The SuperHeroHype Forums  

Go Back   The SuperHeroHype Forums > Thor > Thor: The Dark World

Closed Thread

Old 04-03-2013, 11:03 AM   #701
Vartha
Mod of Thunder
SHH! Global Moderator

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo_3 View Post
I missed a couple of those. Wasn't aware Thanos had a Ship stolen lol

....to every King.
THOR MAY 6TH 2011

Old 04-03-2013, 11:18 AM   #702
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

Default Re: Thor 2 Dark World news, speculation and pictures possible Spoilers - Part

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvel_freshman View Post
Disney guy from China, via the BO forums, saying that the trailer's definitely coming April 23rd. Not surprising.
was hoping for much earlier...
looks like they are releasing the trailer with the official international date...

Old 04-03-2013, 12:54 PM   #703
darkslayer101
Side-Kick

i am also gonna guess that a teaser of the trailer will come out a week prior to the trailer release date.

Old 04-03-2013, 01:28 PM   #704
Surfer
Sentinel of the Spaceways

I wouldn't doubt the footage that came out with the Mavel Cinematic Universe Box Set was there teaser for the trailer coming out on the 23rd.

Surfer

Wolvieboy17..... "It's slow and relelentless, like being beaten to death with a sponge."
Old 04-03-2013, 01:52 PM   #705
BatmanFanboy
Side-Kick

Well you'd be completely wrong. That footage was behind-the-scenes footage of them filming the movie, wires and greenscreens present. There is no way they would use such unfinished footage in the actual trailer.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:11 PM   #706
LadyGeek
Side-Kick

Quote:
Originally Posted by piccolo View Post
That the Enterprise?
LOL! They really shouldn't let Scotty drive.

Old 04-03-2013, 02:24 PM   #707
Doc Ock
The Desolation of Spidey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godzilla2000 View Post
Looks kind of like a Tie Fighter.
A Thanie Fighter?

A Member of Raimi's "Spider-Man Trilogy" Fans | YOU MUST WATCH DOCTOR WHO | Love Smallville | I still believe in heroes Marvel Studios.
Old 04-03-2013, 02:37 PM   #708
itchyscratch
Side-Kick

Quite a few people on different boards are wondering if that shot of Thor and Jane is a funeral shot. Does all look a bit grim.

Old 04-03-2013, 03:50 PM   #709
Donar
Thunder God

Trailer on April 23? Nice!

Old 04-03-2013, 04:07 PM   #710
Webfoot Hero
Side-Kick

Doesn't seem to fit Marvel's standard 7-month timeframe to release the first teaser trailer (more like 6 with the predicted date.) Probably wanting to tie it in closer to IM3's release so it doesn't get so lost in IM3's promotional blitz.

Old 04-03-2013, 06:50 PM   #711
BigThor
so....am I Big Drax now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eggyman View Post
I hope we see him fly a bit more in this film, so I can get my head round it better. I mean, does he just throw the hammer really hard and let it take him for a ride, or does he actually fly, which some of the landing shots would lead to believe? I know, daft question, but I'm a Thor noob for the most part. The first film is only topped by Avengers in my opinion. I love it. Looking forward to more.
He uses the hammer but I don't see why that question is so popular, I mean flying is flying no matter how you do it right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vartha View Post
Doesn't have to be as the Thor copy. Beta Ray Bill DOES have his OWN powers before having Stormbreaker.
Really? What powers did he have?

Captain America - Because I can hear it.
Spider-Man - Hear what?
Captain America - ....thunder
*cue Thor's grand entrance*
Old 04-03-2013, 07:02 PM   #712
Donar
Thunder God

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigThor View Post
He uses the hammer but I don't see why that question is so popular, I mean flying is flying no matter how you do it right?

Really? What powers did he have?
Well, he was already pretty strong and durable (enough to give Thor a good fight), and he has Skuttlebutt.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:15 PM   #713
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock Sexton View Post
Well he would definitely tie into Surtur, if they lead into that for the 3rd installment.

I think with some of the chances they've recently elected to take in other films, Beta Ray Bill isn't so far fetched anymore.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cherokeesam View Post
Holy crap, it *does* look like BRB's insignia!

Probably jumping the gun here, and the ship may turn out to be something as simple as a Dark Elf vessel; but there's a couple of shreds of circumstantial "evidence" pointing towards Skuttlebutt and Ol' Bill.

