013, 01:07 AM   #168
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

asian bbctonydelfini;25590337]- Donaire schooled by Rigo.
- I gave Donaire 2 rounds.
-Boxing is all about adjustments. When Rigo started to move around and pot shot, Donaire never changed strategy.
- Rigo is an excellent boxer, too "boring" to be a star but should be a great champion and a future hall-of-famer.
-Rigo should continue being a defensive fighter but should be more active next time ala Floyd. Rigo got booed because of his inactivity, but when Floyd does his thing he never gets booed because he's much more active and he standa his ground more. Instead of boos he gets "ooooohhhh"s.[/QUOTE]

Agree 100%! Anyone who says this fight was boring is not a boxing purist! This was all about boxing and adjustments. I can't wait to see Trout and Canelo fight next weekend.

"Lets all take a moment to laugh at the Miami Heat.

HAHAHAHA."-ESPN poster James Slattery
Old 04-14-2013, 02:18 AM   #169
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Quote:
Agree 100%! Anyone who says this fight was boring is not a boxing purist! This was all about boxing and adjustments. I can't wait to see Trout and Canelo fight next weekend.
It was a great technical fight but it went just as I suspected. Stick Donaire in there with someone just as fast (faster!)I with some craft to their skills and he's gonna struggle. I feel the same thing is gonna happen to Canelo

- Kobe Bryant

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 04-14-2013, 05:25 AM   #170
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

I agree. I always felt he was a tad bit overrated. But he looked like a giant compared to Rigo. Top Rank fighters have been having it rough lately.

Old 04-20-2013, 10:49 PM   #171
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

Anyone watching this rig job on Showtime? Trout getting screwed by the judges big time. It's official, boxing is so corrupt its not even funny.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:01 PM   #172
The Game
Side-Kick

These score cards are an absolute joke, 118 to 109 what is that? also open scoring needs to go

Old 04-20-2013, 11:02 PM   #173
ЯɘvlveR
danneB

i thought canelo won but that scoring was atrocious.

Old 04-20-2013, 11:06 PM   #174
Doc Samson
Superhero Psychiatrist

Damn, at work so I couldn't catch it tonight. Was it a screw job or were the cards just not close enough?

- Kobe Bryant

- Floyd Mayweather
Old 04-20-2013, 11:07 PM   #175
Docker2.0
Watchin' you!

I agree, the fight was close and the knock down could have swung it in Canelo's favor but 118-109?! Really?! Despite the knock down, I had Trout winning by 2 points and I'm watching the entire fight. Canelo would fight for 30 seconds and take 2 minutes off. The bias commentating had fair weather fans thinking Trout was getting killed. Unreal. He looks the exact same like he did before the fight.

Closed Thread