The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 08:04 AM   #1
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 04-01-2013, 08:04 AM   #2
Thread Manager
SHH! Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Old 04-01-2013, 08:04 AM   #3
Project862006
Banned User

the problem with these April fools joke is they are so outlandish just from the title headline

there is no subtlety or believability

cbm did one one where's waldo directed by nolan for god sakes

Old 04-01-2013, 08:25 AM   #4
SuperWig
Side-Kick

I don't get the humor in it

Old 04-01-2013, 08:55 AM   #5
echostation
Banned User

At least the film is being better publicized and kept in the news with fake joke news than the owners of the filmic property. The weinasteins

Old 04-01-2013, 09:10 AM   #6
mad-sci
Side-Kick

Oh man, change the bloody record, PLEASE!

We get it, you want to see more MOS. and you WILL, I guarantee it. By The beginning of June, the same people complaining about WBs lack of marketing, will STILL be complaining, about too much of the film being spoiled.

Haters gonna hate...

For now, new topic. ANYTHING. I'd take the underwear debate, Amy Adams age, lack of new villains... Please.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:15 AM   #7
darknight7.1
Side-Kick

I'm going to stay off the forum till tomorrow. That way I can avoid all of this nonsense.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:24 AM   #8
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by darknight7.1 View Post
I'm going to stay off the forum till tomorrow. That way I can avoid all of this nonsense.
Don't blame you

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 04-01-2013, 09:33 AM   #9
Smallville13
Side-Kick

It really is rough around here. I don't blame us. We're happy if there's something new. It creates energy and fun discussion. But like I say every week, surely this week will have something.

Old 04-01-2013, 09:39 AM   #10
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville13 View Post
It really is rough around here. I don't blame us. We're happy if there's something new. It creates energy and fun discussion. But like I say every week, surely this week will have something.
I here ya, I'm thinking this week we have to get something. Hopefully the character posters

THE GREATEST COMIC BOOK MOVIE OF ALL-TIME
Old 04-01-2013, 10:38 AM   #11
Naite22
Side-Kick

What the **** is going on with this film, right now??? WHY is it so damn silent?! It really is about time MOS gives up something huge! Pacific Rim - a movie that comes out over a month later has been spitting out posters like there's no tomorrow! Even KickAss 2! a film that arrives two months later than MOS... Seriously. They're REALLY pushing it. MOS is way too silent. I hope they make a huge splash soon, rather than later.

Old 04-01-2013, 10:46 AM   #12
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

You know what makes the wait even more painful? Complaining about it every damn day. Maybe if you focused on what we do have instead of what we don't, you wouldn't feel so much frustration. You're like teenagers looking at the clock every minute waiting for class to end.

Old 04-01-2013, 10:52 AM   #13
Bruce_Begins
Taking a break.

Th Biggrin Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
You know what makes the wait even more painful? Complaining about it every damn day. Maybe if you focused on what we do have instead of what we don't, you wouldn't feel so much frustration. You're like teenagers looking at the clock every minute waiting for class to end.
This.

*\S/T*

I'll be back !
Old 04-01-2013, 10:55 AM   #14
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naite22 View Post
What the **** is going on with this film, right now??? WHY is it so damn silent?! It really is about time MOS gives up something huge! Pacific Rim - a movie that comes out over a month later has been spitting out posters like there's no tomorrow! Even KickAss 2! a film that arrives two months later than MOS... Seriously. They're REALLY pushing it. MOS is way too silent. I hope they make a huge splash soon, rather than later.
Well,part of the reason the marketing ramped up for Pacific Rim was The WonderCon preview this weekend.
I went to The Con but I wasnt going to sit through that preview without knowing for sure there was going to be a MOS trailer.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:05 AM   #15
Naite22
Side-Kick