I'll be watching for more as this develops.
A few pages late on this but could maybe BRB's ship (if it is his) crashing in Asgard be towards the end of the movie where he fights through Thor and others to give his message of a fiery demon dude thus giving a nice cliff-hanger into Thor 3 and maybe his only role in Thor 2? I wouldn't mind that one bit.

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 04-03-2013, 07:18 PM   #714
Moridin
Death Contagious Deity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donar View Post
Well, he was already pretty strong and durable (enough to give Thor a good fight), and he has Skuttlebutt.
That will never not sound like an STI.

Defend night-flight sites...
Trap clamped, snared for pyres...

Witchtripper...
Witchtripper...
Old 04-03-2013, 07:30 PM   #715
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
So? That's where I know him from.
I love how you know him as "the guy from planet hulk", and not, the alien who first proved worthy of thor's hammer, and who is essentially thor's brother from another mother

Old 04-03-2013, 07:32 PM   #716
Rock Sexton
Go get me a Juicebox!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkilban2 View Post
A few pages late on this but could maybe BRB's ship (if it is his) crashing in Asgard be towards the end of the movie where he fights through Thor and others to give his message of a fiery demon dude thus giving a nice cliff-hanger into Thor 3 and maybe his only role in Thor 2? I wouldn't mind that one bit.
Ya, brought it up a couple pages page. Found a picture of the Skuttlebutt that looked awfully similar to the crashed ship.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:32 PM   #717
Donar
Thunder God

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moridin View Post
That will never not sound like an STI.
LOL. I agree it's not a particularly good name.

Old 04-03-2013, 07:45 PM   #718
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

ehhh, idk, for some reason, not quite feelin bill yet.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:09 PM   #719
Eggyman
The Oval Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaqua99 View Post
I love how you know him as "the guy from planet hulk", and not, the alien who first proved worthy of thor's hammer, and who is essentially thor's brother from another mother
Glad you love it. It's a good feeling, isn't it, when a film generates new fans?

Old 04-03-2013, 08:41 PM   #720
mkilban2
family1stclothingco.com

Quote:
Glad you love it. It's a good feeling, isn't it, when a film generates new fans?
it's also the first time I'd ever seen him. I knew of the character kind of before but I've never read books.. too boring lol

Spoiler!!! Click to Read!:
If you've got a minute, check out our up and coming clothing company. Summer wear now in stock!
( http://www.family1stclothingco.com/ )
Old 04-03-2013, 09:02 PM   #721
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
yeah. It's just a different POV. A lot of Thor fans (obviously) know bill from the surtur saga, so its neat to see someone see bill from a different POV, someone who may not quite understand how big he is too thor, and that he's more than just a "thor ripoff" whch is how my friend described him

Old 04-03-2013, 09:04 PM   #722
jaqua99
....I need a horse!

Quote:
it's also the first time I'd ever seen him. I knew of the character kind of before but I've never read books.. too boring lol
hey, that's your opinion lol. The comics for me are just as entertaining, and they go deeper into character than you can on film. I picked up the first issue of Thanos rising today, and when age of ultron was on it's way to be released, I was so excited.

As for Thanos rising, I was more excited for that than I am for Ironman 3

Old 04-03-2013, 09:06 PM   #723
Donar
Thunder God

Quote:

Old 04-03-2013, 10:36 PM   #724
cherokeesam
Run Forever, Warrior RIP

Quote:
Yeah, it'd be a great cliffhanger. Even a nice post-credit teaser: strange spaceship crashes into the palace at Asgard. Thor and the other Asgardians warily approach. Shadowy form lying in the wreckage, croaks out a warning about Surtur, and how Malekith has released the demon for Thor 3. The Asgardians get a closer look at the ship pilot, look puzzled at each other, then back at Thor: "...You might want to see this, my lord...."

Thor approaches....and sees someone in a likeness of his own armor and helmet, with a hammer very much like his own Mjolnir, and a strange alien horse face.... (played in a surprise casting move by Sarah Jessica Parker)

...They move like slick cotton on oil.

---Echostation, 3/18/2014
Old 04-03-2013, 10:45 PM   #725
Whiskey Tango
1964 ~ 2014

2007-2008 SHH Pro Football Pick 'Em Champion
Closed Thread