The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > General Movies > Marvel Films

View Poll Results: Favorite Spider-Man film?
Spider-Man 15 11.72%
Spider-Man 2 70 54.69%
Spider-Man 3 4 3.13%
The Amazing Spider-Man 39 30.47%
Voters: 128. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2013, 07:55 PM   #176
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Favorite Spider-Man film so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
Most reboots don't have any major cultural impact because, quite frankly, they don't have as massive the audience as event movies that are highly anticipated. If your going to compare Webb to Nolan then you have to use Batman Begins which was Nolan's introduction reboot film like ASM was and you'll notice BB didn't really stay in the cultural memory like TDK or SM1 either.

But both those movies had some of the biggest arch enemies with built up anticipation. Of course they'll make more cultural impact than The Lizard or Ras Al Ghul in a reboot film.
It does stay around as the first reboot and also more now since Nolan's trilogy is complete. TAS-M will be lucky to have the latter.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 06:04 PM   #177
DACrowe
Side-Kick
 
DACrowe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 26,040
Default Re: Favorite Spider-Man film so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahDecoy123 View Post
Most reboots don't have any major cultural impact because, quite frankly, they don't have as massive the audience as event movies that are highly anticipated. If your going to compare Webb to Nolan then you have to use Batman Begins which was Nolan's introduction reboot film like ASM was and you'll notice BB didn't really stay in the cultural memory like TDK or SM1 either.

But both those movies had some of the biggest arch enemies with built up anticipation. Of course they'll make more cultural impact than The Lizard or Ras Al Ghul in a reboot film.
I would also say it is because there is not a whole lot of memorable imagery or moments in TASM. Certainly nothing on par with the upside down kiss or final swing. But I would even say moments like Peter ignoring that guy in the hallway and the use of close-ups there, as well as the scene where Peter is bitten by the spider while shooting pictures of MJ, are both simpler and more memorable than any of the convoluted moments in TASM. Also Peter's red outfit in SM1 vs. the hoodie in TASM again shows a cheeky simplicity and visual wit to Raimi's style that allows it to stand out.

Just my opinion.

__________________
"Let us disappoint the Men who are raising themselves upon the ruin of this Country."

--John Adams
DACrowe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 09:49 PM   #178
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Favorite Spider-Man film so far.

The only thing memorable, I'd say, in TAS-M is the final swing, but only because I see that pretty much all the time whenever I go to Wal-Mart or Target and see previews of the film, or when I watch stuff on the web on an UK channel and they always play the previews for the Sky Movies that plays TAS-M and only shows the final swing as well to promote the film.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 05:34 PM   #179
chatterbot
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 38
Default Re: Favorite Spider-Man film so far.

I didn't like any of them. 4th one is probably the best. Since I saw the first one it made the 4th one less interesting though. They should have just picked up with a new story in the same world as the first 3...but recast the actors.


Last edited by chatterbot; 03-17-2013 at 05:42 PM.
chatterbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 05:35 AM   #180
def28
Side-Kick
 
def28's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Posts: 7,645
Default Re: Favorite Spider-Man film so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chatterbot View Post
They should have just picked up with a new story in the same world as the first 3...but recast the actors.
Yeah, I think I would have preferred that.

def28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 10:21 AM   #181
kedrell
What'sa Raccoon?
 
kedrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 17,366
Default Re: Favorite Spider-Man film so far.

I for one am glad they took the opportunity to set the record straight on a lotta stuff that the first series got wrong(web shooters, Gwen first, Spidey has a sense of humor, etc.). People(and there are a lot of them in the GA) who otherwise never read a comic book nor watch a superhero cartoon at least now don't have to be jarred when they see a Spider-man who's powers don't include the ability to create his own webbing from his body(which I always thought was a little disgusting anyway).

There are a great many people for whom the movie version is the only version they'll ever know.....SO GET IT RIGHT!

__________________
Currently enduring a general malaise at the quality of live action Marvel/DC shows on network TV. Hopefully NetFlix can remedy that.
kedrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 12:27 PM   #182
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Favorite Spider-Man film so far.

So you're saying the people who know Spider-Man only from the films will think his parents always worked with Curt Connors and OsCorp and that Curt's family never appear in his life, lol.

