The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Captain America > Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 07:28 AM   #26
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Default Re: "Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkingbird View Post
Well, she's gorgeous regardless of her hair style. However, once again we're back on her looks, rather than her skills as an actor or her character.
I don't think people are arguing about her looks so much regarding the hairstyle; it's more like "costume variation." Geeks obsess like hell over even minor variations in "traditional" costumes.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 03-18-2013, 07:23 AM   #27
PyroChamber
Chicka Chick-ahhhh

Default Re: "Yeah, it's going to be fun"- The Black Widow/Scarlett Johansson Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
I don't think people are arguing about her looks so much regarding the hairstyle; it's more like "costume variation." Geeks obsess like hell over even minor variations in "traditional" costumes.
I'm surprised people never complained about her not wearing the "traditional" Black Widow belt, which they actually tried at one point for IM2.

Quote:
Sometimes, it's so easy, I'm ashamed of myself.
Old 03-20-2013, 01:29 AM   #28
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I would have loved to seen the belt. I hope they use it in CAWS.

Old 03-20-2013, 10:17 AM   #29
BoredGuy
Killing Time

I just hope she gets into better fighting shape than she was in in Avengers
she was a bit soft in that (and no i'm not attacking her looks or body, per se)
Black Widow should be cut, she's the most athletic human woman in the entire Marvel U
Iron Man 2 she looked more like someone who could really kick your ass

Last edited by BoredGuy; 03-20-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Old 03-20-2013, 03:12 PM   #30
Son of Coul
They call me Mr. Pym

She should start training with Jaimie Alexander, that lady looks like she could some serious ass.

I'm pretty excited about Widow being in this. She'll probably have some ties to Winter Soldier (though not necessarily romantic), and can deliver some of the hefty backstory exposition on a more visceral level than just reading off of a slideshow of documents and file photos.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:23 AM   #31
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I want them to go into her dark past in this. What I really want is to reveal Barton was also a villain with her, as in the comics, and that in Avengers she was just covering for him. I know this won't happen, but one can dream.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:51 AM   #32
xeno000
Raining hell from above

Quote:
I want them to go into her dark past in this. What I really want is to reveal Barton was also a villain with her, as in the comics, and that in Avengers she was just covering for him. I know this won't happen, but one can dream.
That wouldn't make sense because their back stories in the film universe are obviously far different from the comics version. Clint was apparently a SHIELD agent long before he ever met Natasha, and they were never criminals together. Natasha's confrontation with Loki made it obvious that she was an assassin of the worst sort, who burned down a hospital and killed and/or tortured someone's child. She is quite a bit darker and more sinister than her four-color counterpart. Clint was merely the agent who disobeyed orders to save Natasha's life.

One day I'd like Natasha to get her own film wherein her past can be fully fleshed out. It would be interesting to see her having to deal with the real consequences of her past actions without SHIELD providing her protection.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:39 PM   #33
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

As much as I love that idea, I am 99.99% sure it will never happen.

Old 03-21-2013, 06:17 PM   #34
AndrewGilkison
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by xeno000 View Post
That wouldn't make sense because their back stories in the film universe are obviously far different from the comics version. Clint was apparently a SHIELD agent long before he ever met Natasha, and they were never criminals together. Natasha's confrontation with Loki made it obvious that she was an assassin of the worst sort, who burned down a hospital and killed and/or tortured someone's child. She is quite a bit darker and more sinister than her four-color counterpart. Clint was merely the agent who disobeyed orders to save Natasha's life.

One day I'd like Natasha to get her own film wherein her past can be fully fleshed out. It would be interesting to see her having to deal with the real consequences of her past actions without SHIELD providing her protection.
I don't know. Mysteriousness works well for the Black Widow (her being a spy and all) and we've seen what happens when they take mysterious characters and begin fleshing out their mysterious pasts in full detail... they become less interesting.

Old 03-21-2013, 09:40 PM   #35
cherokeesam
SHIELD Director Coulson

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewGilkison View Post
I don't know. Mysteriousness works well for the Black Widow (her being a spy and all) and we've seen what happens when they take mysterious characters and begin fleshing out their mysterious pasts in full detail... they become less interesting.
Agreed.
It's probably best that we *don't* find out why Natasha and Clint have different recollections about what happened at Budapest.

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 04-02-2013, 06:21 PM   #36
Spuzz
The Spuzziest of Spuzzes

I love how in the first post her "arc" so far in the MCU is just her different hair style evolutions lol.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:35 PM   #37
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Agreed.
It's probably best that we *don't* find out why Natasha and Clint have different recollections about what happened at Budapest.
Man, you too?

Old 04-03-2013, 02:11 AM   #38
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuzz View Post
I love how in the first post her "arc" so far in the MCU is just her different hair style evolutions lol.
It makes me very, very angry.
I personally can't wait to even get some hints towards her dark past!

Old 04-03-2013, 02:14 AM   #39
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
It makes me very, very angry.
I personally can't wait to even get some hints towards her dark past!
Well, there have been hints.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:26 AM   #40
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMcGiveny View Post
Well, there have been hints.
I also want it to be revealed Hawkeye was a bad-guy once too .

Old 04-03-2013, 03:46 PM   #41
JB-the-Hunter
Hunter of weaklings

Quote:
I also want it to be revealed Hawkeye was a bad-guy once too .
It wouldn't be a surprise if he was. Black Widow, as well as Benny and Claire from Item 47 could be considered bad guys before being recruited by SHIELD.

Bruce Banner - "Captain America is on threat watch?"

Natasha Romanoff - "We all are."
Old 04-04-2013, 02:17 AM   #42
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

I really do think she should have a central role in the story. She's so important to Bucky's past.

Old 04-04-2013, 03:59 AM   #43
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

Quote:
I really do think she should have a central role in the story. She's so important to Bucky's past.
This isn't Bucky's story, though. It's still Cap's.

Old 04-04-2013, 07:49 AM   #44
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Bucky shares half the title

Old 04-04-2013, 09:04 AM   #45
BullMcGiveny
Side-Kick

The second half!

Old 04-05-2013, 12:30 AM   #46
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

Ah but the sequel half

Old 04-05-2013, 12:53 AM   #47
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

they should tell the stories like those movies like Crash that tell individual stories that meet up. Like the first half of the movie goes back and forth between scenes of Cap after Avengers getting used to the world, and Bucky after falling getting used to his new world, then in the middle each are sent on a mission and that's when they fight each other and Bucky remembers who he is yadda yadda...

that way you're telling both stories and both of you up there are happy!!

Just a random and fun idea I just had lol

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 04-05-2013, 09:15 AM   #48
DrCosmic
Professor of Power

I would enjoy a superhero film like htat, but it shouldn't be a film named for a specific hero if he's not going to be in the middle of it all.

Old 04-07-2013, 07:39 AM   #49
Sneakronicity
Side-Kick

Yeah, ultimately this is Steve's film so the majority of the plots, character interactions and relationship developments should be for him.

As for Natasha, the last thing I want to see is for her to be turned into just a love interest. Maybe Brubaker made her important to Bucky's past but I hate when people say that Bucky is really important to her character as it seems to negate the decades of characterization that existed before that romance was ever retconned into her past. The Black Widow existed since the 60s and her past has been rewritten and retconned so many times since that I hope the MCU really streamlines it and leaves a good deal of the contradictory things out.

Old 04-09-2013, 11:42 AM   #50
3dman27
super-hero wannabe

could natsha be revealed as the widowof one of the winter soldire's victims?

Closed Thread