The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > X-Men > X-Men: Days of Future Past

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 01:02 AM   #976
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Default Re: 'X-men: DOFP' Official CAST Thread (announcements and discussion)

^Every X-Men movie has to have one!

"Superheroes in New York? Give me a break!" - A1
"'Nuff said" - SM3
FOLLOW MY ADVOCACY ON www.twitter.com/xmen5movie2018
Old 04-02-2013, 02:38 AM   #977
Hawkingbird
I want to be Kate Bishop

A quick shot of Pixie would be awesome!

Old 04-02-2013, 02:54 AM   #978
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angamb View Post
me too. And I feel like this storyarc is the perfect one

but I guee Singer will incluce a random mutant... again
I think people are starting to blur the lines of Singer deciding to not include supporting characters in DOFP and the use of useless cameos a la Brett Ratner. I get that Singer did the treatment for FC and in a way he is dropping characters for DOFP, but let's not pin other franchise grievances on him when they had nothing to do with him.

Singer's cameos in X2 were well done in that they were all unnamed characters that were easter eggs (mostly second tier, younger comic book characters as well).

Ratner took characters from the comics, used their actual character names, and then disregarded any of their comic book histories just so he could throw them in and act like he was familiar with X-Men lore... and all to satisfy his A.D.D. style of film-making.

Old 04-02-2013, 11:44 AM   #979
CyclopsSummers
Side-Kick

Alongside supportingcharacters such as Xavier, old Xavier, Margneto, old Magneto, Mystique, young Beast, Wolverine, Kitty, Rogue Iceman, Colossus, Storm, we don't know if Fan Bing Bing, Omar Sy, Booboo Stewart will have important role
there were several secondaries figures among lastest x-men movies

X1- Mutants: ProfessorX, Magneto
, Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Rogue, Mystique, Sabretooth, Toad (10)
Humans: S.Kelly

X2- Mutants: ProfessorX, Magneto, Wolverine, Cyclops, Jean, Storm, Rogue, Iceman, Nightcrawler, Pyro, Mystique, DeathStrike (12)
Humans: Stryker
2nd characters: Jason 143, President McKenna

X3- Mutants: ProfessorX, Magneto, Wolverine, Dark Phoenix, Cyclops, Storm, Beast, Rogue, Iceman, Kitty, Colossus, Angel, Pyro, Mystique, Juggernaut
, Callisto (16)
2nd characters: Chill, Arclight, MultipleMan, Leech, President of US, Trask, Mr Worthington

Wolverine Origins- Mutants: Wolverine, Victor Creed, Kayla, Gambit, Kestrel, Agent Zero, Deadpool, Blob, Bolt
(9)
Humans: Stryker
2nd characters: Scott Summers, Emma

1st Class- Mutants: Xavier, Erik, Sebastian Shaw, Emma, Mystique, Beast, Havok, Banshee, Azazel, Riptide, Angel, Darwin (12)
Humans: McTaggert

The Wolverine- Mutants: Wolverine, Silver Samurai (2)
Humans: Shingen, Mariko, Yukio, Viper
2nd characters: Minister Mori

Old 04-02-2013, 03:34 PM   #980
JP
Smelly

What an attractive cast.

Old 04-02-2013, 03:41 PM   #981
Double B
Side-Kick

Oh Fassy.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:23 PM   #982
josh8
Side-Kick

After taking another look at the tweeted cast photo:

I really do think this is more or less the main cast. And based on the groupings, this is my interpretation:

- The 70s folks will be Logan, Mystique, Young Xavier, Young Erik, Beast, and the villain (Dinklage). I think the mind-transfers (or whatever) will be Jackman, Stewart, and McKellan.

- The "future" players will be Logan, Xavier, Magneto, Storm, Kitty, Iceman, and Rogue. They will be accompanied by whomever Omar Sy is playing. And I'm starting to think it is Bishop.

- I think Cudmore, Booboo, and Fan Bingbing are going to be the mostly non-speaking characters like Cudmore and Kelly Hu in X2... which is why their pics are kind of drifting towards the end. They will also be mutant characters in the "future" timeline.

Old 04-02-2013, 05:58 PM   #983
Double B
Side-Kick

Ugh, I really, really hope it's not Bishop. Anyone but Bishop.

However, yes, the main cast ends with Anna. Anyone after her will be co-stars, and not massive roles.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:02 PM   #984
JP
Smelly

Bishop isn't French.

Old 04-02-2013, 06:45 PM   #985
By your Command
Danger Room Technician

I still hope the photo means that Famke is in the middle of Dinklage and Berry (that sounds like a mouthful) and Marsden is in the middle of Paquin and Cudmore, the other 4 spaces being minor roles of Sabretooth-Toad-Lady Deathstrike-Arclight-Psylocke-Juggernaut-Leech-Angel-yougetthedrift caliber.

BRYAN SINGER: "Don't be so sure..."
Old 04-02-2013, 06:52 PM   #986
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Bishop isn't French.
Sebastian Shaw was also never a Nazi but these movies do take liberties like that.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Old 04-02-2013, 06:54 PM   #987
JP
Smelly

I don't see then taking a character like Bishop and have him barely speak a sentence in English.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:00 PM   #988
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Quote:
I don't see then taking a character like Bishop and have him barely speak a sentence in English.
It seemed like a weird idea to me at first but after some of the previous changes we've had to characters in the other X-Films I don't think it would be that far off.