Sure, I can agree Webb introduced some stuff that needed to finally be used, but let's not make it seem Webb got everything right.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 09:09 PM   #183
kedrell
What'sa Raccoon?
 
kedrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 17,366
Default Re: Favorite Spider-Man film so far.

I never said he got everything right. But at least between the 2 different takes we got a good amount covered. Sure, it's an imperfect system and it would be great if they got it 100% right on the first try every time they bring a new hero/mythos to the screen, but as we can plainly see....that's just not realistic.

__________________
Currently enduring a general malaise at the quality of live action Marvel/DC shows on network TV. Hopefully NetFlix can remedy that.
kedrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:33 PM   #184
metaphysician
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 4,807
Default Re: Favorite Spider-Man film so far.

You presume that the best possible result is a 100% exact transliteration of the comics to the big screen. You really shouldn't just assume that to be the case.

metaphysician is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:21 PM   #185
kedrell
What'sa Raccoon?
 
kedrell's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 17,366
Default Re: Favorite Spider-Man film so far.

Well in terms of accuracy then yes that would be the case. I think it's entirely possible that some changes movie makers take to certain properties are improvments upon source material. Usually though, they aren't. Definitely not in the case of Spider-man on film, IMO.

__________________
Currently enduring a general malaise at the quality of live action Marvel/DC shows on network TV. Hopefully NetFlix can remedy that.
kedrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 01:43 PM   #186
Bowie
Banned User
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 159
Default Re: Favorite Spider-Man film so far.


Bowie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 02:02 PM   #187
MCU
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Posts: 156
Default Re: Favorite Spider-Man film so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlamAdams View Post
Ranked:
Spidey 1
Amazing Spidey
Spidey 2
Spidey 3

I honestly find Spidey 2 just as embarrassing as 3. I dont quite see what others do
I completely agree, I think Spider-Man 2 is so overrated. Like insane overrated. Never understood what people like about it so much. Like you said, I think the film is pretty embarrassing as well. Raimi's first film and TASM are the best ones imho as well. The only thing really holding back Raimi's first is the horrible Goblin suit. The only thing holding back TASM is a felt a bit rushed and like a rehash. It's cast the was spot on and worked great together. That's why I think with more time, not being a rehash and some even more great casting in the form of Jamie Foxx, Paul Giamatti, Chris Cooper and Dane DeHaan TASM2 is gonna blow all these out.

MCU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:03 PM   #188
Justin
Side-Kick
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 262
Default Re: Favorite Spider-Man film so far.

First time I've ever ventured out of the Arrow boards. Anyway, for me TASM wins hands down.

Read the first page and someone talks about how it's the worst movie and he's not Spiderman or Peter Parker, and feel exactly the opposite.

For me Maguire was completely miscast, and scripted badly. This new guy, he is what I remember from saturday morning cartoons. "Slow down doc, can't we just talk this over, your not thinking straight" while zipping through his legs. The constant quips during combat. Sitting in the back seat of the car when it's broken into. Playing games on his phone.

Just everything, he had the personality. He also climbed like a spider. You saw every single thing about him, from making the webs, taking the mask. You see why he always answers his phone, even when he's tracking lizards through sewers. That awesome scene on Gwen's balcony where his spidey senses kicked in. Then the Lizard, another saturday morning cartoon throwback, great choice for a villain, though I wish he kept the lab coat in Lizard form a bit longer. Either way it was very true to what I remember of Spiderman which is a cocksure, confident and sometimes arrogant guy.

And the best bit? He was vunerable. Every night he came home battered and bruised. This movie was real. I loved it. The other triology, to me, I just didn't enjoy it really.

Simply put if Maguire was Spiderman, the new guy was the Amazing Spider Man. Better wall climbing, better web slinging. He wowed me, Maguire didn't.


Last edited by Justin; 03-31-2013 at 01:18 PM.
Justin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:07 PM   #189
Duran Man
The Seventh Stranger
 
Duran Man's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Planet Earth
Posts: 3,572
Default Re: Favorite Spider-Man film so far.

Spider-Man 8.5/10
Spider-Man 2 8/10
Amazing Spider-Man 7/10
Spider-Man 3: 0/10

__________________
VIDEO-CLick to Watch!:
Duran Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:18 PM   #190
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,948
Default Re: Favorite Spider-Man film so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kedrell View Post
^I can't believe SM2 is winning this poll. And ASM is waaaay better than SM1.
Well that's your opinion, so I guess you can believe it.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:19 PM   #191
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,948
Default Re: Favorite Spider-Man film so far.