Believe me when I say - I KNEW that so many of you mature reasonable adults would step forward and tell me off. "Get a Life". "Stop Complaining!". "Be happy with what we've got already", etc.. I knew I would be in for hearing this kind of stuff. And I also knew that I wouldn't care, this time around. It has to be said. MOS is WAY too silent! What are you gonna do about it? Complain over me complaining? Seriously, I don't get that they're not promoting this thing more than they are at this point. So there.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:07 AM   #16
echostation
Banned User

Allah hu akbar Naite, I agree Allah Hu akbar al akram... you have said it in His name I agree with you brother

Old 04-01-2013, 11:20 AM   #17
Project862006
Banned User

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Scout View Post
only so many times we can dissect the handcuff pic and a 5 month old trailer lol

i have been rewatching the comic con trailer tho!!!

Old 04-01-2013, 11:26 AM   #18
LaserBees
Likes Man of Steel

Quote:
Believe me when I say - I KNEW that so many of you mature reasonable adults would step forward and tell me off. "Get a Life". "Stop Complaining!". "Be happy with what we've got already", etc.. I knew I would be in for hearing this kind of stuff. And I also knew that I wouldn't care, this time around. It has to be said. MOS is WAY too silent! What are you gonna do about it? Complain over me complaining? Seriously, I don't get that they're not promoting this thing more than they are at this point. So there.
Yeah don't listen to these guys, you have it right. I followed Superman Returns through production and remember that there was hardly any marketing for that film. I remember being shocked at how little they were releasing. And now for some reason MOS seems to be doing the same. It's as if they think they don't HAVE to promote it, like just being a Superman movie will sell it.

And the thing is, a Superman movie is the kind of thing that I would think would be easy to promote. You don't even have to release big things, just a new picture of him in the suit floating around doing nothing would get a lot of attention. Easy and cheap.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:31 AM   #19
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

I think they assume with the combination of the Superman and Nolan names they will be okay .
Add to that the 3D which SR didnt have and I think that is why WB is so laid back about their marketing.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:35 AM   #20
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

I absolutely agree the marketing has been way too quiet for MOS so far.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 04-01-2013, 11:39 AM   #21
Tacit Ronin
Side-Kick

Perhaps they have a trailer so jaw dropping it its action and drama that they are awed to having the confidence that it will carry them to the finish line without further marketing.

The Centurions Live Action Film!
Old 04-01-2013, 11:46 AM   #22
The Boy Scout
Side-Kick

Quote:
Believe me when I say - I KNEW that so many of you mature reasonable adults would step forward and tell me off.

Quote:
"Get a Life". "Stop Complaining!". "Be happy with what we've got already", etc.. I knew I would be in for hearing this kind of stuff. And I also knew that I wouldn't care, this time around. It has to be said. MOS is WAY too silent! What are you gonna do about it? Complain over me complaining? Seriously, I don't get that they're not promoting this thing more than they are at this point. So there.
The issue I have isn't specifically with you. It's coming in here everyday and seeing people whine and complain about the same damn thing. Do you know how irritating that is? I wouldn't care if it happened every once in a while, because to be honest, the marketing for the film hasn't exactly been the best, but I'm tired of hearing about it. I would rather have a discussion about the underwear again than to see another person complain about the marketing. I mean...seriously. This is the open discussion thread. We can talk about anything related to Superman. Not just about MOS; but Superman in general. And out of everything there is to talk about, some of you keep coming back to the ****ing marketing? Jesus.

EDIT: I apologize if any of that came off as rude, but it's seriously so irritating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
only so many times we can dissect the handcuff pic and a 5 month old trailer lol

i have been rewatching the comic con trailer tho!!!
See above.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:50 AM   #23
DarthAlani
Side-Kick

Everything will be fine. We just have to wait a little longer.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:57 AM   #24
Project862006
Banned User

Old 04-01-2013, 11:57 AM   #25
sup101
Side-Kick

The marketing talk is irritating.Wb not listening to a word we say anyways, so it's a waste of breath.

Closed Thread