Cyclops is the best superhero in the world. He is, as far as I'm concerned, the Batman. He's been in intensive training since his early teenage years to lead the first-ever mutant rescue and security team. This is a guy who gets up every morning asking himself how he can be better.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:16 PM   #989
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Assuming Blink Isn't given ability to transport people through time It will be eather Xavier or Wolverine going through the mind switch.

The Major characters In 1973 will likely be Younger Xavier,Younger Magneto,Mystique,Beast,and whatever character Peter Dinklage Is playing.It could Include Wolverine If he Is time traveler.Omar Sy Is I think playing a supporting role.He could be mostly silent henchman of Magneto-Maybe Snych.SYnch could also be filling up the 1973 X-Men lineup.BooBoo Stewart Is probally In secondary role as new Brotherhood member.This Is likely to just be there showing off powers.My guess would be Sunspot.We know Nixon will be an actual Character In 1973.The question Is will Nixon be a Supporting character.Thus one In between Peter Dinklage and Halle Berry In cast list.Or a secondary character

The Major Characters In future will almost certinly be Xavier,Magneto,and Wolverine.Storm,Kitty,Rogue,and Iceman all supporting characters In Future with Colossus and Probally Blink In secondary roles.Now comes the question are any of the blank places be other characters from OT like Say Mystique,Cyclops,and Jean

Old 04-02-2013, 07:20 PM   #990
josh8
Side-Kick

Quote:
Bishop isn't French.
That's also my strongest argument that he isn't playing Bishop, but you never know. Maybe in the future, all the international populations have mixed.

I just find it curious that his pic is grouped with the OT X-Men. I interpreted the first gap (missing pic) to separate the 70s from the future. Halle and Ellen are on the top row, but it's continued with Shawn on the bottom row (Patrick and Ian are included in the 70s because they're part of the mind transfer). The next gap is before Cudmore and the rest, because I'm thinking they're smaller roles. These are my postulations.

Last edited by josh8; 04-02-2013 at 07:26 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:22 PM   #991
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger

Omar Sy isn't going to be Bishop, Bishop isn't going to be French. If you've listened to Sy speak English, you'd know that he doesn't speak it well at all, and I don't think a speech coach would be much help. He's likely playing a silent mutant, whether it's a Brotherhood member, or some other background/supporting role.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:24 PM   #992
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Right now I'm happy with the cast. The only characters that I want to return that aren't returning are Havok, Banshee, Emma Frost and Angel. But I'm very disappointed especially with Havok, Banshee and Emma. You know I'm a big fan of the original cast but it doesn't mean I want FOX to just remove half of FC cast especially with the ending of FC. It just doesn't flow well with DOFP, if suddenly Emma/Banshee/Havok are out of the picture.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 04-02-2013, 07:28 PM   #993
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Plus Bishop doesn't have ability to transpot through time himself.His power Is absorbing similar to Shaw.Unlike animated show In comics Bishop was from future and stranded In
present.Plus If majority of film Is really set In 1973 they need someone else In supporting role.After the 4 returing first Class actors and Peter Dinklage except for blank spot all the supporting actors except for him are In the future scenes.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:32 PM   #994
marvelrobbins
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Right now I'm happy with the cast. The only characters that I want to return that aren't returning are Havok, Banshee, Emma Frost and Angel. But I'm very disappointed especially with Havok, Banshee and Emma. You know I'm a big fan of the original cast but it doesn't mean I want FOX to just remove half of FC cast especially with the ending of FC. It just doesn't flow well with DOFP, if suddenly Emma/Banshee/Havok are out of the picture.
Well It's going to be Intresting to see who those blank spots on wall will be filled by.It's looking like 1 supporting character and at least 3 secondary roles
yet to come.It's possible they are recasting banshee and havok.

I am sure they have reason for dropping characters from First Class.They just aren't telling yet.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:34 PM   #995
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Its already April, so I hope Bryan Singer will tweet the last few actors that will join the cast!

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 04-02-2013, 07:35 PM   #996
josh8
Side-Kick

You guys are probably right about Sy. It's pretty impossible to guess who he's going to play because it's probably going to be a character who's race is changed... like if Fan Bingbing is really playing Blink.

Old 04-02-2013, 07:41 PM   #997
Deaths Head II
The Sequel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duran Man View Post
He's likely playing a silent mutant, whether it's a Brotherhood member, or some other background/supporting role.
I initially assumed he would be playing Gateway, but with Blink that would be massively redundant. Right now I'm strongly feeling it's a radically different Bishop.

Who's to say Bishop isn't a background mutant in the future for this film that helps the surviving X-Men or something? Or a foreign mutant in one of the prison camps to show that the future is hellish all over the planet?

Last edited by Deaths Head II; 04-02-2013 at 07:46 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:03 PM   #998
JP
Smelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by psylockolussus View Post
Its already April, so I hope Bryan Singer will tweet the last few actors that will join the cast!
I don't see why Bryan would tweet a pic of the entire cast, and say "Now let's blow **** up!" if there were more names to be announced. I'm positive that's the main cast right there.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:05 PM   #999
psylockolussus
The X-Men 5 Advocator!

Quote:
I don't see why Bryan would tweet a pic of the entire cast, and say "Now let's blow **** up!" if there were more names to be announced. I'm positive that's the main cast right there.
Well, the gaps/spaces between the pictures might suggest that there's more cast members.

"'Nuff said" - SM3
Old 04-02-2013, 08:13 PM   #1000
DarknessOfDeath
We're badasses...

Keep in mind, there is a lot of space below the row of pics...

Closed Thread