Spider-Man 2 - 9.5/10
Spider-Man - 9/10
The Amazing Spider-Man - 8.5/10
Spider-Man 3 - 5.5/10

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:20 PM   #192
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Favorite Spider-Man film so far.

Hrm...for so much of how we bicker on TAS-M, we both prefer Raimi's first two Spidey films

And before you mention your sig...this is the first time I've just looked at your sig, lol.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:26 PM   #193
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,948
Default Re: Favorite Spider-Man film so far.

My ratings have changed SLIGHTLY since I last made my sig, but its basically the same.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:30 PM   #194
Anno_Domini
Banned User
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 17,997
Default Re: Favorite Spider-Man film so far.

There's a tiny handful of CBMs that have really stayed the same in my eyes. The Avengers wasn't one of them. Still view it as the best MCU flick, but I don't have it in the top three anymore with TDKR and TDK. I have Spider-Man 2 rounding off the top three these days.

Anno_Domini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:33 PM   #195
pr0xyt0xin
Shaper Savant
 
pr0xyt0xin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 4,862
Default Re: Favorite Spider-Man film so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin View Post
First time I've ever ventured out of the Arrow boards. Anyway, for me TASM wins hands down.

Read the first page and someone talks about how it's the worst movie and he's not Spiderman or Peter Parker, and feel exactly the opposite.

For me Maguire was completely miscast, and scripted badly. This new guy, he is what I remember from saturday morning cartoons. "Slow down doc, can't we just talk this over, your not thinking straight" while zipping through his legs. The constant quips during combat. Sitting in the back seat of the car when it's broken into. Playing games on his phone.

Just everything, he had the personality. He also climbed like a spider. You saw every single thing about him, from making the webs, taking the mask. You see why he always answers his phone, even when he's tracking lizards through sewers. That awesome scene on Gwen's balcony where his spidey senses kicked in. Then the Lizard, another saturday morning cartoon throwback, great choice for a villain, though I wish he kept the lab coat in Lizard form a bit longer. Either way it was very true to what I remember of Spiderman which is a cocksure, confident and sometimes arrogant guy.

And the best bit? He was vunerable. Every night he came home battered and bruised. This movie was real. I loved it. The other triology, to me, I just didn't enjoy it really.

Simply put if Maguire was Spiderman, the new guy was the Amazing Spider Man. Better wall climbing, better web slinging. He wowed me, Maguire didn't.
Justin. Haha I've been reading the ASM forums since the film came out in July and I've seen every argument for and against ASM in the book. And I gotta say, its refreshing to see a great simple breakdown like this. Makes me want to watch it again. lol. 100% agreement, well done.

__________________
2014 Cinematic Adventures:
Noah | Captain America: The Winter Soldier | The Amazing Spider-Man 2 | Godzilla | X-Men: Days of Future Past | Dawn of the Planet of the Apes | Guardians of the Galaxy | Lucy
pr0xyt0xin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:35 PM   #196
Picard Sisko
Prepare to be Assimilated
 
Picard Sisko's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 17,948
Default Re: Favorite Spider-Man film so far.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anno_Domini View Post
There's a tiny handful of CBMs that have really stayed the same in my eyes. The Avengers wasn't one of them. Still view it as the best MCU flick, but I don't have it in the top three anymore with TDKR and TDK. I have Spider-Man 2 rounding off the top three these days.
The Avengers is more spectacle. So when you are not watching on a huge theater screen with amazing surround sound, the movie isn't as impressive IMO. Still a great movie, but its not SM2 or TDK.

__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Parker
"No matter how small I am--no matter how hopeless everything seems--I mustn't give up! My size doesn't matter! Even my life doesn't matter! No one can win--every battle, but--no man should fall-- without a struggle!"
Avatar by SpideyK.
Picard Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:03 AM.

monitoring_string = "dee460792f24517621e3ca080805de7e"
Contact Us - Mobile - SuperHeroHype - ComingSoon.net - Shock Till You Drop - Lost Password - Clear Cookies - Archive - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Top - AdChoices


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
SuperHeroHype.com is a property of CraveOnline Media, LLC, an Evolve Media, LLC company. 2014 All Rights Reserved.