The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Superman > Man of Steel

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 10:14 PM   #126
Torrente
Side-Kick

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marvin View Post
WB's current plan would be utter genius if this was Superman first big screen showing in 20 years. The buzz would be off the charts.

This!

Old 04-01-2013, 10:14 PM   #127
Showtime
Accomplishing Wonders
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: All Things Superman: An Open Discussion - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Marketing is fine guys. TV Spots is where it matters and you're not going to be firing those off in April. Why are you going to compete for marketing with Iron Man and Star Trek right now? Waste of money.

Old 04-01-2013, 10:25 PM   #128
I SEE SPIDEY
HYPE AWARD WINNER!

Sorry if I sound like a wet blanket but I'm glad April Fools is going to be over soon. Then we can enjoy real entertainment news from this film and others.

The Lego Movie: 8.5/10-RoboCop 6.5/10-Captain America: The Winter Soldier 9.5/10

I SUPPORT GIVING BATFLECK A CHANCE.
Old 04-01-2013, 10:47 PM   #129
Mysteryman
Side-Kick

Yeah,this is always a tough day online.

Old 04-01-2013, 11:01 PM   #130
Excel
O-bama-ama-ama-ay-ay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showtime View Post
Marketing is fine guys. TV Spots is where it matters and you're not going to be firing those off in April. Why are you going to compete for marketing with Iron Man and Star Trek right now? Waste of money.
They need to be building the foundation. I'll give them through mid April before criticizing. It will be a large mistake to pass up the basketball tournament entirely, though.

R.I.P. Heath
Old 04-01-2013, 11:11 PM   #131
Superherofan123
Side-Kick

I think marketing will be with the NBA playoffs which start April 18 or 19 I believe. This makes the most sense to me anyway with the trailer rumored to debut April 16.

Old 04-02-2013, 12:12 AM   #132
Pickle-El
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel View Post
They need to be building the foundation. I'll give them through mid April before criticizing. It will be a large mistake to pass up the basketball tournament entirely, though.

It's not a necessity, the NBA playoffs are all of May and June.

Short, Round, All Around Nice Guy :)

RIP Venom71...
Old 04-02-2013, 12:20 AM   #133
fake
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomez147 View Post
Cool! Cannes Film Fest ends in late May... So we may get some first reviews during those days
Pretty sure the Cannes comment was an April Fools joke

Old 04-02-2013, 01:00 AM   #134
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Not sure if these were posted.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:33 AM   #135
Kevin Smith
Papa Spank!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePowerCosmic View Post

Man, I am SO psyched for this movie. It is going to be INCREDIBLE. I KNOW it is!!!

And my fingers are so crossed for a scene! Do you guys think they will have one or unlikely you think?

Old 04-02-2013, 02:37 AM   #136
ThePowerCosmic
You are hailing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin Smith View Post
Man, I am SO psyched for this movie. It is going to be INCREDIBLE. I KNOW it is!!!

And my fingers are so crossed for a scene! Do you guys think they will have one or unlikely you think?
I think it's iconic enough to be included. But they might think it's too close to Reeves' version. I'd love to see it, though. Hope it's in there.

Hail HYDRA!

Thirsty? Get HYDRAted.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:41 AM   #137
Kryptonian Titan
Most powerful being.

Quote:

Cool! Looking great, imo.

Old 04-02-2013, 02:41 AM   #138
Gianakin_
SW Prequels Defender

Too close to the Reeve version? That's like saying webslinging might remind people of the Raimi movies.

Old 04-02-2013, 02:44 AM   #139
Kevin Smith
Papa Spank!

Quote:
I think it's iconic enough to be included. But they might think it's too close to Reeves' version. I'd love to see it, though. Hope it's in there.
Definitely, I was so happy, even if it was a bit premature, when that one "review" surfaced that said there was a great shirt rip scene. Really got my hopes up. Because prior to that my conception was that he didn't wear it under his Clark Kent outfit at all, and that there wasn't even a Clark Kent at the Daily Planet (glasses, etc, and if there was, he wasn't there until the very end - and for all we knew the shot in the CC trailer where he holds the glasses may be a joke in the movie ), which was kind of a big time bummer for me but I was reserving judgment until I saw the movie because it could still be awesome regardless.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:01 AM   #140
fanboiii
disciple of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excel View Post
They need to be building the foundation. I'll give them through mid April before criticizing.
LOL, why don't you wait until release to see the actual BO numbers before criticizing. If they do well, then what are people going to say next time around with the same marketing.

