The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Star Wars > Star Wars: The Force Awakens

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 09:20 AM   #251
Viral
Side-Kick

Default Re: General Star Wars Episode VII News/Speculation Thread - Part 2

The idea of a comic book using the original idea behind Star Wars is pretty unique. Can't wait to see haw it turns out.

http://www.starwars7news.com/2013/04...ters-from.html

Old 04-01-2013, 12:27 PM   #252
Venomfan
Side-Kick

apparently Peter Jackson has a script for episode 8
http://newboards.theonering.net/foru...guest=81255254

Old 04-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #253
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Has to be a joke.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:43 PM   #254
Solidus
Kylo Ren

It is April Fools. And I hate it lol.

"If you donít care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you donít feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)
Old 04-01-2013, 12:45 PM   #255
Drizzle
Yo Soy Groot.

Old 04-01-2013, 12:51 PM   #256
Solidus
Kylo Ren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzle View Post
Even though that's an April Fools joke....Sulu does rock the lightsaber quite nicely.

"If you donít care about the characters, nothing matters. No space ship, no explosion, no anything is important if you donít feel something for the people involved."J.J. Abrams (2/5/13)
Old 04-01-2013, 12:54 PM   #257
Venomfan
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post
Has to be a joke.
thats a clever one then, because its not done very obviously. but i guess he knew fans would go over that video with a fine toothed comb

Old 04-01-2013, 12:56 PM   #258
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venomfan View Post
thats a clever one then, because its not done very obviously. but i guess he knew fans would go over that video with a fine toothed comb

Yeah, I bet he knew that. That's all we do these days on the internet. I think most of these people know how we operate by now, especially a fellow geek like Jackson.

It seemed too obvious, though. I don't think he'd be that careless with the script anyway.

Old 04-01-2013, 01:32 PM   #259
Solidus
Kylo Ren

Ya it's a joke. I have a feeling it will be Michael Ardt who will write the others as well anyways. Peter knows the geek world.

Old 04-01-2013, 06:07 PM   #260
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight88 View Post
Agreed. It would be over-saturation (what killed the Star Trek brand for a while). VII, VIII and IX for 2015, 2017 and 2019, respectively then the spinoffs sounds logical enough an a better business sense if they want the franchise to continue longer than 5 years.
Yep, it really makes the most sense to go that route.

Old 04-02-2013, 02:47 PM   #261
Destructus86
Side-Kick

Funny enough Geprge is very convincing as a wise, old Jedi Master. I'd be all for it if they would do it. Doubt they would but it would have been awesome.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:33 PM   #262
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

I wouldn't believe it... He just doesn't come off as a wise old Jedi Master to me.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:35 PM   #263
KillerCarlson
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darthphere View Post
I think the time in between episodes is the perfect time to launch spin off movies. I don't see the issue honestly.
Neither do I. By his theory the Marvel films wouldn't work. and they obviously have.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:53 PM   #264
Octoberist
point blank

Well right now, they're just trying to set up Episode 7 which is an event on to itself.

Not to say they can establish the other films or spinoffs but I think the concentration of JJ's work right now is just on one film and once there's foundation, they'll work on the other films..be it inbetween the sequels or after the trilogy.

That's why all the spin-offs, sequels/episodes, and merch/video games will have to wait till Episode 7 is past its infacy stage. The other stuff will heavily depends not on just the narrative, but the tone and look that JJ's going for.

Personally, I don't think the 'Episodes' will be two years apart; I think it'll be three years tops, and maybe in-between you'll have the spin-offs.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:35 PM   #265
Solidus
Kylo Ren

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octoberist View Post
Well right now, they're just trying to set up Episode 7 which is an event on to itself.

Not to say they can establish the other films or spinoffs but I think the concentration of JJ's work right now is just on one film and once there's foundation, they'll work on the other films..be it inbetween the sequels or after the trilogy.

That's why all the spin-offs, sequels/episodes, and merch/video games will have to wait till Episode 7 is past its infacy stage. The other stuff will heavily depends not on just the narrative, but the tone and look that JJ's going for.

