The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 07:35 PM   #76
Wheels
Explicit Ambrose Violence

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

You people know that Superman is seen as uncool by a lot people, right? Even by people who like superrhero films. WB has to revive a character that is seen as somewhat of a relic. Just because people know who Superman is, that doesn't mean you can rest on that alone.

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 04-01-2013, 07:42 PM   #77
Kryptonian Warrior
We are Hunter Rider

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Unfortunately this thread has turned into......

http://www.blu-ray.com/community/col...n.php?u=230251
Old 04-01-2013, 07:52 PM   #78
ThePhantasm
The Shadow Knows

Nice of those smileys to give that horse a relaxing massage.

Im done. Im leaving this website. I promise i will not be spiderman or attempt to be. I have a ral careerr to fulfill. Please don NOT tell anyone about this. I would appreciate if you all kept this a secret.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:52 PM   #79
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kryptonian Warrior View Post
Unfortunately this thread has turned into......

I tried to change the topic, I failed

Old 04-01-2013, 07:53 PM   #80
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Hi.

Old 04-01-2013, 07:54 PM   #81
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

No ,I just dont think it is as simple as "Tell them there is a New Superman film, give them a date and they will come" .

Old 04-01-2013, 07:56 PM   #82
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyROM View Post
I tried to change the topic, I failed
Is that the horse from Tangled?
I Liked that horse .

Old 04-01-2013, 07:56 PM   #83
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
Hi.
Good day sir

Old 04-01-2013, 07:58 PM   #84
ConnorKon-El
Amateur Film Nerd

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodyROM View Post
Good day sir
Is it ?

Old 04-01-2013, 08:02 PM   #85
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

I was on the move all day yesterday either at Wondercon or traveling .
Today , I have had a chance to slow down .
So, from that perspective it is a good day .

Old 04-01-2013, 08:09 PM   #86
Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
No ,I just dont think it is as simple as "Tell them there is a New Superman film, give them a date and they will come" .
Yeah, I can't help but laugh at that. I mean I've heard so many negative comments about Superman over the years that it's hard for me to believe that a Superman film sells itself. That's all I wanted to say.

Quote:
Because I'm a total mark and the first words I ever spoke when I came out of my mother's wound, was that one day, I was going to be the WCW Champion.
-- Vince Russo
Old 04-01-2013, 08:13 PM   #87
mohoo
Side-Kick

Who said that?

Old 04-01-2013, 08:27 PM   #88
Marvin
Side-Kick

WB's current plan would be utter genius if this was Superman first big screen showing in 20 years. The buzz would be off the charts.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:29 PM   #89
Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohoo View Post
Who said that?
Well people seem to think that because of Superman's awareness level that a low key marketing plan is fine. The whole "Man of Steel doesn't need this marketing tool because it's Superman." Doesn't fly with me.

Quote:
-- Vince Russo
Old 04-01-2013, 08:31 PM   #90
manofsteel4life
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntMan View Post
The only DCAU shows that I remember being lined up right now are: Batman: Brave and the Bold, Batman Beyond, and Justice League. Maybe Green Lantern and Young Justice will be added next month? I don't know.
Ok thanks Ant was just wondering cause I did want to check out Young Justice....anyway back to nothing lol

Old 04-01-2013, 08:46 PM   #91
mohoo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Well people seem to think that because of Superman's awareness level that a low key marketing plan is fine. The whole "Man of Steel doesn't need this marketing tool because it's Superman." Doesn't fly with me.
It does need marketing, but it needs much less "awareness marketing" than other less recognized brands.

And when it comes to the next level, when we are closer to the date and people start planning to buy tickets, MoS will have to be marketed heavily, to impress and make sure the seats are full.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:49 PM   #92
WoodyROM
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ConnorKon-El View Post
Is it ?
Well, it is relative I guess. But yes, it's been a good day thus far.

Old 04-01-2013, 08:52 PM   #93
gomez147
You're not just anyone

I'd be happy until April 16th if they release those alleged 'character posters' this week

Old 04-01-2013, 09:00 PM   #94
Wheels

Quote:
It does need marketing, but it needs much less "awareness marketing" than other less recognized brands.

And when it comes to the next level, when we are closer to the date and people start planning to buy tickets, MoS will have to be marketed heavily, to impress and make sure the seats are full.
I hope you'er right. The most informative thing about Man of Steel that has been released to the public so far is an article published by a niche magazine from the UK. It'd be nice if more people know the direction Snyder and co were going.

Quote:
-- Vince Russo

Last edited by Wheels; 04-01-2013 at 09:11 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:07 PM   #95
mohoo
Side-Kick

Some of the recent tweets on MoS:

David Poland (@DavidPoland):
Cannes Film Fest has booked “Man of Steel” as the closing night film, but will show the film dubbed in French without English subtitles.

Mark Bullock (@Mark_Bullock_):
I'm a grown man, but I'm childishly excited to see this: Man of Steel - Official Trailer #2 [HD]

Alex Garcia (@ag_WhoHasItAll):
Man of Steel. So excited. And I am not the biggest Superman fan.

Lucy V Hay (@Bang2write):
I had absolutely zero interest in superheroes or MAN OF STEEL, but saw the trailer yesterday and now want to see it.

Subfusced (@subfusced):
Never been a fan of Superman, but if the movie delivers what the trailer promises, I just might become one

Last edited by mohoo; 04-01-2013 at 09:14 PM.
Old 04-01-2013, 09:09 PM   #96
mohoo
Side-Kick

Quote:
I hope your right. The most informative thing about Man of Steel that has been released to the public so far is an article published by a niche magazine from the UK. It'd be nice if more people know the direction Snyder and co were going.
Personally, I don't care that much, it's WB's film and money, I won't get or lose anything

Old 04-01-2013, 09:18 PM   #97
gomez147
You're not just anyone

Quote:
Some of the recent tweets on MoS:

David Poland (@DavidPoland):
Cannes Film Fest has booked “Man of Steel” as the closing night film, but will show the film dubbed in French without English subtitles.

Mark Bullock (@Mark_Bullock_):
I'm a grown man, but I'm childishly excited to see this: Man of Steel - Official Trailer #2 [HD]

Alex Garcia (@ag_WhoHasItAll):
Man of Steel. So excited. And I am not the biggest Superman fan.

Lucy V Hay (@Bang2write):
I had absolutely zero interest in superheroes or MAN OF STEEL, but saw the trailer yesterday and now want to see it.
Cool! Cannes Film Fest ends in late May... So we may get some first reviews during those days

Old 04-01-2013, 09:21 PM   #98
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

It matters to me because I dont want have to wait seven or even ten years for another Superman film if this one bombs .

Old 04-01-2013, 09:31 PM   #99
robmx522
Banned User

what are some other movies you people are exited to see ? for me its

godzilla

mad max

Old 04-01-2013, 09:31 PM   #100
mohoo
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
It matters to me because I dont want have to wait seven or even ten years for another Superman film if this one bombs .
I assure you that it will never happen. And even if the Box Office disappoints, WB will not reboot.

The only thing WB needs for a sequel is a good first film.

Closed Thread