Old 04-02-2013, 04:29 AM   #141
Denish
Side-Kick

I'm following on twitter and facebook an actor, the official Russel Crowe italian dubber, to see if he writes something on the dubbing of the third trailer, or at least some information about it..This because in the past few years the dubbed trailers came out in Italy with a long delay, but with and after TDKR, Warner decided to release them shortly after the official american debut (few hours)..So if it's not too far away from you, here they're must be in the dubbing room

Old 04-02-2013, 04:52 AM   #142
BH/HHH
Cavill's Hairychest

I have a friend whose subscribed to SFX and he told me in the new issue its saying the next one (which will be released in May) is a Man of Steel special.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:04 AM   #143
hopefuldreamer
I will find him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BH/HHH View Post
I have a friend whose subscribed to SFX and he told me in the new issue its saying the next one (which will be released in May) is a Man of Steel special.
Awesome I was hoping they'd do a cover at least, but an MOS special! That's fantastic

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 04-02-2013, 05:04 AM   #144
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
SFX? I don't think they ever get any exclusives do they? Usually they have what has already been released. And May? Yeah, I'm sure we'll get a bunch of magazine issues in May.

And moving on, I don't see why some say MOS shouldn't market itself in April in order not to compete with IM3. Makes no sense. So in early May they shouldn't because of STID? In mid-late May because of FF6 and TH? Jeez, they best not promote it at all! MOS shouldn't run and hide. They should show why it's going to take all those films and slap them silly. If the movie can't do that, well then I'll be disappointed either way! TDKR had it's first TV spot 2 months from release. MOS shouldn't be too far behind from that schedule. We'll know soon...

Old 04-02-2013, 05:08 AM   #145
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:

Why is nobody discussing this? It seemingly confirms the Phantom Zone and Zod's imprisonment in it (S2 much?!?) tells us Zod is a WARRIOR from a generation of warriors, tells us that he leads a small band of Kryptonians (ok we knew this but still...) in search of a new home, hints that some of Supes powers will only develop once he uncovers the link to Krypton and finds the suit and confirms that Jor-El will be a leading scientist on Krypton.

Discuss.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:09 AM   #146
Project862006
Banned User

^nothing to talk about

100% of that was common sense

Old 04-02-2013, 05:13 AM   #147
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Project862006 View Post
^nothing to talk about

100% of that was common sense
No it wasn't. Many here believed that the Black Zero would replace the Phantom Zone because the concept is too far out for a Nolan produced film. Some thought Jor-El would be more of a warrior than scientist due to his armor/weapon/fight with Zod. We knew Zod was a general but not a warrior from a generation of warriors. That's new information and not common sense. It's also not common sense that some of Clarks potential will only unveil once he discovers the suit.

But ok, let's not discuss any of it. What is there left? Ooooh, right, marketing. Discuss.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:16 AM   #148
hopefuldreamer
I will find him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G.Godfrey View Post
Why is nobody discussing this? It seemingly confirms the Phantom Zone and Zod's imprisonment in it (S2 much?!?) tells us Zod is a WARRIOR from a generation of warriors, tells us that he leads a small band of Kryptonians (ok we knew this but still...) in search of a new home, hints that some of Supes powers will only develop once he uncovers the link to Krypton and finds the suit and confirms that Jor-El will be a leading scientist on Krypton.

Discuss.
Sorry, but none of that is particularly news to me... I mean, it's cool to read, but it's not like some massive insight into the plot that we didn't already know for us to get excited about.

And the bolded, I didn't read it that way at all. It just says he doesn't realise his full potential (like, as a hero), not that he doesn't develop all his powers

I think back to my father. As a farmer, he had a natural understanding for the Earth. I remember him telling me this world is capable of providing for all its creatures. Even now, with so many more people, there exists enough food for everyone.

"The problem," Pa used to say, "is people. As far back as we go, we've always had problems with sharing. Seems everyone's too busy holding on to what they've got to care how their neighbors are doing."

*\S/T*
Old 04-02-2013, 05:18 AM   #149
G.Godfrey
Darkseid's Elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by hopefuldreamer View Post
Sorry, but none of that is particularly news to me... I mean, it's cool to read, but it's not like some massive insight into the plot that we didn't already know for us to get excited about.

And the bolded, I didn't read it that way at all. It just says he doesn't realise his full potential (like, as a hero), not that he doesn't develop all his powers
I never said it was a massive insight into the plot, don't put words in my mouth. It simply gives a small piece of new info during this drought period.

As for the second part, I disagree.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:22 AM   #150
herolee10
Ultimate Hero

Quote:
I hope that's not the only thing that Warner Bros. has in mind when it comes to promoting this film since if NOTHING NEW is released before then....then yeah, Warner Bros. will be without a doubt the biggest tools in the shed.

I'm starting to get worried about the promotion of this film since we keep getting these bad droughts.

Closed Thread