Personally, I don't think the 'Episodes' will be two years apart; I think it'll be three years tops, and maybe in-between you'll have the spin-offs.
Agreed. Except, I do wonder about them doing 2 years between each episode if they truly do get different directors for each one, and orchestrate it as Marvel Studios have. I could see them achieving that if they wish.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:46 PM   #266
Octoberist
point blank

Well its possible but one has to think: Would it be possible to do Avengers 1 and 2 within two years? Luckily we have the 'individual movies' in-between, but I'd think it'll be just a hard task to do epic sized 'Episodes' every two years, with or without the same directors.

Then again, I'm not Disney or Lucasfilm, so what do I know!

Old 04-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #267
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
Well its possible but one has to think: Would it be possible to do Avengers 1 and 2 within two years? Luckily we have the 'individual movies' in-between, but I'd think it'll be just a hard task to do epic sized 'Episodes' every two years, with or without the same directors.

Then again, I'm not Disney or Lucasfilm, so what do I know!
How would it be a hard task to do epic sized episodes every two years? If anything, that's an easier task if they put all of their focus on the episodes than to be spread out with doing spinoffs every year. They should just wait until the main episodes are over, then do the spinoffs after they've told/shown people the main story/event.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:12 PM   #268
Octoberist
point blank

It's not like making a sandwich, so we wouldn't know how hard it is...

Old 04-02-2013, 06:14 PM   #269
Solidus
Kylo Ren

Well The Avengers was made realtivley quickly when I listened to the commentary by Whedon. They did that project pretty quickly. So I think it's possible, we just don't know their full plans.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:57 PM   #270
ThePowerCosmic
Air Lordin'

Quote:
It's not like making a sandwich, so we wouldn't know how hard it is...
I'm saying that it seems like an easier task to release a main one every 2 years(until they are completed), than it does to release the mains ones and the spinoffs year after year, with their attention spread out across all of the movies instead of putting all of their resources into the main trilogy for the time being.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:43 PM   #271
Dark_Lord
Dark Lord of the Sith

Since you guys were talking about LucasArts a while ago...

Disney Shuts Down LucasArts, Cancels Star Wars 1313 And Star Wars: First Assault

Disney has laid off the staff of LucasArts and cancelled all current projects.

Staff were informed of the shutdown this morning, according to a reliable Kotaku source. Some 150 people were laid off, and both of the studio's current projects--Star Wars: First Assault and Star Wars 1313--were cancelled. Disney will still use the LucasArts name to license games.

“After evaluating our position in the games market, we’ve decided to shift LucasArts from an internal development to a licensing model, minimizing the company’s risk while achieving a broader portfolio of quality Star Wars games," Disney said in a statement. "As a result of this change, we’ve had layoffs across the organization. We are incredibly appreciative and proud of the talented teams who have been developing our new titles.”

This comes after weeks and months of rumors involving the studio, which was acquired by Disney last fall. In September, LucasArts put a freeze on all hiring and product announcements, which many staff saw as the beginning of the end. Today, it's official: the longrunning studio is no more.

Kotaku.com

Old 04-03-2013, 02:19 PM   #272
danoyse
Snikt. Stab. Repeat.
SHH! Administrator

Not surprised about Lucasarts, but sad nonetheless.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:53 PM   #273
Solidus
Kylo Ren

Eh the talented devs left there will find jobs easy (I hope). But it was time for them to go, they have not done well in over a decade. Good news is they will outsource again like they did with many games in the early 2000's. So hopefully we get talented devs working on the Star Wars property.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:57 PM   #274
Destructus86
Side-Kick

I AM sad to see Lucasarts go from a nostalgia point of view...even if they were kind of a crappy studio.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:59 PM   #275
Doc Ock
Merry Christmas SHH!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danoyse View Post
Not surprised about Lucasarts, but sad nonetheless.
Yeah, TFUI and II were disappointments but they had a history of alot of great Star Wars and non-Star Wars games.

Closed Thread